Public:

@JC - 1

@goofycilla90 - 1

@Deeee - 3

@Crisis - 8

@Bk1234 - 9

Victoria

pokemon-animated-gif-5.gif

Words cannot express how happy I am this little Pokémon made the finals. As most of you know @NGM cut Pikachu last year in a cruel way which almost made me leave IDF, but I am so glad I decided and furthermore decide to join this rankdown for a second time. If I didn't Pikachu making the finals would have been impossible. :haha: Pikachu has always been my favorite Pokémon and I will attribute that to the anime series. I just have always loved the friendship between Ash and Pikachu. From the episode where Ash and Pikachu met to the scene with all the Spearows. 😭 I was sold from the get go with their journey. :wub: I am just so happy it made the finals and that for me it's a win in itself. ❤️Pikachu is the mascot of the whole Pokémon franchise and is the most well-known Pokémon all over the world so it being in the finals just feels right. Pikachu (Japanese: ピカチュウ Pikachu) is an Electric-type Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Pichu when leveled up with high friendship and evolves into Raichu when exposed to a Thunder Stone. Pikachu is known as the Mouse Pokémon. In Alola, Pikachu as a variant named Alolan Pikachu and in Alola Pikachu will evolve into Alolan Raichu when exposed to a Thunder Stone. Pikachu has a Gigantamax form. Pikachu with the Gigantamax Factor cannot evolve. In Pokémon Yellow, the starter Pikachu will refuse to evolve into Raichu. Pikachu is popularly known as the mascot of the Pokémon franchise and one of Nintendo's major mascots. It is also the game mascot and starter Pokémon of Pokémon Yellow and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu!. It has made numerous appearances on the boxes of spin-off titles. Pikachu is also the starter Pokémon in Pokémon Rumble Blast and Pokémon Rumble World. What a legendary resume for this little mouse. Pikachu is a short, chubby rodent Pokémon. It is covered in yellow fur with two horizontal brown stripes on its back. It has a small mouth, long, pointed ears with black tips, and brown eyes. Each cheek is a red circle that contains a pouch for electricity storage. It has short forearms with five fingers on each paw, and its feet each have three toes. Ash has a Pikachu that he obtained from Professor Oak in Pokémon - I Choose You!, the first episode of the Pokémon anime, which also marked its debut. He is the signature Pokémon of the anime series and has appeared in every non-special episode, with the exception of Time After Time!, and also every Pokémon movie since. In The Climb to Be the Very Best!, he was revealed to be capable of Gigantamaxing. Ash's Pikachu always remains outside of his Poké Ball. Pikachu, like I mentioned has appeared in every animated movie, the whole Super Smash Bros. series, Super Smash Bros., Detective Pikachu voiced by Ryan Reynolds and most recently Katy Perry's music video for the song "Electric". It also appears in Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Stadium. The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade has included three Pikachu balloons. Pikachu is a legend, an icon, and it is the moment. Pikachu will always be the face of the franchise and nothing will ever change that. Nothing but respect for my #1 favorite of all-time. 👏 Ahhhhhhh, I still cannot believe it made it to the finals. :dead: SO HAPPY. Thanks to all of those who made it possible. :wub:

Public (JC)

Duh pika pika will always be my fave ❤️ 

Steven

Lp49dtQ.gif

Classified as the Mouse Pokémon, Pikachu is an Electric type introduced in the first generation of Pokémon. It has a pre-evolved form in Pichu, and Pikachu will evolve into Raichu when exposed to a Thunder Stone. Pikachu is a small rodent-like Pokémon with a tail shaped like a bolt of lightning. According to the Pokédex, Pikachu is a forest-dwelling Pokémon, and it stores electricity in its red cheeks. When a group of Pikachu gather together, their combined efforts could build and cause lightning storms. When Pikachu meets another Pikachu, they will touch their tails together and exchange electricity as a form of greeting.

Pikachu is the mascot of Pokémon. Not only is Pikachu an icon in the world of Pokémon and Nintendo, but it's a pop culture icon. Pikachu is so adorable, and Ash's Pikachu is my favorite character from the anime. Ever since the first episode, Pikachu is the highlight of the anime and is so likable throughout the series. Pikachu's popularity is a big factor for why Pokémon ended up becoming so popular. How could anyone not like Pikachu? Pikachu has appeared in nearly every Pokémon game, and Pikachu even has games dedicated solely to it. Pikachu is also a mainstay in the Super Smash Bros. franchise. As well, Pokémon Detective Pikachu ended up becoming a hit movie. Pikachu's popularity makes it worthy of a Top 20 spot here; this Top 20 would feel incomplete without Pikachu. Maybe a Pikachu win would be too predictable, but I would be fine if Pikachu won this rankdown. I don't think it'll happen, but Pikachu gets a high ranking from me nonetheless. I really like Pikachu a lot, and here Pikachu is in my Top 3.

Hayden

Gigantamax Pikachu Anime Gif

I’m somewhat surprised that Pikachu actually managed to reach the top 20. Being the mascot of the series, you know they’ve automatically got a huge target on their back! So, I think that Pikachu has earned a pretty high ranking for defying the odds. So, Pikachu has had many variations showcased across the series, including the Cosplay Pikachus, various hat-wearing Pikachus, costume-wearing Pikachus (in Go), and having a Gigantamax form in SWSH (my personal favorite. I freaking love chonker Pikachu ❤️ ). Another thing of note about Pikachu is that it is the first Pokemon to use its anime cry in the games as opposed to the original cry. I believe Eevee is the only other Pokemon to do so as of now, though I could be forgetting someone. Anyways, Pikachu has defied a lot of odds to reach this point IMO, and though some people might say Pikachu is overrated, I think between its character in the anime as well as its otherwise stellar design, they’ve certainly earned a lot of the clout.

Megan

11873ece862ba907ea1f72005c765977.gif

giphy.gif

One of the worst losses of the IDF crash that ate everything a year or so ago now is that I lost my write-up on Pikachu. Partially because it would be great to reuse it here and partially because it was just a QUALITY write-up. Full of history and feelings.

I actually feel a little bad for ranking Pikachu this low in my final rankings. But it's a real tough choice with my Top 5/6 kind of solid and then it would really only move up one spot and I figure by this time Rei has already input all my rankings. So if moving it up one spot would increase Pikachu's rankings I APOLOGIZE. 

It's hard to understate how much Pikachu is Pokemon. And how important Pikachu has been for the franchise and its enduring popularity. Making Pikachu the de facto mascot for Pokemon worldwide via the anime was just about the perfect decision. Its design is pretty much perfect and something that can be universally loved by both a core Nintendo audience and broader appeal. It is cute but not cutesy. And it's that aspect which successfully fought agains the desire to make every video game imported from Japan to the US "darker and edgier" (lol compare Mega Man box covers LOL). Marketing Pokemon with Pikachu and successfully doing so help stave that off while also making sure that Pokemon kind of endured as both childhood nostalgia while making it easy for newcomers to jump in.

But back to Pikachu. I love Pikachu. Fat Pikachu, newer and more slender Pikachu, Detective Pikachu. All Pikachus are good. And in turn its design benefits from its popularity. In the video games Pikachu is so expressive compared to others (starting with Pokemon Yellow AKA my first Pokemon game) and its performance in the anime also brings about its relatability. Ash sucks as a trainer but you want him and Pikachu to succeed because of its design and its personality. Pikachu also suceeds for being an electric type which (aside from Brock) ends up being quite useful at the beginning of the game and it's not nearly as an abundant type compared to many of the others meaning that Pikachu and Raichu are going to be some of the best Electric Pokemon you can get, especially in Gen I. (A quick check shows that electric is tied with dragon for rarity).

Look. It's a cute and adorable Pokemon that became the iconic mascot. Not having it in the Top 20 last year was a crime and I'm glad that Victoria was able to prevail this year and save Pikachu to give it the Top 20 placement it deserves.

Rei

128px-Shuffle025.png128px-Shuffle025Angry.png128px-Shuffle025Winking.png128px-Shuffle025Sleeping.png128px-Shuffle025FiredUp.png

128px-Shuffle025Surprised.png128px-Shuffle025Enamored.png128px-Shuffle025Smiling.png128px-Shuffle025Dizzy.png128px-Shuffle025Happy.png

I'm giving my #10 ranking to Pikachu cause let's face it, Pikachu is one of the reasons that the Pokemon Franchise has become what it has. Pikachu is the face of Pokemon and it is such an iconic Pokemon that it's hard not to love it. It is a cute design and it such a compelling character that it is understandable the appeal that it had had in the audience.  Pikachu is an iconic Pokemon and its placement in this top 20 is totally deserved. I'm glad it found its way this time around as it should have been here last year as well. Congratulations to Victoria for finally having her #1 make it all the way and even ranking as high as #4.

Derek

Soooo I was crunching some numbers and was kind of surprised to see that Pikachu actually has a really good chance of doing well in the finals??? Like... unless Nico and Sola are careful, like Pikachu could have a chance at winning???? CAN YOU IMAGINE IF PIKACHU WON THE RANKDOWN???? IT WOULD BE SO RANDOM AND A LEGENDARY MOMENT IN IDF HISTORY. I don't necessarily want Pikachu to win but I can't rank it any lower than this. Pikachu is known around the world. The #1 most famous most iconic Pokemon of all time. The official mascot of the largest, highest grossing media franchise in the world (yes, not just video games but ALL MEDIA OF ALL TIME. Bigger than Disney. Bigger than Hello Kitty. Bigger than Star Wars). Pikachu is obviously super fun in the games, an amazing and distinct character in the anime, etc. etc. etc. etc. I love Pikachu and I was terrified that it would leave the rankdown way too early. BUT IT SURVIVED! Pikachu in the Top 20 is truly a massive moment for IDF and it took a lot of work by Victoria to get it here, so congrats. Early on in the game I stuck Pikachu in the day care I think because it was one that I knew would be targeted early and often. If Pikachu wins, Nico and Sola only have themselves to blame hahahahaha. 

Nico

Overrated pokemon #2. Sadly, the format didn't allow that much space to actually do something about it. It's a middle stage (originally the start of its line) and it evolves into Raichu. Thing is: it's not great in combat. And I never cared for the tv show, so from a game perspective, yeah this never existed to me (neither did Raichu, the only electric pokemon I used and loved in RBY days was Jolteon). It's probably gonna rank high so hoping this is gonna at least put a dent in that.

Sola

I would rather not see PIkachu win this rankdown.  Pikachu was never really a target of mine through 85% of the rankdown.  I am happy it made it here, as it’s good for the series mascot get to the end once.  I am sure there are going to be many deals made for it with rankers and public voters so I expect it to get a high placing.  I am hopeful an equally low ranking from Nico will help normalize Pikachu’s placement.  That said good job getting the Gen 1 electric rat to the final ranking. Shout out to Victoria's mounted defense of it.

• .Rei changed the title to Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - #4 Posted
11 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I think we all knew @NGM’s ranking Pikachu but @Solaris’ constant gong targeting of me when @totes4totes was the only who most got rid of all his favorites his predictable. :dead: All bark and not bite in this rankdown. :giggle:

Big respect to @totes4totes for having @Solaris scared of out of his wits to go after his favorited. RESPECT. :wub:

no ones scared boo boo.  🙂 

Just now, 1234567890 said:

Everyone thinks otherwise. :dead:

well everyone knows what ive accomplished as a ranker over these rankdowns, so they would be fools thinking that. I do what I want, always have, always will.

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

well everyone knows what ive accomplished as a ranker over these rankdowns, so they would be fools thinking that. I do what I want, always have, always will.

We know. Getting your favorite a low ranking. :wub: :haha:

• Haha 1