Survivor Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Reveal Page 225)

Solaris

17. Sue Hawk

Survivor: Borneo 3rd Place

Survivor: All-Stars 13th place

SURVIVOR BORNEO POPULARITY POLL Survey

Average: 13.33

RANKINGS:

Alex - 3/20

Andrelliott - 10/20

Public - 11/20

Amanda - 13/20

Hayden - 13/20

Zoey - 15/20

JC - 16/20

Steven - 19/20

Andy - 20/20

ALEX

Sue Hawk

I think I've made my thoughts pretty clear on Sue for a long time now. She is the single most compelling character in Survivor history. Sue was so raw and real and I really connected with her and fell in love with her. She was just a regular joe truck driver who ended up on the adventure of a lifetime that ended in her creating the single most iconic speech...in the history of reality television I'll say.

I fell in love with Sue from the first moment we met her where she yelled at Rich to stop being lazy and demanding "ACTION!" from him. No one knew what they were getting into when they signed up for Survivor, including production. It very easily could've been a bunch of people becoming friends and starting a society together. Luckily you have a no-nonsense truck driver out there who rarely shows her vulnerable side and we got the drama we needed.

The most notable thing about Sue is her relationship with Kelly, which is possibly the most interesting and complex relationship in Survivor history. Sue's obviously not much of a girly girl and doesn't have many female friends. She joined the girls alliance early on, but pretty much reveled in backstabbing it in favor of her alliance with Rich, Rudy, and Kelly. Sue and Kelly got real close, especially as Kelly lost Stacey and had no one else to hang out with. Sue's confessional where she cried about how close she and Kelly are and how she hasn't had a sister like this since losing her best friend 20 years ago and that she won't f*ck her :broken: :broken: :broken:. One of the most heartwrenching confessionals ever, especially knowing how their relationship ends. Sue and Kelly's fight is super shocking and intense because we haven't really seen anything like that on Survivor before. Sue says she wants to vote Kelly out at this point, but I've always wondered if she actually would have. She never could because of Kelly's immunity streak, but I wonder if Sue would've had the heart to do it. She always had her eyes on the prize and she was so mad with Kelly I think she might've. Instead of Sue being able to backstab Kelly though, Kelly flips on her at the final four and sends a very bitter Sue to jury to give us this

There's nothing I could say about that except ICONIC.

I love Sue on her own as well. As a person and as a gamer. I frequently find myself returning to Sue's answer about alliances at tribal councils which, dare I say, is a speech I might almost prefer to snakes and rats.

"We're adults, this is a game. But the game also reflects a lot on real life and you always bring up this alliance thing. Well, America is run on alliance. The minute somebody gives money to the president for his campaign, as a lobbyist, that's an alliance. Don't tell me he doesn't think he doesn't owe him anything! Cause he does! They helped put him where he's at. Same thing goes when people join a church and they're not religious, but they join the church because they want to make connections for, they're an insurance agent and they want to sell more insurance in town, or they're a real estate agent and they want to sell real estate, and they want to meet up with people! So there is gonna be alliance. Don't tell me there ain't alliance!"

Honestly I think that is such a poignant way to describe how alliances were created in Survivor and deemed morally okay. It's nothing different than how people act in their everyday life. If Survivor is a microcosm of society, alliances were gonna happen.  Sue's intelligence is extremely underrated since she's such a character. She helped create these alliances and she defended them well. Sue is as much of an innovator on the show as Richard is. And Sue's reputation isn't destroyed from arrests and All-Stars and whatnot.

Which I guess brings me to her time on All-Stars. I am obviously completely #TeamSue. The way Richard violated her is heartbreaking and completely inexcusable. I will not judge or read into her motivations because she went through something traumatic. Up to that point I was really enjoying her though! She wasn't as loud and boisterous as in Borneo, but I was enjoying her feud with Big Tom. I also enjoyed Sue randomly beasting challenges despite being on of the oldest women there.

Sue is an icon, a legend, and an innovator of the show. I'm glad she made it to the end of the game here.

ANDRELLIOTT

SUE HAWK

Definitely an icon of the game, but I can't say I really have strong opinions on her. Snakes and Rats is still the GOAT of final tribal council speeches, though.  

PUBLIC

Sue is someone I expected to do well this time.  Certain rankers weren't part of the game to go after them.  Looked like Alex put some work into getting into her this far.  I ranked Sue 18th, I like her in the context of old school and no doubt she's a legend.  She's a unique character, but just not one of my absolute favorites.  Public pulled her ranking up though.

AMANDA

rSgC0.gif

Sue is one of many players who contributed to Borneo being such a great debut season of Survivor. Obviously, her "snakes and rats" tribal council speech is a legendary moment. Truly one of the best FTC speeches ever from a jury member and really set the standard in that regard. I was glad to see her return for all-stars, and it was heartbreaking and awful to see her go out the way she did. Anyway, we'll always have her iconic performance in Borneo and I'm glad she could bring some season 1 representation to this year's top 20.

HAYDEN

13.) Susan Hawk

Soo Hok was iconic for many reasons. The main two reasons have got to be her “rats and snakes” speech, and her votes for Souna, Derk, Grechen, Jeanne, and Gervis. :wub: Tragically, her second season was really bittersweet due to the circumstances surrounding her exit, but I support Sue and hope she’s doing well!

JC

Susan Hawk - Gosh I vaguely remember her as a strong old lady from the first season who was aligned with Richard Hatch I think. I have not seen the original season in awhile so I can not quite remember how she did, I want to say she made final 4 or something like that, but I might be wrong. Anyways, I really have no connection to her and she is solely just here because I like everyone else better or can remember them more than her. There was definitely no strategic ranking here, Sue just does not stick out in my mind as much as others in this top 20.

STEVEN

SUE HAWK

I don't really have much of an attachment to Sue Hawk, which is why she ranks this low on my rankings. I do recognize her contribution to the show, and her snakes vs. rats speech at the very first Final Tribal Council remains one of the most memorable moments of Reality TV. She was the first to really air her grievances towards the Final 2, and many more future castaways have followed her example throughout the show's run thus far. Sue returned for the All-Star season, but she quit after she was sexually harassed by Richard. She never should have had to go through that, and it's a shame how that all played out. Sorry for ranking Sue low on my list, but hopefully other rankers will give better write-ups.

ANDY

SUSAN HAWK - I don’t dislike Sue at all, I think she’s obviously an iconic OG from the original season of Survivor and her FTC speech about snakes and rats is golden standard television. I also think her run on All Stars is really sad to watch and she was treated with the worst disrespect by Richard, Jeff, most of the other castaways, and production in general. Sue is the original Survivor sexual misconduct victim and it’s really sad and infuriating that the show portrayed her to be a messy wreck when really she should have been treated with dignity and respect, and Rich should have been thrown out of the game or reprimanded in some way…..anyways I digress, overall Sue is just not one of my favorites or someone I consider to be a personal top tier Survivor character. I would have cut her if some of my allies didn’t stan her but I’m not mad at her being in the top 20 either. I just think she’s my least favorite left out of the top 20. *shrugs*

@Alex95 @*Amanda @sublymonal @Elliott @#jeah @hayden98 @JC @Steven_ @Zoey

Edited by Solaris

Alex

3. Sue Hawk

4. Sean Rector

17. Ian Rosenberger

20. Yul Kwon

Amanda

13. Sue Hawk

17. Ian Rosenberger

18. Yul Kwon

20. Sean Rector

Andrelliott

2. Ian Rosenberger

9. Yul Kwon

10. Sue Hawk

12. Sean Rector

Andy

9. Sean Rector

17. Yul Kwon

19. Ian Rosenberger

20. Sue Hawk

Hayden

13. Sue Hawk

15. Sean Rector

19. Yul Kwon

20. Ian Rosenberger

JC

2. Yul Kwon

7. Ian Rosenberger 

8. Sean Rector

16. Sue Hawk

Public

9. Yul Kwon

11. Sue Hawk

18. Sean Rector

20. Ian Rosenberger

Steven

14. Yul Kwon

17. Sean Rector

18. Ian Rosenberger

19. Sue Hawk

Zoey

9. Ian Rosenberger

14. Yul Kwon

15. Sue Hawk

20. Sean Rector

Just now, Solaris said:

She is an icon, but there are many icons left in this in my opinion.  

I'm not saying the opposite, but just feel like Sue Hawk cemented what the show would become. IDK. Her storytelling in Borneo is still stronger than just about anything I have seen on this show.