The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

15 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I’m saying shame because many predicted and were sure that he was going to win.

Lol no shame whatsoever. We don't have an actual crystal ball. This are just innocent predictions.

I've said before: I believe Kenzie is in the lead now, but Cam definitely still has a chance of taking it. 

Just now, jus.vshn said:

Because usually when people are confident/sure/adamant on a point and they are proven wrong, they can be shamed/disappointed. 

I’m old enough to remember a certain someone making a big deal about someone’s leaked blind audition views. 

7 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’m old enough to remember a certain someone making a big deal about someone’s leaked blind audition views. 

Your meaning Victor? Or Tamara? Because I never was confident/sure that they were going to be winners LMAO so I don’t get your point.

Before another argument emerges and poor intersay has the lock the thread again, I'll just say that most of IDF (I want to think everyone, but I know its not true) won't be losing sleep worrying who will win. If Cam does, there will probably be a big celebration. If Kenzie does, IDF probably wont be mad (sans a few ones) because they already would have seen it coming.

Personally, I dont care who wins, they are my top 2 either way. I wouldnt mind Pete or Corey taking as well, although it's much less likely.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Your meaning Victor? Or Tamara? Because I never was confident/sure that they were going to be winners LMAO so I don’t get your point.

I’m talking about Victor’s views. We heard about it non-stop for about a week. It’s OK, though. By the way, I’ve never been “confident” of Kenzie winning. I’ve only said he probably has the best shot right now. There’s a difference. He’s not a perfect contestant, and I’ve pointed that out many times. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Lol no shame whatsoever. We don't have an actual crystal ball. This are just innocent predictions.

I've said before: I believe Kenzie is in the lead now, but Cam definitely still has a chance of taking it. 

Cam is so..so..so good. (Again, assuming he sounds the same live). 

And Blake is the absolute perfect coach for him. Cam's problems on the show were going to come from two different areas. 

1. Genre - he's current R&B

2. Singing style - he likes runs, as many very talented young vocalists do. See Xtina. The problem is, that doesn't appeal to viewers as much..and you can over do it. 

Blake is going to help him choose songs that will appeal to the audience and stay in his lane. (Chloe..) Those song choices are going to bother IDF, but team minivan will like it. Blake is also likely to have been the only coach to tell him to tone it down with the runs, which will actually help his growth. Again, it's understandable when you can sing like that..and do all of that with your voice, to do it all the time. It's like when a basketball player learns how to dunk. But he will actually grow as a vocalist with Blake. He's got everything else down..emotion, performance, pitch, dynamics...it's just that last piece. 

Then, because he's team Blake..he will have that advantage. 

I don't know if this outdoes Kenzie. I actually think Blake would have needed a few more live shows. But it'll be close. 

I think that Kenzie has a good chance of winning, but I don't think I'm as confident as the rest of y'all on here, just 'cause his support doesn't seem to be too incredible. If he wins, congrats to y'all for being right lmao, but I think it would be a "winning the battle but losing the war" moment for many people who prefer Cam to Kenzie here.

• Like 1

Song choice is crucial. If Cam gets songs like "Lay Me Down" or "Feeling Good" and manages to get support from that, I could see him taking it. Of course it also depends on the songs Kenzie gets as well. And most importantly, if they both actually deliver live.

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

If Kenzie sings a country ballad at some point and nails it, it’s 99% over. If he goes uptempo or bro-country every round I would say Cam has a shot. 

What Cam needs to win: A showtune similar to "Feeling Good"; and bring out all the stops in it.

What Kenzie needs to win: "He Stopped Loving Her Today", and he needs to do it some serious justice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

What Cam needs to win: A showtune similar to "Feeling Good"; and bring out all the stops in it.

What Kenzie needs to win: "He Stopped Loving Her Today", and he needs to do it some serious justice.

The real winner...which ever one of them sings a God song first. 

Advantage Team Blake, but Kelly isn't dumb. 

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

We base a lot on previous audience voting behavior. Kenzie and Cam are both very good. Kenzie is the only remaining country singer, and Cam is Team Blake. Thus, they are considered by many to be threats to win it all. Kenzie has a stronger grip on the PV than Cam does, IMO. 

Exactly - but I also expect Blake to rally the tropes and shove them in the right direction. And that typically works. He may also run a bus over Pete. 

Kelly has an excellent team, but Kenzie is a really good country singer. And you just don't beat really good country singers. 

1 minute ago, mercfan3 said:

Exactly - but I also expect Blake to rally the tropes and shove them in the right direction. And that typically works. He may also run a bus over Pete. 

It could be possible, but I don´t think Blake has sent his bat signal for anyone yet. Cam is the most hyped, but Blake hasn´t exactly said he´s the winner (he didn´t even stand up for him in his KO). The same thing goes with Pete, even though he knows him.

7 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

The real winner...which ever one of them sings a God song first. 

Advantage Team Blake, but Kelly isn't dumb. 

Cam closing the finale (or maybe Top 9) with a God song would make sense. Kenzie on the other hand... Kelly is a fighter but I don’t think she can get away with giving him something like Go Rest High On That Mountain :haha: (watch Kenzie get this eventually)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

Cam closing the finale (or maybe Top 9) with a God song would make sense. Kenzie on the other hand... Kelly is a fighter but I don’t think she can get away with giving him something like Go Rest High On That Mountain :haha: (watch Kenzie get this eventually)

Cam's gonna close it down with "Hallelujah" on Semi night. 😆 Not even a real God song, but the whole audience thinks it is..

13 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Kelly has an excellent team, but Kenzie is a really good country singer. And you just don't beat really good country singers. 

He’s a really good country singer, but for some reason, he’s not nearly the Facebook darling that Todd, Hoot, or Chevel were. I’ll go as far as to say Minivan has been luke warm to him. Do I still think he’s the favorite? Yes. 

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He’s a really good country singer, but for some reason, he’s not nearly the Facebook darling that Todd, Hoot, or Chevel were. I’ll go as far as to say Minivan has been luke warm to him. Do I still think he’s the favorite? Yes. 

I think that has to do with who Blake has. 

Because the other side is..it's tough to beat Blake when he has a great contestant. Cam appears to be a "once in every couple of seasons..Tessanne, Alisan, Maelyn" type of contestant...it's gonna be interesting. 

• Like 2

I have a strange gut feeling when it comes to Kenzie, like if everyone expects him to win so much that some real underestimating is at works. It's like my rational/logical side goes for Kenzie, but my gut points me to Cam or a dark horse taking it all. 

But I do believe this season is between Blake and Kelly, though. In all scenarios. And I'd rather see Kelly getting her 4th win pre-ariana than Blake getting his 8th (?)

But minivan is warm towards Kenzie because of the previous country singers. Now that he is the only one we'll see if the trend continues. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He doesn't exactly have the type of personality than they adore I guess.

• Like 1

I have something to say tho... I really think  if Corey gets a huge emotional ballad he can definitely close the PO while Kenzie starts off Team Kelly. I really don’t see Kenzie going more emotional and actually starting singing Bro Country. It’s just my opinion tbh, if he does well dang i was wrong LMFAOO

13 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I think that has to do with who Blake has. 

Because the other side is..it's tough to beat Blake when he has a great contestant. Cam appears to be a "once in every couple of seasons..Tessanne, Alisan, Maelyn" type of contestant...it's gonna be interesting. 

They’re also luke warm to Cam. Nobody is really a minivan favorite at this point. 

• Like 1

I´ll go as far to say that had Ethan stayed on the show, he would have most likely beaten Kenzie. Minivan loved him, and now that he´s gone, it´s shown even more. 

But Kenzie still has support. Yeah, not exactly the ones previous country singers have (mainly for the fact that other solid country singers were in this season too), but he definitely benefits to having that lane for himself now. 

• Like 1