TV Characters Rankdowns (One Tree Hill)

Steven_

40 minutes ago, NGM said:

i'm pro watching shows that go off the f*cking rails tbh. I think I name dropped it during the tv rankdown (or might have been the film one idr) but I would recommend to any living soul to watch the first season of Homeland, even if most of the other seasons (esp 3) don't warrant it in any way :haha:

havent watched the final season of Homeland yet, but I've enjoyed all the other seasons 🤷‍♂️

The Red Wedding is some of the best television in the history of television. I watched all of GoT in about three weeks. I couldn’t stop once I’d started because I became so invested in some of the characters and storylines. The last season isn’t fantastic but they had to end it somehow and I doubt the fans would’ve liked any ending. Please watch it!

I’ll have my rankings in this afternoon.

10 hours ago, .Rei said:

havent watched the final season of Homeland yet, but I've enjoyed all the other seasons 🤷‍♂️

i quit after S3 (imo it went off the rails hard) but catched up later. S4 is something of a return to form, but I didnt care about anything that went down after it

that said I'm really cutthroat with shows/movies bc i don't have a ton of spare time, so if at any point I start to not enjoy them/bored by them, it's bye bye and i won't look back most likely

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NGM said:

i quit after S3 (imo it went off the rails hard) but catched up later. S4 is something of a return to form, but I didnt care about anything that went down after it

that said I'm really cutthroat with shows/movies bc i don't have a ton of spare time, so if at any point I start to not enjoy them/bored by them, it's bye bye and i won't look back most likely

I'm totally the opposite, I feel like I have to finish any show that I start even when it starts sucking.. There are only three shows that I believe I've quit: The Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire and Deadwodd...

The first one because it was more inconsistent than Got in last two seasons and the other two cause I got too bored. 

He hasn’t really been online lately since he said he didn’t feel great. He’s posted in the AI mini rankdown thread so maybe all his energy went in to that. I hope it isn’t anything serious. :(

10. RAMSAY BOLTON

tenor.gif?itemid=5915521

original.gif

REI: 4
SOLA: 7 

DEREK: 8

ZOEY: 8 

ALEX: 9

NICO: 9

DIANA: 10

QK: 10

REI

A heartless villain that I know is probably not everybody’s cup of tea but I just love this downright evil character.

SOLA

I hate Ramsay, and by hate I mean everyone lived to see him get his just desserts.  No one thought a bigger villain then Joffrey could emerge, and yet one did. Wouldn’t have been my pick for the Top 10, but happy to see villains represented.

DEREK

Hmmm so unfortunately I don't really think this character is very complex at all. But he's ruthless and consistent and a lot of times makes for entertaining television. But I do wish they did more with him and Roose to add some more depth to the character rather than just pure evil. Actor is great.

ZOEY

tumblr_inline_owbbmkCYbf1tn5py3_540.gif

He makes my skin crawl.

ALEX

He's a solid second-rate villain on the show. Easily one of the most horrifying and despicable characters on the show. I would've much preferred Joffrey to be here, who pretty much does his shtick but a million times better. I kinda like that we got just a no-complexity piece of shit in the endgame though.

NICO

He's a pretty straight-forward love to hate villain, and while that's not a bad thing, it's not like there is that much depth to the character beyond that. He was a shitty human being, did truly awful things, and got a really beautiful, poetic justice death at the hands of the Starks. But there isn't anything beyond that so yeah, no idea why this is here.

9. DAENERYS TARGARYEN

giphy.gif

dany-fly-dragon.gif

DIANA: 1

QK: 3 

DEREK: 7 

ALEX: 8

NICO: 10 

REI: 10

SOLA: 10 

ZOEY: 10

DEREK

Season 1 horse heart. Season 1 finale. Season 3 episode 4. Dany has had some of the best moments in the entire show. But wow sometimes the stuff in between was not fun. The whole season 2 thing, her treks in the desert, her whining in the cities.... Dany definitely does a lot of talk and mulling things over before finally taking action. Maybe that is part of why Season 8 makes sense on paper. The progression until her dramatic decisions at the end of the series was ALWAYS where this series was going to end. But the journey actually getting there was so bumpy at times and in the end so rushed that it felt unearned. Anyway she's iconic but not my fave.

ALEX

I was never a huuuuuge Dany stan throughout the series. Tbh I kinda became a big of a Dany defender by the end of the series because of how done DIRTY she was by the writers. While I'm not opposed to Dany having a downfall arc, it was just done so sloppily.

NICO

Legitimately only here bc I think Emilia Clarke is a pretty mediocre actress (same goes for Kit Harington), so yeah having so much of the second half of the show's run squarely on their backs wasn't really a good thing for the show. Daenerys (excluding the last 2 seasons) has everything a character could want: development, struggles, showstopping moments that are really among the show's best. I just wish the person that had all that could deliver a lot more than Emilia gave us.

REI

Unpopular opinion but I was never a huge fan of Daenerys, it was always the character that I was the least excited to watch, even since the beginning. And let’s not even begin on what the writers did to her in the last season.

SOLA

Would probably be in the Top 5 if certain people didn’t suck. I hope she doesn’t win for that fact alone, not that I thought she would.  People were surprised by her heel turn in the last 2 episodes of the show.  I was not, nor should anyone who was a true fan of the show.  They laid hints out season after season letting you know that once her advisors were gone, she would have nothing left but madness.  The producers probably could have used a couple more seasons to flesh it out better, and I can agree to that.

ZOEY

2a4a4342d05d61ae91cd623e8075c0c1.gif

She’d be higher if they didn’t ruin her character. She was f*cking incredible at one point.

14 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Both were in the bottom half of my vote. Daenerys had so much promise!

Love Daeny, they just needed her descent to start sooner then the last couple of episodes so people had time to adjust. 

8. BRIENNE OF TARTH

a8c3ef4f92d3efbd59c1e39085a529e5c62f38c4.gifv

1e3444c5ff81c6d8de1d24e7d0aa492c252ef170.gifv

SOLA: 5 

DEREK: 6

QK: 6 

ZOEY: 6 

ALEX: 7

NICO: 7

DIANA: 8 

REI: 8

SOLA

Theres something amazing about Briennes character that Gwendoline Christie brings to life.  Shes strong, yet she is endearing.  She gets an entire story arc and it ties up nicely in the end.  Her being knighted is one of the most heartwarming moments of the series.

DEREK

Everyone loves Brienne. Amazing casting choice too. They found great ways to use her character over the years, and I wonder if that was always the plan or if they got creative lol. Cuz in the books she's in a predicament and I'm not sure where it's going and the guy stopped writing the books oops oh well. He is never finishing the books and I'm at peace with that. Books 4 and 5 were terrible anyway.

ZOEY

99Yb.gif

I liked Brienne but found her to be pretty pathetic at times. They made her too nice.

ALEX

Brienne isn't the kind of character I usually stan, but I have a major soft spot for her. First of all, anyone loyal to Renly and Catelyn is a woman after my heart. And her fight with The Hound is definitely one of my favorites battles on the show. I feel like we should've gotten more Brienne content and I feel a bit robbed, but I still love her.

NICO

What a gorgeous character. Legitimately we were so close to having a perfect arc for her till the last season, f*ck this damn show. But that doesn't take away from how incredible her journey is. A lot of discourse happened around the varied portrayals of feminism in the show, and Brienne is a great example of it, she works even better bc she forged her own path in a world that refused to accept her for who she was, but she carried on and persevered, and the show was so much better for it.

REI

Love Brienne, and one of the few characters that the show did right from begginning to end.

7. CATELYN STARK

giphy.gif

tumblr_m0t96hMk5p1qdwjt6o1_500.gif&ehk=eYeh3UIc1Ly85Y5QumegO6SxqhOnLQv1tu0r2mSNobY=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

ZOEY: 1 

ALEX: 2

NICO: 6

SOLA: 6

DIANA: 7

QK: 7 

REI: 7

DEREK: 10

ZOEY

tenor.gif?itemid=14523307

Catelyn really is that b*tch. The Red Wedding scene is still my favourite of the franchise. They lost two amazing characters in that one scene.

ALEX

Catelyn dying in the third season, thus not having her character butchered by the writers >>>>>>>. The first time I watched the show I wasn't crazy about Catelyn, but I really fell in love with her on my rewatch. She's just so fiercely loyal to her family and I respect that about her. Of course she's not without her flaws, but that's what makes her interesting. The Red Wedding is such an iconic episode, and Michelle Fairley's amazing performance is a large reason why.

NICO

By FAR, the most improved character when translating it from the source material. Michelle Fairley truly did phenomenal work making Catelyn equal parts cold and warm, in a way that felt completely true to the character's story and motives. She is also one of the most shrewd players in the game of thrones, and I legit felt for her having to deal with so many dumb people in her life. In a world where her allies & son aren't complete and utter fools, her strategic might could have won the war a lot faster.

SOLA

Congrats Zoey, you got her here.  Not one of my favorites but I can respect her fervor and dedication to her family.

REI

The Red Wedding will always be iconic and Catelyn served us in that episode.

DEREK

Catelyn is in the hall of fame for some of the dumbest decisions on this show. I'm actually very surprised to see her here in the finals over the likes of Davos, Tywin, Ned, Margaery, The Hound, so so so many others. Michelle is obviously a goddess but Catelyn was dumb in the show. BUT LET ME SAY THIS: the epilogue of the third book is one of the greatest things I have read in my lifetime and my number 1 peeve with the TV show is that they never did that in the show. Raise your hand if you know what I'm talking about. The Beric/Catelyn connection had INSANE potential and IMO is an extremely super duper duper important part of the series and the fact that it was thrown out for being too "fantastical" or whatever by the show writers is one of their biggest mistakes. And that is significant considering all the mistakes the ended up making toward the end.

• Like 1

Catelyn. :wub:

She was portrayed amazingly by Michelle. I absolutely adored her portrayal from start to finish and I’m glad she wasn’t sent down the Daenerys path and ended her time with something meaningful.

Has anyone watched Gangs of London? Michelle is INCREDIBLE in it. If you thought Catelyn was loyal in GoT then you need to watch her in GoL.

I was completely fine with the show throwing that Catelyn story to the wayside since it has had zero payoff in the books and my guess is that it will have zero payoff (this was my guess all along before the show even started). If I have to choose between this show doing it halfway (aka Dorne) or not doing it at all, the choice is beyond easy.