Harshest coaches comments

Misirlou

I remember that the coaches were very harsh to Jean Kelley back in S7 playoffs, but I don’t remember the specifics.

The thing with this show is that any minimal criticism sounds very rude because the coaches tend to praise every performance, so when they actually say something negative it sounds extremely out of place.

Edited by Daillon

2 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

"I hate this country"

-Adam Levine

I always thought that he kind of meant that a bit towards Amber and it made me sad. Especially after she delivered that slayage of "Skyfall", she 100% deserved to move on over Judith and Sarah's flop songs(and performances)

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

I always thought that he kind of meant that a bit towards Amber and it made me sad. Especially after she delivered that slayage of "Skyfall", she 100% deserved to move on over Judith and Sarah's flop songs(and performances)

It was probably meant for the Team Blake’s dominance (which started that season). Adam adored Amber.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

Just now, Daillon said:

It was probably meant for the Team Blake’s dominance (which started thhat that season). Adam adored Amber.

Well he could have said that after Blake's whole team got through. Not literally, right after AMBER advanced. I think it was the country dominance, but it just seemed like he blamed that a little bit on Amber too.

Christina vs. Tony Lucca and Christina vs. Melanie Martinez are the only actual "rivalries" I can think of on the show, but I imagine they were played up for drama.

I believe we've had some instances of coaches giving pretty harsh feedback regarding song choice, etc. - but I think those comments rarely make it to the final cut? I believe Adam criticized Moushumi for her choice of New America in S10, citing how inappropriate the song was (loool)

And then... well maybe we'll wait and see which KO gets cut this season. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rodney said:

No, he didn't. Judith and Sarah were his girls that season.  She didn't care a lick about Amber.

I agree at the start his fav was JUDITH but as the season went Judith and Sarah(wild horses was great though) started flopping while Amber was improving day by day. Adam's reaction on Amber's performances says it all( especially on STAY). He was so emotionally connected with her just like he was with Christina and Tessanne.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 9:04 AM, Someone648 said:

Christina vs. Tony Lucca

Lol S2 was so hilarious I remember in the blinds CeeLo said to both Adam and Christina 

You guys should get a room already

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Haha 1