Musician Discography Rankdown (Bonus Round)

FrogLenzen

25. Honeymoon Avenue

Album: Yours Truly (2013)

Stream Ariana Grande - Honeymoon Avenue (Original Version) by Official  UnReleased-Music | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

Writers: Babyface, Antonio Dixon, The Rascals, TBHits, Travis Sayles, Victoria Monét, First Born, Dennis Jenkins, Maurice Wade

Producers: Kenneth Edmonds, Antonio Dixon, The Rascals, TBHits, Matt Squire, Travis Sayles

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yours_Truly_(Ariana_Grande_album) 

Listen on YouTube

@#jeah - 3/25

Public - 13/25

@*Diana - 14/25

@jarmon - 18/25

@*Chris - 19/25

@FrogLenzen - 21/25

@*Wallace - 21/25

@NGM - 22/25

@Elliott - 22/25

@*Amanda - 23/25

@taylorkat - 23/25

@*Lily - 25/25

Final Average = 18.66 / 25

Andy - 3/25

Amazing song. She came out of the gate with this song, opening up her debut album. Love the lyrics here so much.

Derek - 21/25

You guys know that I love album openers. Right off the bat she shows that she is not afraid to play with unusual accompaniment and lots of harmonies.

Wallace - 21/25

original.gif

This is a really pretty song and it has a cool fun sound to it. I like the old school R&B feel this song has. To me, it kinda has some 60s doo wop feel to it? I don't know but I can kinda see it gelling with that era. Ariana sounds and delivers really pretty vocals here. Very enjoyable and pretty song.

24. You’ll Never Know

Album: Yours Truly (2013)

Ariana Grande – You'll Never Know Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

Writers: Babyface, Antonio Dixon, The Rascals

Producers: Babyface, Antonio Dixon, The Rascals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yours_Truly_(Ariana_Grande_album) 

Listen on YouTube

Gigi - 8/25

Derek - 15/25

Public - 16/25

Chris - 17/25

Nico - 19/25

Wallace - 19/25

Diana - 19/25

Elliott - 21/25

Amanda - 22/25

Lily - 22/25

Andy - 22/25

Akshar - 23/25

Final Average = 18.58 / 25

Derek - 15/25

Another one out early in our game from Yours Truly. Love love love the beat/production on this one.

Wallace - 19/25

I like the cheery upbeat fun poppy feel of this song. It's really cute, fun and catchy. The beat/sound of this song does remind me of something else but I can't really think of what. But I do love the beat of it as it has a fun infectious feel to it. It's cute and I like the happy feel of it. Ariana delivers strong vocals and sounds great as always.

Andy - 22/25

Kind of a weird choice to make the top 25 tbh but it’s not a bad song by any means. I think I would have WAY rather seen Tattooed Heart in the finals as a representative of her first album though.

23. love language

Album: Positions (2020)

Ariana Grande's “Positions” is just like magic – kcpipernews.com

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét, Tayla Parx, Kam Parker

Music: Ariana Grande, TBHits, Travis Sayles, Tommy Parker

Producers: TBHits, Travis Sayles, Tommy Parker

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positions_(album) 

Listen on YouTube

Gigi - 7/25

Nico - 11/25

Elliott - 11/25

Amanda - 13/25

Chris - 15/25

Lily - 18/25

Diana - 20/25

Wallace - 20/25

Derek - 22/25

Public - 23/25

Andy - 24/25

Akshar - 25/25

Final Average = 17.41 / 25

Wallace - 20/25

"love language" has such a different sound to it compared to the other positions tracks on here. This has a really cute, fun upbeat Disco feel to it. :bobo:This is just one of those songs that puts a smile on my face whenever I hear it. I feel like this is something I could hear on some earlier Ariana albums. I like the beat and her breathy, dreamy vocals here. The chorus is really cute and fun. The ending of the song has such a different really fun sound to it that left me wanting more from that part.

Derek - 22/25

Not my favorite from this album, but it’s cute. Motive and six thirty deserved.

Andy - 24/25

I’m going to pretend that six thirty or just like magic was here instead.

22. my hair

Twitter 上的Ariana Grande Today:"#positions opens with 56.4 million streams  on the Spotify Global chart, with “positions” reaching a new peak of 7.8  million streams & “34 35” debuting #2 with 6 million

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét, Tayla Parx

Music: Ariana Grande, Scott Storch, Tone, Social House

Producers: TBHits, Scott Storch, Tone, Social House

Listen on YouTube

Gigi - 1/25

Nico - 9/25

Elliott - 9/25

Lily - 12/25

Derek - 14/25

Amanda - 17/25

Akshar - 20/25

Chris - 20/25

Wallace - 24/25

Public - 24/25

Diana - 25/25

Andy - 25/25

Final Average = 16.66 / 25

Derek - 14/25

On the other hand, I LOVE this song and am offended by rankings in the 20+ range. On my first listen of this album, this song immediately stood out to me as such a solid song. More than all the others. On more listens of the album, I started to prefer other tracks but this is still flawless.

Wallace - 24/25

This has a smooth sexy and sultry urban/R&B feel. It kinda has a 90s R&B sound to it and kinda reminds me of something Erykah Badu would sing (and some other artists I can't think of). I don't know but it feels quite different from what you would expect from Ariana song, at least in my opinion. The whistle notes at the end were a really nice touch. It's a cool and enjoyable song, but not really a favorite of mine.

Andy - 25/25

I’m going to pretend that six thirty or just like magic was here instead.

21. nasty

Ariana Grande - Positions Artwork (7 of 46) | Last.fm

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét

Music: Ariana Grande, TBHits, Travis Sayles, The Rascals, Dylan Teixeira

Producers: TBHits, The Rascals, Travis Sayles, Nami

Listen on YouTube

Gigi - 5/25

Lily - 5/25

Nico - 8/25

Andy - 9/25

Elliott - 12/25

Derek - 19/25

Public - 21/25

Diana - 23/25

Chris - 23/25

Akshar - 24/25

Wallace - 25/25

Amanda - 25/25

Final Average = 16.58 / 25

Andy - 9/25

Wooooof this song. Top of the "sex playlist"   

Derek - 19/25

The Positions album getting hit hard in the first set. It might be just because this album hasn’t had the same amount of time to make an impact as the others. But obviously we liked this song enough to get it all the way to #21 out of the entire discography so it’s not a total disaster.

Wallace - 25/25

This is a very sultry and sexy track from Ariana, which I would have expected with a song called "nasty." She does provide some nice sensual vocals. It has a good and easylistening R&B feel to it. Parts of the song I do really dig and am into but then parts of it I'm not as into and kinda lose interest. I like it and think this is a cool track but it's not a major standout for me. 

20. Thinking Bout You

Album: Dangerous Woman (2016)

Thinking Bout You - Song Lyrics and Music by Ariana Grande arranged by  _ariannagrande_ on Smule Social Singing app

Writers: Mathieu Jomphe-Lépine, Peter Svensson, Jacob Kasher Hindlin, Chloe Angelides
Producers: Peter Svensson, Billboard, Ilya, Peter Karlsson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dangerous_Woman 

Listen on YouTube

@*Chris - 2/25

@*Diana - 2/25

@#jeah - 5/25

@FrogLenzen - 8/25

@NGM - 13/25

@*Amanda - 18/25

@jarmon - 19/25

Public - 22/25

@*Wallace - 23/25

@*Lily - 24/25

@taylorkat - 25/25

@Elliott - 25/25

Final Average = 15.50 / 25

Andy - 5/25

Massive song. Category is, depression but make it euphoric bliss. The pre-chorus and the bridge here take me to heaven every time. One of her most underrated songs, for sure.

Derek - 8/25

Gorgeous production on this one. Just keeps driving forward with big chords. 

Wallace - 23/25

On 8/19/2022 at 10:40 PM, *Wallace said:

tumblr_olkfv4kJLa1w5r6xyo1_400.gifv

This song has an soft breezy easygoing sound to it. I do like the range Ariana shows here from the softer breezy vocals and the bigger power notes. It does have this earthy and atmospheric feel to it, that is interesting. I think the pre-chorus is the part that stands out to me most. Overall, it's not really a song that grabs that much but I enjoy the sound and feel of this song.

19. goodnight n go

Album: Sweetener (2018)

Goodnight N Go by DWMUSICCOLLECTION on DeviantArt

Lyrics: Imogen Heap, Ariana Grande, Victoria Monét

Music: Imogen Heap, TBHits, Social House

Producers: TBHits, Social House

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodnight_and_Go#Ariana_Grande_version 

Listen on YouTube

Diana - 9/25

Amanda - 9/25

Chris - 10/25

Nico - 10/25

Andy - 12/25

Derek - 13/25

Elliott - 15/25

Lily - 19/25

Public - 20/25

Akshar - 22/25

Wallace - 22/25

Gigi - 24/25

Final Average = 15.41 / 25 (tie)

Andy - 12/25

Honestly I hate to say this but if I didn’t recently discover that this was basically just an Imogen Heap cover, this would be like top 7 or 8 out of these songs for me. It’s so sweet and her delivery here is gorgeous.

Derek - 13/25

Well Andy's write-up is the first I learned that this was an Imogen Heap cover (with new verses). And I can understand that this would make him less obsessed with the song. But for me it makes me MORE OBSESSED and I can't stop listening to it ever since Andy submitted his write-ups. I'd probably rank it higher if I could now. Apparently this was one of Mac Miller's favorite songs so she did a cover for him, and now Ariana doesn't perform this on her tours because it's too emotional for her. 

Wallace - 22/25

tumblr_pdn7gkvj5j1vlgl08o1_500.gifv

"goodnight n go" was a song I was thinking of and close to cutting, so of course it makes the finals. :dead: But no, I do like the cool laid back and sexy feel of this song. It has this cool slick feel to it on the verses. The chorus is cute and fun but also has this trippy sound to it with the beat. The vocals are really pretty on that second a capella verse. This isn't one of my top favorite tracks from sweetner. I would have preferred other album tracks from that album to make it over this one but I still enjoy this.

18. 34+35

Cover art for the official live performance of "34+35": Ariana Grande singing with a microphone, surrounded by a blue circular frame

Lyrics: Ariana Grande, Scott Nicholson, Tayla Parks, Victoria Monét

Music: Ariana Grande, TBHits, Mr. Franks, Peter Lee Johnson, Xavi, Stanaj

Producers: TBHits, Mr. Franks, Xavi, Peter Lee Johnson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/34%2B35 

Listen on YouTube

Lily - 3/25

Wallace - 10/25

Chris - 11/25

Derek - 12/25

Elliott - 14/25

Public - 15/25

Nico - 15/25

Gigi - 18/25

Amanda - 21/25

Akshar - 21/25

Andy - 21/25

Diana - 24/25

Final Average = 15.41 / 25 (tie)

Wallace - 10/25

c93ba84ceadb07784015e0a917e5aea9.gif

"34+35" is a really fun and sexy song that Ariana delivers so well and effortlessly. I do love the beat, feel and vibe of this song as well as Ariana's vocals. Although from the start the part where she sings: If I put it quite plainly. Just gimme them babies , that always stands out to me. :dead: Besides that, I do love the pre-chorus and the chorus - with how she sings that part and the melody of the song.

I don't wanna keep you up (You up)
But show me can you keep it up (It up)
'Cause then I'll have to keep you up
Maybe I'ma keep you up, boy

I been drinking coffee (I been drinking coffee)
And I been eating healthy (And I been eating healthy)
You know I keep it squeaky, yeah (You know I keep it squeaky)
Saving up my energy (Saving up my energy)

:bobo:

Yeah Ariana really does sell the sexy nature and feel of the song. Besdies the chorus, I also love the bridge especially the part where she sings: You're such a dream come true, true. Make a wanna hit snooze, ooh. I just love how she sings that part. :haha:

Derek - 12/25

The production is so innocent and fun but the lyrics and the """Secret"""" meaning behind the song title make this a great juxtaposition and one of my faves from this album.

Andy - 21/25

Another fun and nasty song off positions, but I don’t find this incredibly catchy so I don’t really go back to it much tbh. And the 69 joke is just kind of dumb, like it’s not sexy or anything lmao.

17. Love Me Harder (feat. The Weeknd)

Album: My Everything (2014)

Ariana Grande & The Weekend - Love Me Harder.jpg

Writers: Max Martin, Savan Kotecha, Peter Svensson, Ali Payami, The Weeknd, Belly

Producers: Ali Payami, Peter Svensson, Peter Carlsson

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Me_Harder 

Listen on YouTube

Public - 4/25

Nico - 4/25

Wallace - 6/25

Chris - 12/25

Akshar - 14/25

Amanda - 15/25

Diana - 15/25

Andy - 20/25

Gigi - 22/25

Lily - 23/25

Elliott - 24/25

Derek - 25/25

Final Average = 15.33 / 25

Wallace - 6/25

tumblr_ner353oUTb1tg72yro1_500.gif

I really love "Love Me Harder" and think this is such a gorgeous collaboration between Ariana and The Weeknd. This is one of those songs I really loved and was so into back in 2015 when it was really popular. I don't listen to it as much now but relistening to it reminded me and brought me back of my love for this song. I really love how soft and gorgeous Ariana's vocals are on the opening verse of the song. It kinda gives me chills - right at the start where she sings: Tell me something I need to know. Then take my breath and never let it go. ❤️

The song does start off soft and slowly but I do really love it when it builds up on the chorus of the song where Ariana sings:

'Cause if you want to keep me, you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, got to love me harder
And if you really need me, you gotta, gotta, gotta, gotta, got to love me harder
Baby, love me harder
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Love me, love me, love me
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Harder, harder, harder

I love The Weeknd's verse and think he sounds really great on this song too. This song proves what great chemistry Ariana and The Weeknd have on their songs and how good they sound together, which they would later prove in other collaborations of theirs. I love what they both bring separately and together! I also really enjoy the music video and think it's beautiful. ❤️

Andy - 20/25

Decent single! Love The Weeknd feature. Never been a song I go back to all the time though.

Derek - 25/25

Not a big fan of the Weeknd in general, but he has a fair number of songs that I like. This just isn't one of them. I think the chorus is a bit dull and I'd prefer many many songs here over this one. How about the Iggy track?

16. break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored

Album: Thank U, Next (2019)

A black background with the song's title in lowercase white font placed at the center of the cover.

Writers: Ariana Grande, Max Martin, Ilya, Savan Kotecha, Kandi Burruss, She’kspere

Producers: Max Martin, Ilya

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_Up_with_Your_Girlfriend,_I'm_Bored 

Listen on YouTube

Elliott - 1/25

Amanda - 8/25

Lily - 11/25

Wallace - 11/25

Diana - 13/25

Akshar - 13/25

Public - 14/25

Derek - 16/25

Gigi - 19/25

Andy - 23/25

Chris - 24/25

Nico - 25/25

Final Average = 14.83 / 25

Wallace - 11/25

93e02aefc6c3be3673e27ddfe130ad82.gif

LOL oh "break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored" is reallly something else as a song. It's subject matter..... is just not good at all and really is advice that people should not take to heart here. :haha:  I do sometimes feel conflicted on the song as sometimes I do love it - for the sound/feel/vocals of it and then sometimes I don't love it as much? It's confusing. I do love how Ariana sings the song and she brings a great sense of confidence with herself with what she's singing. I mean, she has to right? :haha: I do love the pre-chorus and chorus that and how she sings it there:

Then I realize she's right there
And I'm at home like, "Damn, this ain't fair"

Break up with your girlfriend
Yeah, yeah, 'cause I'm bored
You could hit it in the mornin' (Mornin')
Yeah, yeah, like it's yours
I know it ain't right
But I don't care (Care)
Break up with your girlfriend
Yeah, yeah, 'cause I'm bored

This song just amuses me and cracks me up, because it's just so wow. :dead: Ariana does look really beautiful in the video. 

Derek - 16/25

A solid song, love the cheeky chorus/title. It doesn't get me super hype and it's not something I'd recommend to someone who doesn't know Ariana Grande like "ooo you gotta hear this artist!" but it's fun and isn't out of place in the Top 25. 

Andy - 23/25

Meh.

Fine with "Thinking Bout You" & "goodnight n go" rankings. 

Aww a bit sad to see "34+35" show up already but not too upset at it's #18 ranking either. 

Ooh and then "Love Me Harder" shows up at #17. OK now I'm not happy about this ranking. 😘 This is really such a lovely and gorgeous song! Deserved better. :broken: 

I am actually okay with the ranking of "break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored." Fun song and #16 isn't bad for this. 

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Why am I not surprised that song would be Elliott 's number one. 😐

It was the source of a frequent running joke between myself and my best woman in my wedding party so of course it would be my #1 🙂