Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 3

mar-09-2018-1353.gif

08. KENNEDY DAVENPORT VS. BENDELACREME - "GREENLIGHT"

5a7d79cdab295588383470.gif?resize=400,220&ssl=1164d4222e7a877afadf91a9e93c3d20768792ea5.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 7.00

@*Wallace - 5

@Deeee - 6

@JC - 6

@Zoey - 6

@.Rei - 7

@*Chris - 8

@Elliott - 8

@FrogLenzen - 8

@*Lily - 8

@Solaris - 8

WALLY

BenDeLaCreme and Kennedy both brought a good emotional connection to the song here.  I was unsure aboujt Kennedy at the start but then she did a wig reveal which was unexpected here. It was nice seeing this softer and more emotional side of BenDeLaCreme. I do think Kennedy brought more of a believable emotion to the song. This was a great lip sync but I also preferred the higher energy lip syncs this season.

JC

this was interesting but kind of low energy

REI

I don’t think Lorde is the best artist to do a lip-sync to. It could have been better

DEREK

ugh neither of them did what this song needed. This song has ANGER. GROOVE. INTENSITY. Kennedy just did sad/melodramatic/static/boring with sub-par reveals. And Ben let Kennedy upstage her doing it. 

LILY

Rude of the producers to not switch the songs and let Kennedy lip-sync to... basically anything else. She's an amazing lip-syncer who has been stuck with great songs that are not great choices for lip-syncs. This was fine but wholly unmemorable.

SOLARIS

No comment

---------------------- 

07. KENNEDY DAVENPORT VS. TRIXIE MATTEL - "WRECKING BALL"

8245081c9a7cbc448414bc54131c20f320064dd7.gifv 6bbce5ae7efbfc3eb8b0e32ae3353239.gif

AVERAGE SCORE6.10

@.Rei - 4

@*Chris - 5

@Solaris - 5

@FrogLenzen - 6

@*Wallace - 6

@Elliott - 7

@Deeee - 7

@JC - 7

@*Lily - 7

@Zoey - 7

REI

Trixie won this one. It was good.

SOLARIS

It was good but no wow factor that this song should have

DEREK

Trixie had the better strategy. Stay front and center wearing a bright color looking directly at the judges for this song.

WALLY

Oh right... this lip sync happened. This was when I was tuned out for the rest of the season - for those last 5 or so minutes. I did think Kennedy and Trixie performed this song really well. I do feel like Kennedy is a dynamic performer, and she really pours her heart and emotion into the song - and her Contemporary dancing was impressive. Probably too much dancing and not enough lip syncing at times (like at the bigger parts of the song). I wasn't too sure on Trixie at the start but she did really sell the song towards the end. I do like the emotion she brought to the song. This was my favorite lip sync from Trixie of the season here.

JC

Like I know Kennedy is not a great representative for Drag Race, but she definitely won the lipsync against Trixie. Horrendous ending and robbery. BDL quitting and Shangela getting a bitter jury was just all too much. 

LILY

How could I be expected to watch and enjoy this performance when it aired, seeing as it came just after Shangela's elimination? Boring unfortunately.

---------------------- 

06. BEBE ZAHARA BENET VS. TRIXIE MATTEL - "THE BOSS"

zq8WPAY.gifHWMLryehAmJdnQ1ElSQiAVnFIokJo7DqoQb6YmVJR0umDsFIiyV9Hn1wgo7bP8V4Sh7CMTIPiwn7-_GVIdpyCJnu57T9qY2Q1S9ZNAGJp4fb0e8qW5yPjgg71fbbAcIUYgu1ccyHthIPq2fiJ8NGzbCJE6SL13XtoSrkWtOiVpaJ4bc2usrvF-LYRg

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.80

@*Lily- 2

@Zoey - 2

@FrogLenzen - 4

@Elliott - 5

@*Chris- 7

@Solaris - 7

@Deeee - 8

@JC - 8

@.Rei - 8

@*Wallace - 8

LILY

Bebe's performance in this is joyous and one of my favorite individual lip-syncs from a queen this season. Ru was having the time of his life and honestly same. Trixie was also there I guess?

DEREK

Bebe won as soon as the song started. Also it always is a marvel how Trixie immediately transforms from a drag queen into a giant white man whenever lip syncing

SOLARIS

Forgot this existed.

JC

Boring

REI

Not very exciting

WALLY

It's kinda strange watching a lip sync that isn't with BenDaLaCreme or Shangela here. :haha:  Bebe nailed this song and really brought the Diana Ross performing style of this song. She was very natural here. Trixie had fun here but I didn't really care for nor did I think her performing style worked with this song.  So it was a one sided win for Bebe here for me.

---------------------- 

05. BEBE ZAHARA BENET VS. BENDELACREME - "NOBODY'S SUPPOSED TO BE HERE"

tumblr_p515x34cbP1vj3yico1_500.gifv mar-02-2018-1714.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.50

@*Wallace - 4

@Deeee - 5

@JC - 5

@*Lily - 5

@.Rei - 5

@Zoey - 5

@Elliott - 6

@Solaris - 6

@*Chris - 7

@FrogLenzen - 7

WALLY

BeBe and Bendelacreme performed this really well and both brought a lot of emotional to this song. I do feel like BenDeLaCreeme kinda overdid it and was a little extra with this song but it did work for the most part. Bebe was fantastic throughout and I love how she performed those big notes and then the wig reveal was a cool moment - though disappointing there wasn't another wig under it. Aja's comments on the lack of another wig was hilarious though. BenDeLaCreme did do well but I do think I preferred Bebe here.

JC

this was probably the best slow song of the season. but still not as interesting as others.

LILY

Top 10 moments taken before disaster. In all seriousness Bebe was doing so well and I love the blank stares she got removing her wig to reveal nothing.

REI

Bebe, queen of doing the bare minimum and still slaying.

SOLARIS

Default ranking

DEREK

Bebe won drag race and stopped watching. If she was fully bald it might have been passable. Neither of them danced this like the song needed.

Edited by *Chris

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Results being ruvealed: All Stars 3)
1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Oh wow, I didn't think people would agree with me about #8. And Chris is so dirty using that gif of Kennedy hahahahaha

Update : I found another one but I still kept the original gif :giggle: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, *Lily said:

I think about Bebe’s performance of “The Boss” like, once a week. Trixie brings it down though :haha:

Ugh I feel bad looking back at my ranking as Bebe was really great in that lip sync. :( It's so hard ranking these battles where one is great in but the other is disappointing. :haha: 

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

NURSE 💀 

That Derek comment did crack me up there. :ph34rwave: I never thought that myself but now I am curious to see if I might. :haha: 

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - ALL STARS 3

mar-09-2018-1353.gif

04. BENDELACREME  VS. SHANGELA - "JUMP (FOR MY LOVE)"

5479687ce9c3fa60c46f4474b1f3f336.gif feb-02-2018-12256.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 3.90

@*Chris - 3

@Solaris - 3

@*Wallace - 3

@Zoey- 3

@Deeee- 4

@Elliott - 4

@JC- 4

@*Lily - 4

@.Rei- 6

@FrogLenzen - 5

SOLARIS

Shangela turned it, Delas mimicking in the middle was hilarious

WALLY

BenDeLaCreme and Shanglea were my Top 2 of this season, so I was excited for this lip sync. I thought both performed this really well. BenDaLa did have great comedic skills with how she performed. Shanglea had a great mix of great performing/dancing with selling the song, as well as fun comedic bits. I do think Shangela stood out more here so I agree with her winning.

JC

This was quirky and cute but not like a showstopper or anything.

LILY

Shangela getting a rudemption in front of Vanessa Williams and instead lip-syncing for the win? A growth arc we love to see.

REI

The first half was good but then they just didn’t know what to do.

DEREK

Entertaining. Shangela used a prop but it was only for a quick second. Ben did the copying gimmick too long.

---------------------- 

03. BENDELACREME VS. SHANGELA - "I KISSED A GIRL"

tumblr_p48e17we4u1vw8ygfo2_500.gifv tumblr_p48e17we4u1vw8ygfo3_500.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 2.70

@Elliott- 1

@JC - 1

@*Wallace - 1

@*Chris - 2

@Deeee - 2

@FrogLenzen - 3

@.Rei- 3

@Solaris - 4

@Zoey - 4

@*Lily - 6

JC

Love the song, love these queens, they both werked. Famazing.

WALLY

Ooh wow BenDeLaCreme kinda looked like Katy Perry here, and she kinda performed in a drag way version of her too - which is to be expected with this show. :haha:  She was very animated and extra but it worked well. Shangela performed this song really well too. I liked how she had a more innocent coy way of performing the song - or at least the start of it was. Both did a great job and brought different styles to performing the song. They did get a little scandalous towards the end but they had good playful chemistry here.

DEREK

I think Ben suffered a bit by this point by this being her 4th straight lip sync lol. It just becomes a teeny repetitive when it's in a row. Also I get a bit nervous when the girls start touching each other lol. But overall this was good and was a moderately fair double-win.

REI

This was pretty great.

SOLARIS

Fun.

LILY

Both of them did great although admittedly I don't think about this lip-sync as much, particularly for a double save.

---------------------- 

02. SHANGELA VS. TRIXIE MATTEL - "FREAKY MONEY"

giphy.gif tumblr_p5b28iMTzV1t1arggo1_500.gif?resize=600,336

AVERAGE SCORE: 2.60

@FrogLenzen - 1

@*Lily - 1

@.Rei - 1

@Zoey - 1

@Solaris- 2

@Deeee - 3

@Elliott- 3

@JC - 3

@*Chris- 4

@*Wallace - 7

DEREK

Shangela twerking in a nude fat suit vs. Trixie.... this is what it truly means to bring a gun to a knife-fight. Or bring a rocket launcher. This was probably Trixie's best but it stood no chance.

LILY

Can't believe Garcelle Beauvais has had the opportunity to view both the takedown of Erika Jayne on RHOBH and also this performance from Shangela in her lifetime. I've never been so jealous of someone.

REI

lol this was hilarious

SOLARIS

Brilliant

JC

Queen Shangela SLAYING and leaving Trixie dead in a ditch! This would probably be #1 if Shangela had a decent partner to lipsync against.

WALLY

This was a fun lip sync from Shanglea and Trixie. Ooog omg this was the one where Shanglea went the whole comedic route with the fatsuit here. Although at the same time, I don't think that was needed and she could have given a great performance without it. She was really fun and hilarious with how she performed this. Trixie did well, and performed well but also faded in the background for me. But Shanglea brought a lot more fun and comedy to this performance. She was the easy winner for me here. But overall, it's not one of my favorites but is a lot of fun.

---------------------- 

01. AJA VS. BENDELACREME - "ANACONDA"

giphy20.gif tiqez06zfnc01.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 2.40

@*Chris - 1

@Deeee - 1

@Solaris - 1

@FrogLenzen - 2

@Elliott - 2

@JC - 2

@.Rei- 2

@*Wallace - 2

@*Lily - 3

@Zoey - 8

SOLARIS

DeLa masterpiece

DEREK

I do think Ben's comedy approach is a better strategy than Aja's. However, it is a long song and the camera didn't really spend a lot of time with Aja so who knows if there was more we didn't see.

JC

Phenomenal, both queens slayed.

REI

Pretty even lipsync. Both did great.

WALLY

This was a really fun lip sync battle. Aja was a great dancer/performer here but BendelaCreme had the great comedy, characterization and silliness. It's a preference of what you prefer in this lip sync. But BenDeLaCreme was so fun and hilarious, and I really loved her performance a ton here. So I agree with her winning here.

LILY

Both of them did great but there was no beating DeLa here. Totally sold the comedic aspect of the song brilliantly.

Also @*Lily provided my favourite quote for this season :

"Can't believe Garcelle Beauvais has had the opportunity to view both the takedown of Erika Jayne on RHOBH and also this performance from Shangela in her lifetime. I've never been so jealous of someone." 

#Queen

• Like 2

On 12/28/2021 at 3:56 AM, *Chris said:

Also @*Lily provided my favourite quote for this season :

"Can't believe Garcelle Beauvais has had the opportunity to view both the takedown of Erika Jayne on RHOBH and also this performance from Shangela in her lifetime. I've never been so jealous of someone." 

#Queen

Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills GIF by Bravo TV - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

SEASON 10

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cadbc6b584552775992505d

KALORIE KARBDASHIAN-WILLIAMS VS. VANESSA VANJIE MATEO - "AIN'T NO OTHER MAN"

EUREKA O'HARA VS. KALORIE KARBDASHIAN-WILLIAMS - BEST OF MY LOVE"

MAYHEM MILLER VS. YUHUA HAMASAKI - "CELEBRITY SKIN"

DUSTY RAY BOTTOMS VS. MONET X CHANGE - "POUND THE ALARM"

MAYHEM MILLER VS. MONET X CHANGE - "MAN! I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN"

BLAIR ST. CLAIR VS. THE VIXEN - "I'M COMING OUT"

MONIQUE HEART VS. THE VIXEN - "CUT TO THE FEELING"

ASIA O'HARA VS. THE VIXEN - "GROOVE IS IN THE HEART"

EUREKA O'HARA VS. KAMERON MICHAELS - "NEW ATTITUDE"

KAMERON MICHAELS VS. MONET X CHANGE - "GOOD AS HELL"

KAMERON MICHAELS VS. MIZ CRACKER - "NASTY GIRL"

ASIA, AQUARIA, EUREKA & KAMERON - "CALL ME MOTHER"

ASIA O'HARA VS. KAMERON MICHAELS - "NASTY"

AQUARIA VS. EUREKA O'HARA - "IF"

AQUARIA VS. EUREKA O'HARA VS. KAMERON MICHAELS - "BANG BANG"

@*Wallace @Deeee @JC @Zoey @.Rei @totes4totes

@Elliott @FrogLenzen @*Lily @Solaris @#jeah 

• *Chris changed the title to Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Currently ranking : Season 10)