The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I've also noticed that the Idol contestants generally seem to have way more people on their lives.

Riiight! Grace literally had like over 500 people. Don’t get me started on Willie 🤣 but yeah I’m hoping Ari can bring some of that to the voice next season.

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I wonder if Ari would make the voice as social as idol? Because I’ve realized that on ig the contestants are definitely growing socially wayy more than the voice contestants. And they get verified much quicker. Is it because of the presence of Katy? Or because of how long the shows been on?

I don't think instagram followers mean that much, to some extent. 50K and 60K aren't that different, I'd think, and neither are 10K and 14K. I'll be honest, I'll follow some contestants post-show and then not follow some of the stuff they post. I suspect a lot of people are like that, considering the number of people that like some of the previous contestants' posts compared to the number of followers. Stuff like spotify streams are probably more indicative, but even that's probably not that great.

4 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I wonder if Ari would make the voice as social as idol? Because I’ve realized that on ig the contestants are definitely growing socially wayy more than the voice contestants. And they get verified much quicker. Is it because of the presence of Katy? Or because of how long the shows been on?

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I've also noticed that the Idol contestants generally seem to have way more people on their lives.

That’s what happens when the contestants are actually the focus of the show and not the coaches. I like The Voice a lot more, specially nowadays because Idol’s recent seasons have been really bad, but in this regard Idol >>>>>> The Voice.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That’s what happens when the contestants are actually the focus of the show and not the coaches. I like The Voice a lot more, specially nowadays because Idol’s recent seasons have been really bad, but in this regard Idol >>>>>> The Voice.

So true!!!

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I noticed that when I was watching some of the YT clips. Yes, sometimes they'll pan over to Katy with her off-beat snaps or lip-syncing (it's ok, we still stan), but most of the time, the camera is focusing on the contestant. That in itself is a testament to how much more they value the contestants there. On The Voice, they'll constantly show the judges faces (sorry, but I don't care to see Blake raise his left eyebrow or Nick jot down something in his notebook) and reactions to contestants. It can be nice sometimes, like w Kelly's super excited reactions, but sometimes it just takes away from the performance, especially ones that are more intimate like Cam's Say Something - we didn't need to see John turning his head 5º to the left or right every fifteen seconds.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Less people means that The Voice contestants can pay more attention to us :haha:

In a way, I am serious (though I would love for them to have more followers and fans!) cause I can actually interact w some of my favorites. I had a great discussion with Gihanna about something she posted on her story and talked minimally with Carolina as well! It's cool to talk to some of the contestants, and that wouldn't be possible if there are thousands of people pouring into their DMs lmao

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I had a great discussion with Gihanna about something she posted on her story

RIGHT?! I really love interacting with her on instagram, she's just so mature and enjoyable to talk to ❤️  (that and she's so funny :haha:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Less people means that The Voice contestants can pay more attention to us :haha:

It's true though. The discussions that I have had with some of the Voice contestants this season are priceless. I still have had some nice interactions with the Idol ones (namely Grace and Jason), but nothing on the level of the Voice contestants.

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Like Grace literally started off idol with a little over 16K now she is almost at 100k with 98.9K. Like ?? Imagine if the voice did contestants like this 

Same reaction LMAO. The Idol contestants' following are INSANEE. Although some of them had pre-show fans already, but for someone like Grace and then Willie? yeah, mindblowing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Same reaction LMAO. The Idol contestants' following are INSANEE. Although some of them had pre-show fans already, but for someone like Grace and then Willie? yeah, mindblowing

Riiight. Idk if it’s Katy or just idol as a show or if it’s because they’re contestants are all within this generation? Idk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

RIGHT?! I really love interacting with her on instagram, she's just so mature and enjoyable to talk to ❤️  (that and she's so funny :haha:)

Yes!! She's so mature honestly I'm shocked lmao. And her use of emojis in the first message she sent me was so funny LMAO, her story's always entertaining to see too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Cam's Say Something - we didn't need to see John turning his head 5º to the left or right every fifteen seconds.

Right? That really took away from the performance imo. It was supposed to be super emotional (and it still was) but it would've been better had CammWess been on the screen for at least 90% of the performance.

13 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

On The Voice, they'll constantly show the judges faces (sorry, but I don't care to see Blake raise his left eyebrow or Nick jot down something in his notebook) and reactions to contestants. It can be nice sometimes, like w Kelly's super excited reactions, but sometimes it just takes away from the performance, especially ones that are more intimate like Cam's Say Something

Perfect example: Jenzie Wheels' blind audition in S20. 🙃

Edited by disney1024

7 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Ikr, they just salty that its besting The Voice's cast this season. 

Well I’m speaking for myself, I’m not bashing it because I love idol. But I do disagree with you because the voices cast is always better 🌚 but hey this isn’t the thread for that argument lol

• Like 1