The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyone know whether they’re allowed to leave the hotel when they aren’t filming, rehearsing, etc? 

I think they are. Girl Named Tom went to Denny’s and Shadale was seen in a shopping center near the hotel. 

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

If only we knew whether she’s a contestant. 

Anyone know whether they’re allowed to leave the hotel when they aren’t filming, rehearsing, etc? 

They are allowed to leave. Check out Hailey Green’s Instagram highlight story from when she was on last time. 

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxpZ2h0OjE3ODcxNzY1MTM0MDg3Mzcw?story_media_id=2454838277946351984&utm_medium=copy_link

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know, but I can already picture S1 making him a fan thread. 

Considering S1 is the originator for the last two winners’ fan threads, we all might want to pay a little extra attention to any that they create for this season…

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Considering S1 is the originator for the last two winners’ fan threads, we all might want to pay a little extra attention to any that they create for this season…

Hoot too. 

She actually didn’t create Cam’s. She just took it over when the original OP didn’t keep it up to date. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Between the two, I’d expect TJR to make it further if both make the lives since they’re country but them being a trio gives me pause.

It will depend on how they perform. If they pull a Bundys or WTW, the fact that they´re country won´t help them. But if they deliver, they could get some support. They are definitely right up Minivan´s alley stylistically, down to their instrumental skills ,genre, and overall presentation. Even their blind audition song choice is bound to connect with them.

But, yeah, like I said, they are going to have to fight for it.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She tends to pick potential minivan favorites that aren’t popular with IDF. 

That definitely helps, but of the two she’s running so far I wouldn’t call Wyatt a potential audience favorite (crooners tend to struggle on the show) and The Joy Reunion being on the same team as Wendy makes me hesitate before we even get to the whole “it’s THE VOICE, not THE VOICES” snottiness some people will put out.

As for Wyatt, yeah, crooners don´t tend to get love from the audience, but we´ll see. He´s definitely more polished and experienced that the ones we´ve had in the past (Lowell, Riley, Austin, Preston), so there´s that. It will come down to him delivering on that stage.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

That definitely helps, but of the two she’s running so far I wouldn’t call Wyatt a potential audience favorite (crooners tend to struggle on the show) and The Joy Reunion being on the same team as Wendy makes me hesitate before we even get to the whole “it’s THE VOICE, not THE VOICES” snottiness some people will put out.

A lot of people don’t like duos and groups on the show, and I’m one of them. Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

A lot of people don’t like duos and groups on the show, and I’m one of them. Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

Ngl Agreed….I’ve never fancied em 

Battles against groups really depend on what their coach wants. If they want the soloist to move on, they´ll make the duo/trio sing individually more than harmonize (See Kymberli vs One Up on S15). 

Edited by Misirlou

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Given how unpopular groups are with a significant portion of the audience, I don’t understand why they are tripling down on them this season. 

The show is in need of some new life. I think they are looking to spice it up a little. 🤷🏼‍♀️ It’s got my attention🙌🏻

39 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Particularly in the battle rounds, it’s totally unfair to a soloist having to compete with harmonies. 

Not really. Harmonies can go wrong easily. All it takes is one member to bring down the whole ship. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Not really. Harmonies can go wrong easily. All it takes is one member to bring down the whole ship. 

Agree, I believe the soloists actually have an advantage in battles because all they have to worry about is themselves. Groups have to rely on each other controlling their nerves etc… 

24 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Just a hunch, but I’m expecting at least one duo/trio to do well. Not necessarily winning, but making it decently far (Swons, Hello Sunday…)

Yeah, same feeling. One's probably gonna make it far, but I doubt that one will win.

17 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Battles against groups really depend on what their coach wants. If they want the soloist to move on, they´ll make the duo/trio sing individually more than harmonize (See Kymberli vs One Up on S15). 

To be fair, Dane & Stephanie had some great harmonies, but Marybeth was really really good on that song, so I guess John didn't need to weaken the duo.

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Worth The Wait showed this at some points

14 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Harmonies are usually fine in the taped rounds. We are just going to have to agree to disagree.