6nrALt9l.jpg

rsVGGPtl.jpg

Covers

---
[h/t: Dany for Trivia Image]

Edited by season1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

It's about time a classically trained singer gets some love on this show. You can add me!

14 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Add me.

Added you both. oNghnm5.gif

I love his rendition of Nessum Dorma. I wish he auditioned with that song. 🙂

Just now, season1 said:

Added you both. oNghnm5.gif

I love his rendition of Nessum Dorma. I wish he auditioned with that song. 🙂

Thank you. I just want him to stay in his lane, for sure he have a high chance of winning that 4-Way KO because he's the only guy there. 

• Like 1

In response to @Bk1234

On 10/20/2020 at 11:09 PM, Bk1234 said:

Add me. I have now split myself into thirds in regards to the four-way knockout (Julia, Ryan, and Taryn), but I loved his audition, so it's worth it.

Added! It would be a tough KO but whoever wins (I hope Ryan does) will be a great addition to the live rounds.

PS: Please spoiler your original comment. 🙂

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I'm really eager to see him this season. My favorite audition so far and I'm just a classical stan, for sure. 

I'm sure you are a fan of Ryan, so I added your name to the list of fans on the topic first post. oNghnm5.gif

As I mentioned on the spoiler thread before, Ryan is no newbie when it comes to singing shows (and no, I'm not referring to Idol). He was part of a Philippine TV singing competition called I Love OPM, where foreign-born singers compete while singing Filipino songs. I remembered watching this a while back and thinking he was pretty decent, but since he was singing out of his comfort zone, he didn't wow me. I think he sounds 10x better now singing classical/opera music, so I hope he sticks to that genre on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRTVh2cHtF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uanFHDMUNdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_hf0maglqQ

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

As I mentioned on the spoiler thread before, Ryan is no newbie when it comes to singing shows (and no, I'm not referring to Idol). He was part of a Philippine TV singing competition called I Love OPM, where foreign-born singers compete while singing Filipino songs. I remembered watching this a while back and thinking he was pretty decent, but since he was singing out of his comfort zone, he didn't wow me. I think he sounds 10x better now singing classical/opera music, so I hope he sticks to that genre on the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRTVh2cHtF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uanFHDMUNdQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_hf0maglqQ

I viewed one of the videos and he sounded great on that song. It's the 3rd video you shared. Is it originally sang in classical/opera style? Ryan seemed to have performed it with the classical influence.

Just now, season1 said:

I viewed one of the videos and he sounded great on that song. It's the 3rd video you shared. Is it originally sang in classical/opera style? Ryan seemed to have performed it with the classical influence.

He sang Filipino pop ballads throughout the show, but he definitely sang them in an operatic style. It works for the songs, but I can always sense a disconnect from the lyrics when he sings them, which is why I didn't think too much of him then. I hope he locks in on this genre throughout his run, it will make him stand out from the rest of the competition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

He sang Filipino pop ballads throughout the show, but he definitely sang them in an operatic style. It works for the songs, but I can always sense a disconnect from the lyrics when he sings them, which is why I didn't think too much of him then. I hope he locks in on this genre throughout his run, it will make him stand out from the rest of the competition.

I guess not knowing the song and the lyrics, I honed in more on the voice and the style and I think he sang the song very well.  It sounded like a sad song.

8 minutes ago, season1 said:

I guess not knowing the song and the lyrics, I honed in more on the voice and the style and I think he sang the song very well.  It sounded like a sad song.

The title of the third song he sang literally means "Until The End of Eternity", and it's about waiting for someone to return their love even if it takes a lifetime. So I'm glad Ryan got that message across to you! I'm just being nitpicky back then because I know those songs he's singing very well.

His audition performance was also just a perfect showcase for his lower range and vibrato. I love it more every time I rewatched it. I might just have another snowflake this season besides Sid. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Add me !! OMG I super love him ❤️

Added! Glad to have you on #teamRyanG oNghnm5.gif

15 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

The title of the third song he sang literally means "Until The End of Eternity", and it's about waiting for someone to return their love even if it takes a lifetime. So I'm glad Ryan got that message across to you! I'm just being nitpicky back then because I know those songs he's singing very well.

His audition performance was also just a perfect showcase for his lower range and vibrato. I love it more every time I rewatched it. I might just have another snowflake this season besides Sid. 

That is a sad story. :( 

I have many favorite voices this season (again). Ryan is definitely in my top 5, maybe even top 3.

• Thanks 1