Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

KARISHMA PATEL

survivor-dean-kowalski-karishma-patel-38

lol well I guess I can just make this cut official so my write-up doesn’t go to waste. Karishma Patel is from the infamous Island of the Idols, and was one of the few people who recognized D*n was trash, so we have no choice but to stan for that. However, as a Survivor player, she was... a bit of a mess. Or a lot of a mess. But I digress. (Hey, that rhymed.) Anyway, Karishma found herself on the outs early on the game because - go figure - she was a financially stable, educated woman of colour. For whatever reason (we know why), she rubbed her tribunates the wrong way; this was no more evident than when she injured her finger early on and was upset nobody came to check on her. :dead: (I mean... if you're saying you're going to wait for medical, I can see why the tribemates were giving you space.) Nonetheless, she quickly developed 🐐 status because it came clear there was no way she was making it to the end and winning. (Well, sans going up against D*n and Noura, potentially; but I think Noura would take that.) Anyway, the most memorable part of her storyline - at least to Andrelliott - was her season-long rivalry with Dean where Dean voted for her at almost every tribal he was able to. :rofl: She did have an iconic moment of finding her Idol and playing it, which was entertaining.

Just now, JC said:

Nooooo I was hoping Karishma would survive, at least she won her season. I really enjoyed her on sequester too. She does take a hit for voting against adorable Dean though

Karisma robbed.  Was going to win this rankdown.

2 minutes ago, sublymonal said:

At this rate everyone is going to tank everyone’s faves and we’re going to end up with a completely random winner :haha:

Yea I am surprised its been this cordial.  Seems like a drama free final cut, as 5 of the cuts have already been posted and we aren't anywhere near the deadline.

23. CYDNEY GILLON (Kaoh Rong)

tumblr_o6osesZ7271uk37c2o1_500.gifv

Not my ideal choice from our original top 28, but a couple of my picks were already chosen and a couple were already cut...and I don't want to piss off potential allies with my actual ideal choice so I settled on Cydney. Cydney is a very, very, very solid character from one of the best seasons of the 30s. She is a fierce bodybuilder who started out on the Brawn tribe (To Tang) which was the unlucky tribe during the pre-merge. They went to Tribal Council first, second, and fourth, but Cydney was never really a target due to her strength and her ability to get along pretty well with everyone on the tribe. She was originally aligned with Scot and Jason, the two most reviled contestants that season, but quickly switched over to work with Aubry come merge. Cydney had a hand in one of the most epic blindsides that season, orchestrating Nick's vote-out the first vote at the merge (since Neal was medevac'ed). I liked Cydney for her entertaining and often shady confessionals, grit and tenacity, and for generally just being a badass b*tch all season long. She also had a very close relationship with Michele which we really didn't get to see all that well on screen, but clearly they were close as Cyd voted for Michele to win in the end over Aubry. Cydney was ultimately taken out at the final four after losing fire to Aubry. There is some debate as to whether Cyd would have had a chance to win if she made the F3, the most common theory is probably not because she burned two of the most vocal members of the jury (Scot and Jason), who would have likely campaigned for Michele to win at the end. Unfortunately we never got to know as she was cut at the final round before the end, just like in this rankdown :( Not my top choice to cut but out of who's left this is what I have settled on.

• Sad 3

tumblr_ph6pdkHogK1tair8no2_500.gif
Angelina Keeley

Angelina is my final cut since I remember zero about Survivor David vs Goliath as I used to watch it when I got home drunk. Maybe I need to rewatch it and really take the season in but I’m also hesitant due to how awful the most recent seasons have been apart from Winners at War. Angelina was a contestant on Survivor David vs Goliath and I couple actually stop there with her write up as I apparently retained absolutely nothing about how the season panned out. She formed an early all female alliance after finding a hidden immunity idol. That’s impressive since it’s usually the men so go girl power. I kind of don’t want to read any further down as I want to rewatch the season at some point and don’t want to be spoiled. She apparently placed third which is good but she could’ve been another Queen Tenerelli. If anyone wants to give her a proper write-up then feel free and I’ll bypass it so I’m not spoiled on anything. Sorry to those who wanted her in the final ranking but I’m the least attached. Blame the booze.

• Sad 3

@Zoey David vs Goliath is like the only good season from the past few years. :rofl:

But honestly, the fact that Angelina Keeney of all castaways is the one who got Probst and co. to realize that Survivor does actually have issues with gender? Queen sh*t.

I mean they still didn't put it to use in IotI and haven't really changed any of the advantages that favour men, but #lowstandards

• Like 2