Pokémon Rankdown 2.0 - Winner Announced!! Page 368

.Rei

Kingdra

Spr_3e_230.png

Kingdra is a dual-type Water/Dragon Pokémon introduced in Generation II. It evolves from Seadra when traded holding a Dragon Scale. It is the final form of Horsea. @NGM doesn't like Pokémon that require trading for evolution so maybe he approves of this cut? :dead: Kingdra is known as the Dragon Pokémon. Kingdra is a large, seahorse-like Pokémon with a tightly curled tail. It is covered in blue scales except for its yellow, compact belly scales. Kingdra is known to have fierce battles with Dragonite whenever they meet. Damn, I did not know that they had beef. :dead: Kingdra is the only Dragon-type Pokémon introduced in Generation II. Kingdra may be a combination of king and dragon or hydra and is based on a seahorse/the weedy seadragon.

Save: Sandslash

• Like 1

Tirtouga

Image result for Tirtouga gif

Tirtouga is a fossil pokemon from Generation 5.  It comes from the Cover Fossil.  Tirtouga is a turtle pokemon becomes Carracosta at level 37.  It is a rock type pokemon like most fossils unfortunately and it is also a water type pokemon.  Basically Omanyte.  Tirtouga has 4 weaknesses including a 4 times weakness to grass.  Its got a couple resistances.  Tirtouga gets swift swim isn't great on it, as its slow as balls, and doubling that speed in rain, still makes it slow as balls.  I like its name, thats about all I think about Tirtouga at this point. So bye!

Save: Calyrex

YANMEGA

107fa6397dc43d98c15f46b6719217f4d85c7948_hq.gif

Yanmega is a dual Bug and Flying type introduced in Gen IV. Gen IV introduced quite a few new evolutionary forms of Pokémon from previous generations, which includes Yanmega. Yanmega is the evolved form of Yanma. Yanma evolves into Yanmega when it is leveled up while knowing the move Ancient Power, which it learns at level 33. Classified as the Ogre Darner Pokémon, Yanmega is a large, dragonfly-like Pokémon. According to the Pokédex, Yanmega has a powerful jaw capable of biting its foes while flying at high speeds. Yanmega is also strong enough to carry an adult in its six legs during flight. As for battles, Yanmega has high Speed and Special Attack stats, but its typing leaves it vulnerable to a lot of super effective moves. I've never used a Yanmega in any of my teams, but I do have a high CP Yanmega in Pokémon GO that I use a lot when I have to go against a Psychic type. However, Yanmega is still not a Pokémon I consider a favorite of mine, so out it goes from the rankdown now.

Saving Kecleon.

b59ec372c72add03dca6ab91a16dd097db64cc54_hq.gif

Chespin

Image result for chespin gif

Seeing the relatableness of this gif almost makes me regret cutting Chespin. Almost. I think Chespin is cute and while I was always going to pick Fennekin as my XY starter, I thought all three were winners. I was not feeling either of Chespin's evolutions unfortunately so unless I refuse to evolve them, I can't see myself ever going with Chespin in a future playthrough. Anyways, to date, Chespin has really only had a role in XY, with it needing to be traded to SM and USUM and being completely cut out of Let's Go and SWSH. Chespin's name comes from combining chestnut and pin, in addition to a few other possibilities. It's Japanese name, Harimaron, is a combination of harinezumi, the Japanese word for hedgehog, hari (needle), and marron (French for chestnut). Sorry if there are any huge Chespin fans out there, but this was the easiest cut for me to make.

Saving Image result for sneasel gif

tenor.gif?itemid=18364493

Darkrai

I am 99% sure I cut Darkrai last rankdown and IDF is so cruel that it ate itself and won't let me copy and paste my write-up. LOL. To be fair Darkrai's write-up is probably 100% about Cresselia because I was mad at Sola for cutting Mareep. Darkrai, as its name implies, is a dark-type mythical Pokemon from Gen IV that acts as a counterpart to Cresselia. It has the signature ability "Bad Dreams" as part of its dark nature which causes sleeping Pokemon to lose 1/8 of their total HP each turn. But it doesn't maliciously cause unending nightmares but rather it's a defense mechanism (LIKELY STORY). Anyway, you know the drill. Mythical Pokemon have 600BST. It's a pure dark-type. It's powerful. Blah. Blah. Blah. I can't believe I got assigned Maxie who is the WORST and I demand a REASSIGNMENT. 

Saving: Haxorus

• Haha 1

Aggron

CalculatingCourteousDalmatian-small.gif

I never really got or liked this Pokemon line. Aggron is probably the most unappealing out of the Pokemon in this line. It is bulky and its face is quite disgusting once you get to look at it. I think this is a Rock/Steel type (I'm too lazy to check), so it looks my general dislike of rock types is shining through once again. Also, can someone explain to me why this thing is shooting fire in this GIF? Would that not burn this thing to a crisp? Pokemon are very confusing, and this GIF is clear evidence of that. Aggron also has a Mega evolution which is all the bad things I mentioned, but multiplied by 1000.

Save: Xerneas