Big Brother Rankdown 2.0

Alex95

6 hours ago, *Wallace said:

OH WAIT, Also read QK's write-up of "flops like Wally aren't in this rankdown" comment. LMAO WELL Screw my previous post. I'm glad Haleigh missed the Top 10 now. 🙂 :wub: 

WALLY :dead: 

• Haha 1

10. Jun Song

maxresdefault.jpg

10.3/20

@*Lily - 3/20

@Solaris - 4/20

Public - 6/20

@*Amanda - 7/20

@*Chris - 7/20

@*Diana - 14/20

@1234567890 - 17/20

@Steven_ - 17/20

@QueenKalie - 18/20

Lily

My #3 ranking goes to the iconic Jun Song! I love Jun, she is my favorite houseguest on BB4 and is such a great houseguest throughout. While other houseguests are all going at each other's throats in BB4, with dramas of exes and rivalries, Jun is taking it all in, getting information and using her cooking skills as a strategy of its own. She has her own ex in the house, Jee, who she also links up with for information, all the while putting on dramatic confrontations in front of the house to make everyone think they cannot bear to be around each other.

Jun goes in to team up with Alison in the end of the game when they need each other the most, and I love this about them. They both openly admit they wouldn't be friends outside of the game, but they see everything going on around them and realise they are probably each other's best bets in the final two. One of my favorite random moments of BB is when Alison and Robert win a competition to see a movie, and Jun is just left in the house with a mime? It's typical random BB humour but there's something about that scene which is strangely endearing and fun to watch. Jun and Alison both have burned bridges in that final two and that finale is soooo awkward to watch with the jury, but Jun manages to win out because Alison is just completely vilified. I adored Jun in the game and am so happy she's made it here.

Solaris

Another contestant I am ranking a little higher then I expected.  Mostly because I expect some low rankings from other rankers and I would love Jun to place as high as possible.  Jun is one of my favorite winners of all time, and she perfected the floater game.  Her strategy of feeding people and using the kitchen as a place to gain intel was very smart.  She won a head of household in week 8 and used it to axe her ex Jee.  Jun has always been a contestant I have wanted to see play again, mostly because I feel like she would do well again.  She also won the game, decimating Alison in the final vote. 

Alex

A legend. After the heartbreaking loss from Danielle Reyes a year earlier, I was worried badass chicks can't win this game. Luckily, Jun goes on to prove they can win a jury vote (but only if they're up against another badass chick who's also twice as hated GOD I LOVE THAT FINAL TWO :wub:). Jun is everything you can want in a BB player. She shamelessly floated throughout the game and perfected the art of strategic floating. As much as I adore Rachel, I hate how she's ruined the term floating. Jun was so cutthroat and sassy and just a joy to watch play the game, and a joy to watch as a character. Jun's a f*cking legend and an innovator of the game. Anyways, I'm in the middle of watching a movie and PandorasBox #snapped harder than I (and any of you :kissbye:) did with their Jun writeup so I'll let them take it from here.

PandorasBox

Jun is at #1. Jun Song is everything that I want in a reality tv houseguest. She’s absolutely organic, natural, and unabashedly herself: very much a real person from somewhere in America. At the same time, however, she’s endlessly entertaining, provides perfect, biting narration and a fresh perspective to the proceedings of bb4. It also helps that her innovative winning game is one of the best this show has ever seen: I have her as the second best winner after Will (ahead of Dan and Maggie for the top four), and I think that she could totally win again if she ever comes back a la Sandra in HvV. The fact that Jun Song won bb4 is a marvel, a true momentous occasion. Her win definitely fits with Jenna’s win in The Amazon and Sandra’s win in Pearl Islands (lord getting those three seasons in one year god really used to love us more).

Jun Song came on bb4 in 2003 to win some money. She was an investment banker on Wall Street getting out of a relationship and thought this would be a good way to get out a town and get money. She is then forced to play with her ex-boyfriend Jee (the “I only date Caucasian males” segment spliced with her being Jee’s ex is PEAK comedy). She savvily gets into the big Elite 8 alliance, forms a bond with Dana (who she quickly realizes is crazy) and works closely with Jack to monitor Dana. She also secretly works with Jee while planning fake fights with him (ending up making the house uncomfortable in the process lmao).

She ultimately gets into every single alliance in bb4 that has more than two people at one point or another. Her best moment is teaming up with Alison, a deliciously evil succubus who Jun is irritated by but comes to understand has a real aggressive, strategic mindset behind her. Jun meanwhile talks endless sh*t about Ali while comparing notes with her about the rest of the house. The two are the swing votes, so they essentially control the boot order and the fact that Jun flipped sides to where the power was each season made people mad, but it was absolutely genius. She has one of the most iconic HoHs where she goes to the MTV Awards and takes Jee out. She also lets Alison take ALL he blood for everyone’s evictions in the endgame while making everyone think that she was the most intelligent person in the house, leading her to win in the most lopsided vote in the history of the show up to that point despite most of the jury hating her wekhfwejfhwefhwe. Truly, Jun was robbed of the celebration most winners get.

BB4 is a season with a theme of duplicity, where every houseguests positive and negative attributes are shown (making everything seem negative in the process), and thematically, a sarcastic, witty, mean spirited woman who doesn’t care about any of the other houseguests who will get the h*ll outta dodge two minutes after winning is just what this iconic season needed.

And then there are her character moments. The eating segment is famous, but the segment where she wakes everyone up to clean the kitchen “Everybody wake up! This isn’t Oklahoma State f*cking University!” Honestly underrated. Her passive aggressively egging Scott on and telling the DR she felt “unsafe with him in the house” to get him to leave…something she does NOT regret to this day. The fact that after the show, she only speaks to Jack from her season, somehow got a call for bb14 and bb22 despite insulting Julie constantly, got almost the entire male cast of bb16 to block her on twitter (goalz) despite never watching the entire season (!!! She quit because it was too boring), her interviews on RHAP (highly recommend) where she talks about her life are inspiring and completely one-of-a-kind, and, of course, the fact that after the show she ran an erotic massage business while simultaneously working in an investment bank on Wall Street WITHOUT YET HAVING A BACHELORS DEGREE! Jun is a goddess on another level, and she shows how a normal, real human can be interesting, dramatic, and larger than life…and isn’t that the very thesis of reality tv?

JC

QUEEN

Amanda

tumblr_npm48jhiRF1uxe9njo6_r1_400.gifv

Queen Jun! The person who perfected the floater strategy and ended up winning with it. I know that the floater strategy is panned by the fandom and players alike these days, but that's because it's strayed so far from what it originally was. Floating wasn't meant to be used as a "sit around and do nothing" strategy like a lot of people seem to think it does, but rather actively playing both sides of the house and working with whichever one is in power or is more convenient at the moment. That's what Jun did and she did it flawlessly. All she cared about was getting to the end and she didn't care about the house hating her because she won. Her and Alison working together, not because they liked each other but because they needed each other, was amazing. These two girls working together and making the final 2 much to the annoyance of their fellow houseguests is iconic. Definitely one of the better final 2's that we've gotten from this show. Julie being like "Well, you two made it to the final 2. Are you happy? 🙂 " to Jun and Alison when they were sitting at the end together was funny when of course they were happy because that was their goal. Jun and Alison forcing the other houseguests to give one of them the win and the money was amazing.

Jun using her ex Jee to get further in the game then dropping him and sending him out the door with her HOH was amazing. Jun using cooking as a tactic to get people to keep her was genius. Jun perfecting the floater strategy as it was intended to be used was fantastic. Jun is just an all-around amazing houseguest and winner who I feel is often under-appreciated, so I'm happy that she made the Top 20 this time around.

Chris

tumblr_npm48jhiRF1uxe9njo8_r1_250.gifv

Jun Song is the queen of Big Brother 4, and I am so happy that she was able to make her way to the Top 20.  And the best way to describe Jun is to quote Lady Gaga which I am convinced was her complimenting Jun and her gameplay: "talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique, completely not ever been done before”.

Diana

He was someone I was shocked to make this far as shas he been on a few people’s radars the second half of the game. Here she is! Good for him. I am so tired of write ups at this point so I am not going to make this 100 words so it is not required. She won big brother 4

Victoria

tumblr_o8fib48CCR1rrt01ro2_250.gifv

Jun Song is definitely a queen and a Big Brother legend. I'm glad she was able to make the finals this time around. A lot of legends and iconic figures have made the finals this time around. This makes the ranking harder and Jun suffers from me not seeing her season in real time. 😢 I don't think Jun has any chance of actually winning so I'm just taking her inclusion in the finals as a win. When I did get around to watching the season, I did prefer Alison to Jun. Even though Alison called Janelle fat and a slut on Big Brother: All-Stars. :dead: I'm judging based on S4 Alison and not S7 Alison. Anyway, enough about Alison as she didn't make the finals and Jun did. :wub: Jun Sung was a houseguest on Big Brother 4 and was the eventual winner of the season. In this season, Jun played the game with her ex-boyfriend Jee, as part of The X-Factor twist. She had secret alliances with Jee and Alison. Jun perfected the floating strategy and she is perfectly fine claiming it. She did it so well. :yes: Jun used her cooking skills as a way to stay in the house as well. 🤣 Jun won HOH and POV once. She was nominated 3 times but received no votes to evict against her. Jun made the final 2 with Alison and received 6 of the 7 votes to win the game. Jun is the first Asian-American houseguest to win Big Brother and is also the first winner across all versions of Big Brother to be of Asian descent. Jun is the first Big Brother winner to receive no eviction votes against them the entire game. She was followed by 10 others, but I will not name them all. :haha: Jun was invited to comeback to compete on Big Brother 22: All-Stars despite her dislike of Julie Chen. :dead: ICON. 🤣 She denied the invitation as she was living in Belgium at the time and didn't want to leave her son during a pandemic. Jun is a legend and her spot in the finals is deserved. I just have less of an attachment to her as I do the others.

Steven

tumblr_o8fib48CCR1rrt01ro2_250.gifv

Jun Song is the winner of Big Brother 4. She's credited with perfecting the floater strategy. She wouldn't commit to any of the groups and sided with what benefited her for the week. She avoided eviction thanks to the relationships she built; her cooking skills were also appreciated. The twist of Season 4 was bringing in some of the Houseguests' exes into the house, which included Jun's ex Jee. At first she wanted nothing to do with him, but she eventually formed a secret alliance with him. The two had an understanding of having each other's back, but Jun eventually took him out on her own HoH week since she no longer needed him. Jun's most notable alliance was with Allison. The two weren't friends, but they were playing similar games and realized they needed each other. They kept their alliance a secret, and they worked together to take out the other remaining Houseguests until they sat next to each other in the Final 2. The jury was unhappy to see the two of them in the Final 2, but Jun managed to get most of the votes since she wasn't as disliked as Allison. Along with her game play, fans enjoyed Jun's snarky and blunt personality. Jun played a great Big Brother game, and kudos to her on making it to the Top 20 of this rankdown.

QueenKalie

91e578d40cc3edc56f54bf01bfbd9765.jpg

I remember that in the first Big Brother rankdown I got Jun Song and 1 other person cut during the battle rounds and got Michelle Maradie the season four win that was so iconic! :heart With Ribbon: Everyone was so upset about Michelle winning the season especially Wally and it was fantastic and some of my best work. That didn’t happen this time around as Michelle got instantly cut probably because of her past success so #myimpact I guess lol. Anyways Jun is probably not gonna win this rankdown like she won Big Brother 4 especially after I ranked her in 18th place and honestly that is just fine with me. 

• Alex95 changed the title to Big Brother Rankdown 2.0 (10 Posted)

Legit loling at the literal swapping of pronouns every single sentence in Diana's writeup :dead: 

Queen Jun! I think she was towards the middle of my Top 10, happy she made it here and congrats to the queen of scheme!

Updated ranking! 

Amanda is still doing well with the last 2 reveals, along with Steven despite losing his number one.  Another impressive showing is Diana whose bottom tier have all showed up, and this despite losing 2 members in her Top 5.  

I find myself in the middle of the pack at the moment with my 1, 7, and 9 being revealed. But overall, not a terrible showing. And Sola also find himself in the middle of the pack.

Unfortunately for QK & Victoria, both their ranking have proven to be a bit over the place compare the other rankers. 

AMANDA

07. Jun Song

11. Kaela Grant

12. Monica Bailey

13. Nikki Grahame

14. Jordan Lloyd

15. Daniele Briones

16. Haleigh Broucher

17.  Drew Daniel

18. John McGuire

19. Shelby Stockton

20. Amanda Zuckerman

CHRIS

01. Kaela Grant

07. Jun Song

09. Haleigh Broucher

13. John McGuire

14. Monica Bailey

15. Daniele Briones

16. Drew Daniel

17. Nikki Grahame

18. Shelby Stockton

19. Jordan Lloyd

20. Amanda Zuckerman

DIANA

02. Jordan Lloyd

04. Daniele Briones

12. Kaela Grant

13. Monica Bailey

14. Jun Song

15. Nikki Grahame

16. Shelby Stockton

17. Haleigh Broucher

18. Drew Daniel

19. John McGuire

20. Amanda Zuckerman

LILY

03. Jun Song

05. Monica Bailey

07. Haleigh Broucher

11. Nikki Grahame

14. Shelby Stockton

15. John McGuire

16. Kaela Grant

17. Daniele Briones

18. Drew Daniel

19. Jordan Lloyd

20. Amanda Zuckerman

SOLARIS

04. Jun Song

09. Nikki Grahame

10. Shelby Stockton

11. Kaela Grant

12. Drew Daniel

15. John McGuire

16. Amanda Zuckerman

17. Monica Bailey

18. Haleigh Broucher

19. Daniele Briones

20. Jordan Lloyd

STEVEN

01. John McGuire

10. Haleigh Broucher

11. Kaela Grant

13. Monica Bailey

14. Jordan Lloyd

15. Nikki Grahame

16. Daniele Briones

17. Jun Song

18. Drew Daniel

19. Shelby Stockton

20. Amanda Zuckerman

QK

01. Haleigh Broucher

02. Shelby Stockton

05. Nikki Grahame

06. Jordan Lloyd

08. Daniele Briones

09. Kaela Grant

14. John McGuire

15. Monica Bailey

16. Drew Daniel

17. Amanda Zuckerman

18. Jun Song

VICTORIA

02. Jordan Lloyd

03. Haleigh Broucher

04. John McGuire

08. Monica Bailey

10. Kaela Grant

12. Drew Daniel

15. Daniele Briones

16. Nikki Grahame

17. Jun Song

18. Shelby Stockton

20. Amanda Zuckerman

PUBLIC

06. Jun Song

10. Jordan Lloyd

11. Monica Bailey

12. Kaela Grant

14. Haleigh Broucher

15. Shelby Stockton

16. Nikki Grahame

17.  Daniele Briones

18. Drew Daniel

19. John McGuire

20. Amanda Zuckerman

Well done to Jun on making the Top 10. I do really like her but she was the one i was hoping would show up first of this Top 10, as I ranked her around #14. She is my favorite of her season but I don't quite love her as much as most people. She's still great and was fun to watch though.

LOL QK being obsessed with me mentioning me in a negative way in his write-up again! :wub: Except I think he remembered that BB Randown 1.0 story wrong. I may have been disappointed with the Jun cut there but I wasn't mad about Michelle getting that win as she was one of my favorites of BB4 and I was happy with how far she got there. :haha:  

12 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

why is Diana referring to Jun as a he. :dead:

11 hours ago, *Chris said:

I had to read twice to make sure Diana’s writeup was actually about Jun :dead: 

10 hours ago, *Amanda said:

DIANA :dead: 

10 hours ago, JC said:

Legit loling at the literal swapping of pronouns every single sentence in Diana's writeup :dead: 

Queen Jun! I think she was towards the middle of my Top 10, happy she made it here and congrats to the queen of scheme!

LMAOO YESSS these were all of my thoughts on Diana's write-up. One of the funniest things I ever read! :dead: 

Diana! :wub: