@Elliott - 6

@*Wallace - 7

@FrogLenzen - 8

@*Chris - 9

@~Tom~ - 11

@JC - 14

@Solaris - 14

LILY

So my #2 ranking is going to our first crowned queen of 2020, the one and only Essence of Beauty... Jaida Essence Hall!  Ahh I'm SO happy Jaida has made the top 15 of this rankdown and feel it's so deserved. My love for Jaida is such a unique one for me because she was a queen who I had been following a couple years prior to Drag Race. I remember thinking she was so stunning and a great performer, and she was the one queen I really wanted to see make it to a season. So I was ecstatic to see her appear on Season 12. And it's crazy to think she was a last-minute addition!

Despite this, Jaida absolutely killed it on Season 12. In my head, I had kinda resigned myself to the idea early on that Jaida was gonna fill that 'pageant queen finalist' position that my previous faves such as Asia and A'Keria had filled in recent seasons. But there was definitely something amazing and unique about Jaida from the beginning. In her first episode, she crushes it - she clashes with S****y which is an immediate win in all our books. Then she does a brilliant job in the performance, her look is gorgeous and she then slays the lip-sync.

Over the season, Jaida continuously has a great run. Between the ball, her Madonna performance, and her Droop ad... she has a run of great challenge performances, all the while delivering so many gorgeous looks, the majority of which she made! And then Jaida really steps it up in the end half of the season, winning the debate challenge with a lot of quotable, iconic moments. She also does a brilliant job in the makeover and wins. Her only real set-back is the one-woman show, which she redeems herself with in an excellent "1999" lip-sync, which we should all be paying more respect (I know Elliott agrees!).

Going into the finale, I was really hopeful Jaida would pull it out of the bag. All three finalists had a good amount of support - Crystal seemed to be the fan favorite but I felt her run was the weaker of the three, and then Gigi just felt a little inconsistent by the end. I felt that Jaida really delivered from start to finish, and I was so happy to see her take the win! It's sad she didn't get to have that big win that other winners have got because of the circumstances, but I hope we'll get to see her come back in the future looking like the essence of beauty as ever.

ANDREW

Prior to Season 12, I wasn't really sure who my favourite would end up being, but after the Sh*rry P*e controversy came out and Jaida demolished her in the first lip sync, I knew the deed was done. Elliott and I were at our local gay bar that night and the crowd erupted in cheers when Ru announced that she won and in that moment, I was prepared to stan forever and I'm so glad she was worth stanning. She brought some phenomenal looks to the runway, especially her Purple, Ball and MIchelle Visage Looks, and she also gave us some great moments like her finale lipsync, her Prince lipsync with Heidi and her political challenge win. She did feel like a bit of an underdog to Gigi, but as we neared the finale, I was convinced in my heart of hearts that she was the rightful winner and I'm so glad that that turned out to be the case. I'm ranking her high because Season 12 was one of the best seasons we've had in a while and she truly deserve her win. Her, Shea and Pri winning in the same year is almost too much perfection. I don't know how next year's group of winners will ever come close to that.

giphy.gif

ANDY

Absolutely incredible winner and one of the most polished and confident queens I can think of. She knew exactly what she wanted to bring to the competition and slayed virtually every single week, both in challenges and on the runway. I’m so glad we got to see two regular season lipsyncs as well as what we got in the finale. Jaida’s Stars and Stripes and color purple runways stick out in my mind as some of the best runway looks ever. Jaida’s performance in the debate challenge was absolutely hilarious and endlessly memorable. I struggled to connect with her at first but rewatching most of the season I really fell in love with her and think she just seems like the sweetest human on the planet. We don’t deserve Jaida Essence Hall!

ELLIOTT

I think in a year's time, I would actually rank Jaida higher than here but given she's still a relatively new winner, I'm placing her here. Jaida was my favourite for the duration of S12, starting with her half of the premiere. Her going from the would've-been villain of the group to the hero because of SP's disqualification? Love that journey for her! All season long, Jaida turned look after look, meme after meme, soundbite after soundbite, and delivered some of my favourite lip syncs of the season, too. 1999 and Survivor are rightfully recognized as her shining moments, but I also want to remind y'all that her lip sync to Ciara's Get Up slayed.

Also formerly starting a petition to include "Jaida Essence Hall in the Madonna challenge" as a sexual orientation in any new polls that come out!

WALLY

tenor.gif

Yayy I’m really happy that Jaida Essence Hall made it through into the Final 15 here! I did have a harder time deciding where to rank her with her being one of my newer faves and these top half spots are tricky to rank. I decided to give her the #7 ranking. She’s great , and was very fun and hilarious to watch, so here’s more of my thoughts: 

Jaida was definitely a strong contender of S12, was fun to watch and quite hilarious. Jaida started off really well and was a standout on the “You Don’t Know Me” performance and she did really well & delivered on that lip sync to win that challenge.😄 I thought she did well with the Bad Apple role in the Fruity Patooties group on the World’s Worst episode. Although lol oh my at all of the drama she had to get involved in with Rock M. Sakura. That was something. I did really love all of Jaida’s runway looks on the Ball Ball episode and at this moment, I still remember all of those looks & outfits which really says something. The white cut ton ball outfit was really clever and cool and one of her other looks gave a Porsha from RHOA feel which was good too. I wouldn’t have minded if she won there. She did struggle a bit with her Rhonda Shimes role on the Gay’s Anatomy episode  but oh well. I thought she did well with Cardi B on Snatch Game but at the same time, I felt she could have gone more OTT crazy with Cardi as she’s such a big personality so I felt that was lacking there. Jaida did struggle with getting into the sexy character while recording her song but then really delivered with the actual performance where she played the Erotica Madonna on the Madonna Rusical episode. Jaida does always say she will turn it out for the performances and she did so here. :yes: I was confused on her Luxauratux product on the Droop episode when she was filming it but then when the actual ad played, it was really fun and hilarious. :haha: Then I felt like the Choices 2020 episode was kind of a breakthrough in a way? Or should I say a standout. She played off this confusing/confused politician role SO well and was even confusing me on it. Then the whole “LOOK OVER THERE” moment was freeing hysterical. :lmao: I saw that in gifs so much and didn’t get it but glad i got it now. :haha: I was happy with her winning that challenge. And omgg lol Jeff Goldblum was head over heels googoo for Jaida. :lmao: I thought Jaida nailed it on the Superfan Makeover episode with her fan Bethany. I do remember Jaida trying to teach her to walk in heels and it looked like a mess where Jaida would have her work cut out for her - but wow she made such a transformation with Bethany and delivered stunning gorgeous looks. :omg: A definite deserved winner. I think this was around the point where I could see Jaida becoming an actual winner (when I was thinking it would be Gigi). Sadly the One Queen Show episodee with her “The P in Pageant” act didn’t work for her. She had…. a good funny story to share but it just didn’t work with her delivery ad the audience wasn’t feeling it. I did laugh and go awww where she would comment on the audience not feeling her act. :haha: Oooh and one of my favorite backstage moments also happened this episode with her asking who Rose Nylund was and then her response of “I was thinking that was some b*tch from NYC they know. I don’t know who that is. My bad.”  :dead: LMAOOO because i was thinking the same thing and wondering who that was….. so I relate lmaoo. But ugh it  sucked she landed in the Bottom 2 here and had to wait forever for her act because Sherry was hogging the time but I wasn’t surprised. She did kill it with the “1999” lip sync so I am glad she stayed. And awww I loved her comments on Heidi and their sibling/friendship bond! Jaida nailed it on the Viva Drag Vegas episode. She did really well on all of the sections of the performance - the slower part, the Disco party and her solo. Her final runway look was the epitome of glamor. Speaking of I did love Jaida’s glamorous drag style and thought she always looked great and excelled each time there. :yes: And probably to no surprise but i thought she was amazing and outstanding on the finale lip syncs with her performances of “Get Up” and “Survivor.” Both of these were amazing performances (and it doesn’t hurt they were done to songs i love). :omg: I especially loved the “Get Up” performance… she killed that! :dead: Although I do want to see these again. Jaida was definitely becoming my choice to win sooo I am glad she did win it! :spaz: Jaida may have had some down moments here and there but she remained consistently strong throughout the season and proved to be a deserving winner.

DEREK

Jaida is amazing. Season 12 winner. I truly believe that if Sherry hadn't been disqualified and they didn't have to go back a re-edit the entire season that Jaida would not have won and instead would have been edited as the Season 12 villain. Drag race has a bad track record when it comes to editing black pageant queens, and the fanbase has a bad track record for appreciating black pageant queens.

Jaida had an amazing run on Season 12. Yeah yeah yeah, Gigi had 4 wins and 2 high. But she also had 2 low. Jaida had 3 wins, 3 high, and a bottom 2. I'll be the first to admit that I think Gigi had a great run on the season. But I thought Jaida's was more exciting. Gig's runways were very polished and prepared, but I liked Jaida's better. Gigi pulled out a win for Madonna, but I thought Jaida's was the rightful 2nd place that challenge and the judges didn't even put her high. Like wtf. 

But Jaida's run is amazing and we don't need to compare to another queen to make that point. Her purple runway is godly, and when she had to lip sync for her life, she radiated pure winner energy. Like, when a winner has to lip sync for their life, it had better be an absolutely show-stopping moment. Like Jinkx. Or Bob. Or Sasha. Or Raja. Or Tyra. Or Bebe. Or Yvie. Jaida put herself in that echelon as far as I'm concerned. And then there's LOOK OVER THERE. The unbeatable makeover challenge performance. Winning in her first episode. Truly a deserving win and what we deserved in 2020.

CHRIS

B7YTdUe.gif 996hoDs.gif jzkrwDF.gif
"I would like to say that if you can't love yourself, how the hell you gonna--LOOK OVER THERE!"

Recently crowned as "America's Next Drag Superstar" on the 12th season of RuPaul's Drag Race, Jaida Essence Hall was able to score her win by being consistent throughout the season. In fact, she started her journey on RuPaul's Drag Race with a win following her verse in "You Don't Know Me" & an incredible lipsync performance on "Call Your Girlfriend". And from there, Jaida was able to receive a placement of safe or high for the majority of the competition - she was rewarded with a high placement for her performance in the first ball of the season although her looks were not my favourites, as well as a high placement for the marketing challenge. After being consistent throughout the competition, Jaida truly solidified her position as a front runner during Week 9 where she was leap and bound better than everyone in the political debate - she was able to score her 2nd win of the season by slaying the judges with iconic quotes in the debate.  After winning the maxi challenge for 2 weeks in a row, Jaida found herself in the bottom against Heidi N' Closet following their performance in the One Queen Show - let's never forget that one of them should not have been in the bottom, and both of them could have survived.  And as well know, Jaida was able to capture the crown via the virtual final due to being a fan favourite as well as a strong lipsync performance with "Get Up"  as well in the Top 3 performance of "Survivor". 

Overall, Jaida Essence Hall certainly deserved her win - I wouldn't consider her a top tier winner as her journey didn't necessarily excite me as other winners. And I probably wouldn't have her in the final ranking if I am being honest - I would have had her lower than this if I did not strategically rank some of the other queens. Anyway, congrats to her fans for bringing her all the way to this spot!

TOM

Jaida is one whom I was very content with winning. Her three challenge wins and consisten runway looks speak for themselves, e.g. the politics challenge, even though that's normally not my sort of thing. She also had a couple weeks near the beginning where she would be UTR and I wouldn't necessarily reember her. If I had to describer her in two words, they would be classy and elegant. She wasn't my top favorite, but once Sherry P*e was DQ'd and edited out, Jaida Essence Hall was the clear frontrunner to take it all. However, she's another threat so I'm ranking her a bit lower.

JC

Jaida is neither here nor there for me. She was not my choice for the winner of the season, but alas she won anyway. I was not like appalled by this win or anything, but I would not have chosen her to take the title. Her season was kind of a mess anyway so it was not like I cared for many of the queens on her season which is why I did not feel very invested either way on who was the winner. I was definitely more Team Gigi throughout the season, but then she kind of fell from grace a la Miz Cracker a bit, so whatever. Anyways, bye Jaida Pinkett Smith.

SOLARIS

I love Jaida, my second favorite from her season.  However, she is one of the two people I think are massive front-runners that everyone likes.  That being said good job in all of the challenges.  Some standouts from her season were her performance in the Madonna rusical, her role in the jazz number, my favorite her presidential race character.  “Look over there” will go down in history.  Iconic! She completely rocked out in the Prince lip sync and Robyn lip sync.  Her finale lip sync from the crown, and her orange outfit with the crown on the back were stunning!

Edited by Elliott

ANDREW:

2. Katya

4. Jaida Essence Hall

5. Sasha Velour

7. Shangela

8. Tatianna

9. Kim Chi

10. Jimbo

12. Crystal Methyd

14. Alaska

15. Jinkx Monsoon