The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

On 8/28/2021 at 6:20 AM, Misirlou said:

What intrigues me is that Blake tends to keep his groups when he gets them, but not this time around. And they´re way more his type of artists than Peedy.

I think after WTW, a trio failure to get past PO on S19, Blake learned his lesson not to bring Trio in live shows.

BATTLES

Wyatt Micheal was amazing and reminded the source of Frank Sinatra. They were sad that he didn't get saved. 

K: Girl Named Tom vs. Kinsey Rose - Seven Bridges Road (Dolly Parton) - Kinsey stolen by John, Ariana, and Blake. Kinsey saved by Kelly. Kinsey chose KELLY.

-Both GNT and Kinsey were both amazing.

-Ariana hit her steal button late - right when Kinsey was about to choose. 

B: Peedy Chavis vs. The Joy Reunion - Joy to the World (Three Dog Night)

-One or more of the other coaches said TJR was amazing and they would choose them because they could do well with any song. 

-The source commented that Peedy's voice is not country-sounding like many on here seem to think. 

-Blake chose Peedy because of his charisma. 

B: LiBianca vs. Tommy Edwards - Save Your Tears (The Weeknd ft. Ariana Grande)

-The source felt like the song didn't allow any of them to soar. 

B: Wendy Moten vs. Manny Keith - TBA (Sting) - Manny stolen by ARIANA.

-The source said Manny was very deserving of the steal and that he held his own against Wendy, who apparently went crazy (vocally.) 

KNOCKOUTS

K: Gymani vs. Kinsey Rose

-Gymani exhibited great stage presence.

-Gymani's song choice wasn't the best fit for her, but she still managed to deliver amazing vocals.

-Source preferred Gymani to Kinsey, who they expected more from. 

-Kelly was sad to see Kinsey go. 

K: Girl Named Tom vs. Holly Forbes - Holly STOLEN by Ariana and John. Holly picks ARIANA.

-Source preferred Holly and said she was insane.

-They said GNT was good, just not their style of preference. 

-They described the entire Knockout pairing as legendary.

-It was apparently the last Knockout of the taping.

J: Samuel Harness vs. Brittany Bree - Brittany STOLEN by Ariana and Kelly. Brittany picks KELLY.

-Blake joked that Samuel’s voice was so raspy due to smoking. 

-The source said both Samuel and Brittany were very good. 

-John took a long time to decide and was very happy to see Brittany get stolen. 

A: Raquel Trinidad (Valerie - Amy Winehouse version) vs. TBA (Female)

-The source loved Raquel's raspy voice (they called it "iconic") and version of "Valerie."

-They preferred Raquel to her partner. 

Wendy Moten crushed it and apparently had the "perfect" song choice.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 16

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

-Gymani's song choice wasn't the best fit for her, but she still managed to deliver amazing vocals.

Period !

The source loved Raquel's raspy voice (they called it "iconic") and version of "Valerie."

🤩🤩🤩

The source commented that Peedy's voice is not country-sounding like many on here seem to think. 

L O L 

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

BATTLES

Wyatt Micheal was amazing and reminded the source of Frank Sinatra. They were sad that he didn't get saved. 

K: Girl Named Tom vs. Kinsey Rose - Seven Bridges Road (Dolly Parton) - Kinsey stolen by John, Ariana, and Blake. Kinsey saved by Kelly. Kinsey chose KELLY.

-One or more of the other coaches said TJR was amazing and they would choose them because they could do well with any song. 

-The source commented that Peedy's voice is not country-sounding like many on here seem to think. 

-The source said Manny was very deserving of the steal and that he held his own against Wendy, who apparently went crazy (vocally.) 

KNOCKOUTS

K: Girl Named Tom vs. Holly Forbes - Holly STOLEN by Ariana and John. Holly picks ARIANA.

J: Samuel Harness vs. Brittany Bree - Brittany STOLEN by Ariana and Kelly. Brittany picks KELLY.

-The source loved Raquel's raspy voice (they called it "iconic") and version of "Valerie."

Thanks. If Wendy had the perfect song choice, how come we don’t know what it is, or even the genre? :P

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Definitely the elimination that has hurt the most this season for me. Sucks he didn´t stick around, but with Holly´s pimping, they´re not gonna montage her at any point, so we´ll get to hear that battle at least.

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I´m expecting an acapella intro. Great song choice, and like I told you, it seems like Kinsey sadly screwed herself over by picking the person that threw her against a strong trio in the first place.

Very interesting song choice. Not what I would have expected, but I´m looking forward to it. And yes, Peedy is not country, he can sing country, but he´s more in the folk/soft rock vein. And charisma is something that goes a long way on the show.

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Samuel bringing the rasp, I see. Love it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

BATTLES

KNOCKOUTS

I love the positive feedback! I was looking forward to many of these performances, now even more so. 🙂

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I think they said they got confused with Brittany iirc. I’ll just leave it as unconfirmed for now. 

Ahhh yes this is probably the case. Brittany could’ve sang the gospel song while Wendy do A change is Gonna come 

• Like 1

Just now, VoiceFan! said:

So Kelly basically has 5 4-chair turns (Kinsey). Im shocked she didn’t pick Blake im rly shocked…

I’m honestly glad she didn’t, especially if the spot for Wendy’s partner was reserved for his battle steal. 😬

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I’m honestly glad she didn’t, especially if the spot for Wendy’s partner was reserved for his battle steal. 😬

I mean, she still got sent home by a powerhouse, so it was the same fate given that she stayed with Kelly. She should have gone with John, maybe he would have given her a Bailey style treatment.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

She should have gone with John, maybe he would have given her a Bailey style treatment.

:yes:, but I see why she didn’t. She probably wanted to stay with someone in her wheelhouse and felt comfortable with Kelly.

22 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

BATTLES

No wonder Kinsey was not stolen in the Knockouts if she rejected all 3 other coaches’ attempted steals during Battles.😏

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Thanks for the new info. 

I think TPTB wants GNT to be Kelly’s frontrunner. I mean they were the only act that were in the first taping in ALL rounds and since they’re opponents also moved on got double or more steals/saves, it would be much easier to push for them.

With the two new confirmed song choices for battles, apparently we´re on a streak on songs that have (I think) never been sung before on the show, at least the Dolly version of "Seven Bridges Road" never has been tackled before, only the Eagles one. And "Joy to the World" by TDN has also never been performed.