Alex Rewatched ANTM

Alex95

22 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

This is one of my all time favorite moments and I quote it all the time. I could never find a gif though...

I'm glad there are so many Robin gifs out there considering it's just a random 2003 reality show :wub: But yes, this absolutely needs to be giffed.

22 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

The treatment that Ebony received on the show between the racist hairdressers and the homophobic contestants and the constant micro-aggressions.... and she still managed to show grace in the end. 

It's so ugly. Ebony! Deserved! Better!

Cycle 1 - Episode 5 - The Girl Who Everyone Thinks Is Killing Herself

(Lord, what an offensive episode title about eating disorders)

t2O6lvM.png

Tyra cooking and hanging out with the girls, they're trying to convince us she's human and I'm not buying it.

qVJhr0Y.png

Montage of Giselle fishing for compliments :wub:

RtI9a8l.png

OdwWsxn.png

"Never drank, never smoked, and I'm still a virgin 😄"

"I experimented with drugs when I was like 13 and I was a little promiscuous :rolleyes:"

B6JJXcI.png

Literally ALL the girls sitting around gossiping about Elyse having an eating disorder, I bet she felt soooooo much less bad about her rant after watching this episode lol.

0nx6Fws.png

Elyse breaking down on the phone to her mom :(

Obe8A3X.png

"Giselle annoys me the most, but I'm not willing to alienate Giselle because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron" :dead:

wp50TA0.png

Mama TyTy leading a group therapy session, the show really went downhill when Tyra stopped hanging out with the girls.

huDpFmu.png

Lmao Miss Robin completely avoided the question of whether or not she's a virgin :dead:

f3iTamW.png

Elyse spending the entire interview talking shit about the other girls :dead:

LJaSyBk.png

"I just think no one's that perfect"

"Right...right...right...right...well you just met Robin today 🙂"

acDHXtb.png

Elyse winning for breaking every rule of interviewing :dead:

BrRzRgY.png

Giselle lowkey crushed this shoot

o2achUF.png

Umm, why couldn't we use this for Kesse's picture?!

EdVVGv3.png

Adrianne and her mom :wub:

kEfgRdo.png

Adrianne and her mom talking about the times she got scammed in the past trying to become a model is so sad, especially since Adrianne dealt with not getting her prizes after winning this too.

IhmFSOO.png

"Was he talking about your booty or something?"

"He was LUSTING!"

:dead:

X8TpxUK.png

"This looks like she escaped from the mental institution. This is the worst photograph I've ever seen. You look deranged, your arms look amputeed, your legs look amputeed, and it looks like you have a PENIS!" One of Janice's most legendary reviews :wub:

1fFAkvF.png

Elyse afraid to get eliminated because it would be embarrassing :dead:

osyab65.png

And then there were five...

Cast Ranking:

3kt9DGe.png

I definitely found this to be the weakest episode of the season yet. The eating disorder storyline just wasn't very fun to watch. I enjoyed getting to see the girl's vulnerabilities and Elyse was an absolute star here. But yeah, just easily my least favorite episode yet.

1. Elyse - Elyse is first and by a country mile. Seeing Elyse's vulnerable side was great (though the context for us seeing it was sad). Elyse was clearly living for the interview challenge as she had an opportunity to just openly talk shit about the other girls :wub:. Her strongest episode since the second one, and reminded me why she's one of my all-time favorites.

2. Adrianne - I was a little disappointed in seeing her lead the conversations about Elyse's "eating disorder" at first (but Elyse has talked just as much shit about Adrianna I suppose). She's this high for her relationship with her mom, I just absolutely loved seeing the two of them together.

3. Robin - HE WAS LUSTING! Robin was legendary at the interview challenge as she just continues to go on and on about how perfect she is :wub:. She's so delusional :wub:

4. Giselle - I really think Giselle could've won if she didn't just throw it away. Giselle had so much raw talent, but she just kept talking herself down and fishing for compliments. Giselle was at her best as a punching bag for Ebony. Otherwise she was fun, but kinda annoying. She seems like a sweet girl though.

5. Kesse - Who? I feel bad, Kesse is easily the most likable person in the house. And I'm really interested in her story with her mom and I wish we got to hear more about it. But she just completely fades into the background.

6. Shannon - This rewatch has really opened my eyes to how irrelevant Shannon was on the show. She's just Robin lite (without any of the entertainment), but she's an "All-American girl" so it's okay.

Photo Ranking:

H7KtVVN.png

This shoot had potential to be good! I liked the idea of seeing the girls in motion. However, the fact that we couldn't see their shoes? (and in some cases they didn't even wear shoes :dead:). As a motion shoot, it was great. As a Reebok shoot it was terrible.

1. Adrianne - The only girl to successfully show off the shoes and deliver a great shot. This shot is both graceful and powerful. Adrianne killed this week and absolutely deserved FCO.

2. Giselle - I LOVE this shot and just really wish she was wearing shoes lol. Looking at her on set, it looked like there were about 10 different shots they could've used and all would've been flawless. Giselle really did an amazing job throughout the season, she genuinely had the potential to win.

3. Shannon - I think it could be a little sexier, but I could legit see this in a sports magazine. Just...where are the shoes?

4. Elyse - I go back and forth on this shot, sometimes I love it and sometimes I hate it. I think where I've landed on it is I wish the face was stronger but overall I'm happy with it.

5. Kesse - I've never quite understood the intense hatred for her photo. It's certainly not great, but I would hardly consider it one of the worst of the cycle (or even in top model history). I actually kinda like her pose here and her body looks great. Just, the whole photo doesn't come together.

6. Robin - Lol she's like falling out of the shot :dead:. Her face is reading nothing, it's just a whole ass mess.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 1 - Episode 5)
14 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Montage of Giselle fishing for compliments :wub:

obnoxious

"Giselle annoys me the most, but I'm not willing to alienate Giselle because she's the only one in Tokyo with a straightening iron" :dead:

Elyse is a gifted confessional entertainment savant. Everything she says is so deliberate and articulate, and yet still off-the-cuff? She's candid yet intentionally hilarious??? queen

Elyse spending the entire interview talking shit about the other girls :dead:

queen. her filter for speaking needs to be studied by scientists. 

"This looks like she escaped from the mental institution. This is the worst photograph I've ever seen. You look deranged, your arms look amputeed, your legs look amputeed, and it looks like you have a PENIS!" One of Janice's most legendary reviews :wub:

I'm quoting this not because I have anything to add but so everyone can read it again and relish it

She's just Robin lite (without any of the entertainment), but she's an "All-American girl" so it's okay.

wow, never thought of it that way, I think you cracked the code

Giselle - I LOVE this shot and just really wish she was wearing shoes lol

I never liked this shot for that reason - it completely misses the assignment. These models needed better direction and a better concept for a shoe ad. Better photo selection. better everything lol

8 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

obnoxious

Elyse is a gifted confessional entertainment savant. Everything she says is so deliberate and articulate, and yet still off-the-cuff? She's candid yet intentionally hilarious??? queen

queen. her filter for speaking needs to be studied by scientists. 

I'm quoting this not because I have anything to add but so everyone can read it again and relish it

wow, never thought of it that way, I think you cracked the code

I never liked this shot for that reason - it completely misses the assignment. These models needed better direction and a better concept for a shoe ad. Better photo selection. better everything lol

-Lol Giselle was a lot

-Elyse truly mastered her craft and was such an important ANTM character.

-Yeah I used to be pretty neutral on Shannon, but my hot take now is that she kinda sucks (unless she impresses me these last few episodes which I doubt)

-I guess I would be harder on the shot if the rest of the girls were clearly selling shoes, but most of them didn't even have shoes in the frame, so who am I to judge Giselle :dead:

Cycle 1 - Episode 6 - The Girl Who Deals with a Pervert

(Another awful title trivializing an awful experience a girl had to deal with on their show)

850Zwd5.png

Adrianne & Elyse talking about boobs while the rest of the house is reading the Bible :wub:

qALvj5z.png

Miss Kesse is the ultimate floater queen, bonding with both sides. If this was a BB season Kesse would win.

NtcdXUN.png

Go sees :wub: My favorite challenge each season :wub:

I78ZO6U.png

Lol just some random guy telling them they're going to Paris. Where's Mama TyTy hopping in a kangaroo costume?!

sp5rKcc.png

There's not enough beds so Robin has to sleep on the floor :giggle:

vq7xZAB.png

"You don't have to be a lesbian to change in front of your friends!"

oUjHA6f.png

"Adrianne says things that are inappropriate, I might look at her in a way that a teacher looks at you if you did something inappropriate in class."

6rkdW6q.png

Not Miss Shannon finding out girls can masturbate at the ripe old age of 18. I'm starting to feel bad for this girl, she is soooooooo sheltered.

jSySRmA.png

And as we all know, the male model for the photoshoot is the Bible lover himself, Shannon's crush Brad Pinkert. The Devil works hard, but Mama TyTy works harder.

pjk9Q1E.png

Robin is working so hard to set Shannon and Brad up :wub:

mVredGr.png

Brad admitting he put the Bible down as his favorite book because he doesn't read much :dead:

"It also said his favorite movie is Boogie Nights" :dead:

vPkpQZY.png

Robin literally forcing Shannon on a date with Brad because she said it would be "good etiquette"

PiswaN3.png

The girls attempting to understand how to take the metro to their go-sees lol

jOSMrkk.png

Miss Robin kidnapping a local to help her find her go-sees :wub:

keVfo8v.png

Kesse shopping instead of going to her Go-See :wub:

CVvOhQ3.png

Poor Adrianne completely lost :( (and obviously not screenshotting it, but sooooo gross her getting assaulted by some random dude)

AXi3QrR.png

A better love connection than Brad & Shannon :wub:

GHhlsJ8.png

"I had 25 go-sees and I would make every single one of them!!!!111!!!" Yes we all know, Mama TyTy is better than all of us.

6SJ4f8K.png

"Our clients said you can only work on special shoots"

"Well they're gonna have to create some more special shoots then!"

I actually love that answer! Robin, groundbreaking queen :wub: :wub:

3n8jiCs.png

Kesse's elimination reducing Tyra to ~tears~

EtY9o3f.png

And then there were four...

Cast Ranking:

6WLx4sr.png

Go-Sees are always fun to me. This was from from the most legendary go-see in ANTM history, but I still enjoyed it well enough! Also the suuuuuper orchestrated Brad Pinkert storyline culminating in a horrible photoshoot and awkward date with Shannon was so worth it :wub:. Adrianne casually getting sexually assaulted and the show just...ignoring it doesn't sit well with me though.

1. Robin - Miss Robin is finally back on top :wub:. She was firing on all cylinders in every scene. Judging Adrianne's whorish conversations, setting up Miss Shannon with Brad, paying a local to join her on go-sees, and now being the last one standing to never land in the bottom two :wub:. Umm winner alert?!

2. Adrianne - "His favorite movie is Boogie Nights" is one of my favorite ANTM quotes :dead:. Adrianne really thrives as the thorn in Robin's side. I really sympathized with her with what she had to go through during go-sees :(.

3. Kesse - Obviously Kesse was never near the top of my rankings, but I always had a soft spot for her. She was the one girl everyone got along with in the house and she just seemed really nice and fun. The perfect example of who a Christian should be. Kesse at the go-sees was really fun.

4. Elyse - Elyse was as strong as she always is. She didn't really give me any new layers this episode, but it's not like there's anything new she can give us at this point. I obviously still enjoyed her, just enjoyed others more.

5. Shannon - Lol this was probably my favorite Shannon yet still she's still at the bottom of the ranking 🙈. This time it isn't actually anything against Shannon, just in favor of the other girls. Her horrible date with Brad was pretty funny, but that was pretty much all she gave us (tbh I could've put Elyse last, but lol I was never gonna do that).

Photo Ranking:

dRgACPt.png

This photoshoot should've been a success...what on earth were they thinking?! I don't know if I should blame the models, the photographer, Tyra, or just everyone. These are some of the worst results of a photoshoot in ANTM history. No one gave us a good photo. Either they're not showing off the lingerie, or they are and they look bad. What a complete and utter fail.

1. Elyse - There is something to this photo that does draw me in. It's sooooooo timid but idk...there's something there. This is on the verge of working, which makes it the best photo of the week.

2. Adrianne - I mean it's certainly sexy, maybe a bit too sexy. Can't really see the lingerie...but yeah.

3. Shannon - She is trying way too hard here. Better than the other two, but not by much.

4. Kesse - Kesse looks like a corpse laying on top of Brad. There's nothing behind her eyes, and she's not really doing anything with her body, she just plopped on top of him. Kesse has so much potential, I wish all her photographs looked like her first one because that one is so good!

5. Robin - I almost ranked this first because it's one of the funniest photos in ANTM history :dead:. The anger Robin has in this photo staring at Brad :dead:. Legendary :wub:

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 1 - Episode 6)
13 hours ago, *Chris said:

I'll catch up shortly, but you're making me wanna watch along with you :haha: 

You should :haha:

11 hours ago, hayden98 said:

I'm thoroughly enjoying reading all your thoughts! Idk if you've seen them, but I know Ebony and Giselle have released interviews within the past year-ish talking about their experiences on Top Model.

Oh that's interesting. I feel like a lot of girls have been opening about their experiences on the show more and more in the past couple years. I'd definitely be particularly interested in hearing Ebony's thoughts.

Cycle 1 - Episode 7 - The Girls Who Get Really Naked

epk5Gex.png

"I do believe in God, I'm just not psychotic about it" the divide between the two sides of the house intensifies with Kesse's elimination.

rE7gPkA.png

All the girls are trying to compromise so they each can do what they want in Paris, while Robin just wants to go shopping and nothing else :dead:

e3VF1Bs.png

Elyse crying out of frustration of how horrible Robin was (while Adrianne doesn't give a shit ❤️)

hwpobxT.png

Ugh I hate that their friendship fell apart after the show :broken:

S3aQNBO.png

"You like the food"

"It's different 🙂"

gNRj8nd.png

yJr0R6m.png

Adrianne's Shannon impression :dead:

EtpodTP.png

Robin calling the men they're out with "cat daddy lustful men" and not "socialites" :dead: Queen of spending her entire day reading the Bible :wub:

10jK0Jd.png

Adrianne beating Robin in how to act like a lady ❤️

kfw4dPd.png

"I tried to act very ladylike and graceful" :dead:

9gTUSBq.png

6K9NCIa.png

Robin and Shannon finding out they're posing nude :dead:

AznABVW.png

Lmao Mr. Jay is so unprofessional, gossiping with Elyse about how Robin's flashed him in the past.

DPRB9Co.png

"My grandmother used to always tell me, if you don't stand for something you'll for anything." an ICONIQUE ANTM quote :wub:

kMXStt2.png

Tyra vs. Robin about whether or not she shook her bare boobs at Mr. Jay :dead:

ysP1OU9.png

Unfortunately we must say goodbye to Miss Robin (the super pack suitcase is sending me :dead:)

y76FkWB.png

And then there were three...

Cast Ranking:

3OKQMXE.png

Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the cycle. I loved the drama between Adrianne & Elyse vs. Robin & Shannon (especially the fight in the hotel room between Elyse and Robin). The etiquette challenge was also fun to watch (especially with Robin bombing it). Then of course, the iconic moment at the photoshoot when Robin refuses to pose nude.

1. Robin - "If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything". Robin left the show the same way she came onto it. The hilariously hypocritical Christian. Tyra and Mr. Jay accusing Robin of shimmying her bare boobs at Mr. Jay is possibly the most hilarious reason for elimination in ANTM history. So she gave us that iconic moment, along with spending an entire reward challenge reading the Bible because she refuses to talk to the Parisian men, and the fight in the hotel room where she reduces Elyse to tears. Amazing.

2. Adrianne - What a joy Adrianne is to watch. I remember liking Adrianne during cycle one, but I'm really falling in love with her on this rewatch. I don't think she's quite as witty as Elyse, but she's still really funny in the confessionals. And I just low how open and honest she is with the world. While some early RTV characters don't age well, I think Adrianne is just as enjoyable in 2021.

3. Elyse - Elyse is officially in this competition to win it. She now wants it and she wants it bad and I love that. I feel like Elyse wants to be the strong, badass contestant, but she lets Robin get to her more than anyone else and it's sad to watch. She really is just crushing so many aspects of this competition that I didn't expect Elyse to do well in.

4. Shannon - I actually respect Shannon for standing by her morals. I used to be like "How dare these girls not do everything Tyra tells them to do!!!!111!!!!!1" and now I'm like "If Shannon doesn't want to give off the illusion of nudity in her art she shouldn't have to". And I definitely believe this was her decision and not just her following Robin's lead. Still BY FAR the least interesting person in the competition though.

Photo Ranking:

CTXgbjW.png

I always love Tyra's B&W beauty shots. It's simple and it really lets us see how the girls can fare in the modeling world. Really, I think they all did a great job here and I could flip this ranking backwards and it would still make sense to me.

1. Shannon - Really just following my gut on these rankings, but I love Shannon's bone structure here. She elongated the neck, I think the arms are really well placed, and her eyes are piercing. I wish she closed her mouth, then it would've been a perfect shot for me.

2. Elyse - I think this photo is super underrated. There's a mysterious look in her eyes and I just love the way she's framed. It's just very Elyse.

3. Adrianne - There's nothing wrong with this picture. Honestly, I just feel more looking at the first two pictures. Technically, I actually think it's the strongest picture where all the elements are working. I'm just following my gut here.

4. Robin - Definitely her strongest photo in the competition after her snakes picture. It's very soft and serene, I like seeing this side of Robin. Frankly, she's just not as strong of a model as the other three girls.

The nude diamonds photoshoot should've been great. But like so many C1 photoshoots THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE DAMN PRODUCT THEY WERE SELLING! I love the nude twist and I think this shoot gave us two of the best photos of the cycle. But come on...GIVE US DIAMONDS!

1. Adrianne - I mean, come on! One of the best photos of the cycle easily. It is sexy as hell, look at her body! I love the arch in her back and the way her eyes pierce through the camera. It's just the hand. I wish the hand was a bit more gentle. A softer hand and this would've been 10/10 flawless.

2. Elyse - I had to SEARCH to find the diamonds in Elyse's photo :dead:. I didn't expect Elyse to go this direction with the photo, I think she could've been a lot more androgynous and a lot more dirty. But I also like that Elyse didn't go the expected route, and she still delivered a great photo, her second best of the competition behind the snakes.

3. Shannon - I think Shannon would've been way too uncomfortable to deliver anything great if she did it. I respect her decision not to pose nude. Putting her higher than Robin just because I think Shannon's portfolio has been better.

4. Robin - We all know Robin's photo would've sucked, I mean come on :dead:

• Haha 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 1 - Episode 7)
On 5/29/2021 at 2:38 PM, FrogLenzen said:

Robin after carrying the entire plotline of ANTM Cycle 1 

female fitness GIF

Robin to Tyra and all the production employees and future models since she was the reason why ANTM was renewed and got off the ground

Your Welcome GIF by memecandy

Every ANTM villain after her better be thanking her as well for creating the archetype.

Cycle 1 - Episode 9 - The Girl Who Becomes America's Next Top Model

VXnO5Ey.png

Adrianne and Elyse are celebrating Robin's elimination.

ZUVgVuD.png

This is how Shannon "lets loose" with Robin gone

ElEkz9qUYAARdhF.jpg

p2Ej3A3.png

Adrianne excited her ~evil influence~ has brought the worst out of Shannon ❤️

tCZmgaq.png

"I don't think it's acceptable to say anyone 'deserves' to win this competition, it's not a basic human right to get a modeling contract" Possibly my favorite Elyse confessional...?

IzUyLnk.png

Elyse explaining how "estrogen features" helped get Tyra and the other top models to the point they're at :dead:

o1vkd6Y.png

"Elyse came off like a real know-it-all today" Okay Kimora :dead:

WMsBvq2.png

"I don't have any predictions as to who will be eliminated, but Shannon told me Jesus told her I would be staying here so that makes me feel pretty comfortable :giggle:"

fWl4UUW.png

Elyse agreeing with Tyra that she's condescending and arrogant in her intelligence :dead:

eCSl86e.png

And then there were two...

LBcoa4H.png

Lol I do not remember this random dinner where they all talk about the eliminated contestants. It's like Survivor's fallen comrades scene!

thyS5wJ.png

Janice being a Shannon warrior at the finale still shocks me.

xHbWvgM.png

Adrianne wins :wub:

6SHRqr6.png

We stan a top model!

KOEFyZu.png

And then there was one!

Cast Ranking:

oKcPjYl.png

ANTM finales aren't usually my thing. Obviously there's not much drama or intrigue to come out of it, especially on rewatches. It's just eliminate two more girls and crown a winner. This one was pretty fun though! I don enjoy the interview portions and Elyse's condescension combined with Shannon coming out of her shell gave the finale some life. And then the Adrianne victory ended the finale on a high note.

1. Elyse - If you want to get to know Elyse but have a limited amount of time, just watch the first 20 minutes of this finale. Elyse dozing while a top fashion expert drones on about runway shows, Elyse talking down to the judges about her opinions haven't changed that much and pretty people don't have to work that hard to become a top model, and Elyse happily accepting her elimination because lol duh. When Elyse delivered in an episode, man did she deliver.

2. Adrianne - I'm just so happy for her. Adrianne deserves the world. It's rare when someone wins a reality show I'm truly thrilled for them, but I just absolutely adored Adrianne. She's just so fun and what this show should be about it.

3. Shannon - Her best episode! I enjoyed Shannon in a post-Robin world. Unfortunately it was extremely short lived. She killed that runway though, so props to her there.

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 1 - Episode 9)

Cycle 1 - Overall Thoughts

I feel like the first seasons of reality shows are simultaneously overrated and underrated. The nostalgia of it all makes us look back on the season possibly more fondly than we should. However, I think they're underrated because people harp on how rough they are around the edges, but I totally believe that's part of the appeal. I love the documentary style aspects of old school reality television. I know reality television is never honest, but these early seasons at least feel more honest. I think this cycle put together a really well-rounded cast. While it's very top heavy, those main characters delivered great drama and entertainment throughout the season. The main storyline is obviously the battle between Robin's cult and the rest of the house. This is a storyline that managed to last the whole season without growing stale, thanks to the charisma of our leading players. The boot order also worked out well (intentionally) that those less involved in that drama left first. Losing Ebony early on was a tough pill to swallow, but it's not like the entertainment left with her.

cS1myAu.png

1. Elyse - I toyed for a second with not putting her first, but I was only kidding myself. Elyse was always gonna be number one. Once upon a time, Elyse was my all-time favorite contestant. I don't know if that's still the case (we'll have to see with the rewatch) but at the very least she's still in the conversation. I find Elyse just to be so relatable. I also watch this show specifically to make fun of it, but find myself getting invested in it all. I also feel like I'm ~above this show~ but all these years later still can't escape it. Elyse worked as a villain. She was uppity and condescending and her rant in the second episode is legendary of course. Elyse worked as a hero. Elyse was so righteous in her hatred of Robin and expressed herself in such an interesting and entertaining way. Whatever role Elyse was meant to fill each episode, she did it flawlessly.

2. Robin - As Derek said, ANTM is nothing without Robin. Though there's another villain coming next season who perfects the art, Robin wrote the blueprint. Robin created a cult the second she entered the house and then ran the house with an iron fist. Just by entering the room, she would drain the energy out of it. She left Ebony speechless as she sang over her screams. She reduced Elyse to tears on a multiple occasions with just a look. She left Adrianne ranting and swearing her ass off in the confessional because of how awful she was. That's who we want out of a villain. Someone who can bring the best out of our heroes. Do I agree with all of Robin's actions? Hell no. Does Robin age well for a more progressive Alex? Hell no. But Robin Is ANTM Cycle 1. Robin's battles with Elyse. Robin's shockingly amazing sense of humor. And Robin's iconic moment of refusing to pose nude.

3. Ebony - I originally had Adrianne higher just because Adrianne lasted the whole season, but my gut kept telling me that's wrong. I'm following my guy here and Ebony in her four episodes is just everything to me. She's such an important reality show character. A proud, queer Black woman openly being herself on reality television. Ebony gave us fantastic drama between her fights with Robin and Giselle. Ebony gave us iconic gifs that are still used today by young gays who don't even know the origin. Like I have said, this rewatch made me realize...9 times out of 10 Ebony is extremely righteous and was just a victim of racism and homophobic by the show, the judges, and the other girls. Ebony is a groundbreaking contestant and deserves this third place ranking. If she lasted, like, two more episodes, I might've even flirted with putting her first.

4. Adrianne - Adrianne was my biggest shock on rewatch. I haven't rewatched this full cycle in ages, and any clips I rewatched didn't really involve Adrianne. I remember liking Adrianne, and that's it. Adrianne is amazing in her own right though. I don't just love her because she won first and was on the right side of the house. Adrianne is an extremely compelling character. Adrianne was the ultimate hero of the show. Elyse was just a bit too condescending to be the hero. Adrianne spoke for the people and just blew me away. She was so funny and so openly herself. She defied the odds of who you think America's Next Top Model would be.

5. Giselle - I like Giselle. She brought the best out of the people around her. Her feud with Ebony is fun and I liked the running story of Giselle fishing for compliments. With a little more maturity, I definitely believe Giselle could've been a contender to win.

6. Kesse - Kesse has loads of potential, I just think she couldn't stand out amongst these big personalities. With a better edit, I think Kesse could've been the heart of the season. She was the social butterfly in awe of the entire experience who just blessed to be there to escape a bad home life. Unfortunately we only saw bits and pieces of that as the editors had more important characters to show.

7. Nicole - Nicole's elimination episode is hilarious so yeah...7th place it is!

8. Shannon - Honestly, I feel like Shannon should be 9th, but I'm putting her 8th just because she did last the whole season so putting her below Katie just feels wrong :dead:. Shannon was just lost in Robin's shadow though. Maybe without Robin's presence we could've seen the All-American sweetheart the show so desperately wanted to portray her as. However, instead we had Shannon as Robin's lackey. Sitting silently by as Robin shows Elyse condescending Bible verses. Hiding in her room reading the Bible because Ebony dared to bring her lesbian girlfriend to the house. Could you call it hypocritical that I'm praising Robin and hating on Shannon? Possibly. But I'm more okay with a villain when they're rightfully portrayed as the villain. What I'm less okay with is a villain being portrayed as a sweetheart. Why does Shannon get a break? (Hint: it's called white privilege). But like I said, she seemed fun that final episode though!

9. Katie - Just a victim of Tyra's woman hating ways lol. They dragged her onto the show because she was sexy and they wanted to knock her down a few notches and tell America that modeling isn't all about sex appeal. There was literally no reason to send her home second with her pictures.

10. Tessa - The perfect first boot. Maybe we missed out on an epic character, but I wasn't seeing it.

• Like 3

• Alex95 changed the title to Alex Rewatches ANTM (Cycle 1)

I've really been enjoying reading these! I think a lot of your thoughts echo mine, and I can at least see where you're coming from with the ones that don't. Like, I can absolutely respect Robin as great tv despite her being kind of a sh!t person. 

I'm excited to see cycle 2!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 5:18 PM, Gonzalo said:

I always thinked that Tyra Hated Elyse for be smarter that her, anyway she taken all the prices 🤣

Lol definitely, Tyra always hates the "intelligent" girls

On 5/30/2021 at 5:50 PM, rdhaley96 said:

I've really been enjoying reading these! I think a lot of your thoughts echo mine, and I can at least see where you're coming from with the ones that don't. Like, I can absolutely respect Robin as great tv despite her being kind of a sh!t person. 

I'm excited to see cycle 2!

Thanks! Glad you can at least understand where I'm coming from! I'm very excited for C2 too!

Cycle 2 - Episode 1 - The Girl Who Overslept

uzL5xcF.png

I genuinely have no idea how Anna got chosen. She's obviously pretty, but nothing about her screams model.

WU4y6Sr.png

April escaping her Fortune 500 life :wub:

6hh3YLZ.png

Modelesque Queen :wub:

UcPDERo.png

Camille promising to help the other girls out, she's gonna be the generous hero of the season :wub:

TzPHm9x.png

All Jenascia wants is some food, not to do a runway show :wub:

GcXcj2i.png

Jenascia helping April who put the wrong outfit on ❤️ (filed under: moments that will be very important)

X0SjkHW.png

"I'm not really a nice person, I'm not sure what's come over me" :dead:

RRPEKb7.png

April is REALLY beating herself up over her mistake (one of the most competitive girls ever on this show :wub:)

5zLaGUf.png

Xiomara calling Anna her mama even though Xiomara's older than Anna :dead:

YvCOJUs.png

Camille watching the girls steal toilet paper from Tavern on the Green :dead:

LzUZXn3.png

April promising to make sure everyone wakes up tomorrow (also filed under: moments that will be important)

1R10BTP.png

cK46Plw.png

Oop Jenascia slept in and April left without her 😮

Ntgm9dg.png

Y'all will see me complain about this man a lot throughout this rewatch.

xFyWy1i.png

Can't a camera guy just shake her :dead:

cW22F0S.png

"F*CKING BITCHES!!!!"

9sXMK7f.png

"I helped April at the first fashion show, she should be kissing the ground I walk on right now!"

nhh60Pe.png

Anna doesn't think it's ladylike to pose nude.

KUQ2PxZ.png

Tyra announcing that Nigel is a permanent judge :dead:

jroqTtK.png

"It's not religion, I'm just trying to be Christ-like 🙂"

I-...

dnADV64.png

"Look at my butt! I have a butt!"

7rhqS95.png

We say goodbye to Anna first. Like I said, never really saw the potential tbh.

X0QpJCN.png

And then there were 11...