E1IztryWYAg0HJc?format=jpg&name=small

Willie Spence - "Never Be Alone"

E1I0DS_XEAUuQaR?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Idol Maniac changed the title to AI19 Top 7 Contestants' Singles

In case anybody was interested, here is some background on those producers:

Tricky Stewart (Grace and Willie): Produced songs such as "Single Ladies (Beyonce)", "Umbrella (Rihanna)", "Obsessed (Mariah Carey)", and "Just Fine (Mary J Blige)".

Ian Fitchuk (Casey): Produced songs for Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris, Kris Allen, and Little Big Town

Redah & Ross Copperman  (Caleb and Chayce): Produced songs for Keith Urban, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton,  Gabby Barret, and Gwen Stefani

5 hours ago, blackfield said:

after checking those producers/songwriters everyone but casey has something in their respective lane. 

anticipating to hear arthur song as well. 

Why is Casey the only one who doesn’t have a producer or songwriter in her respective genre?

• Like 1

Will there be a way to get data on how many streams these tracks will get each day on Spotify and Apple Music? It could be telling on who is getting the most votes and has the best shot at winning.

• Like 1

OK. I'm excited for everyone just based on those WONDERFUL single artworks. WOW. 😮

Now where the hell was this promo in season 17??? lol

So excited for Casey and Arthur, but everyone has potential to be amazing. :wub:

• Like 1

loving the song titles, the artwork and the producers/songwriters. Casey getting the country producers/songwriters means that they see what i see in her, she has that Country vibe, some people say that Country is the new pop, and other's say that Country is the new rock. Rock has influenced Country music alot, Johny Cash knew how to rock it out and for all intentsive porposes Kid rock but most notabley Darius "Hootie" Rucker. Looks like they will market her as a country artist.

18 minutes ago, wgm said:

loving the song titles, the artwork and the producers/songwriters. Casey getting the country producers/songwriters means that they see what i see in her, she has that Country vibe, some people say that Country is the new pop, and other's say that Country is the new rock. Rock has influenced Country music alot, Johny Cash knew how to rock it out and for all intentsive porposes Kid rock but most notabley Darius "Hootie" Rucker. Looks like they will market her as a country artist.

Or a country-rock artist.  I didn’t know that Ian Fitchuck was country.  That might answer my earlier question.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

32 minutes ago, wgm said:

or that they don't know how to market her and just flipped a coin. that guy sound like good fit to hunter but not for what casey been trying to do. which brings me back to my initial assessment that she is not ready and still don't have any musical identity. 

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, wgm said:

Fitchuck has produced & cowritten songs for many popular country artists, but they are mainly country/country pop acts (not country rock). His credits include Kacey Musgraves, Maren Morris, Little Big Town, etc. I think her producer doesn't fit her style & Casey is one of my favorites.

Damn y'all haven't even heard the song and you are jumping from point A --> point Z 🥴. Also, producers can produce more than one genre. Since when is Kris Allen country unless I missed something? Not sure why a single produced by American Idol, which someone probably wouldn't hear after this week unless they went out of their way to listen to it, means her career is over before it started.

Last I checked, Chayce or Arthur aren't country yet he got a country producer. They are clearly working with what and who they have.

Edited by joe14
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joe14 said:

Both Grace and Willie have posted snippets on their Instagrams. They both sound generic idol singles yet sound decent. Nothing from the others.

Chayce

https://www.instagram.com/p/COys2T-hNlp/

Willie

https://www.instagram.com/p/COyZQ1WnX9-/

Grace

https://www.instagram.com/p/COyWliwnn6q/

Casey 

https://www.instagram.com/p/COyx0SmiKcS/

Edited by idol_angst

10 minutes ago, m1key said:

Not a fan of any of those tbh. They all sound generic and cheesy from the lyrics to the melody. Maybe hearing the full version will change my mind? 

Well, I agree, but they're winners singles so my expectations were below the ground lol. 

I like my faves' singles more than I thought I would and I guess that's all I can ask for.