Musician Discography Rankdown (Alicia Keys Results)

FrogLenzen

ALANIS MORISSETTE RESULTS PART FIVE

9. Forgiven (1995 prod. by Alanis Morissette + Glen Ballard, written by Alanis Morissette)

Album: Jagged Little Pill

Alanis_Morissette_-_Jagged_Little_Pill.j

US Billboard 200: #1

Canadian Albums Chart: #1

United States Album Certification (RIAA): 16x Platinum

Canada Album Certification (Music Canada): 2x Diamond

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagged_Little_Pill

RANKINGS

Dee: 15

Elliott: 4

Derek: 12

Megan: 14

Rei: 2

Tom: 10

Andy: 6
Wally: 8

Victoria: 17

Chris: 15

Kaley: 3

Public: 19

Final Average = 10.417

COMMENTS

Forgiven is a powerful song, but one that never fully resonated with me. I think my upbringing was so devoid of religion that I never experienced troubles with faith and the questions that follow a restrictive, devout upbringing. The guilt of enjoying oneself. The constant doubt. The questioning. Especially tackling the double standards that religion upholds for women, but yet turning a blind eye to the behaviors of men. Badass song that deserved its place in the finals, but a song that never hit as close to home as the rest of her music from JLP did.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:13 PM, Elliott said:

My favourite song from Jagged Little Pill is Forgiven. As evidenced by its ranking at #4, that means no Jagged Little Pill song makes my Top 3. 😮 Had Victoria not robbed Are You Still Mad, I wouldn't have any JLP song in my Top 4, don't @ me. Anyway, when I first listened to Jagged Little Pill fully back in like 2000 or 2001 and actually paid attention to every song, Forgiven was always the song that stood out to me. I'd always find myself going back to listen to this song, and over the years, I've grown to love it even more. The way she used her lyrics to call out her religion in the 90s? Revolutionary icon.

On 7/16/2020 at 12:57 AM, ~*8Kay8*~ said:

I don’t know if anyone else will rank this song this high, but this is definitely where it falls for me. Her vocal is really stellar in this, and I love the overall sound.  As someone who attended Catholic school from K-12 and dealt with all the tough questions that came along with it after, this song always struck a real chord with me.

On 7/15/2020 at 1:27 PM, .Rei said:

One of the best songs ever written. A masterpiece. My favorite song from Jagged Little Pill. Flawless. 5/5

On 7/15/2020 at 9:08 PM, *Wallace said:

Ooh this song sounds familiar. Heard this before but nott sure when. Really enjoy the belting and buildup on the chorus.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:44 PM, *Chris said:

I feel like this song is one of the song that we always sleep on & it deserves more - it’s funny because I did sleep on this song until recently when I fought myself going back to the Jagged Little Pill album following the musical’s soundtrack. 

8. Mary Jane (1995 prod. by Alanis Morissette + Glen Ballard, written by Alanis Morissette)

Alanis_Morissette_-_Jagged_Little_Pill.j

US Billboard 200: #1

Canadian Albums Chart: #1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagged_Little_Pill

RANKINGS

Dee: 14

Elliott: 14

Derek: 13

Megan: 12

Rei: 8

Tom: 7

Andy: 14
Wally: 5

Victoria: 7

Chris: 5

Kaley: 8

Public: 13

Final Average = 10.000

COMMENTS

Mary Jane is a f*cking tearjerker. A song that follows the protagonist as they try to help their friend Mary Jane, who is headed down a troubled path in life. A beautiful song of a friend just trying to connect to the one they love, somebody who is deeply hurting. I feel like this song is often underlooked and under appreciated, so I was very happy to see Wally advance the song to the finals. 

On 7/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, Elliott said:

I always feel kind of bad for this song since it's sandwiched between two successful singles in the track listing, so it tends to be a forgotten gem on JLP. But Mary Jane is a very well-written and performed song, and Alanis's vocal performance on it gives me life! ❤️ I'm glad that Wally seems to be a Nikki McKibbin fan nowadays since he advanced it directly.

I was so happy when this one got advanced. I feel like it gets overlooked a lot among all the other hard-hitters on the album.

Such a breathtaking song. 4.8/5

I first got familiar with this song from a number of singing competition shows. I can’t remember when I went to check out the Alanis original but I really liked and would grow to love it. :wub: I’m glad to have brought this into the finals because this is a really stunning and gorgeous song. A great vocal from Alanis.

This song is easily in my Top 3 of Jagged Little Pill; it’s one of the song that should have been bigger than it was. This song deserves the world because it’s a masterpiece. 

7. Head Over Feet (1995 prod. by Glen Ballard, written by Alanis Morissette + Glen Ballard)

1efb419a203129eeec660439384b3d05.gif

US Mainstream Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

US Adult Top 40 (Billboard): #1 (Single)

Canada Top Singles (RPM): #1 (Single)

US Billboard 200: #1 (Album)

Canadian Albums Chart: #1 (Album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head_over_Feet

RANKINGS

Dee: 4

Elliott: 7

Derek: 11

Megan: 7

Rei: 11

Tom: 12

Andy: 10
Wally: 11

Victoria: 8

Chris: 7

Kaley: 9

Public: 4

Final Average = 8.417

COMMENTS

Head Over Feet is one of my absolute favorite songs of all-time. A song that I truly cherish and hold close to my heart. A song that has stuck with me since childhood. The iconic music video that totally was a middle finger to the industry. The total change in tone and thematics that so starkly contrasts the rest of JLP. The iconic lyrics! The iconic tempo! The iconic harmonica solo! A beautiful song about falling in love with your best friend! Truly a song that stands the test of time.

On 7/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Elliott said:

This is the ranking that hurts the most because I didn't expect to love every song in my Top 20 so much that I'd rank Head Over Feet at #7. Ugh, I feel like Wally right now. >.< Anyway, Head Over Feet is a wonderful song, but I actually think people don't understand how iconic and game changing the music video for the song was! As the It Girl at the moment, Head Over Feet was a highly anticipated music video. So for the music video not to be some big budget affair, but just have a single, unbroken take of Alanis Morissette (mostly) looking at the camera, only lip syncing part of the words, and even being out of focus at times? It was definitely taken as a f*ck you to the mainstream and just made her that much more "cool" in the eyes of her fans. What a badass.

in the midst of a bunch of heavy and intense songs, the lightness of this one is a pleasant surprise. I love the chorus, and the line: “You’ve already won me over in spite of me.”

Another classic and a great song but it has never been one of my top favorites from the album, still wonderful though 4.5/5

On 7/15/2020 at 7:08 PM, ~Tom~ said:

Intense but not her most melodic so here it lands.

My least fave of the songs I am super familiar with but I still do like it. Although I feel like I go through moments of really liking this or not being too into this. Still it’s a good song but not as fantastic as her other big singles from Jagged Little Pill. The music video does bore me.

One of my personal favourite from Jagged Little Pill - lyrically, it may be one of my all time favourite especially the beginning of the song.

Edited by Deeee

Dee:

Elliott:

Derek:

Megan:

Rei:

Tom:

Andy:

Wallace:

Victoria:

Chris:

Kaley:

Public:

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

lol @ me doing the worst in an Alanis round, I can’t with y’all. :dead: 

This would happen to you. :dead:  

4 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Girl look at mine :haha: I’m here to make sure you’re not the worst :wub: 

:dead: 

"Mary Jane" making it to 8th and I think the highest ranked non-single. :wub: Glad so many people are happy I brought that song in. 

And NO Elliott.... I will NEVER be a Nikki McKibbin fan. 🙂 

Also wow at the average scores going from 10 (at #8) to 8.417 (at #7). :haha: What a difference. :dead: 

3 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I have my entire top 6 left? I will cherish this since it is a rarity. :bobo: 

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

My Top 6 is the Top 6. I would say I'm surprised but I am not since it's not a rarity. :bobo:

:dead: