AI19 # Of Finalists & Finals Format

Idol Maniac

• 4 weeks later...
  • Idol Maniac changed the title to AI19 # Of Finalists & Finals Format

Im honestly not that mad about this. I dont think anybody outside of IDF and Reddit wants an extended finals format with one elimination each episode. Casual Voters and the GP will likely find longer/drawn out seasons harder to stick with and pay attention to. I think this is a good format that isnt too short or too long. 

Edited by m1key

1 minute ago, m1key said:

Im honestly not that mad about this. I dont think anybody outside of IDF and Reddit wants an extended finals format with one elimination each episode. Casual Voters and the GP likely find longer/drawn out seasons harder to stick with and pay attention to. I think this is a good format that isnt too short or too long. 

I’m not mad because Idol won’t be on the same time as the Voice now. 

I've a shorter attention span nowadays so I've never had a problem with shorter seasons. I don't need weeks worth of performances from people like Caleb, Chayce, and Hunter lol. Some of these contestants literally give you the same performance every week. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I've a shorter attention span nowadays so I've never had a problem with shorter seasons. I don't need weeks worth of performances from people like Caleb, Chayce, and Hunter lol. Some of these contestants literally give you the same performance every week. 

I have a theory that the audience  needs to hear a singer between 6 and 10 times to bond with them. Any fewer and there’s the chance the performances are flukes, any more and every performance starts to sound the same.

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

I have a theory that the audience  needs to hear a singer between 6 and 10 times to bond with them. Any fewer and there’s the chance the performances are flukes, any more and every performance starts to sound the same.

Yeah I also feel like people have already picked their favorites. In addition, new-idol has really put a focus on artistry and knowing who you are. As a result, contestants stay in their lane and don't really veer outside of their comfort zone. Although this helps with creating a musical identity and lends itself to establishing a pov for a post-idol career, it doesn't really make for a compelling show. If the season was any longer, some of them would be exposed as one-trick ponies. During old-idol, there were themes, and you can count on contestants like Haley, Candice Glover etc. reinventing themselves every week which kept the show fresh and exciting. These singers had the versatility to pull it off though. Casey Bishop is the only one that strikes me as having such versatility.  I think it would be bad news for a lot of these new contestants if these seasons were any longer.