tumblr_mpycfrl3F31rhbzxyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mt36jbr48y1qd87hlo1_500.gif

tumblr_nej5winQ8F1ttdkobo3_400.gifv

tumblr_pdksnt6dUF1rd4ymxo4_500.gifv

tumblr_p74bda6RDF1rd4ymxo2_500.gifv

ccde1ead2c2d033f9c085fd18858579a.gif

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

My all-time favorite Pokemon made it to the end??

200.gif

Flygon being the last Ground Pokemon Standing?

yas.gif

Flygon being the last Dragon Pokemon Standing?

tenor.gif?itemid=5439841

Flygon being the last Gen III Pokemon standing?

dfa5e31034fd51ac598d0812b4d57b89.gif

Flygon being the last non Gen I & II Pokemon left?

200.gif

Flygon placing at Top 5??????????????????? 😭😭

6TWk.gif

This is definitely my favorite moment of this rankdown. Me not even playing and my all-time favorite finished at #5?? One of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in a rankdown.

I seriously wasn't expecting this at all. I always thought Flygon was gonna be cut around the 50's cause even though I knew Hayden and Sola liked it, I also knew that Megan would have cut it given the right opportunity. I just didn't anticipated that the Power of my Avatar would help this little guy to survive all the way and making to #5 :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

If you didn't know by now, Flygon is my favorite Pokemon of all-time so I'm obviously thrilled that it ends up here in the Top 5. Flygon is this amazing Pokemon based on the Antlions insect Species with some elements from the Dragonflies. Some of the species of dragonflies are commonly called "sand dragons" which is probably the reason of the Dragon/Ground typing of Flygon, so nope, it's not a senseless typing 🙂 . Obviously the Bug/Dragon typing would have been amazing but this doesn't take any of my love away from Flygon. Flygon family line starts with the super cute Trapinch who makes its way to the also cute and extremely underrrated Vibrava and eventually becomes the incredible powerhouse that is Flygon.

128px-Shuffle328.png -> 128px-Shuffle329.png -> 128px-Shuffle330.png

Spr_5b_328.pngSpr_5b_329.pngSpr_5b_330.png

Ugh such a perfect line :wub:

1eff7f74e1c513cd799c96b1e951d0bd.gif

If Pokemon exited I would definitely have a Trapinch, Vibraba and Flygon in my party at the same time ❤️.

Like I've told several times before, I don't care about how useful is a Pokemon or their stats. But even if you go for that, Flygon is an amazing addition to any team. 520 BTS, 2 Immunities and 3 Resistances. Great Attack Pool by leveling up. And add that to a perfecty design Pokemon. Seriously, what's not to love about Flygon??????

Gen III really did that by giving us the best Pokemon ever! 💞

Before I finish I want to thank everyone of my rankers that did not cut Flygon because you either love it or love me too much :wub:.

I love you all 💕

Hayden

FLYGON!!! Mega??? | Pokémon Amino

I got your back, Rei lol. I have to say Flygon is probably my favorite dragon type of all time. It’s the closest I have to actually having a bug-dragon, which certainly helps its case. It’s got influences from antlions and mantids as far as bugs go. I’m still lowkey bitter that Flygon didn’t get a mega evolution, but it is said to have happened due to Ken Sugimori having artist’s block at the time, which I understand tbh. Flygon’s got pretty solid stats all around, with them ranging from 80 to 100. They have a pretty great movepool as well, learning dragon, ground, fighting, dark, normal, ghost, and rock moves through level-up. One particular memory I have of Flygon is in the Jirachi: Wish Maker movie where a Flygon played a relatively important role in battling the Fake Groudon towards the end of the movie. I’ve been kinda having vibes that Flygon might not be the most popular Pokemon in the top 20, but I’m a huge fan so I’m hoping that this top 3 ranking helps them perform well!

Sola

King, one of my Top 10 Pokémon.  I love him so much, and I love my shiny Flygon in Sword/Shield.  Flygon is a ground and dragon Pokémon, with a great attack and speed stat.  My Flygon loves to spam earthquake, and I have no regrets.  I gave it immunity early on for Rei, but also for me.  I am probably the highest ranker of this outside of Rei, but I hope that it can break the Top 10.  Flygon gets the levitate ability, so it’s immune from Ground type attacks.  It is also immune to electric attacks. It only has three weaknesses and three resistances, making it a well-rounded teammate.

Nico

Rei deleting my vote in 3, 2, 1... I like Flygon and think it's a pretty good representative of what well-balanced dragon types can be. It has a great design (it's arguably one of the best in the entire series), solid but not amazing stats across the board, and is pretty versatile as far as movepool goes. TBC

Steven

c31996a0a371178e9d8d2477ef7fa753.gif

Classified as the Mystic Pokémon, Flygon is a dual Dragon and Ground type introduced in Gen III. It is the final evolutionary form of Trapinch. Flygon is an insectoid dragon whose name and appearance resembles a dragonfly. According to the Pokédex, Flygon is known as "the elemental spirit of the desert." Flygon causes sandstorms while flapping its wings in flight, and Flygon tends to hide in these sandstorms to not be seen. The flapping of its wings will cause a sound akin to singing, giving Flygon its nickname as the Desert Spirit. Anyway, I do like Flygon, even if I eliminated in the first Pokémon rankdown. That was just so Milotic could win the Gen III title, but I made sure to leave Flygon alone this time (especially after realizing its Rei's favorite Pokémon). Flygon is actually one of my favorite Gen III Pokémon, but other Pokémon from that generation do outrank Flygon for me. I prefer Milotic, Gardevoir, Latias, Latios, Salamence, and Rayquaza. But I did have Flygon as team member in my Gen III games. It's such a cool Pokémon, and I do like Dragon types. Even though I should probably tank Flygon to give Dragonite a better chance winning the Dragon title, I guess I like Flygon too much to tank it. So here it is at #9 on my ranking. 

Derek

Rei's subliminal messaging with his avatar since before the rankdown started and also his directly stated demands after the rankdown started have resulted in his dreams coming true: Flygon in the finals! Despite Megan's Gen III agenda and Derek's unexpected "kill all Rei's faves" agenda, Flygon has made it through the fire and lasted until the end. I think it has a pretty decent chance of making the Top 10! We shall see. Flygon is one of those Pokemon that struggles with what type it should be. Dragon? Ground because desert and sandstorms? Flying because wings and its name? Bug because it's a antlion / dragonfly Pokemon?????? Pokemon says it is ground/dragon. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO wrong. It should have been bug/dragon. OBVIOUSLY. I don't care that Trapinch lives in the ground and Flygon lives in the desert and controls sandstorms. Garchomp already came along to be the ground/dragon Pokemon. Flygon should have been bug/dragon. It would have been amazing. I also remember a time when I thought Vibrava was going to be Yanma's evolution but that didn't work out. Dragon/Ground is just a boooooo typing and bug/dragon could have been epic. Missed opportunity. Anyway, Flygon is not a personal fave but I have no problem with it in the finals and I'm glad Rei was able to get some joy after I killed all his other faves lol.

Victoria

PointlessHandmadeDonkey-size_restricted.

I'm sorry @.Rei this is the highest that I can rank Flygon. :dead: You can't be mad at me because I was seriously considering cutting it, but in the end I couldn't do it to you. I kept it and it made the finals so be happy with that. 😘 When I was doing my rankings I honestly forget about Flygon so it kind of lucked out with being ranked number 12. :stealth:Flygon is a dual-type Ground/Dragon Pokémon introduced in Generation III. It evolves from Vibrava starting at level 45. It is the final form of Trapinch. Flygon is known at the Mystic Pokémon. Flygon is a Pokémon that resembles a slightly insectoid, bipedal dragon. I know @totes4totes is devastated that another Gen III Pokémon is not in my Top 10. :giggle:I'm assuming this is @.Rei's favorite Pokémon so I'm glad the host is able to have his favorite in the Top 20. ❤️

Public (JC)

This is an interesting looking pokemon, not sure how I feel about it so it lands here.

Megan

PointlessHandmadeDonkey-size_restricted.

Was gonna rank Flygon last and it was my easiest and most obvious choice for final cut. BUT I HAVE IT HERE JUST FOR YOU REI. I didn't cut it and I didn't rank it last. That's the best I can do. I mean of these three Gen III Pokemon I couldn't kill in this rankdown for various reasons this is the one of my being the kindest and most generous ranker alive. I mean. I have active negative feelings towards Flygon for being in Gen III and for its name being a mashup of Flying-Dragon and it not being a flying type. Or a bug type referencing the house fly. No it's a ground-type making the inferior ground/dragon to the Garchomp line. Shark-planes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just now, .Rei said:

405d74d149b4d9e23de02c92ff86ac58.png

330.png

AVG: 8.89

Rankings:

@.Rei - 1

@hayden98 - 3

@Solaris - 3

@NGM - 8

@Steven_ - 9

@FrogLenzen - 10

@1234567890 - 12