The Amazing Race Rankdown (WINNER REVEALED ON PAGE 87!)

*Amanda

Joey "Fitness" & Danny

joeylasalla_dannyhoral_1210w.jpg

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda liked Joey “Fitness” & Danny for some reason. Yes they’re extremely simple, but they seemed nice enough (except when one of them was bitching about “a girl” beating them when they lost the fast forward battle to Rachel & Dave). They kinda make me feel at home. Trashy Jersey shore guidos, right at home :wub:. They almost got eliminated first and I thought they would’ve made for a fun first boot team. However, Misa & Maiya made their iconic mistake where they ran past the pitstop so Joey & Danny lived to see another day! Once they got out of Argentina, they actually became frontrunners! They were performing extremely well being one of the few teams to successfully do the watermelon detour. I enjoyed their personality, whenever they were shown, whether they regretting not listening to their mom and learning to drive stick shift or just everything about them at the ridiculous beard detour. I also kinda enjoyed their strategy of flirting their way around the world lol. Unfortunately, they decided to square off against Rachel & Dave at the fast forward in Azerbaijan and came up short. Since the leg was so linear, they had no time to catch up and got eliminated. While I remotely liked them more than I expected, they did nothing huge to stand out and make for more than a fair cut at this point.

Save Tian & Jaree

KATE & PAT

Wl6lV.gif

Kate & Pat are married ministers from The Amazing Race 12. According to their Wiki bio, they are the first lesbian team to compete on the race. They only lasted two legs in the race, but the two of them had positive attitudes throughout their experience. They're religious, but they admitted that they're aware that God doesn't care who wins The Amazing Race. Kate also said that "The Amazing Race is a love letter to the planet. The beauty of this Earth comes from God, and we get a chance to hopscotch around it." They seemed like really sweet ladies, and it's too bad that they weren't able to make it further in the race. They got eighth place in the first leg of the race, and then they ended up booking tickets on the last flight to Amsterdam. Not only were they in the back of the pack, but their struggles locating their bicycles in the Detour put them further behind. They ended up placing ninth overall. Despite being Leg 2 boots, they did manage to make it this far into the rankdown. However, I believe this is a fair cut to make at this point in the game. Sorry to any fans!

Saving Tyler & James.

Just now, Weedy_Speedy said:

Did it really take four rankers before Derek & Drew got saved? :huh: 

Save Derek & Drew

Cut Aly & Steve

I was gonna save them but then I remembered you nominated Queens Tina & Jaree so I figured they needed the save more :claybleh:

Mel & Mike

ar14_cast_mel_mike.jpg

Mel & Mike were a father son duo on season 14 of the amazing race and they were also on the unfinished business season as well. Mel became the oldest person to run the race when he was on unfinished business so that's kinda cool. Mike also got to play on Survivor so he's got 2 out of the 3 main shows under his belt but I am guessing they will not be letting him in the Big Brother house anytime soon since he's not in his 20s or 30s lol. Mel & Mike were fine on the amazing race they were inoffensive and harmless but I also never cared much for them one way or another so it's just whatever I guess. I found Mike to be pretty annoying on Survivor so that's partially why I decided to make this cut but also I only liked one team in this set so I could have cut any of these people I guess. They did okay on season 14 so nothing to complain about there although they were early boots on Unfinished Business so oh well I guess.

Saving Jessica & John

Aly & Steve

Season 26

amazingrace26_alysteveselfieafrica_300x3

Aly & Steve are a team of Dating Olympians from season 26. As a heterosexual couple from a season purposely filled to the brim with hetereosexual couples, I remember literally nothing about them! I think they pissed some other team off at some point? Whatever. I think I cut another season 26 couple (oh it was Jelani & Jenny, aka a fake couple) and in that writeup I mentioned the only redeemable teams from this season are Hayley & Blair and to a lesser extent, Mike & Rochelle. The other teams were either boring, competent, boring AND competent, or had punchable faces. Ok word count complete, thank goodness.

Save Derek & Drew

• *Amanda changed the title to The Amazing Race Rankdown (Chris' Nominations Posted)

Lenny & Karyn

image.png

Leonard "Lenny" Zeke Hudson and Karyn D. Jefferson were racers from season 1. During season 1 they were one of the first very typical dating team on The Amazing Race that we see every season, sometimes multiple a season. They are also like most dating couples that come on this show in that they spent more of the race fighting with each other than working together which like usual become their downfall and caused their elimination from the race and landed them last at the pit stop. They did last till 6th place so I will give him credit for that, I guess. I felt like Karyn spent more of the Race yelling at Lenny then enjoying the race. Which is par for the course with this show lol.

SAVING: Lena & Kristy

Edited by *Diana

Alex & Conor

111172_0851b.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&ss

Unlike other hot guy teams, I just never really connected with these two. And I was not like googoo gaga over them looks-wise either. Like looking at these pictures, I do not even consider them a hot guy team even though they were casted to be. They both just look goofy and strangely not symmetrical. I am not into auto racing or whatever "sport" they do either. Because it's not a sport. Anyways, I honestly do not even remember much of what they did on the race, I think they were on Cody and Jessica's season, and they were allies with that annoying duo, so that automatically docks them points for having a terrible judge of character. So yeah, I guess adios! I feel like they were also a much weaker team than expected lol.

Save Michael & Kevin