Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

I really didn’t think ranking a song at 11 out of 31 could be considered a low ranking. :dead: oh well though. I know it’s a well-loved song so should have known anything outside the top 2 would be an outrage. :haha:

Congrats to Blank Space. ❤️ 

Edited by *Lily

8 hours ago, *Amanda said:

The whole "let's slut shame Taylor Swift because she dated a lot in her early 20's" tweet is where she loses me. I don't care if you're not a Taylor fan, but I won't tolerate the slut shaming of her. Takes like that is the reason songs like Blank Space and The Man were created.

Alanis Morissette and Olivia Rodrigo set records by writing about their ex-boyfriends, and yet people act like Taylor’s the only one who does so smh

I mean not only are the takes awful and sexist but like... girl is trying to use "Love Story" as her gotcha moment?? I.e. the song that came out in 2008 before she even got bombarded with all the hate about her personal life? Obviously it's stupid I'm just totally confused why now of all times she's decided to try and repeat this rhetoric.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I mean not only are the takes awful and sexist but like... girl is trying to use "Love Story" as her gotcha moment?? I.e. the song that came out in 2008 before she even got bombarded with all the hate about her personal life? Obviously it's stupid I'm just totally confused why now of all times she's decided to try and repeat this rhetoric.

a 2008 song and listing men that she broke up with in like 2013 lolol

Maybe Julia found an old People Magazine at her dentist's office or something

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I ranked it 13 because it’s Taylor’s lucky number.

Honestly I just never really got into the Red album, so I’m hoping TV will make me appreciate it more.

And here I am having Red as my favorite Taylor album. :dead: Or at least definitely in my top 2, I haven’t decided if Folklore has overtaken it for me yet but with Taylor’s Version coming out, I think Red remains my favorite. :haha:

6 hours ago, *Lily said:

I really didn’t think ranking a song at 11 out of 31 could be considered a low ranking. :dead: oh well though. I know it’s a well-loved song so should have known anything outside the top 2 would be an outrage. :haha:

Congrats to Blank Space. ❤️ 

I’m just being dramatic because it’s my favorite Taylor song. :dead: 

Your ranking is fine. The only ones that I’m really bothered by are in the 19-23 range.

Edited by *Amanda

19 minutes ago, *Lily said:

12 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

a 2008 song and listing men that she broke up with in like 2013 lolol

Maybe Julia found an old People Magazine at her dentist's office or something

Yeah, it’s all really bizarre. Like, we know Love Story was released for the Taylor’s Version album but she wrote that as a teenager because her family didn’t approve of a guy she liked. :dead: 

But yeah, that take is very old and was used a lot in 2012-2015 (hence, the “psycho serial dating ex-girlfriend” point of view she wrote Blank Space from.) She’s been with the same guy for over 4 years now, so it’s odd to bring that up in 2021.

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Yeah, it’s all really bizarre. Like, we know Love Story was released for the Taylor’s Version album but she wrote that as a teenager because her family didn’t approve of a guy she liked. :dead: 

But yeah, that take is very old and was used a lot in 2012-2015 (hence, the “psycho serial dating ex-girlfriend” point of view she wrote Blank Space from.) She’s been with the same guy for over 4 years now, so it’s odd to bring that up in 2021.

I am going to go out on a limb and say they were drunk tweets as they didn't last very long and it was kinda late at night.

22 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

And here I am having Red as my favorite Taylor album. :dead: Or at least definitely in my top 2, I haven’t decided if Folklore has overtaken it for me yet but with Taylor’s Version coming out, I think Red remains my favorite. :haha:

Red, folklore, and evermore are my top 3. And Red is certainly going to regain that solid #1 status when Taylor's Version releases and I get that 10-minute "All Too Well"

33 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

And here I am having Red as my favorite Taylor album.

I’m basic and let the singles dictate if I get invested in the album or not, and I didn’t like either We Are Never Getting Back Together or I Knew You Were Trouble. :ph34rwave:

(I say as the only LWYMMD stan)

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I’m basic and let the singles dictate if I get invested in the album or not, and I didn’t like either We Are Never Getting Back Together or I Knew You Were Trouble. :ph34rwave:

(I say as the only LWYMMD stan)

We’ve been telling everyone this entire round that Taylor’s non-singles >>>> than her singles so you shouldn’t base your thoughts of them off of those. :dead: 

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

We’ve been telling everyone this entire round that Taylor’s non-singles >>>> than her singles so you shouldn’t base your thoughts of them off of those. :dead: 

And unlike some of these basic bettys, I’ve listened to the full albums 😘

Yay just caught up on the Top 5!

I think I was expecting Style to rank higher than it did although #5 is still amazing for it. :yes:

Pleased for You Belong with Me coming in 4th, although that also ranked higher than I expected.

Not surprised seeing so many #1s for All Too Well. 5 is incredible. :omg: I knew it would rank well and I did think it had a chance of winning, or at least the last standing non single.

Wow.... Cruel Summer coming in 2nd is the biggest surprise for me. I know this song is loved but didn't realize it was THAT loved. :omg: I am impressed.

Yayyy, super pleased with Blank Space winning. :wub: Love that song and video a ton. Lol its hilarious how my #3 came in last (well.....not really) and my #4 ended up winning. But also crazy/funny how no ones #1 won it either. :haha:

This was such a long but really fun round. Happy to have been a part of it (as I won't be involved in the other upcoming Taylor game).

17 hours ago, totes4totes said:

the rankings if i had cut the copy/paste:

1 (TIE). All to Well (+2)

1 (TIE). Blank Space (=)

3. Cruel Summer (-1)

4. Lover (+4)

5. Style (=)

6. Out of the Woods (=)

7. You Belong with Me (-3)

8. Enchanted (+3)

9. Safe & Sound (-2)

10. Getaway Car (+2)

11. exile (ft. Bon Iver) (+2)

12. Love Story (-3)

13. Shake It Off (+1)

14. Back to December (-4)

15. Wildest Dreams (+1)

16. betty (+3)

17. invisible string (+7)

18. New Year's Day (+8)

19. Forever & Always (Piano Version) (Taylor's Version) (-1)

20. I Knew You Were Trouble (-5)

21. 22 (=)

22. Clean (+4) 

23. Our Song (=)

24. I Almost Do (-8)

25 (TIE). White Horse (-6)

25 (TIE). Last Kiss (-3)

27. (TIE) Look What You Made Me Do (+2)

27 (TIE). Mine (+1)

29. Ronan (-4)

30. Come Back...Be Here (=)

31. Bad Blood (ft. Kendrick Lamar) (=)

Thanks for posting this.

Ooff this would have been a lot worse for me. :haha: I'm glad the votes counted, as I think everyone who participated votes should be counted. Its not like its cheating on a test. :ph34rwave:

17 hours ago, totes4totes said:

anyway @*Wallace please take me off as owner of the front posts and make @Deeee the owner! so he can continue to edit and i can be FREE of my duties!

I'll try to get to this soon.

• Like 1

• *Wallace changed the title to Musician Discography Rankdown
3 hours ago, Deeee said:

@*Wallace Lady Gaga is waiting on you to change ownership of the posts on the front page. 😊

I don't have a working computer at the moment, and for some reason I was unable to change the authors. But luckily I was able to make the changes on another device, so its changed now!

Really odd how some things work but other things don't work. :wacko:

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I don't have a working computer at the moment, and for some reason I was unable to change the authors. But luckily I was able to make the changes on another device, so its changed now!

Really odd how some things work but other things don't work. :wacko:

Thank you! The final results post still needs to be changed from Megan to me, but no rush!