Most Surprising Instant Eliminations

David68

Season 9 onwards (since that's when they did it in the semifinals for the first time)

• Amy Vachal (since she'd done really well on iTunes, I thought she was a lock for the Instant Save at least)
  • Aaron Gibson (tbh not *that* surprising but considering he'd skated through the Instant Save three weeks in a row, I thought there was at least a chance he'd have the support to make the Instant Save one last time)
  • TSoul (he'd never made the bottom two or three, but considering he liked runs on runs on runs I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was) 
  • Kymberli Joye (she peaked at Break Every Chain but given how well received that was I wasn't expecting her to get cut in favor of Reagan after Robegate)
  • Sarah Grace (she'd lead sales on the iTunes chart the week before, so I thought she'd at the very least have a shot at the Instant Save) 
  • Domenic Haynes (if anyone on Team Adam was going to get the vote, I thought it'd be him given people seemed to love his blind audition, but given the song choice I can see why it might have done him in - I'm still surprised nobody on Team Adam survived the top 24 organically, though) 
  • Jej Vinson (I know he wasn't the best-received stateside but I thought he was more popular than Mari/LB)
  • Like 1

Amy Vachal seemed like a Top 3 contender and she ended up in the bottom, so she is an obvious contender for most shocking elimination.

Holly Tucker being voted through over Sarah and Judith was also a big upset.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Season 9 onwards (since that's when they did it in the semifinals for the first time)

• Amy Vachal (since she'd done really well on iTunes, I thought she was a lock for the Instant Save at least)
  • Aaron Gibson (tbh not *that* surprising but considering he'd skated through the Instant Save three weeks in a row, I thought there was at least a chance he'd have the support to make the Instant Save one last time)
  • TSoul (he'd never made the bottom two or three, but considering he liked runs on runs on runs I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was) 
  • Kymberli Joye (she peaked at Break Every Chain but given how well received that was I wasn't expecting her to get cut in favor of Reagan after Robegate)
  • Sarah Grace (she'd lead sales on the iTunes chart the week before, so I thought she'd at the very least have a shot at the Instant Save) 
  • Domenic Haynes (if anyone on Team Adam was going to get the vote, I thought it'd be him given people seemed to love his blind audition, but given the song choice I can see why it might have done him in - I'm still surprised nobody on Team Adam survived the top 24 organically, though) 
  • Jej Vinson (I know he wasn't the best-received stateside but I thought he was more popular than Mari/LB)

Jej was very, very  polarizing on FB and Twitter...so I was not surprised he was in the bottom three.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Everyone on Christina's Season 10 Playoff Team that wasn't Nick Hagelin.

I need her reaction gif again.

I swear a part of her soul died a little every week he moved on after the playoffs (and didn't she want to bring back someone else as her Comeback artist, or was that just a rumor?)

1 hour ago, VintageVoice said:

I swear a part of her soul died a little every week he moved on after the playoffs (and didn't she want to bring back someone else as her Comeback artist, or was that just a rumor?)

Kristen Marie. The girl who should've beaten Daniel in the battles, if only to spare him from all the horrible performances he gave us after the Playoffs.