What did Toneisha do Right?

Maxwell

So it's been confirmed that Toneisha got 2nd place so she's the first AA woman to do so. Interestingly enough, according to a poll Toneisha is also the least favorite diva on IDF.

I think the others are way better than Toneisha imo but she happened to place higher? What did Toneisha do right that the others didn't?

Edited by Maxwell

She unexpectedly came through with a very solid original (that I honestly preferred to Thunderstorm's) and did a very solid cover of a beloved classic, which imo rivaled Thunderstorm's with the best cover of the night.

• Like 4

1. Picked Blake

2. She didn´t really went for big notes or delivered a powerful climax in any of her performance with the exceptions of her T9 and Finale Cover, so people couldn´t call her a screamer. She is a great vocalist and has helluva range (IS performance), but her voice isn´t really as powerful as the other divas, which is what many people consdered screaming. 

3. She has an emotional backstory with her son´s illness and return to music at an advanced age  and many people were drawn to that. 

4. A great original (that she wrote herself if I´m correct), and overall a fantastic finale night that certainly cemented her as one to beat.

That´s what I think.

• Like 3

Consistency (save for Stronger, which was still not bad at all, just underwhelming given it was the song immediately following her KO), choosing Team Blake, her backstory, and knowing how to make her voice work for her while adding the emotional punches at all the right moments.

Mostly those last three given other "diva" types (Kyla, Kymberli, Rose, etc.) were also very consistent.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Just noticed that Toneisha pulled a Ricky Duran and Thunderstorm pulled a Katie Kadan, they switched the expected places.

Yeah noticed that as well, what happened to Thunderstorm, he didn't seem nearly as polarizing as Katie. 

Edited by Maxwell

1 minute ago, Maxwell said:

Yeah noticed that as well, what happened to Thunderstorm, he didn't seem nearly as polarizing as Katie. 

Katie was more polarizing, but she was more popular. She always got the most views on FB iirc, while Tstorm was always behind Todd and Toneisha in views (not counting his leaked performances). 

27 minutes ago, Archanium said:

Katie was more polarizing, but she was more popular. She always got the most views on FB iirc, while Tstorm was always behind Todd and Toneisha in views (not counting his leaked performances). 

No not on youtube, maybe FB they got more views, Tstorm always had them beat except in the finale night for some reason. And it wasn't really close in playoffs and top 9. 

43 minutes ago, Theleaguan said:

Tstorm always had them beat except in the finale night for some reason. And it wasn't really close in playoffs and top 9. 

Probably Team Minivan views bc they didn't upload to Facebook until later.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Theleaguan said:

No not on youtube, maybe FB they got more views, Tstorm always had them beat except in the finale night for some reason. And it wasn't really close in playoffs and top 9. 

Yes, I was talking about FB views. Youtube was never a good indicator, afaik.

1.  She was Team Blake.

2.  She was the only female in the finale.

3.  She was consistent if not spectacular.

All in all I think Tstorm was better, but I don't have a big problem with her placing ahead of him (if that's actually the case.)