Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

Cycle 2 - Overall Thoughts

So as to be expected, they worked out some of the kinks from cycle one here. This cycle felt like the most legit modeling competition ever if that's what you're into. I've raved a lot about the photoshoots, but the girls could really take these photos and enter the real modeling world with them, they're that legit (though they could probably throw away the underwater shot and maybe the shoes shot). The lessons were really important as well throughout the cycle and it really felt like model boot camp. If I was to recommend a cycle to an aspiring model, I would say this one would be the one to watch. Obviously I barely care about any of that though :dead:. This cycle was so strong narratively. The rise and fall of Shandi, Camille vs. Yoanna, Mercedes' disease, the malfunctioning of the Aprilbot. They carefully crafted all these storylines right from the beginning and gave them meaningful conclusions. This is just peak reality tv production for me. Obviously the producers had their hands everywhere because, that's what reality tv is. But they knew where to push and prod, and then step back and let things happen. While the cast may feel top heavy, I think they gave their early boots their time in the sun as well. I left the cycle still thinking about Xiomara, Jenascia, and Catie. While they didn't have the deep, complex storylines, they were still fun and memorable characters. My biggest complaint would probably be many of the individuals episodes weren't amazing. While the end product justified all the buildup, it can be a bit of a snooze to reach that point at times. I wouldn't ever say I was bored with the season, but about half of the episodes were just solid.

kGucAP6.png

1. Shandi - I think I've talked enough about Shandi's amazing storyline, I'm not sure how much more I have left to say. They do the ugly duckling storyline A LOT on this show and, spoiler alert, I'm rarely a fan because I find it really contrived. Not with Shandi though. Shandi invented this now iconic archetype and she did it better than anyone else will ever do it. Shandi really was a dorky Walgreens cashier with literally no style and she transformed into a gorgeous top model traveling to Italy and having sexy one-night stands. I watch reality television specifically for people like Shandi.

2. April - April is just very relatable to me. I'll be the first to admit she is not who anyone would think of when they think of reality tv characters I'd be similar or am drawn to. I tend to prefer the bigger storylines. Frankly, April was invisible for about half the episodes and she didn't contribute any drama. Yet I still love her. I don't get inspired by reality show contestants, but there's something about watching April discover her passion in realtime that inspires me. April went from being trapped in a Fortune 500 job she hates to becoming a legit hostess after the show. April falling in love with this world felt very natural and very real and I was falling in love with her falling in love with it. Along with that, I just find everything about the Aprilbot unintentionally hilarious. I do think April is entertaining, even if she isn't present every episode, and I don't want to take that away from her.

3. Camille - Obviously Camille doesn't have the Real and Complex storyline of my top two, but Camille entertained me this cycle like no other. There was never a dull moment when Camille was on the screen. Camille was born to be a reality television villain. Her feud with Yoanna is legendary. Camille's antics in the acting episode is truly a tour de force performance from her. Camille's far from an angel and some of her actions in the final episode are inexcusable, but I still love her this cycle (we'll get to All-Stars when we get there (lol if I stay committed to this project that long)).

4. Mercedes - Despite all my efforts to resist, Mercedes won me over. Her personality is infectious. She is a natural in the confessionals and such a joy to watch. The lupus storyline gave Mercedes some layers, specifically her resistance to spill until it was beneficial for her reward win ❤️. Is Mercedes the most memorable girl in the history of this show? No. But I still enjoyed her well enough!

5. Yoanna - I've come a long way with Yoanna. Everything about Yoanna kinda came together for me by the end. I love watching contestants overly committed to whatever craziness they're enduring on a reality show. Yoanna was crazy committed to being America's Next Top Model, so crazy committed that it became entertaining. While I still think she was a major hater to Camille early on and it was entirely justified, Yoanna gets the higher ground by the end of the cycle. I'll never consider myself a huge fan, but I'm also no hater!

6. Xiomara - She was just really likable and such a dork. I think she had a cute friendship with Shandi I wish could've been explored more. And I love the drama she brought with Catie early on. Truly an awful portfolio, but I think that adds to the appeal lol (and the runway walk with the crazy eyes :dead:)

7. Jenascia - She really started the season off with a bang. After that she became a supporting player, but a solid supporting player. Whenever we turned to Jenascia for input, she delivered. Just a totally solid early boot, what more could you ask from her?

8. Catie - She was a bit Much at times, but she also did what she had to do. She was a loyal cub to Camille which also gives her bonus points. Overall, I'd say I'm a fan, but she did leave at the right time.

9. Sara - I really can't stop raving about what a stunning woman she is. She has sex appeal for days. Her backstory is really interesting and heartbreaking, but there also wasn't anywhere for this story to go unless she "came out" to her father on the show which would've been a bit #2Raw2Real probably. Really chill and likable, but unfortunately that didn't translate to entertaining television.

10. Heather - Idk why this girl confuses me so much :dead:. I just can't read her at all. She was the main character of the third episode after being invisible for the first two, but I still left the episode wondering who the hell is she??

11. Anna - She came, she kept her clothes on, and she left. Fascinating.

12. Bethany - Sliiiiiiight villain potential there, but she was really just a punching bag for Tyra to knock another sexy girl down a few pegs.

• Like 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 2)
On 6/17/2021 at 11:23 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Yeah, the Shandi high-end styling shoot was a deliberate choice to remove her. It was clearly the worst styling and the angles they chose for the picture are questionable to me. The planes of Shandi's face are so interesting and you cannot convince me that this was the best they could do. With how much effort the photographer put into getting Yoanna's exactly correct there's no reason why he couldn't have done a better job with Shandi (and the styling put her at a huge disadvantage right off the bat too).

Mercedes: let's pull everything back and up so that her full face is exposed at the bottom. Genius.

Yoanna: let's forget about the hair completely and stick a helmet on so her jaw/cheek are the main focus and then we try to get exact symmetry. Genius.

Shandi: let's curl her hair and use it to obfuscate her neck and jaw and give her bangs and then stick a tacky flower on the side and no blending any makeup. What.

Lmao yeah exactly. She probably would've gotten something like Mercedes' concept if they wanted to keep her in (though I think Yoanna gets tanked at the final three if Shandi doesn't cheat and they keep her as the winner)

On 6/18/2021 at 5:48 PM, goofycilla90 said:

omg your overall thoughts on shandi are gold already lmao 

Queen Shandi :wub:

20 hours ago, Deeee said:

Yes to a righteous top four ranking. :wub:

Dee :wub:. My entire ranking is righteous tyvm :kissbye:. But yes, my top four are especially righteous :wub:

Cycle 3 - Episode 1 - The Girl with the Secret

From memory, C3 is my favorite cycle so I'm very excited about this :wub:. We'll see if it lives up to my hype.

6Ghyc3Y.png

The very first casting episode :wub:. I LOVE the casting episodes, and this one's obviously iconic!

dVzGGYt.png

Lol Veronica Mars series premiere next y'all!

a0laVRx.png

Eva and Ann have bonded immediately and are toasting to the top two ❤️

6wPD13J.png

PLZ not this girl completely hyperventilating as Tyra walks in :dead: (PS, I believe that's Nicole completely not reacting in the background lol ❤️. It was from that moment where Tyra decided to rig Nicole out :giggle:)

QV6mOmW.png

Ann and Eva cackling over how everyone hates them already ❤️

4NKjIlE.png

Ann declaring she does not lose anything.

SYpdfa8.png

"I might look like the All American girl, but I don't have the All American job cause I'm a stripper 🙂"

"That's the All American job to me"

Miss J :dead:

7hn8iLn.png

Julie is hoping to represent the Indian community on the show!

bL7ihLi.png

OH HI LEGEND :wub:

P6HLhHK.png

Tiffany's hoping to move into the house because she's tired of being tough and she doesn't wanna fight anymore :broken:

Q5gc5t7.png

The 21+ girls partying at the bar, and I'm sure nothing will go wrong!

rSEJQNs.png

DIS BITCH!

bRt3zYR.png

"I've never been in a bar fight before and that was fun 🙂"

wvEX5iX.png

"THAT SKANK HOE POURED THE BEER ON MY WEAVE!"

1qQizNk.png

This random chick Sarah deciding to lecture Tiffany, there's a reason nobody knows who you are Sarah :kissbye:

2N4r8HA.png

"I just don't condone violence 🙂"

"And that's great Martin Luther King! I'm with Malcolm! Like the Bible says, do unto others as I'm gonna do unto you!"

4e8vwBM.png

Tiffany feeling bad that she let her grandmother down and she's not changing fast enough :broken:

PhLXABy.png

"I'm the only one with the bling bling on my grill!"

arizOVU.png

"All my friends tell me I'm a white girl with a really good tan" PLEASE MISS KELLE I THINK YOU NEED NEW FRIENDS!

3oMys39.png

"I'M HERE, I'M HERE! I'M TOCCARA, I'M BIG, BLACK, BEAUTIFUL AND LOVING IT!"

BQgf8Cu.png

nGRYxDH.png

aHuzBdQ.pngz07YG7h.png

"When she released those puppies they were full grown dogs" :dead:

4qpj5D5.png

"I don't know, I just don't think this is right for me. I don't wanna do it. I wanna go home" *storms out* QUEEN :dead:

Y2I50So.png

"I feel my best feature is my eyes...but I have not told anyone my problem with them 😮" [/cliffhanger]

nFaLZxX.png

Eva & Ann railing into the skinny girl just because that's what they do lol

rKvEHdI.png

"No man will ever sleep with you, you can never bear kids, that's not sexy!"

PQu0FiQ.png

Spoiler alert, this bitch wins the season :dead:

JVOwoGt.png

"I go to school at Brown University, it's a nice little ivy league school 🙂"

yRlRLQm.png

"I'm here to represent a beauty that is Black!"

fKL2Ld8.png

Jennipher with the world's lamest backstory, crying about wanting to leave her small town.

iaeAijA.png

Kristi bragging about being a Republican and wearing an American flag prom dress gurl...

WktY1tu.png

Nicole's entire audition is about being bisexual, you go girl!

eiZe3Z7.png

Miss Eva the Diva stormed into the audition room like she owns the place :wub:

2FCLVfr.png

"I'm not nasty and I'm not negative...Well I've vocally said Amy looks nasty that was very mean......but Amy looks nasty" :dead:

OnQAcTF.png

Eva breaking down in the audition about how she's always been told she's not good enough :wub: You better get that growth arc QUEEN!

MxgJNwu.png

Eva apologizing to all the girls before the first elimination, a strategic mastermind :wub:

pLynvSR.png

Bffs Eva & Ann have survived the first cut!

ivUnqY8.png

"I just hate to go back to people who are gonna look at me and say 'I told you so'. It's cool, I'm used to failing. Someone gotta fail, right?" Ugh Tiffany :broken:. Luckily this isn't the last we see of her :wub:

JvvyqaI.png

Lol Amanda stealing the show at the first elimination to tell everyone she's legally blind :dead:. Get that screentime girl!

KqFt65Z.png

"I'm just making my picks. I've got some people that are gonna be eliminated" :giggle:

3Dwk4Ih.png

Lol oop @ Mary watching Toccara get picked

0pLoYBP.png

Eva chosen as the final girl to make it :wub:

5LDjoqp.png

Tyra following this girl into the bathroom to comfort her :dead:

ZuOlimN.png

And just like that, we've got our cast of 14 girls!

• Like 2

Cast Ranking:

wC1wyF8.png

I cannot believe how many screenshots I used in my recap :dead:. But I mean, I had to! This was a legendary premiere to a legendary season. Tiffany's bar fight is one of the most iconic scenes in ANTM history. And the Eva storyline is like a 10 episode arc that all happened in one episode. This cast is so amazing and we really got to know so many of these characters so well so quickly! I'm so hyped to continue watching this season. Just love everything about this episode :wub: (except the Tiffany elimination :broken:. If I included semi-finalists, she would be first in my rankings obviously)

1. Eva - Eva the Diva :wub:. I mean, come on, could it be anyone else? Eva COMMANDED the premiere. She took over that house and had those other bitches SCRAMBLING! She was magnetic, captivating, and so quick-witted. And then she got humbled fast and we got to see Eva's vulnerable side and fell in love with her. Eva was playing the game, and she was playing it hard. Never in a million years would I have guessed she's the winner if I watched this for the first time.

2. Toccara - If you don't love Toccara there's something wrong with you. Toccara's got personality for days. I am hanging on her every work and every time she's off screen, I just want more Toccara. Her audition is legendary.

3. Ann - Eva's right hand woman :wub:. The Eva & Ann relationship is some Shakesperean shit and I can't wait to explore it more.

4. Amanda - Queen of sob stories ❤️. I still lol about her opening up about being blind literally as half the girls are getting eliminated :dead:.

5. Yaya - One thing about Yaya that's not discussed enough is that she's an amazing narrator. She has really amazing thoughts and she conveys them well, it's not wonder she's one of the most successful actresses to come from the show. A great premiere for her, she's so likable.

6. Norelle - Norelle works UTRP like no other :wub:

7. Kelle - Lol she's a mess already I'm so excited ❤️.

8. Julie - She's absolutely stunning. I love what she represents on the show and how proud she is of her culture!

9. Cassie - Queen of stripping!

10. Nicole - Queen of bisexuality!

11. Magdalena - She had Tiffany's back in the van after the fight so I f*ck with Magdalena now (for the next 20 mins that she's still on the show :giggle:)

12. Leah - Who?

13. Jennipher - Lame ass sob story, Amanda you are not!

14. Kristi - The proud republican is an obvious last place lol. Keep that shit a secret!

• Haha 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 3 - Episode 1)

Ahh I meant to do all my catching up before you got to the iconic S3 premiere ep!!

Although what more can I add to the flawless S2 rankings :wub:

- While Shandi wasn't my top favourite of S2, I obviously cannot fault having her in that position. Initially watching this cycle I was expecting to have the same frustrations about an 'ugly duckling' storyline and then quickly realised that Shandi was obviously the blueprint for this and did it marvellously. The way she was turning out high-fashion photos by the end genuinely SHOCKED me upon watching. And then on top of that the phone call which I can still vividly hear even months after watching.

- April :wub: Have to agree with everything here too. I think Mercedes was my favorite on first watch but then as time went on I realised it was probably April. Another one who really just grew over the show's run and became a natural (I say that as if her first few shoots weren't already amazing enough). But I enjoyed her throughout and love seeing anything she's done post-show! (Like that time Rihanna recognised her on the red carpet from ANTM like 10 years after her cycle, her power :wub:)

- Camille is truly a great and unsurprisingly I loved her from the beginning. I'll tie in my Yoanna thoughts here too but I totally agree about Yoanna coming off like a Karen in those early episodes! Yoanna was rattled by Camille and it was not a good look despite Camille not having her good moments by any means either. I haven't actually seen All-Stars and I need to get back on my watchthrough soon just for this as I'm really interested to see what she's like coming back.

- All very fair comments on Mercedes. Like I say she was probably my #1 by the end of the show and someone who I would have liked to see win out of the remaining girls but I can understand how she wasn't as memorable from a character perspective, but still really loved her and her work on the show.

- I struggled with Yoanna but like you said I do think I came around on her by the end. Her beauty shot obviously is legendary and one of the defining shots of the show. She's not a main fave of mine but credit where it's due I think she proved herself by the end.

- Lmao your comments on Xiomara's portfolio/walk adding to her appeal is so right :dead: I thought she did have a couple of good shots in there but god were they weighed down by her not good ones. Truly one of a kind!
- Jenascia :wub: I know I spoke about this early on but out of all the early-mid ANTM boots for some reason she has really stuck with me. Like you have said, she did fade a little after that big first episode. But still really enjoyed her.

I find myself forgetting more of the people in your bottom half but I'm sure I would agree on the comments there too :haha:

Eva the Diva :wub: What an outstanding first episode for her. Going from getting called out at the auditions for her attitude to really having a heartfelt and humbling moment. Like you said, it was like a whole story arc in one episode. I already loved Eva before watching this cycle but this just made me even more excited to see her. Her relationship with Ann was really interesting to watch over the season especially with how quickly it all came to be.

Yes loved Toccara from the moment she came in! What a star, truly so great to watch ❤️ 

Very few TV moments have left me unable to process what just happened like Amanda taking over the eliminations to reveal she's legally blind. Somehow she managed to do this twice in one season in one of the future episodes where she makes... that comment about her son. I'll never forget it.

Yaya :wub: Another big fave of mine and really blossomed over the season! Damn I forgot about how Kelle talked about her friends in her audition too and how this wasn't the only moment where she would say something on the show and I would audibly gasp. But her arc was really quite something and I'm excited to see more about it here.

The birth of Tiffany ❤️ I had no idea going into this cycle that she had been a semi-finalist before, I just knew her as the girl who Tyra yelled at, so watching this episode the first time I remember thinking "wow girl is really stealing the show". Turns out she stole the show two years in a row. Her mind :wub:

21 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

IS THIS NOT THE BEST CASTING EPISODE OF ALL TIME!??!?!?!?!?!

It really is.

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

Ahh I meant to do all my catching up before you got to the iconic S3 premiere ep!!

Although what more can I add to the flawless S2 rankings :wub:

- While Shandi wasn't my top favourite of S2, I obviously cannot fault having her in that position. Initially watching this cycle I was expecting to have the same frustrations about an 'ugly duckling' storyline and then quickly realised that Shandi was obviously the blueprint for this and did it marvellously. The way she was turning out high-fashion photos by the end genuinely SHOCKED me upon watching. And then on top of that the phone call which I can still vividly hear even months after watching.

- April :wub: Have to agree with everything here too. I think Mercedes was my favorite on first watch but then as time went on I realised it was probably April. Another one who really just grew over the show's run and became a natural (I say that as if her first few shoots weren't already amazing enough). But I enjoyed her throughout and love seeing anything she's done post-show! (Like that time Rihanna recognised her on the red carpet from ANTM like 10 years after her cycle, her power :wub:)

- Camille is truly a great and unsurprisingly I loved her from the beginning. I'll tie in my Yoanna thoughts here too but I totally agree about Yoanna coming off like a Karen in those early episodes! Yoanna was rattled by Camille and it was not a good look despite Camille not having her good moments by any means either. I haven't actually seen All-Stars and I need to get back on my watchthrough soon just for this as I'm really interested to see what she's like coming back.

- All very fair comments on Mercedes. Like I say she was probably my #1 by the end of the show and someone who I would have liked to see win out of the remaining girls but I can understand how she wasn't as memorable from a character perspective, but still really loved her and her work on the show.

- I struggled with Yoanna but like you said I do think I came around on her by the end. Her beauty shot obviously is legendary and one of the defining shots of the show. She's not a main fave of mine but credit where it's due I think she proved herself by the end.

- Lmao your comments on Xiomara's portfolio/walk adding to her appeal is so right :dead: I thought she did have a couple of good shots in there but god were they weighed down by her not good ones. Truly one of a kind!
- Jenascia :wub: I know I spoke about this early on but out of all the early-mid ANTM boots for some reason she has really stuck with me. Like you have said, she did fade a little after that big first episode. But still really enjoyed her.

I find myself forgetting more of the people in your bottom half but I'm sure I would agree on the comments there too :haha:

Thanks for catching up!

-That's kinda how I felt with Shandi originally as well. I was kinda like "ugh this storyline" but then she really perfected it so well, you just have to give her props.

-April is truly an icon who has transcended the show :wub:

-Glad you're with me on the Camille vs. Yoanna situation. But yeahhhhh maybe don't watch All-Stars if you're wondering what Camille's like nowadays, it gets pretty not fun and ugly is all I'm gonna say 🙈

-Wow I didn't expect Mercedes to be your number one 😮. Fair enough though!

-Yeah I kinda feel the same way about her, it took till the end for me to warm up to her.

-Lol Xiomara ❤️.

-We'll have our own little two person Jenascia stan club :wub:

Lol yeah besides Catie, there's not much to remember from the others :haha:

8 hours ago, *Lily said:

Eva the Diva :wub: What an outstanding first episode for her. Going from getting called out at the auditions for her attitude to really having a heartfelt and humbling moment. Like you said, it was like a whole story arc in one episode. I already loved Eva before watching this cycle but this just made me even more excited to see her. Her relationship with Ann was really interesting to watch over the season especially with how quickly it all came to be.

Yes loved Toccara from the moment she came in! What a star, truly so great to watch ❤️ 

Very few TV moments have left me unable to process what just happened like Amanda taking over the eliminations to reveal she's legally blind. Somehow she managed to do this twice in one season in one of the future episodes where she makes... that comment about her son. I'll never forget it.

Yaya :wub: Another big fave of mine and really blossomed over the season! Damn I forgot about how Kelle talked about her friends in her audition too and how this wasn't the only moment where she would say something on the show and I would audibly gasp. But her arc was really quite something and I'm excited to see more about it here.

The birth of Tiffany ❤️ I had no idea going into this cycle that she had been a semi-finalist before, I just knew her as the girl who Tyra yelled at, so watching this episode the first time I remember thinking "wow girl is really stealing the show". Turns out she stole the show two years in a row. Her mind :wub:

-Ugh, Eva's such a star :wub:

-Of course you love Toccara, how can anyone not :wub:

-Lmao I don't remember the "son comment" at all :dead:. I'll be looking forward to it (I remember the messy Cassie stuff though 🙈)

-Yaya love :wub:. Yes Kelle is certainly an interesting character.

-Tiffany's sooooooo much more than the girl Tyra yelled at and I'm very glad you got to see that now! One of my all-time faves easily.

7 hours ago, goofycilla90 said:

one of my fav seasons I’ll have to follow 

Yessss thanks Priscilla :hug:

6 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

"don't you think any job interview---"

👠👠👠👠👠👠👠

Me

5 hours ago, Solaris said:

Eva ❤️ one of my favorite Top models ever.  This season is so good with her Amanda, Ann and Toccara.  

Same :wub:. All of them are great :yes:

I'll  be popping in here from time to time. :haha: 

It was a lot of fun reading your Cycle 2 thoughts. Agreed it was a really  great season of modeling and modeling boot camp but lots of compelling personalities. A LOT of our rankings are completely different but that's to be expected.

- I don't love Shandi as much as you or most but you did write up her time really well on the show. She really transformed into an amazing model. Some of her drama towards the end was a bit tough for me to watch but she is compelling and i get the love. She's about my 4th favorite.

- April is someone I think we agree the most on. I absolutely love her and everything you said on her is spot on. She's my 2nd favorite of this cycle. :wub: 

- Camille was someone I didn't like the first time i watched this cycle (in live time) as I don't like the villains but i've grown to appreciate her and the drama she brought. Her iconic runway walk that's gonna make her famous on her last episode is one of the most iconic moments ever.

- I'm sure you know this but I love Mercedes and she's easily my favorite this cycle. :wub: I wasn't expecting her to be your fave but I appreciate and love your comments on her. She's the type of contestant I gravitate towards - an infectious fun & sweet personality but a great model. So lovable! Glad to see she is Lily's fave too!

- Oof Yoanna is someone I was never huge on.... and maybe it's bitter feelings of her winning. 🙈 She did have some great moments and did love some of her photos. But she came to be ANTM winner and she set out hard on that. And props to her pulling that off.

- Xiomara was an interesting one. Can't remember too much of my thoughts on her but omg her runway walk with the big crazy eyes was a hilarious moment. :dead: 

- I liked Jenascia - think she was someone I liked more on first watch than repeated watches. Good points on Catie.

- Aww Sara is someone who I loved and considered her my 3rd favorite. Despite you not caring much for her.... I agree with everything you said on her? She's very gorgeous and hot but I loved her chill personality. And I did warm to her with her backstory.

Yayy you watching Cycle 3 as that's one of my very top favorite cycles and one of my most watched cycles too. :wub: 

Loving your love for Eva, Toccara and Yaya and agree with all of your comments on them. :wub: .....And I think I will keep my Ann comments quiet. 🙈 Well actually... I will say I did like the Eva & Ann friendship on the early days.

Cycle 3 - Episode 2 - The Girl Who Is Co-Dependent

giXENmP.png

Lmao, Ann leaping up to the seat next to Eva, please girl, you were just one row back :dead:

sJ6xwz8.png

The girls find out they're going to Jamaica for the first photoshoot!

OLe3okG.png

"Kelle is so white-washed it's not even funny :/"

8ERpklY.png

Ann melting down on the plane having to fly

LjP3KGM.png

"Eva I need you! Mama I need you!"

Htv4ouL.png

Magdalena is in medical school and is giving up a great internship at a place she wants to work to do this........are you sure about that girl 🙈

ZMiuTjl.png

The girls finding out one of the girls is getting eliminated at the end of this photoshoot. I never liked this twist, should've just cast 13.

SR4wosg.png

Mr. Jay hyping up Kelle at the photoshoot that she's doing well 🙂. Yeah I will be taking many screenshots throughout the season of Kelle doing well 🙂

Za6Pupt.png

I love her lack of energy! Go girl, give us nothing!

uTWWuWj.png

Leah walking straight over to read the envelope of who got eliminated :dead:

hcG8Egy.png

And just like that, Magdalena's gone. I like her look, I wish we got to see more of her I think she had room to improve.

XSueMuQ.png

It's a rare Nicole sighting!

Zqhdjf1.png

Ann: Let's play rock, paper, scissors for beds!

Everyone: 👁️👄👁️

24R4sjZ.png

Eva realizing all the beds are taken because she was too busy going on a tour of the house :dead:

YE4B5E3.png

Ann flipping out on everyone because no one's giving up their bed to let Ann & Eva sleep in the same room :dead:

qLMtmfN.png

"WHO AGREED ON THAT?!" if there's one place I don't want to be, is on the other side of an argument with Queens Yaya & Toccara

rnlZqL3.png

"Ann...big deal tough titty :kissbye:"

jI4ashc.png

It's now the next morning and Ann is confronting Eva for not having her back during the room fight :dead:

SbB5zNS.png

"YOU'LL BE IN MY WEDDING I SWEAR TO GOD!"

HqccR52.png

They're bffs again ❤️

kC6W7Si.png

Eva: Are you an only child?

Kelle: Yeah 😄

Eva: Clearly :rolleyes:

GIxEW8H.png

ZBcAKjg.png

BAxepBj.png

The girls are enjoying Kelle's tour of NYC!

8V0q7vE.png

"My profile...I feel like I have a protruding mouth, almost like a monkey mouth 😄"

juGwlaQ.png

wD4omS1.png

0Tu5Mn8.png

Presented without comment.

AHK2bKW.png

Toccara deciding to confront Kelle because she doesn't want to keep talking about her behind her back.

hluKssa.png

Kelle breaking down over having no friends and the other girls talking behind her back.

3JCASR6.png

"People ask me what pair of pants you're wearing, they're Gucci, I can't help that 😭" :dead:

iM8Yb6C.png

Amanda deciding to be a friend for Kelle ❤️

k6TfQs7.png

xoH3Uoz.png

"You might be giving these skinny little bitches a run for their money!"

LYuDsOG.png

Lol Toccara watching Leah storm out after her elimination.

9D05okw.png

And then there were 12!

8pnZQpd.png

Lol random bonus clip of Toccara walking out in her bikini for the first time.

Cast Ranking:

ZF5hceb.png

Not as good as the casting episode, but there was honestly nowhere to go but down from there. This episode was ALL Eva, Ann, and Kelle with some supporting content from Toccara. The other girls just got some generic confessionals here and there. The good news is that Eva, Ann, and Kelle are all strong enough to carry the episode and make it entertaining. The season clearly has SO much potential though and I'm very excited to continue.

1. Eva - Eva the diva's topping the leaderboard again. After an explosive premiere, Eva definitely calmed down this episode, and she is extremely funny. Just a goldmine in the confessionals. She played the straight man to Ann's crazy antics and she played it well.

2. Kelle - Look all of Kelle's mess with her race and stuff...I don't think I'm the one to comment on it as a white man. Kelle clearly has a lot of insecurities though and I think this is a result of someone who grows up not around people that look like her. I feel bad for the girl, she's just completely lost. I still find myself rooting for her though!

3. Toccara - She played a supporting role in this episode and she was just really fun! Love her, can't get enough Toccara content.

4. Ann - While she was A Lot at times and I found myself cringing, this was the Ann Episode and since I liked the episode I guess I obviously have to rank Ann high. Ann acts like she's 18, I can't believe she's 21 here, and Eva's the 19 year old!

5. Yaya - She was fun in the house, and she just DOMINATED the week from a modeling aspect.

6. Norelle - Queen of getting two lines each episode but always delivering :wub:

7. Amanda - I appreciate her reaching out to Kelle as a friend ^_^

8. Julie - She's actually really fun and I wish we got to see more from her!

9. Cassie - Just there.

10. Nicole - I'm gonna enjoy playing "spot Nicole" all season long.

11. Magdalena - Welp girl, we hardly knew ya.

12. Kristi - Who?

13. Jennipher - Who?

14. Leah - Her entire storyline was about being afraid to be "plain Jane" and unfortunately she failed. Easily the least memorable girl of the first three seasons.

Photo Ranking:

PWR3gSm.png

A solid first photoshoot. A simple bathing suit shoot in Jamaica, what can go wrong? This shoot exposed that a lot of these girls are amateurs and still learning, but I don't mind that. A few of the girls did step up to the plate though!

1. Yaya - BEYOND regal. Yaya is commanding the shot and made me want to go out and buy the bathing suit! Such a strong and powerful shot, already one of the best shots the show has seen so far.

2. Toccara - She is WORKING that bathing suit. I love how comfortable she is in her skin. This is a high fashion bathing suit shot and I love everything about it.

3. Julie - I find this picture to be super underrated. I think Julie knows herself well and she really emphasized the strong points of her body and face here. It's not your typical shot and that's why I love it. She took a risk and I think it worked.

4. Nicole - Would've been second but I can't stop staring at the pinky they pointed it out lol. Still easily one of the strongest of the bunch.

5. Amanda - Her face is to die for and I kind of like the way she broke down her body. I wish the other arm wasn't hidden, but I still like it.

6. Kristi - I don't like her closed eyes, but it's one of the strongest poses of the bunch.

7. Eva - Her pose makes her look even shorter than she is and I definitely see album cover here, but it's not a bad album cover at least!

8. Cassie - Rather safe and predictable. Not bad, I just don't feel anything for this shot.

9. Leah - I think it would've been better if she went head on. I don't think she was ever gonna give us anything spectacular though so it's hard to argue with her elimination.

10. Norelle - I actually really like her face here! Too bad the pose is a whole ass mess lmao.

11. Ann - She is beautiful enough to sell the bathing suit. But yeah, her face is completely dead.

12. Jennipher - I really love the way she's wearing the bathing suit, but same as Ann. No life in her face at all.

13. Kelle - This wasn't her best shot and we know it 🙂. I like........the way she's holding the coat or whatever 🙂 🙂 🙂

14. Magdalena - Poor girl just looks completely lost. I think she has potential so it's a shame.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 3 - Episode 2)
On 6/21/2021 at 9:56 PM, *Wallace said:

I'll  be popping in here from time to time. :haha: 

It was a lot of fun reading your Cycle 2 thoughts. Agreed it was a really  great season of modeling and modeling boot camp but lots of compelling personalities. A LOT of our rankings are completely different but that's to be expected.

- I don't love Shandi as much as you or most but you did write up her time really well on the show. She really transformed into an amazing model. Some of her drama towards the end was a bit tough for me to watch but she is compelling and i get the love. She's about my 4th favorite.

- April is someone I think we agree the most on. I absolutely love her and everything you said on her is spot on. She's my 2nd favorite of this cycle. :wub: 

- Camille was someone I didn't like the first time i watched this cycle (in live time) as I don't like the villains but i've grown to appreciate her and the drama she brought. Her iconic runway walk that's gonna make her famous on her last episode is one of the most iconic moments ever.

- I'm sure you know this but I love Mercedes and she's easily my favorite this cycle. :wub: I wasn't expecting her to be your fave but I appreciate and love your comments on her. She's the type of contestant I gravitate towards - an infectious fun & sweet personality but a great model. So lovable! Glad to see she is Lily's fave too!

- Oof Yoanna is someone I was never huge on.... and maybe it's bitter feelings of her winning. 🙈 She did have some great moments and did love some of her photos. But she came to be ANTM winner and she set out hard on that. And props to her pulling that off.

- Xiomara was an interesting one. Can't remember too much of my thoughts on her but omg her runway walk with the big crazy eyes was a hilarious moment. :dead: 

- I liked Jenascia - think she was someone I liked more on first watch than repeated watches. Good points on Catie.

- Aww Sara is someone who I loved and considered her my 3rd favorite. Despite you not caring much for her.... I agree with everything you said on her? She's very gorgeous and hot but I loved her chill personality. And I did warm to her with her backstory.

Yay, glad to see you here Wally! Lol of course are rankings are differing :giggle:

-Shandi's transformation was truly something :yes:

-Yay glad you love April :wub:

-Glad you've grown to appreciate Camille! She truly is iconic!

-Yes I remembered Mercedes was one of your faves (who I graciously spared in the ANTM rankdown :giggle:). I can definitely see how you gravitated towards her.

-I figured you'd like Yoanna more. But I'm kinda with your comments.

-Lol yes Xiomara was certainly interesting to say the least.

-Agreed on Jenascia and Catie.

-Not surprised that you're a Sara fan, I see why you like her :yes:

On 6/21/2021 at 10:00 PM, *Wallace said:

Yayy you watching Cycle 3 as that's one of my very top favorite cycles and one of my most watched cycles too. :wub: 

Loving your love for Eva, Toccara and Yaya and agree with all of your comments on them. :wub: .....And I think I will keep my Ann comments quiet. 🙈 Well actually... I will say I did like the Eva & Ann friendship on the early days.

Glad you love C3 too :wub:

Eva, Toccara, and Yaya :wub:. Lol yes I remember having to fight for Ann to survive the ANTM rankdown :giggle:

22 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Ann is now married to Colin Branca but unfortunately my Google search was not able to find any evidence to verify the bridesmaids lolololol

I actually did research this once upon a time...I think the conclusion I came to was that Eva wasn't even at the wedding :dead:

Cycle 3 - Episode 3 - The Girl Who Everyone Thinks Is a Backstabber

Xnk49xv.png

Amanda sobbing and singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" is lowkey making me lol

9q9QEBW.png

"He is the most magical child I have ever seen in my entire life, he was conceived to the hour on September 11th" 👁️👄👁️

oXPv1rz.png

Jennipher is the first to sob upon hearing her makeover.

iu83eNQ.png

"It's gonna be little and blonde like a little white boy. I don't wanna look like a little boy 😭"

Yemc09d.png

"I have to put all my trust and faith into you and I don't even know you :/"

YCAdUE2.png

"I've never been blonde before, I'm interested to see how it'll look! I'm very open-minded about it 😄"

HpSdM8R.png

"I hate short hair on me 😭"

amzpOS5.png

To be fair...........what is dis??????

FiKy9TU.png

And nothing for Julie :dead:

PC6iG91.png

No more bling bling on the grill!

tlw9URM.png

Amanda strutting around the salon posing with her new hairdo :dead:

bvixbWK.png

"The girls are starting to feel intimidated by me and it's really making me feel good as hell 🙂"

mv6Gloc.png

Cassie getting the token "girl who doesn't eat" storyline we get each season.

zqctDKh.png

Yaya leaping over everyone in the limo to get the makeup for the challenge :dead:

F1O9pSj.png

Norelle has won the challenge!

7GS1wZ8.png

Kelle dropping a glass she's cleaning :dead:

i5sZJtF.png

Julie doing an impression of her Indian mother for the Indian designer :dead:

kIVQFV4.png

Julie bellydancing when she's supposed to be waitressing :wub:

qEQUSjx.png

"This test is a personal attack against Yaya :kissbye:" Yaya on the makeupless beauty shot :dead:

V2UYsBe.png

QUEEN OF MODELING

nUEwRUO.png

Cassie has decided to confide in Amanda that she has an eating disorder.

dPv40tH.png

And now everyone knows!

Ho4NANq.png

"Amanda's a complete ass for telling Cassie's secret. She plays this role that she's this sweet nurturing mother..."

nbInvwK.png

"I have a will to be skinny and if people have a problem with it, that's their problem" Oof. Poor Cassie.

nIsGNaA.png

"I don't consider myself bulleimic because I don't throw up after everything I eat" This show needs to help this girl!

GgYSNha.png

"Please tell me I'm a good person 😭"

1MTomjl.png

"I'm excited for elimination, let's get some of these bitches out of here!" Nicole sighting!

qigzohx.png

Janice: You look like Cousin It!

hun94aB.png

Nole: Where'd you come from baby?

Amanda: Your dreams ;)

dvqSQYL.png

Julie casually admitting she's using this to start a manufacturing company :dead:

4qdFs9c.png

"There were other shots my eyes were very intense :kissbye:" TEA!

ewecVWi.png

"It's the first time in my life I'm really honest about something and I blow it here" :dead:

ApsL7p6.png

And then there were 11...

Cast Ranking:

WgFxUK9.png

I think this episode was weaker than the first two, but it was still fun. What I love about this episode is that it kinda flipped everything on its head that we've expected from the first two episodes. Maybe Amanda's not our hero? Maybe Eva's not our villain? This episode proved there are no heroes or villains in ANTM C3 and that's why it's my fave season.

1. Amanda - Amanda was powertripping HARD this episode and I was living for every second of it. The way she STRUTTED around the salon after her makeover. Iconic. I think Amanda's heart was in the right place when she revealed Cassie's secret because I think she wanted to help her, but gossiping to other girls is obviously not the way :dead:. But let's be honest, Amanda secured the number one spot the second she casually threw out there that she was getting dicked down while the Twin Towers were falling.

2. Eva - Once again, I loved Eva this episode. I love that Eva's not afraid to call girls out on their shit. Amanda was supposed to be the inspirational mama bear, but Eva saw the backstabbing opportunist Amanda was this episode and brought it to everyone's attention. She speaks for the people.

3. Yaya - I feel bad for Yaya and her struggles with her skincare. But I'm also entertained by the Yaya who doesn't put up with anyone's shit and we saw bits and pieces of that girl throughout the episode ❤️.

4. Norelle - Norelle just makes me laugh she's so much fun ❤️. Queen of winning the reward! Queen of no more braces!

5. Kelle - The way poor Kelle was strung along just so Tyra can make fun of her :dead:.

6. Julie - I had no memory of Julie going into this rewatch, but I thought she was really funny! She left with me wanting much more which is rare for a lot of these early ANTM eliminations.

7. Ann - Ann is on this show to prove to the audience that modeling is more than just being pretty.

8. Cassie - I feel so bad for her. She very clearly had an eating disorder here and it was really unfortunate to watch :(

9. Nicole - Nicole watch: She can be kinda bitchy and funny? Who knew!

10. Toccara - Whichever editor made Toccara invisible this episode should be fired.

11. Kristi - Who?

12. Jennipher - So something I've noticed about Jennipher is that she's always the third command in gossipy scenes. She's never leading the charge or being particularly witty. She's just a follower always prepared to talk shit about someone and I don't like that.

Photo Ranking:

CVYXdKQ.png

Loved this shoot. Sweet, simple and to the point. This shoot really separated the strong from the weak to an extent. I think the retouched vs. unretouched aspect was wholly unnecessary, but ignoring that aspect of it I liked it.

1. Amanda - The world iconic gets throw around a lot by me, but this is ICONIC. With Amanda's hair and eyes it would've been hard for her to mess it up, but she nailed it.

2. Nicole - I love Nicole's pose and her face is SO strong. Such an amazing photograph.

3. Yaya - I love what Yaya's doing with her hands here. The face is really soft and vulnerable, but also strong. It's completely different from her first shot and proves what a versatile model she is.

4. Cassie - Ugh I just want to get rid of that hand. Otherwise, it's such a pretty shot. It's almost too pretty as she's relying on that, but it still works for me.

5. Norelle - It's a bit odd and rough around the edges, but it's perfect for Norelle's personality.

6. Toccara - Toccara's pose is so strong and one of my favorites. She just needed extra oomph behind the eyes to make it a top-tier shot.

7. Eva - It's not bad, I just expect more from Eva. It's a bit disjointed.

8. Ann - I could actually kinda see this as a Nivea add or something. Ann's natural looks take this photo a long way.

9. Jennipher - It's just rather bland, I feel nothing looking at Jennipher's photos.

10. Julie - She's so pretty, but she looks so confused in this picture.

11. Kelle - Y'all know if we got her real picture it would've been FCO 🙂

12. Kristi - I hate her mouth here and it completely ruins the picture. The pose is actually really good and I should probably rank it 2 or 3 spots higher, but that mouth is awful.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 3 - Episode 3)