Bk1234's The Voice Season 20 Contestant Ranking List (#1 and #2 Posted!!!)

Bk1234

Just now, Misirlou said:

Nice list. At the end of the day you did showcased your favorite, and IDF seemed to agree with most, nice job.

I´m telling you that if I ever make a list like this people would come at me in the first batch lol. 

Thank you! I’m glad we were all able to agree or respectfully disagree on things. 🙂 

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Bottom 5 in order: 

Gihanna 

Anna

Ryleigh

Zania

Rachel

Nah, none of them would be at the bottom , although they wouldn´t crack my Top 10 either. 

EDIT: Scratch that, Gihanna would be 10th for her consistency.

Edited by Misirlou

I am so happy that Cam is #1. He had my favorite audition and favorite knockout, which is a rare combination. He then proceeded to give my second favorite playoff performance, my favorite semifinal performance and my favorite finale performance with Stand Up. Cam really dominated this season, and no contestant this season was able to match him in terms of consistency, and he would outshine his competition each round. Even his worst performances were one of the best of the night. I really liked his audition, but it ended up being one of his lower performances for me. Feeling Good, It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday and Stand Up are probably my Top 3 performances of the season. Cam is one of my favorite winners and contestants of all time, and his win was one of the most exciting ever, especially since he was close with Kenzie on FB stats all season. 

Thank you for doing this ranking. It was really fun to follow, and I did not expect to agree with as many placements as I did here. There were definitely a few placements in S19 where I would have ranked a contestant a lot higher, and I’m glad this didn’t happen here. This is also the second winner in a row I am very happy about. I used to make my own redos where I would have stated where I think each contestant should have gotten eliminated based on performances, and Cam would have definitely won the Season 20 Redo. (They were a fad on IDF around S13 but by the time S16 finished, not as many people followed mine).

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I am so happy that Cam is #1. He had my favorite audition and favorite knockout, which is a rare combination. He then proceeded to give my second favorite playoff performance, my favorite semifinal performance and my favorite finale performance with Stand Up. Cam really dominated this season, and no contestant this season was able to match him in terms of consistency, and he would outshine his competition each round. Even his worst performances were one of the best of the night. I really liked his audition, but it ended up being one of his lower performances for me. Feeling Good, It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday and Stand Up are probably my Top 3 performances of the season. Cam is one of my favorite winners and contestants of all time, and his win was one of the most exciting ever, especially since he was close with Kenzie on FB stats all season. 

Thank you for doing this ranking. It was really fun to follow, and I did not expect to agree with as many placements as I did here. There were definitely a few placements in S19 where I would have ranked a contestant a lot higher, and I’m glad this didn’t happen here. This is also the second winner in a row I am very happy about. I used to make my own redos where I would have stated where I think each contestant should have gotten eliminated based on performances, and Cam would have definitely won the Season 20 Redo. (They were a fad on IDF around S13 but by the time S16 finished, not as many people followed mine).

I’m glad! 😊 His audition and knockout are both in my Top 2 of the round (for this season.) Yeah, his consistency was unmatched! I definitely agree with that. His “worst” performances weren’t even bad 😅 My Top 3 would be Stand Up, Feeling Good, and Lay Me Down, but all his performances were great, so there’s really no wrong answer. 🤗 My second favorite winner and contestant of all-time. 🥰 Yeah, I thought Kenzie would take it (I shine the meltdowns on here… 😬

Of course! 🙂 Thank you for always following along. I’m glad you agreed with a lot of the placements. :thumbsup: And yes, I have been very pleased with these last two winners (as evidenced by my signature) 😊 Let’s hope that trend continues for S21. 🥺🤞

Love reading the write-ups! (although I did not paid much attention to it by details because I do not want for my write-ups to be influenced or what, I tend to do that sometimes 👻) and a pretty solid rankings. Love too the top 5 so much. We have somehow the same rankings to some but there are way more differences than similarities ;)

I knew from the get-go that Cam was your favorite so no surprises there tbh and he deserves it 👑. Thank you for providing us with entertainment once again! (and for being respectful in the write-ups lol)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

#1. Cam Anthony (Team Blake)

2021-TheVoice-S20-CAM-ANTHONY-450x450-KO.jpg?impolicy=nbc_com&imwidth=480&imdensity=1
Taking the top spot in this ranking list is the winner of Season 20, Cam Anthony! Cam was the most consistent contestant this season. Every round was a hit, and he never missed. He brought so much energy and passion to every one of his performances, which is something that is really hard to do! Cam is one of the best contestants to ever step on the Voice stage, and I really mean that. He is my second favorite winner behind Danielle Bradbery, who will probably never be topped, and my second favorite Voice contestant behind Danielle, meaning he was able to surpass Noah Mac. 😮 Cam’s extraordinary gift was undeniable and the fact that he was only 19 when he did all that is mind-boggling! 😳 The funny thing about Cam though, which makes his #1 placement very different from Cami’s last season (ooh, look at me with the Cams in the top spot two seasons in a row 😮) is that I wasn’t too big on him pre-season. Don’t get me wrong, I loved his pre-season covers, especially “Jealous” and his “Ain’t No Sunshine” performance from Showtime at the Apollo, but I just never really got invested in him. I did consider making his fan thread though, but someone made it before I got the chance to (I’m so glad @season1 was able to take it over! :))) Cam quickly became one of my favorites of the season after his blind aired though (also, thank you to the Voice for uploading his compilation video so I don’t have to constantly click between videos :haha:) His blind, along with Carolina’s, were my Top 2 for a few episodes, until Lindsay’s came along. :haha: Cam sang “Lay Me Down” by Sam Smith and let me tell you, I was OBSESSED with the snippet of this that they had in a YouTube ad and I begged the YouTube algorithm to give me that one ad that I wouldn’t skip. :haha: Everything about this performance was just so amazing. Cam killed it vocally. He did so much with his voice, showed off its many different textures, and in my opinion, deserved a four chair turn (I’m really not sure what Kelly was thinking there, but I think it still worked out pretty well for Cam in the end. 😏 Nick used his block on John for this one, but it went to waste after Cam ended up going with Blake, which was probably the smartest coach pick of the season. Blake made Cam a huge promise: he said that he would not turn for anyone in Cam’s lane, if he picked him, and it was so nice to see Blake fulfill that promise throughout the blinds. Cam is a beast of a vocalist and it’s crazy to think that his blind audition was only the tip of the iceberg. This performance along with Lindsay’s audition constantly battle it out for Bk’s favorite audition of the season (Lindsay is winning right now, but that might change in a week :haha: Cam moved on to the Battles on Team Blake and a lot of people, including some of the contestants, predicted him to be paired with Keegan. However, Cam was instead paired with Emma (another one of my pre-season favorites) and the pairing they created here was so beautiful. 🥺❤️ Most battle partners just rehearse for the battle and pray that their partner gets stolen, but Cam and Emma went beyond that. They spent one whole day of rehearsal getting to know each other in order to create an authentic duet. I think this really made Emma feel more comfortable on stage, and it showed in her performance. It was so nice to see that one of my favorite contestants of the season had a kind heart too. ❤️ I think it was after Cam’s battle that I had a feeling he was on the trajectory for favorite contestant of the season. Cam sounded amazing in his battle, but the thing that I really liked about Cam in this one was his energy on stage (SO MUCH GIF POTENTIAL!! :haha:) He was vibing to the song and looked so comfortable up there. This performance really made me want to see Cam perform live, which is something that I really hope I get the opportunity to do one day. 🤞 Also, the run on “might never get there” (I think those are the lyrics) was insane and I loved Kelsea’s reaction to it. :haha: All the other coaches looked like they were hoping Blake would pick Emma so they could all steal Cam (there’s no way Blake would have done that though…) :haha: Blake ended up picking Cam and he saved Emma, which I was so happy to see, since I love both. 🙂 Cam’s reaction to Emma getting saved was so sweet and further supported the strong bond that they formed after being battle partners. Now, my favorite pre-live performance from Cam came in the Knockouts where he sang Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good.” Cam’s outfit was a slayage outfit, so I knew something good was coming and oh boy was I right. :haha: This performance sent chills throughout my entire body! 🤯 Cam SANG this song. His vocal choices were executed perfectly and the fact that he learned how to scat only a few days before and executed the scatting so flawlessly during the performance is mindblowing! 🤯 This truly showed me how great of a vocalist Cam is and was my favorite Knockout for a bit until it was overthrown by Rachel’s “Foolish Games” (it is still my second favorite though 😘) A few people accused Cam of oversinging in this performance and I honestly didn’t see it. All his vocal choices felt necessary, and to me, allowed his version to stand out among the many great covers of the song that are out there. Cam was chosen as the winner of his Knockout and moved on to Playoffs, where he continued to slay! The lives really allowed Cam to show us how amazing of a live singer he is. His studios were always solid vocally, but they could never match the passion and excitement that came with his live performances. Cam sang “Take Me To Church” in the Playoffs, which I thought was a great pick for him! Some had doubts about it on here, but I knew he would slay, and I was definitely right about that one! :yes: This ended up being my favorite performance of the night and also contained my favorite outfit from Cam’s run! :haha: Cam slayed vocally and some of the things he was doing with his voice were things that experienced singers even struggle to do live. I was very impressed with this performance because it captured the vocal slayage of the studio and combined it with the passion and stage presence that Cam always brings. 🤩 He even got to sing the song on Ellen after his win! 🙂 America also liked this one and they voted Cam into the Top 9, where Cam had another moment on the Voice stage. Cam’s studio of “It’s So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday” (wow, that’s a long title :haha:) is breathtaking and remains one of my favorite studios of the season. It might even be my favorite studio from Cam! I was so happy to see Cam tackle a more emotional song because that was the one thing he hadn’t really done up until that point. This song is so great because, if done well, it allows the artist to showcase their vocal ability and emotional delivery. Cam was able to execute both, and very well at that. :yes: The runs that Cam executed in this performance were INSANE! 😳 have chills all over after just listening to it! 🤯 The fact that he started out acapella and still sounded amazing is just a testament to how great of a live singer he is. Most of all though, with this performance, I finally felt some emotion from Cam. He used his runs to tell a story and they helped keep me invested and engaged. Overall, I thought this was a home run for Cam and I was happy to see him finally get the chance to do an emotional ballad. Cam also sounded great in his trio performance with Corey and Kenzie (I remember thinking this trio would be the Top 3 :haha: I guess I was pretty close…) Cam owned the stage in this one and it was nice to see this more fun side of Cam and Cam’s emotional side (from his solo performance) all in one night! One thing that was consistent between the two performances was how flawlessly Cam executed the runs and other vocal tricks. I’m telling you- he NEVER misses! :haha: America also loved both performances and voted Cam into the finale where he gave my favorite performance from him (the king is still impressing in the finale! 🤩) For his up-tempo performance, Cam sang Bon Jovi’s “Wanted Dead Or Alive.” I was a little nervous about this one for Cam and while it wasn’t my favorite performance from him, he still killed it vocally (like I said, the king never misses! 😌) Cam actually covered this when he was younger so it was nice to see this full-circle moment happen on the Voice stage. I really liked the contrast between the red mic and Cam’s black outfit in this one. ❤️🖤 I really enjoyed Cam’s vocal choices in this one and felt that they made the performance more interesting and engaging for the viewer. This was a good one from Cam, but his ballad performance of “Stand Up” was where he really shined! :w00tbounce: Cam’s studio of this was, as always, vocally flawless, but he took this one to a whole different level on that stage. Willie Spence from American Idol also sang this song during the finale, and while both versions were great, I think I would give the edge to Cam. Part of the reason why I love Cam’s version so much is because he was so fun to watch. The stage set-up was amazing and the background dancers and singers all helped to make the performance as empowering as it was. Cam’s movement around the stage kept me engaged and made me question if this was really the “ballad” theme (which is a good thing, by the way! :haha:) Everything about the performance was just so empowering (the hand motions, lyrics, etc.), especially when paired with Cam’s moving letter, which might be the most empowering message I have ever seen presented on the Voice (and I was 100% here for it!) Cam hit so many home runs during his run on the show, but this was something more. This wasn’t just about a good performance, it was about conveying an empowering message, and Cam executed that perfectly! :yes: Despite this amazing performance, I was still nervous for Cam on finale results night. I thought Kenzie would end up winning the show, so I prepared myself for that. When Carson announced Cam as the winner I was stunned and filled with joy! 🥰 A lot of the other contestants seemed to feel that way too, with Anna Grace even tearing up after Cam won the Voice. The amount of support that Cam got from the other contestants after his win was overwhelming and just goes to show how many strong bonds he formed with the cast after practically living with them for months. :haha: This cast was truly a special one and to see them all united and happy after Cam’s win was one of the most fulfilling things to see as a Voice fan. 🥺❤️This brings me to another reason why I love Cam so much: he is one of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever “met.” He is so inviting and friendly whenever he talks to people and his personality is so calming, which is something that I even felt when MESSAGING him on Instagram. 😮 Cam also followed me on Instagram after he saw my voting poster for him and I flipped (again, I wish I filmed the reaction, but those things happen at random times :haha:) That meant the world to me, and while I tried not to let that influence my rankings, it probably did in the long run… I mean, he’s my second favorite Voice contestant of all-time so I think I should be rightfully affected by the follow. :haha: Anyway, following and supporting Cam throughout the season has been a blast and I am so excited for his post-show career (you better treat him and Carter well, Republic!!!! :mad:) After getting two winners who were in my Top 2 of the season, two seasons in a row, I can only hope for that same luck in Season 21. :haha: I know he probably isn’t reading this, but I just wanted to thank Cam for not only slaying every week, but for being an inspiration and representing Season 20 of the Voice so darn well!

Nice to see King Cam at the top. 

Btw, here's my ranking,

1. Cam

2. Corey

3. Gihanna

4. Savanna

5. Zae

HMs to Kenzie and Dana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1)  I was OBSESSED with the snippet of this that they had in a YouTube ad and I begged the YouTube algorithm to give me that one ad that I wouldn’t skip. :haha: 

2) Cam’s reaction to Emma getting saved was so sweet and further supported the strong bond that they formed after being battle partners.

3) The amount of support that Cam got from the other contestants after his win was overwhelming and just goes to show how many strong bonds he formed with the cast after practically living with them for months. :haha: This cast was truly a special one and to see them all united and happy after Cam’s win was one of the most fulfilling things to see as a Voice fan. 🥺❤️

4) This brings me to another reason why I love Cam so much: he is one of the kindest, most genuine people I have ever “met.” He is so inviting and friendly whenever he talks to people and his personality is so calming, which is something that I even felt when MESSAGING him on Instagram. 😮 Cam also followed me on Instagram after he saw my voting poster for him and I flipped (again, I wish I filmed the reaction, but those things happen at random times :haha:) That meant the world to me, and while I tried not to let that influence my rankings, it probably did in the long run… I mean, he’s my second favorite Voice contestant of all-time so I think I should be rightfully affected by the follow. :haha: Anyway, following and supporting Cam throughout the season has been a blast and I am so excited for his post-show career (you better treat him and Carter well, Republic!!!! :mad:)

1) PERIOD! I have never loved a commercial as much as I do that one. Cam saying “This is where everything changes” + Cam’s vocals were flawless + the visuals of Anna, Victor, and Ryleigh doing that same step/stumble movement out of disbelief and emotion 🥺🖤. I don’t think a commercial has ever made me feel something like that one did. 

2) Here’s the reaction for reference. 🥰
giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868de14d0077602f85b9

3) Facts! I’ve never seen that many posts and stories from contestants for the winner. It was so incredible to see. 
I remember Jose said something like this after Cam won: “You guys all wanted Cam to win because of his undeniable skill. But what you don’t know is who Cam is as a person. All of us contestants wanted Cam to win because we know how genuine and kind-hearted Cam is.” If you’ve ever been on a Jose Livestream, y’all know he doesn’t say anything but the honest truth as he sees it.👏🏽👏🏽

4) This write-up is *chef’s kiss*. You should post it in Cam’s fan thread like you did with Carolina’s!
OML, (you know this but others don’t😉) Cam followed me back on IG and I just *couldn’t* believe it. So I honestly refused to believe it, even though I could SEE him in my followers list! 🤣🤣 

But then when I was forced to believe it was when I got to talk to Cam face to face. 🤯 Y’all, I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t because I was TALKING TO THE CAM ANTHONY! Everything you said is so freaking true. Cam’s a class act and a world class performer on top of that. Utter icon. 🖤🎶

He is my second favorite winner behind Danielle Bradbery, who will probably never be topped, and my second favorite Voice contestant behind Danielle, meaning he was able to surpass Noah Mac. 😮

King Cam’s raw impact 🥰🥰

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sydneysam said:

Love reading the write-ups! (although I did not paid much attention to it by details because I do not want for my write-ups to be influenced or what, I tend to do that sometimes 👻) and a pretty solid rankings. Love too the top 5 so much. We have somehow the same rankings to some but there are way more differences than similarities ;)

I knew from the get-go that Cam was your favorite so no surprises there tbh and he deserves it 👑. Thank you for providing us with entertainment once again! (and for being respectful in the write-ups lol)

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed reading them! I can’t wait to see your rankings! 😊

Yeah, I had a feeling you’d know. 😅 And yes, it’s important to me that I am respectful to the contestants in their write-ups. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Harmat said:

1) PERIOD! I have never loved a commercial as much as I do that one. Cam saying “This is where everything changes” + Cam’s vocals were flawless + the visuals of Anna, Victor, and Ryleigh doing that same step/stumble movement out of disbelief and emotion 🥺🖤. I don’t think a commercial has ever made me feel something like that one did. 

2) Here’s the reaction for reference. 🥰
giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868de14d0077602f85b9

3) Facts! I’ve never seen that many posts and stories from contestants for the winner. It was so incredible to see. 
I remember Jose said something like this after Cam won: “You guys all wanted Cam to win because of his undeniable skill. But what you don’t know is who Cam is as a person. All of us contestants wanted Cam to win because we know how genuine and kind-hearted Cam is.” If you’ve ever been on a Jose Livestream, y’all know he doesn’t say anything but the honest truth as he sees it.👏🏽👏🏽

4) This write-up is *chef’s kiss*. You should post it in Cam’s fan thread like you did with Carolina’s!
OML, (you know this but others don’t😉) Cam followed me back on IG and I just *couldn’t* believe it. So I honestly refused to believe it, even though I could SEE him in my followers list! 🤣🤣 

But then when I was forced to believe it was when I got to talk to Cam face to face. 🤯 Y’all, I wanted to cry, but I couldn’t because I was TALKING TO THE CAM ANTHONY! Everything you said is so freaking true. Cam’s a class act and a world class performer on top of that. Utter icon. 🖤🎶

King Cam’s raw impact 🥰🥰

1) Yeah, that ad was everything!!! 🤩

2) Oh, thank you for making that! 🙂 

3) Yeah, it’s true, and that thing from Jose is so sweet. 🥺❤️
4) I’ll consider it. 🙂 Yeah, I was so happy for you! ❤️ Seeing you talk to him on the IG live was great too. I loved your enthusiasm! 😊

5) Yes, he beat the original MacAttack :haha:

2 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

Nice to see King Cam at the top. 

Btw, here's my ranking,

1. Cam

2. Corey

3. Gihanna

4. Savanna

5. Zae

HMs to Kenzie and Dana.

:yes:

That’s a solid Top 5. It’s nice to see Cam and Gih in there. :wub: