Drag Race Rankdown: LSFYL Edition (Current season : Season 12)

*Chris

RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE - SEASON 5

tenor.gif?itemid=7618136

08. ALYSSA EDWARDS VS. IVY WINTERS - "AIN'T NOTHING' GOIN' ON BUT THE RENT"

AmusedAromaticDegu-size_restricted.gif VPlI.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 7.25

@#jeah - 5

@*Chris - 5

@totes4totes - 5

@~Tom~ - 5

@Elliott - 7

@*Lily - 7

@*Wallace - 7

@FrogLenzen - 8

@JC - 9

@~*8Kay8*~ - 9

@.Rei - 10

@Solaris - 10

ANDY

Alyssa is everything here. I like what Ivy was trying to do but she should have danced around a bit more

CHRIS

Like everyone mentioned, Alyssa was everything in the lipsync which gave us an iconic moment. Unfortunately for Ivy, she tried but unable to match Alyssa's skills.

MEGAN

How did Ivy Winters win MC this season. Over Alyssa. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. 

ELLIOTT

I legitimately forget this happened. I always remember Alyssa's first and third lip syncs for obvious reasons, but not her second. Poor IIIIvyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy WinterSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSs

WALLY

Ivy did lip sync the lyrics well but I felt that was all she brought here. She was lacking stage presence, and just too tame in how she performed. Whereas Alyssa only lip sync well but she lived, breathed, danced and performed the song so naturally as if it were her own song. Really loved watching Alyssa here and this was an easy win for her. I feel bad ranking this at #7 because Alyssa’s side would put this in the Top 5/6 range but sadly Ivy brought it  down some.

JC

Alyssa did a great job with this per usual but Ivy was pretty boring and did not even move which dragged this one down.

REI

Alyssa killed it!! Ivy gave her best Charlie Hides impersonation though 

--------------------

07. ALASKA THUNDERF*CK, JINKX MONSOON & ROXXXY ANDREWS - "THE BEGINNING"

Jinkx+final+lipsynch.gif alaskajinkx.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 7.08

@~Tom~ - 2

@FrogLenzen - 6

@JC - 6

@~*8Kay8*~ - 6

@Solaris - 7

@*Chris - 8

@Elliott - 8

@totes4totes - 8

@.Rei - 8

@*Wallace - 8

@#jeah - 9

@*Lily - 9

JC

Three amazing queens, but since it is basically a coronation song, not much room for excitement, they all did the best they could with the song.

CHRIS

Not terrible but it doesn't measure up to the other lipsyncs. 

ELLIOTT

Meh.

MEGAN

Not that it's bad. It's just harder to rank above the more iconic performances from Detox/Coco/Alyssa

REI

As good as a lip-sync with three queens can be.

WALLY

All of Alaska, Jinks and Roxxxy performed and did well to this lip sync battle. There were a lot of outstanding lip sync performances this season (including from Jinkx an Roxxxy) that I was left wanting more from all 3 of them.  They performed well, they entertained and were fun to watch. But I don’t know know who stood out the most for me. I would say, I did enjoy watching Jinkx and Roxxxy more than Alaska here. This is tricky to rank as they were all very good but not mind-blowing.

ANDY

Sticking to my usual ranking the more-than-two-queens lipsyncs towards the bottom

--------------------

06. COCO MONTRESE & DETOX - "(IT TAKES) TWO TO MAKE IT RIGHT"

eFdNFc.gif pLH2ff.gif

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.92

@FrogLenzen - 4

@*Lily - 4

@totes4totes - 4

@JC - 5

@~*8Kay8*~ - 5

@.Rei - 5

@#jeah - 6

@Elliott - 6

@*Chris - 7

@~Tom~ - 7

@*Wallace - 10

MEGAN

I think between them it's not as good as their previous efforts (though I did love Detox playing to Michelle and her old school dance moves). I think Coco was just out of gas after four previous lip syncs. But each at their medium is better than Ivy/Jade/Lineysha/Monica so it ranks higher by default.

JC

Two lipsync queens, both thoroughly entertaining.

REI

Detox rightfully won this one.

ANDY

Detox is a little more restrained with her annoying mouth thing here, and Coco does her usual Coco thing

ELLIOTT

Coco won this but they didn't want to miss out on having Jinkx facing off against all three members of Rolaskatox, and that's the tea!

CHRIS

This was good but it's not as memorable as the other lipsyncs of the season.

WALLY

This was a good lip sync from Coco and Detox - but not my favorite from either of them. I felt Coco was more fun to watch and brought the better dancing. She did great as always but I was impressed more from her other performances. Detox lip synced the song better and was really connected to the song. But then omggg the old school dancing she did here. It was fun, silly but soo not good - at least not in my opinion.  :dead: Oh she did that lip move thing that was fun but I was also kinda over it at this point. I did like how she connected and play along with Michelle on her own song though. I feel this should be objectively higher but I just found myself enjoying the other battles more.

--------------------

05. COCO MONTRESE VS. JADE JOLIE - "I'M SO EXCITED"

9241c922d8f6820edcba4f08a3372ac7dc4f0482.gifv 227216b50f121661592edc2dfe64e4bd7e152c42.gifv

AVERAGE SCORE: 5.67

@#jeah - 4

@Elliott - 4

@~*8Kay8*~ - 4

@.Rei - 4

@Solaris - 4

@FrogLenzen - 5

@*Chris - 6

@totes4totes - 6

@*Lily - 6

@*Wallace - 6

@~Tom~ - 9 

@JC - 10

ANDY

I forgot how good this lipsync is! Jade matches the energy of the song but Coco lives and breathes the song. It’s great!

ELLIOTT

Coco is the drag race lip sync assassin, thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. (Side note: Imagine a Coco vs Kameron lip sync? The drama! The gaggery! The way we'd be FED.)

REI

I've been very vocal that I'm not really a fan of Coco but girl did she slay this!!! Brilliant. Jade though 🤮

CHRIS

Coco stole this lipsync - she was everything!

MEGAN

Coco is so good. The only way Jade was going to win in a lip sync against her is if it were to a Taylor Swift song. Jade isn't completely awful and this performance would save her against like a Serena Cha Cha so it gets ranked higher than the two I have below it. Also because Coco is quite good.

WALLY

Coco delivered another great and fun performance here. She was kicking and arcing all over the place and having fun here. I loved her energy and excitement. Jade had fun and performed well but she seemed like an awkward mover with her dancer. A good effort from Had but still preferred Coco.

JC

They both did a pretty good job with this one, but it does not stick out in my mind as having as many pow moments.

--------------------

ONLY ONE WILL REIGN SUPREME! WHICH ONE WILL IT BE? 

"TAKE ME HOME" 

"WHIP MY HAIR"

"COLD HEARTED"

"MALAMBO NO. 1"

Ahh darn I just pushed up “Ain’t Nothin Goin’ On but the Rent” my ranking but one spot. Darn had I left it at #8, it would have matched its actual ranking here. :haha: And :dead: @ Rei…..Ivy was not Charlie Hides levels bad though. :haha:

Oh wow, I actually wasn’t expecting “The Beginning” to be ranked so low at #7.  I felt kinda bad ran king this as low as I did but a fair spot. Everyone pretty much echo’d my thoughts on this one.

Lmaoo I didn’t expect to be the outlier regarding “(It Takes) Two to Make It Right” though. All those 3-7 rankings and then my lone #10 ranking. :dead: LOL Oops. But Coco in WIGU > This. Thank you to Andy for being annoyed by the Detox mouth thing too. :giggle:

Wow so many #4 rankings for “I’m So Excited.” 😮 But very pleased with its ranking even if I preferred a few others.

UGH @ Elliott bringing up Kameron as a lip sync assassin. Not this again.

giphy.gif

A pretty great Top 4 though! Think this was my actual Top 4 battles, solo slayage! :bobo: Oh wait, I think  “When I Grow Up” was #4, so oops. All of my Top 5 is represented here though! :haha:

2 hours ago, ~Tom~ said:

Ain't Nothing Goin On But the Rent robbed. Ad I'm not even a big fan of Alyssa's. :haha: 

Not "The Beginning," which you ranked 2nd? 😮 

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Almost correct top 4

This.

2 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Wally doesn't want to sip the tea, I see! 

Nope.

I'll always stand with Rei on this debate. (!) Although I'm willing to change my mind whenever we get to the S10 game, lol.

4 hours ago, *Chris said:

Side note: Imagine a Coco vs Kameron lip sync? The drama! The gaggery! The way we'd be FED.

okay i just watched all of kameron's lip syncs and i can confidently say that coco would destroy kameron and then walk on her corpse. imagine. trying to mention coco and kameron in the same breath when it comes to lip syncs.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

okay i just watched all of kameron's lip syncs and i can confidently say that coco would destroy kameron and then walk on her corpse. imagine. trying to mention coco and kameron in the same breath when it comes to lip syncs.

Kameron has a TikTok page full of lip syncs that I watch religiously. :haha:

28 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

was kameron a lip sync assassin or did the cast of season whatever just suck at lip syncs 🤔

24 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

d2Mh4o5.png

I see no lies in these posts. And it's saying a lot for me and Megan to be on the same page. :haha: 

15 minutes ago, Elliott said:

He literally has the best record of lip syncs on the show, Wally.

Unfortunately. :closedeyes: And a super overrated performer at that. 

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

all we gotta do is remind her that you tanked Zendaya.  

Which you should be grateful for. :claybleh: