Who's the most roasted coach in the show's history?

Gustavo527

Most roasted coaches in Voice's histor  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the most roasted coach in the show's history?

• Blake
    • Adam
    • CeeLo
    • Xtina
    • Usher
    • Shakira
    • Gwen
    • Pharrell
    • Alicia
    • Miley
    • JHud
    • Kelly
    • John
    • Nick

I think Adam wins solely because his team was voted out just for having chosen him in the first place yikes.

HM :

John for his political opinions, Miley for her Bangerz era, CeeLo because he’s disgusting and Gwen because she’s too hot for Minivan.

JHud and Xtina because Minivan hate confident and outspoken women.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Fixed that for you 🤭

Lmaooo but seriously that really sucks

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Btw, this is not neccesarily only based on Minivan's opinion, but IDF's and YouTube viemers as well

YT’s would be Blake I think since they can’t tolerate country music, and IDF’s well, CeeLo wins, Adam as runner-up with Nick as the dark horse lmao

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

Lmaooo but seriously that really sucks

YT’s would be Blake I think since they can’t tolerate country music, and IDF’s well, CeeLo wins, Adam as runner-up with Nick as the dark horse lmao

YT can´t stand country but they like Blake because of his humor. Pretty much the same as some people here in IDF.

• Like 1

Things I can see (or have seen) the coaches get roasted for:

• Blake for being a redneck who doesn't know any pop song produced after 1983
  • Adam for the Robegate fiasco
  • CeeLo for being creepy towards female contestants
  • Xtina for coming off as passive-aggressive/"b*tchy" when she's more straightforward with feedback
  • Usher for the disrespect towards Sisaundra's audition
  • Shakira for trying but failing to make the finale though Kristen Merlin should've been in the finale instead of Jake Worthington but whatever
  • Gwen for questionable coaching and then dating Minivan's favorite coach
  • Pharrell for repeatedly picking weaker contestants in hoping his stronger ones would be stolen
  • Alicia for dropping Michael Sanchez and Felicia Temple
  • Miley for the Bangerz era and dropping the winner into Blake's lap that one time
  • JHud for owning her brand and being confident in her abilities
  • Kelly for several of her battle and knockout matchups and the resulting decisions
  • John for his politics
  • Nick for most of his decisions in season 20

In terms of worst offenders, I picked Adam and CeeLo for the poll answers, though there's arguments for Xtina/Shakira/JHud/John too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VintageVoice said:
  • Xtina for coming off as passive-aggressive/"b*tchy" when she's more straightforward with feedback
  •  

havent watched seasons with her, but this is absolutely what the show needs. i feel like they don't get enough actual feedback. it's useless to sugarcoat everything and tell them their performance was wonderful after they flopped. i suspect in some cases they don't even do it in private. when they lie about performances being good, any compliments they give lose their value.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

havent watched seasons with her, but this is absolutely what the show needs. i feel like they don't get enough actual feedback. it's useless to sugarcoat everything and tell them their performance was wonderful after they flopped. i suspect in some cases they don't even do it in private. when they lie about performances being good, any compliments they give lose their value.

Christina vs. Adam and Tony Lucca

I think we've passed the point of constructive criticism on this show with how much they sugarcoat everything and proclaim the best performances ever 5000 times. One season Gwen was honest about a singer being on 10 the whole time, and then Adam agreed with her, and it was like a piano fell on the contestant. Supposedly the contestant was in tears off stage.

Edited by Vinyl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Christina vs. Adam and Tony Lucca

I think we've passed the point of constructive criticism on this show with how much they sugarcoat everything and proclaim the best performances ever 5000 times. One season Gwen was honest about a singer being on 10 the whole time, and then Adam agreed with her, and it was like a piano fell on the contestant. Supposedly the contestant was in tears off stage.

lol what she’s saying makes sense to me, i didn’t catch the song lyric but if someone has to say something sexist to make a metaphor, no they don’t.

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

It´s been reported that the coaches have given criticism quite a few times on various tapings. Blake told TJW in S7 that he shouldn´t be wanting to appear like " he was ungrateful to be there" due to the low energy he performed with in his battle. The thing is that they cut them out because they clearly don´t want any negativity surrounding the show (at least in the pre taped rounds).

So, while the coaches are prone to hyperbole and sometimes go crazy over some people for no reason, they don´t really sugarcote everything. The show does.

Edited by Misirlou

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

So, while the coaches are prone to hyperbole and sometimes go crazy over some people for no reason, they don't really sugarcoat everything. The show does.

I think that's a good thing tbh. The artist needs to hear the criticism, not the whole world. As long as they're actually getting the constructive criticism and using it to improve their vocal abilities, it shouldn't matter whether we — the audience – hear it or not. 🧐 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

lol what she’s saying makes sense to me, i didn’t catch the song lyric but if someone has to say something sexist to make a metaphor, no they don’t.

The song was "99 Problems," but edited for The Voice, of course. Everyone thought it was a dig at Christina because of all her shade toward Tony in previous episodes. In fact, after the first time she was snarky toward him, he sang a Britney Spears song the following week.