The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

15 minutes ago, Voicelover222 said:

Yup, now they are also bringing in different types of contestants. Whole package facelift. I dunno, it’s all just speculation but that’s what we do here I guess. 🤗

A few more groups than usual does not qualify as a whole package facelift. LMAO 

• Haha 1

What I initially expected this season: A bunch of teenage pop singers occupying the majority of the space, all going to Ariana, and her having more success with getting people that she has currently had.

What we´ve got so far instead: A big number of groups (including three trios), a more seasoned cast that´s clearly not Ariana material, including someone who started her career before any of the coaches on the team of the coach that just won last season, a fiddle player, and Ariana struggling big time to obtain contestants, including wasting her block and losing someone who sang her song.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

What I initially expected this season: A bunch of teenage pop singers occupying the majority of the space, all going to Ariana, and her having more success with getting people that she has currently had.

What we´ve got so far instead: A big number of groups (including three trios), a more seasoned cast that´s clearly not Ariana material, including someone who started her career before any of the coaches on the team of the coach that just won last season, a fiddle player, and Ariana struggling big time to obtain contestants, including wasting her block and losing someone who sang her song.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

And a few more AA divas than usual, including one with a resume longer than all of the other contestants combined (maybe a stretch, maybe not). And they seem to be open to choosing any of the three coaches not named Ariana. 

My only thing about groups is if someone’s opposed to them, there needs to be a reason why beyond “it’s THE VOICE not THE VOICES” - groups have been included since season 1 of the show, so it’s not like they’re a new thing that came out of nowhere.

Personally, I’m not crazy about groups on the show, but if they turn a chair then all the more power to them.

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

And a few more AA divas than usual, including one with a resume longer than all of the other contestants combined (maybe a stretch, maybe not). And they seem to be open to choosing any of the three coaches not named Ariana. 

And they likely tried to have Gymani choose her by singing her song, but apparently it backfired. That probably was TPTB´s idea for her frontrunner. We´ll see if she has a ringer out of the people we don´t know though. She could have one.

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

And they likely tried to have Gymani choose her by singing her song, but apparently it backfired. That probably was TPTB´s idea for her frontrunner. We´ll see if she has a ringer out of the people we don´t know though. She could have one.

I can’t recall who it was (maybe Jeffery Austin?) but it was said that they do try to encourage contestants to keep an open mind, and often even suggest a coach. They also said they isn’t a requirement to follow their advice, but I would imagine they have an easier time on the show when they cooperate. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

I can’t recall who it was (maybe Jeffery Austin?) but it was said that they do try to encourage contestants to keep an open mind, and often even suggest a coach. They also said they isn’t a requirement to follow their advice, but I would imagine they have an easier time on the show when they cooperate. 

Yeah, I think I´ve heard that before. Some of the most left field coach picks have probably been a result of them following that advice. Of course others just ignore it and go to the coach they wanted initially or the one whose pitch they liked better. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Given Jeffrey had spilled quite a bit of tea about the behind the scenes on the show since his time on it, I’m going to assume it’s him until proven otherwise.

I wonder what examples we have (and don’t know about) of contestants that followed that tip over the years, and who might fit that bill this year.

8 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Given Jeffrey had spilled quite a bit of tea about the behind the scenes on the show since his time on it, I’m going to assume it’s him until proven otherwise.

I wonder what examples we have (and don’t know about) of contestants that followed that tip over the years, and who might fit that bill this year.

-Well, Kelly went all over social media the day before blinds tapings for S15, and talked about wanting to work with a female country singer. Next thing we know, Chevel shocked even her own family by choosing her over Blake. It’s possible that Chevel may have been influenced by Kelly’s social media posting about female country singers.

-Alisan Porter - Her farewell season, and you know damn well they wanted her to get a win. 

-Maelyn? It’s a Legendary season, y’all!

It probably happens all the time, but those stick out to me as either surprising or convenient choices. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

-Well, Kelly went all over social media the day before blinds tapings for S15, and talked about wanting to work with a female country singer. Next thing we know, Chevel shocked even her own family by choosing her over Blake. It’s possible that Chevel may have been influenced by Kelly’s social media posting about female country singers.

-Alisan Porter - Her farewell season, and you know damn well they wanted her to get a win. 

-Maelyn? It’s a Legendary season, y’all!

It probably happens all the time, but those stick out to me as either surprising or convenient choices. 

This two particularly stick out. They were a product of TPTB wanting those specific coaches to get a win. While it´s not like TPTB put a gun to their head to choose them, they probably had some suggestions backstage. 

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

A lot of people don’t like duos and groups on the show, and I’m one of them. Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

One of the problems is that sometimes, one member is clearly better than the other(s), which has definitely happened with the last 2 trios (and the last duo to an extent)

And the division is often based on equity more than efficiency, which causes them to struggle 

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I wonder if they tried to get Wendy to pick Ari. :P She is most definitely a ringer. If someone like that expresses interest in being a contestant, skip the bullshit and sign them up before they change their mind. 

Her back story is certainly interesting. For an artist of her calibre and experience I doubt they would make her go through the usual screening procedures. Is Wendy the 2nd oldest contestant to get a blind audition? The oldest was a 56 yo dude in S10 or S11 I can't remember. Wendy is 55. 

1 minute ago, gingerbread said:

Her back story is certainly interesting. For an artist of her calibre and experience I doubt they would make her go through the usual screening procedures. Is Wendy the 2nd oldest contestant to get a blind audition? The oldest was a 56 yo dude in S10 or S11 I can't remember. Wendy is 55. 

A season or two ago there was a 68-year old no chair but I feel like there was a 70-year old who auditioned at some point? I'm probably wrong.

I do think Dan remains the oldest chair turner.

5 hours ago, Voicelover222 said:

The show is in need of some new life. I think they are looking to spice it up a little. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s got my attention🙌🏻

I agree! I think they are trying to change things up. They have had duos and some trios on the show before but to have 3trios & 1 duo on a team hasn’t happen before. And for all we know there could be more duos/trios that aren’t confirmed yet. I won’t be surprised! 
I am excited to see how this season goes!

6 hours ago, Daillon said:

Just a hunch, but I’m expecting at least one duo/trio to do well. Not necessarily winning, but making it decently far (Swons, Hello Sunday…)

I think you are right. As of right now my guess is it will be The Joy Reunion. They are seasoned musicians, country genre, and are on Blake’s team. 

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Given how unpopular groups are with a significant portion of the audience, I don’t understand why they are tripling down on them this season. 

I don’t think duos & trios are that unpopular (maybe on here 😆), the Voice just hasn’t  had a lot on the show before. On The Voice Global they are more common and a trio has won before. 
I personally think they are trying to change things up before they go to one season a year. 

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I thought that’s why they brought in Ariana. 

My guess is they brought her in because she has 253M Instagram followers (that is 10times more then the three other coaches combine, Blake 4.6M, Kelly 5.2M, John 13.8  😆). Which will equal more viewers of the show. It has been reported that they’re paying her over 25 million to be on the show. The other coaches are reported to get $12M-$16M. They wouldn’t pay her double if she didn’t have something more to bring them. 

The Voice hasn’t won many awards since 2017 and I think they are trying to change that by changing things up.

Bringing on more duo/trios and the third most-followed individual on Instagram is going to definitely change things up. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-voice-judges-ariana-grande-adam-levine-pay.html/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_The_Voice_(American_TV_series)

Edited by musictothesoul
  • Like 1

Not to jinx it, but I really hope these battle tapings don't get delayed three times again like last season. Given how weak last season was in terms of battles, that may have been a contributing factor.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, musictothesoul said:

I agree! I think they are trying to change things up. They have had duos and some trios on the show before but to have 3trios & 1 duo on a team hasn’t happen before. And for all we know there could be more duos/trios that aren’t confirmed yet. I won’t be surprised! 
I am excited to see how this season goes!

I think you are right. As of right now my guess is it will be The Joy Reunion. They are seasoned musicians, country genre, and are on Blake’s team. 

I don’t think duos & trios are that unpopular (maybe on here 😆), the Voice just hasn’t  had a lot on the show before. On The Voice Global they are more common and a trio has won before. 
I personally think they are trying to change things up before they go to one season a year. 

My guess is they brought her in because she has 253M Instagram followers (that is 10times more then the three other coaches combine, Blake 4.6M, Kelly 5.2M, John 13.8  😆). Which will equal more viewers of the show. It has been reported that they’re paying her over 25 million to be on the show. The other coaches are reported to get $12M-$16M. They wouldn’t pay her double if she didn’t have something more to bring them. 

The Voice hasn’t won many awards since 2017 and I think they are trying to change that by changing things up.

Bringing on more duo/trios and the third most-followed individual on Instagram is going to definitely change things up. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-voice-judges-ariana-grande-adam-levine-pay.html/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_The_Voice_(American_TV_series)

Ok, your opinion is that bringing on Ariana and more groups will significantly boost ratings (you didn’t say “significantly,” but that was the implication) and enable the show to win more awards. It is noted, and we shall see. The first few episodes of blinds could see a bump in numbers, but I have to see it first to believe it. The median age of the viewership of the show (60+) probably doesn’t use Instagram. Miley also has many times more followers than the other coaches combined, and she did not boost ratings. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Let's see if they have better song choices for battles this time around or if they go as bizarre as last season with them.

Also, I already predict that while Blake is gonna hold on to his steal for later as he always does, he's gonna save the loser of his first battle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Let's see if they have better song choices for battles this time around or if they go as bizarre as last season with them.

At least some of the head-scratcher choices from last season ended up working out (pov, Your Song, and 10,000 Hours).

Do we know if saves are confirmed or is there a chance we'll get two steals back?

17 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

At least some of the head-scratcher choices from last season ended up working out (pov, Your Song, and 10,000 Hours).

Do we know if saves are confirmed or is there a chance we'll get two steals back?

I don´t think we know, honestly, but now that we have 48 contestants and there´s no need for the 4 way KO, I´d much rather have 2 steals back, mainly because the saved contestants in the battles are pretty much fodder in the KOs (As proven by S17).

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don´t think we know, honestly, but now that we have 48 contestants and there´s no need for the 4 way KO, I´d much rather have 2 steals back, mainly because the saved contestants in the battles are pretty much fodder in the KOs (As proven by S17).

If I had the choice between a save and steal in battles, I would jump ship, knowing that coaches sacrifice their Battle saves in Knockouts. Battle steals at least have a fresh start on a new team, and some battle steals have done well (not to mention that some also get stolen back by their original coach anyway)

• Like 2