Public:

@goofycilla90 - 12

@Crisis - 12

@JC - 14

@Bk1234 - 16

@Deeee - 20

Hayden

Larvesta to Volcarona | Pokemon, Pokemon pictures, Cute pikachu

My ultimate goal was to drag Caterpie and Volcarona to the top 20, and I am absolutely thrilled that I at least got one of them here! I remember being absolutely floored when Volcarona was introduced. Giant moth residing in an ancient castle area? Count me in! Volcarona’s said to have been an embodiment of the sun for ancient people in the world of Pokemon. While its physical stats are just good, it’s special stats and speed are all brilliant, being at least 100. Volcarona is also special enough to have its own signature move in Fiery Dance. The only negative thing I can think to say about Volcarona is that it doesn’t evolve from Larvesta until level fifty-nine! At the same time, I can get the appeal of it being a Pokemon that needs extra time. I mean, it’s revered. I’ve spent the entire rankdown praising Caterpie in particular, but depending on the day, Volcarona might actually take the spot of my favorite bug Pokemon. It’s really an amazing ‘mon.

Derek

Volcarona is my #1 favorite Pokemon outside of Gen I and Gen II. Getting Volcarona into the Top 20 and with the highest rank possible has been one of my top goals since before the rankdown even started. Hayden choosing Larvesta as his starter was one of the best moments ever for me hahahahaha. Hopefully Hayden has Volcarona as #1. I don't think I've been very subtle about my advocacy for Volcarona in the thread, but who knows how I've come across. I know my allies certainly heard my pleas for Volcarona in our chats throughout the game. There's just something about Volcarona... the Mothra of Pokemon. The very first and best fire/bug type. Evolves from Larvesta at LEVEL 59, higher than any other 2-stage Pokemon line. It just screams legendary royalty bow down powerful rich epic amazing. Its design is untouchable. It gets a great moveset and has great stats. Taking out legendary/mythical/ultrabeasts/mega/pseudo/forms, the Pokemon with the highest base stat totals are Slaking, Archeops, Arcanine, Florges, and VOLCARONA. Hurricane, Fire Blast, Double-Edge, Bug Buzz. I think there's a decent chance that Volcarona can make Top 10 and possibly take the Bug title. I know there are some other undercover Volcarona fans out there. Hopefully the public vote doesn't kill this thing lol. Volcarona FTW, and I'm hoping it is the highest ranked Pokemon outside of Gen I and Gen II in the rankdown.

Nico

While I'm not huge on some of the early generations bug pokemon (mostly bc they got paid dust by devs in being usable in the meta), it's kinda undeniable that they have put significantly more effort in the typing as generations have passed (not just introducing new pokemon, but new moves, abilities, etc). Gen IV and V is where you start to see a stronger push imo, and Volcarona is one of the core examples of that. While it's a really late game addition (and what keeps it from being higher for me) this thing is a beast. Super high stats, can use Quiver Dance to sweep like a mf, has a solid ability and really good movepool. The worst thing it has is that rock type attacks can take it out really quickly, but it has enough to defend itself that it's not a major issue.

Sola

The last Gen 5 standing.  I would say it’s deserving as its one of the only likable Gen 5 Pokémon, beside Chandelure and Zebstrika.  Volcarona is the evolution of Larvesta, and it is a fire and bug Pokémon.  It’s also Hayden’s starter.  I am ranking it this high for Hayden obviously.  I also love that it has flame body.  It’s always in my party when I try to hatch eggs.

Rei

128px-Shuffle637.png

What an Iconic Journey!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub: Volcarona is easily one of the best Bugs from any generation, if is not the best and it is my 2nd favorite Gen V Pokemon after Excadrill. A brilliant typing, brilliant desing, brilliant stats. Volcarona is just a beast and deserving of every praise and those super high rankings it got. Part of me is sad that I submitted the rankings earlier cause I would have definitely given a boost to Volcarona and help it make it the top 5. Major congratulations to Hayden for keeping this baby alive and Derek for being a secret fan that also helped Volcarona to survive behind the scenes. Volcarona you did it babe!!! :wub:

Megan

28a71eff044929714fac84a23f1e39579a3c4411

A big ol' fire breathing moth. Where does the fire come from? IDK. Where is it's mouth? IDK. Hayden this ranking is for you! This is no where near 50 words. It's a big ol' bug. It's not beautiful. But it is cool. This is probably 50 words.

Victoria

tumblr_inline_pkmbg2kYPU1s1rwgw_500.gifv

Congrats to @hayden98 for getting Volcarona into the finals. I would have normally voted this Pokémon last, but I made a deal with @hayden98 for a top half vote so here it lands. I've never been a fan of Volcarona and only kept it around for Hayden. I think @FrogLenzen likes it too? Correct me if I am wrong. :haha: Volcarona is a dual-type Bug/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Larvesta starting at level 59. Volcarona is known as the Sun Pokémon. Volcarona is a large, moth-like Pokémon with four small feet. It appears to have compound eyes that are two shades of blue, and there is a red horn-like structure on each side of its face. Volcarona is both on a moth. A volcanic moth? :haha: Hayden should be super proud of getting Volcarona this far especially after the 1-2 punch he received from @NGM regarding Caterpie and Butterfree.

Public (JC)

I love the sun concept and the visual is interesting, but I am just not sold, it looks strange.

Steven

130429.gif

Classified as the Sun Pokémon, Volcarona is the evolved form of Larvesta. Volcarona is a Fire and Flying type introduced in Gen V. Volcarona resembles a large moth and a tiger lily. According to the Pokédex, Volcarona was feared by ancient people who called it the "rage of the sun." However, there is a legend that says Volcarona was born from a flaming cocoon that was meant to save people and Pokémon suffering from the cold. Volcarona seems to be a misunderstood Pokémon as it's both feared due to its fire-making powers and revered as a deity trying to save those from the cold. Anyway, sorry to any Volcarona fans, but it is my least favorite Pokémon in this Top 20. Its design isn't very appealing, and I don't recall ever trying out one in battle (even after capturing one). Therefore, it's lands at the bottom of my ranking.

Edited by .Rei

1 minute ago, .Rei said:

b3088989ec3e678710545402189f9101.png

637.png

AVG: 9.44

Rankings:

@hayden98 - 2

@FrogLenzen - 2

@NGM - 6

@Solaris - 8

@.Rei - 9

@totes4totes - 10

@1234567890 - 10

@Public - 18

@Steven_ - 20

Public:

@goofycilla90 - 12

@Crisis - 12

@JC - 14

@Bk1234 - 16

@Deeee - 20

Hayden

Derek

Nico

Sola

Rei

Megan

28a71eff044929714fac84a23f1e39579a3c4411

A big ol' fire breathing moth. Where does the fire come from? IDK. Where is it's mouth? IDK. Hayden this ranking is for you! This is no where near 50 words. It's a big ol' bug. It's not beautiful. But it is cool. This is probably 50 words.

Victoria

tumblr_inline_pkmbg2kYPU1s1rwgw_500.gifv

Congrats to @hayden98 for getting Volcarona into the finals. I would have normally voted this Pokémon last, but I made a deal with @hayden98 for a top half vote so here it lands. I've never been a fan of Volcarona and only kept it around for Hayden. I think @FrogLenzen likes it too? Correct me if I am wrong. :haha: Volcarona is a dual-type Bug/Fire Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Larvesta starting at level 59. Volcarona is known as the Sun Pokémon. Volcarona is a large, moth-like Pokémon with four small feet. It appears to have compound eyes that are two shades of blue, and there is a red horn-like structure on each side of its face. Volcarona is both on a moth. A volcanic moth? :haha: Hayden should be super proud of getting Volcarona this far especially after the 1-2 punch he received from @NGM regarding Caterpie and Butterfree.

Public (JC)

Steven

130429.gif

Classified as the Sun Pokémon, Volcarona is the evolved form of Larvesta. Volcarona is a Fire and Flying type introduced in Gen V. Volcarona resembles a large moth and a tiger lily. According to the Pokédex, Volcarona was feared by ancient people who called it the "rage of the sun." However, there is a legend that says Volcarona was born from a flaming cocoon that was meant to save people and Pokémon suffering from the cold. Volcarona seems to be a misunderstood Pokémon as it's both feared due to its fire-making powers and revered as a deity trying to save those from the cold. Anyway, sorry to any Volcarona fans, but it is my least favorite Pokémon in this Top 20. Its design isn't very appealing, and I don't recall ever trying out one in battle (even after capturing one). Therefore, it's lands at the bottom of my ranking.

I’m surprised it got this high! 😮 

Yay my lowest rank left showing up ❤️  It’s definitely an interesting concept but I would have preferred something not so ugly in the middle.

Psychic and Gen I holding strong as the only categories left without a determined winner!

Rooting for an all Gen I final four obvs :wub:

I couldn't EXPLICITLY tell y'all that it was my favorite, so I had to say --wink wink-- I really hope Volcarona gets the bug title over Scizor... --nudge nudge-- wouldn't it be nice to do Hayden a favor... --hint hint--

(and Steven STILL ranks it last place even after I saved Dragonite smh)

Just now, FrogLenzen said:

omg hahaha you guys should have seen the happy dance I did when Volcarona got the fire title!!!!!!!!!!!!! Exceeded my expectations there

definitely an iconic moment :wub:

I had such a hard time ranking Noivern, Gardevoir, Volcarona, Crobat and Infernape that they could all easily be swaped with each other. Given what I know now I would have ranked Volcarona at number 6 to help its ranking a bit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I couldn't EXPLICITLY tell y'all that it was my favorite, so I had to say --wink wink-- I really hope Volcarona gets the bug title over Scizor... --nudge nudge-- wouldn't it be nice to do Hayden a favor... --hint hint--

You did a good job hiding behind @hayden98's like for it because I had no idea you would ever rank it #2. :dead:

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Me laughing at Flygon squeaking by for each reveal but then it beats my favorite:

Haha Wtf GIFs | Tenor

it is one of my major accomplishments in a rankdown ever :wub:

well also that time when me and @*Diana carried Kayla all the way to #4 and prevented Jeanine from winning :wub: 

Edited by .Rei
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

I just thought you had an appreciation for Volcarona. I didn’t know you liked it that much. 🤷‍♂️ 

At least I didn’t cut Volcarona in final cuts (which was what I wanted to do). 🙃