Dancing with the Stars Rankdown 4.0 (Winner reveal page 201)

Solaris

250?cb=20170305233937

Aiden Turner

When I first googled "Aiden Turner" the Irish Actor Aidan Turner popped up and I was like "THERE IS NO freakING WAY THAT THE VAMPIRE FROM BEING HUMAN KILI WAS ON DANCING WITH THE STARS" and for once w/r/t this rankdown I was correct. Because AidAn Turner was not on this show but AidEn Turner was. Aiden Turner, who is British, was on the 10th season paired with Edyta. And since we can just pretend that Geraldo never existed both on this show and on this planet, we can consider Aiden Edyta's last partner. She was probably tired of being given duds and despite being young and handsome Aiden was a bad dancer. I watched a dance of his. It was bad. Back in the old time-y days of this show they weren't afraid to give bad dancers bad scores so Aiden got a 15, a 19, a 20, and whatever "5/6 5/6 5/6" means on the show. Bye Aiden.

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

IIRC the “5/6 5/6 5/6” was when they randomly decided to score the celebs’ performance and technique separately  for one week. :dead: 

I actually enjoyed that twist because it allowed Bristol to get #dragged for her terrible performing :wub: 

John O'Hurley

Sara Evans

Harry Hamlin

Billy Ray Cyrus

Ted McGinley

Steve-O

Aaron Carter

Kristin Cavallari

Gavin DeGraw

Jack Wagner

Wynonna Judd

Noah Galloway

Alek Skarlatos

Hayes Grier

Antonio Brown

Von Miller

Doug Flutie

Heather Morris

Frankie Muniz

Nick Lachey

Derek Fisher HANDS OFF EVERYONE ELSE THIS IS FOR @totes4totes

5 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

can i make a cut and then do my second cut and save later or does it all have to be at once. just mentally preparing

hmm i think i said both need to be done within 45 min, but you can refresh.  So i suppose just keep refreshing? :P 

Wynonna Judd

Wynonna Judd Reflects on 'Dancing With the Stars' Experience, Elimination

ICON ALERT (!) Wynonna Judd is a legendary country music artist, both as a solo artist and as part of the duo The Judds with her mother Naomi Judd. She dominated the US Country Music Charts in the 80s and 90s. She joined the DWTS cast for Season 16 and was paired with Tony Dovolani. She placed 11th out of 12, and only because Dorothy Hamill had to withdraw I think. So basically she was voted out first. She had three weeks of dances, and the third week her scores dipped from 6, 6, 6, to 5, 5, 5. Oh Tony... that costume lol. Her first week was passable and I didn't expect her to be out first based solely on that, especially since Tony was just coming off of his All Stars win and I thought maybe he'd attract some voters (even though obviously he was given Wynonna because she had no chance of winning and he just won) and also there were some scary people in the cast that I expected to be out sooner. But then the Samba happened which was atrocious and the costuming was... a choice. So that spelled the end for her and we had to suffer through some of the men in that cast longer instead (like always).

12679.large.jpg

Antonio Brown

#Bless Alex for these nominations that allow me to cut two of my least favorite people in sport. One for sports reasons and one for outside of sports reasons. It doesn't take a big brain to realize that Antonio Brown is the out of sports reasons. 

There's this nasty truth about sports which is that if you are good enough and there was never any video nor a criminal conviction, you can have your redemption story. You will always be given another chance. Antonio Brown was traded by the Steelers to the Raiders in 2019 for what seemed like pennies compared to what Antonio Brown was worth just because he was a "diva." I don't like giving the Steelers props (after all their quarterback is also a rapist) but hindsight is 20/20 and they were right. Later that season before any games were played the Raiders released Antonio Brown supposedly because he called a coach or the GM a cracker. I forget who. That's pretty low and a way to avoid paying Antonio Brown because we didn't know what he had done off the field. I mean every team already knew about the incidents that lead him to be a trade option for the Steelers despite being the best wide receiver in the league including an April 2018 incident where he tossed furniture out his window nearly hitting a child and where he was speeding 100mph on a freeway. But those weren't enough to deter teams like the Raiders and then eventually the Patriots who saw only his talent. 

Then came September 2019. First, Brittney Taylor, Antonio Brown's former trainer, accused him of sexual assault. Then a few days later a second woman accused Brown of sexual misconduct and sexual assault.  This wasn't enough to deter the Patriots who still played Brown a single game in the second week of the Patriots season. See "allegedly" doesn't get you cut from a team when you are the best wide receiver in the league the year before. However, on September 20th, text messages from Brown to the second woman were released where he was clearly threatening her. This caused Antonio Brown to be released from the Patriots. A few months later in early 2020 in the before times, Antonio Brown was involved in other cases including battery and burglary which he was charged and eventually pleaded no contest receiving probation and community service. 

This should have really been enough to end Antonio Brown's career. But no remember Antonio Brown is exceptionally good at running routes and catching balls. And in his brief time in New England he made a powerful friend - Tom Brady. Tom Brady who pleaded Antonio Brown's case to Bruce Arians who despite being one of the few coaches ever recognized for actually being cool to women and hiring them on his staff, despite just a few months earlier said that there would be no place for a guy like Antonio Brown to be on any team he coached, gave in. And in October 2020, barely a year after the initial accusations of rape and sexual assault, Antonio Brown was a Buccaneer. A Buccaneer who will be going to the playoffs. Tampa Bay didn't need Antonio Brown, they already had one of the most dynamic receiving duos in the league with Mike Evans and Chris Godwin. But you see, Tom Brady wanted Antonio Brown. So they got him. Despite everything. Because Antonio Brown is good at catching footballs. And thus everything before can be forgotten. 

In this article from excellent sports reporter Diana Moskovitz (https://defector.com/antonio-brown-gets-to-redeem-himself-because-he-helps-your-team-win/) which is behind a paywall it ends with this:

"What all these coaches, players, and team executives know is this: Winning does take care of everything. That’s why college football is being played in cities with COVID-19 outbreaks, and that’s why Brown will be back. The easy answer would be to wave it off as the same old sports problem. But sport isn’t that complicated, or that special, nor is it somehow magically divorced from our everyday nightmares, even if it is sold as an escape from them. The Buccaneers know that their fans will forgive everything if they win, an utterly unremarkable trait as every fanbase does that in every sport. Hell, if the Bucs win enough, I can already see the text messages that I’ll get from friends in the Tampa Bay area, telling me they believe Brown is a changed man and, also, did I see that amazing catch he just made? You can feign shock, if you feel like, but it all fits within the great American forgiveness doctrine: You can get redemption if you can make me money."

Antonio Brown was on season 22 of Dancing with the Stars. He was paired with Sharna. They made it to top 5. He wasn't very bad but he wasn't very good. 

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 1

Nick Lachey 

dwts-peta-murgatroyd-nick-lachey-vanessa

dragging a Lachey? Sign me up. The best part of that season was when everyone predicted Nick as the winner in the prediction game just for him to completely and utterly flop. Honestly I'd argue he is one of the biggest flops in the history of the show as someone who didn't close to live up to the hype of their pre season predictions. I honestly don't remember a dance he did? Vanessa outshined. That stupid married couple pro/celebrities storyline that season was so lame considering how much Maks seems so checked out on this show.  Anyway Nick sucked and that gave me irrationally amounts of joy. 

Edited by *Diana