Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

5 minutes ago, #jeah said:

I enjoy Coach in Tocantins because he’s absolutely delusional and allows Erinn to give really entertaining soundbites in her confessionals

I love Erinn shitting all over Timbira, highlight of the season.  I didn't care for tocantins coach.

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

And Tocantins is one of my favorites :haha: I don’t know how you can objectively call the winner awful. It’s a really straightforward season but it’s also fun and the character who is “treated terribly” makes it farther than one of their bullies so it still feels okay.

Tocantins is one of my favorite seasons as well loved it.

• Like 1

Erinn is an incredibly underrated player imo what she managed to do after being a target from the early pre-merge was really impressive, and if she had won final immunity and taken Stephen I could see her winning the season

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Erinn is an incredibly underrated player imo what she managed to do after being a target from the early pre-merge was really impressive, and if she had won final immunity and taken Stephen I could see her winning the season

same.  Except big spoiler for Dee.  :haha:

Erinn was the most interesting player.  Seeing her actively seeking revenge on Timbira is a fun story line.

Idk, Coach is equally as big on honor as he is being sexist, so maybe if Stephen took Erinn to the finals she could win because he broke his word to JT? I think there’s a path for her to win somewhere iirc but maybe not

5 hours ago, Elliott said:

Yeah. He knows all the winners. 

Ok I didn’t want to spoil him the winner.

but I wanted to say that is pretty funny that JT is the first winner that played a “perfect game” but he sucked hard in his following seasons :haha:

4 minutes ago, .Rei said:

but I wanted to say that is pretty funny that JT is the first winner that played a “perfect game” but he sucked hard in his following seasons :haha:

Tocantins is the only good iteration of JT

19 minutes ago, .Rei said:

His move in HvV isn’t as bad as everyone made it out to be, imo. Like yeah giving your Idol to the opposing tribe was stupid, but I can see his rationale given what knowledge he had and the events of Micronesia. Plus it led to Queen Parvati giving the single greatest tribal council performance. :wub:

His performance in Game Changers was a hot mess though and his OTT hatred of Michaela always seemed lowkey racist to me. He and Stephen really need the other to succeed at Survivor. :haha: 

THOUGHTS ON SURVIVOR: GABON

Survivor_Gabon_Official_Logo.png

Gabon is not a normal season of Survivor. In fact, the entire season is a joke? A farce? Gabon almost seems like a parody of the show! There is no strategy. There are zero good players. Hardly anybody is likable. Everybody is some degree of mentally and emotionally unstable. Nobody seems to know what they are actually doing there? The amount of nonsensical and weird sh* that happens in Gabon makes watching this season quite the surreal experience to be honest. As bizarre as the season might be, Gabon is truly one of the most entertaining and unique experiences I have ever had with a reality competition show. 

I do not even know what there is to say about Gabon other than that this season is 16 hours of pure insanity. Truly. A season of competitive reality competition that is so wild and disastrous that you completely forget about the competition and remember that the glory comes from watching a bunch of horrible people from different walks of life attempt to tolerate one another. Gabon feels miserable, but there is entertainment in the hilarity.

I feel like this article I read explains very well why I love Gabon, and why everybody should love this season! While I might not have it ranked at the top of the seasons, I want to drive home the fact that it is incredible television from start to finish. There is a clear drop in quality between Gabon and Africa in my seasons ranking. The people are horrible. The competitive aspect is horrible. The strategy is horrible. The winner is horrible. The outcomes are horrible. But it's the perfect example of a train wreck that you cannot help but to watch!

CAST RANKING

1. Jessica "Sugar" Kiper Easily one of the most compelling Survivor contestants ever. Her entire experience on the show is emotionally exhausting and tumultuous, but also sickeningly raw and truthful. Sugar is the epitome of reality television at its finest - uncomfortable, yet compelling. Sugar tells this story of a lost soul, trying to overcome the recent loss of her father. She is clearly not prepared for this experience, and is unable to keep herself in check at any point during the show. Yet somehow she benefitted from her emotions. Honestly. I have never watched an individual play such an emotionally charged game, yet still masterfully navigate herself to the end of the season? Her entire existence in Gabon was just to give everybody the middle finger and f*ck with everybody's expectations! It's honestly pretty awesome stuff! Sugar ran that game, played her heart out, and gave no f*cks at any point. Except she gave so many f*cks. Gabon is Sugar's season to dominate, but also her season to lose. And she fizzles out of the competition at Final Tribal Council in a blaze of absolute f*cking glory. When you put the competition aspect of the show aside, you can truly marvel at what she does to completely block herself from winning a million dollars. Despite the fact that you can clearly tell everybody sans Corinne wanted Sugar to win the million dollars! But from start to finish, Sugar showed that she did not care to do what was expected of her. Sugar did not even care to do what was smart or right! Sugar just did what her emotions led her to do in the moment, a person that truly jumps first and looks later. I have never been so invested and shocked and confused and enthralled by an individual journey on this show. I love Sugar, despite her character flaws, despite her addictions, despite her emotional traumas. I love her because all of those things make Sugar a real human with a real story to tell. 

2. Randy Bailey - He made a really horrid comment that I do not agree with when he claimed that "Crystal and GC were running the tribe like a gang," but I am going to still rank him this highly because of how iconically horrendous and entertaining he was. Whether he is screaming while at Tribal Council loud enough for everybody to hear who he is voting for, feuding with Crystal or Sugar, trolling Crystal for crying at challenges, trolling anybody he can whenever he wins a challenge, getting furious because of Sugar refusing his chocolate chip cookie, throwing the immunity idol in the ocean and then swiveling wine in a glass as he claims his dominance over the game...Randy is an iconic troll-like human being that made for a hilarious villain. He screamed at everybody, was rude to everybody, and had a God Complex so severe that I would have been willing to claim that he has a personality disorder. Narcissistic personality disorder to be exact. LOL. The grumpiest individual I have ever watched on television. What a miserable soul! I love how upset he was to have to vote for Susie in the endgame! The same person who claimed she felt sorry for him! UGH. SUCH A GREAT CHARACTER.

3. Crystal Cox - What an entertaining sloppy mess. LOL. The gold medal winning Olympian that actually was stripped of her accolades due to doping was the most physically imposing contestant maybe ever? Except I have never seen a more terrible Survivor competitor in my life. Between her horrid personality and disastrous performances in every single challenge, I am truly surprised that Crystal advanced as far as she did into the season. But yet her horrid personality and disastrous challenge performances made Gabon the oddly entertaining season that it was! Her being inept at absolutely everything was hilarious. She managed to fight with every single individual and made everybody besides Ken hate her. My favorite line of the season might be Crystal standing at Tribal Council voting for Randy and screaming, "You have made my life a living hell! Forget you!" And yet Crystal could not ascend into true villainy because she was such a horrible game player! LOL. Though she did accomplish the Marcus blindside! So kudos to her. I just laughed at Crystal the entire season, whether she is verbally sparring with Randy or spilling every single grain of rice and trying to scoop it back into the top and then refusing to eat rice but then getting mad when nobody saved her rice anyways!!??!?!?!?! Crystal is the delusional and entertaining non-villainy villain we all need!!! What an exciting ride she took us on the entire season. Her actually being best friends with Marcus' cousin and promising him that she would never write his name down, but immediately going to confessional and admitting to not being serious about this promise. Bringing her medal to the reunion!!!! "Brains, beauty, blazing speed, and brawn!" THE BIGGEST JOKE OF THE SEASON WE LOVE TO SEE IT. Telling Probst that she did not suck at the challenge, she was just not participating! Or when she is demanding that people "EAT THEIR RICE!" 

4. Ken Hoang - Kenny is a fun character, more because he thinks that he is some strategic mastermind and the show tries to portray him to be the strategic mastermind. In reality, Kenny is a super pathetic player who accomplished the blindsides of Ace + Charlie. LOL. After which, he was completely outplayed by Sugar over and over and over until his elimination. Kenny took quite the journey on this show. He started as the super geek professional video game player amongst a bunch of social individuals with more athletic ability than him. Kenny feels like a fish out of water, but is still very concerned with hot women. Which leads to him randomly partnering up with Michelle and offering her a termite to east as a gift. She is voted off first, much to his dismay. Kenny then becomes the next target of Fang, but survives because Gillian is just too weak of a competitor. He is then the reason for the one immunity win experienced by Fang. The first tribe swap occurs, and Kenny stays with the cursed Fang tribe. He forms this very unlikely partnership with Crystal that lasts for the rest of the game, and is honestly one of the more interesting duos to have formed on this show. This first tribe swap definitely keeps Kenny alive in the game, since the majority of the old Fang tribe maintained their position. He also comes alive as a player during this time, convincing Sugar to turn on Ace and blindside him out of the game. I guess you could say that Kenny and Crystal played a big part in outing Jacquie from the game, but she was a non-factor with no real numbers on her side anyways. One of the funniest moments is at the second tribe swap feast, when Kenny found the note and thought he was secretly going to read it, but was caught immediately. LOL. SO PATHETIC EVERYBODY ON GABON IS. Anyways, the plot to overthrow Marcus was mainly thanks to Crystal, since she did not like his idea to vote out Kenny. She worked Susie over, not Kenny. But he really thought highly of himself after that move, and this ego only grew after he started to concoct a plan to blindside Charlie out of revenge. He made up a lie that Charlie was actually the leader of the OG Kota alliance, which was enough to boot Charlie from the competition. At this point, Kenny feels really highly of himself and starts to see himself as an equal to these people who do more than just hang out in their room and play a video game. Kenny even starts to catch food and provide at camp. You want to think it's a compelling story arc, but you just know that he is destined for stupidity since he is part of the Gabon season. His blindside of Marcus was not his plan, and Marcus was the obvious threat to all anyways. He had no real reason to come for Charlie, except for his own weird personal vendetta. And then he concocts some weird plan with Crystal to flush Corinne's fake idol that he thinks is actually real, and blindside Matty in the process. Matty being one of his alliance members. Needless to say, this plan fails and Corinne is voted out, Matty learns of the blindside, and becomes upset with Kenny. Of course, Kenny is shaking in his boots and tries to convince the person he just attempted to blindside of the fake idol. Matty does not believe him, and now Kenny sort of guilts Bob into offering him the Individual Immunity in the chance that the latter wins. Kenny's "masterful" game is very quickly proven to be nothing other than a farce, he is just as bad of a player as everybody else! Kenny thinks he can "Erik" Bob out of the competition, but is easily caught by Sugar. Once again. Who runs to Bob and tells him of the plan, which causes him to not give up the idol. Kenny switches his vote to Matty, and Sugar smartly maneuvers around this decision, and blindsides Crystal, leaving Kenny alone in the game. He was super upset with Bob, but yet somehow thought he would survive beyond Final Five. Yeah. No way. I wrote all of this just to exemplify the HORRIBLE LACK OF STRATEGY that plagues Gabon. Kenny is the perfect example of a player that thought he was doing incredible stuff, but really just sucked and lacked any forethought. LOL. 

5. Danny "GC" Brown - GC is ranking this high for being absolutely pathetic. Period. I know that might be a horrible reason to rank somebody this highly, but you just had to laugh at his time in Gabon. First of all, G Swizzle walking into this competition with some gusto that would make you think he is long for the competition. Instead, his 15 day experience consists of quitting nearly every challenge or giving zero effort, nearly missing a challenge because he rowed himself away to escape the tribe, being appointed leader despite vocally stating he does not want to be the leader, being forced to make a fire since he is the leader, quitting the leadership position a mere 24 hours after his appointment, fighting with Gillian, and quitting the competition essentially. His messiness is the perfect representation of this season, and I really enjoyed watching him be a disaster.

6. Ace Gordon - An interesting villain in that he is not as bad as most villains, but he does enough to just get under your skin. Ace had Sugar doing whatever he wanted, turned all of the other women against him, had a seriously questionable British accent, made zero friends but still was not eliminated as early as one would expect, led the tribe in group yoga, admired the wildlife, went on and on about how high class/cultured/traveled he is, boasted about being a fashion photographer. Basically, everything about Ace is a complete lie and you know that everything he says should not be considered the truth. LOL. A very weird character. He came across completely slimy and sleazy, but never treated anybody poorly, despite trying to place himself on a pedestal and act like he had the game in the bag. Until his pretty glorious downfall at the hands of Sugar, the individual he thought he had completely in his pocket. Just one of the many stupid strategists of the season, but he is pretty laughable the entire time. 

7. Gillian Larson - This is how you do the first boot episode properly. Elephant dung. Her looking at Randy gushing blood and saying that she does not see a thing. The incessant cheering that would not stop and even drove Jeff to ask her to stop. Somehow scrambling enough to save herself over Michelle. Pushing GC to be the leader and make the fire. Fighting with GC because he woke her up. Her inventing "Blah Blah Blah." Almost convincing Fang to eliminate Dan over her. What an icon. 

8. Susie Smith - LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. She is such a joke contestant that even Jeff was laughing and asking her how the f*ck she made it to the finals or even received votes. Her edit is so bad, you almost start to forget that she is on the show. And when she finally does appear on screen, you are wondering if she was just beamed down from a UFO or something. Susie was also very matter-of-fact and devoid of energy, so everything she said sort of has this lulzy inherently facetious quality to it. "To be honest Corinne, I was going to vote for you." "I think we're going to have to change the name to Susie Shack." Her always seeming to be accepting fo her fate with no emotion, so you never really know if she is pissed off or just totally unbothered. Susie was never in control of the game and 99% of the time had no idea what was happening until somebody told her what to do. She did smartly blindside Marcus. Randomly won two individual immunities, one of which drastically impacted the outcome of the game. She royally upset Randy by calling him out for being a bitter, sad, hurt old man. She somehow talks enough to piss off Bob of all people. She gives what I guess could be considered the best performance at FTC. But I am left with questions. Is she a hairdresser or is she a teacher? I also thought she was a stay-at-home mom? Her bizarre edit and bizarre journey on the show is so laughably horrible that you kind of enjoy her in retrospect?

9. Paloma Soto-Castillo - Paloma randomly being a righteously evil b*tch is the stuff I live for! Her snorting as she watched the tribe engage in group yoga.Her attempting to fight Crystal and  Randy. Randomly going off on Ace at Tribal Council and her exit line being absolutely iconic: “If Ace wins the million dollars I’ll probably never watch Survivor again.” 🤎

10. Kelly Czarnecki - Gotta love her randomly going off on Ace at Tribal Council and forming a two-episode rivalry with him, as well as exposing herself for being a stereotypically dumb blonde. Very low-key at the start, but she managed to stick around long enough to have some funny moments.

11. Dan Kay - RIP Dan. I liked Dan. Honestly. I found his major social insecurities compelling, and almost bordering on pretty raw and emotional television. Coupled with the fact that he introduced himself as "finding himself," you could just tell there was a lot internally happening with him. His trip to Exile Island was hilarious, as we watched him search for the Idol in every imaginable place besides where you might actually find the Idol. Dan constantly approaching people and telling them to keep him informed because he is insecure is both funny and sad. Not much more to say about him.

12. Matty Whitmore - I just did not care for him all that much? He is really boring and I think the season tried to depend on him to narrate or drive the storyline, but he did nothing of the sort. Matty was pretty nice and pretty level-headed. Most of the time he seemed like he was there for the experience rather than the win, which would make sense considering his grandfather is a legacy actor. Him proposing to his long-time partner was really sweet, and a very tender moment. Except this is Survivor and I am here for drama, not feel-good proposals. Matty plays a good game all things considered, since he was considered the largest physical threat and advanced to the Final Four. Funny thing is, Matty never really impressed me in any single challenge and hardly won. He complained a lot, like when Bob took Ken and Crystal on reward instead of him. Matty never impressed me. Yeah. he received a lot of screen time, but never did anything with it, except for maybe when he ran and told Sugar that Randy was on the chopping block and Randy overheard.

13. Michelle Chase - A fun first boot. Randomly pairs up with Ken and eats a termite. Randomly b*tchy, especially when considering that Gillian might outlast her. Her being upset because they are near the equator and she is cold. Referring to herself as The Girl in Purple. Just solid entertainment for 40 minutes.

14. Jacquie Berg - Who? I just remember laughing when she was trying to talk to Crystal and save herself, and she slowly started welling up with tears. That is all I remember about her.

15. Charlie Herschel - Just like Marcus. Really cute. Playing a solid game. Very sweet on the surface. Except he also tried to defend Corinne's behavior, which automatically makes him unlikable in my eyes. You could also smell his desperation through the television, he wanted to bottom for Marcus. Point blank period. Apparently, he was involved in ostracizing Crystal in Ponderosa. Yikes. Charlie was also a very boring individual. So this feels fair.

16. Marcus Lehman - At first, I really liked Marcus. He seemed like a really sweet guy, super attractive, and he was playing a pretty solid game. I liked him up until his FTC speech, where he became super bitter and rude for no reason, and then proceeded to defend Corinne at the Reunion. Yeah, no. IDC how annoying Sugar is as a human being, Corinne is simply indefensible. Then there is the news that he ostracized Crystal at Ponderosa along with his minions, which honestly seems completely truthful. Therefore, he has to rank down here because he is clearly not a good person. I should have known better after Elliott posted that IG photo of him thirst trapping in front of his mother. LOL. Also, did not see his penis during the challenge. So he is really useless to me.

17. Corinne Kaplan - An insecure, vile, disgusting human being that claimed to be some "no filter truth-teller" and spent the entire season talking sh*t behind the backs of others and in confessionals. When did she actually confront somebody outside of her attack on Sugar at FTC? The answer is never. Because it's very often people like Corinne that claim to be about that life who are in reality chicken sh*t. Even she admitted that she was practically non-existent in the first half of the season, only becoming a factor at the tribe-swap + merge. Corinne played a pretty horrible game, relying on the majority alliance led by Marcus. An alliance the was so very easily dismantled. Corinne thought that somehow agreeing to a second fake idol plan was smart. Her comments did not read as dry and sarcastic like she tried to portray herself as being. Things like hoping all of these people have miserable lives, stabbing Susie in the face, calling Dan a "former fatty" that is just looking for acceptance, her entire FTC speech where she begged Bob to be nasty towards others and proceeded to make fun of Sugar for grieving her recently deceased father + unemployed status + mental health issues/addiction. Yeah f*ck her. She is not a villain, she is just a piece of sh*t human being. 

18. Robert "Bob" Crowley - A pervert on multiple accounts. A horrid winner with seriously terrible gameplay, though he was surprisingly great at competitions. His contributions to the season were convincingly fake idols, one of which did not even work. His win is a complete wash and obviously he is a gross person after my research into his behavior. Worst winner ever.

MY FAVORITE MOMENT

tumblr_mx4zl9pTRN1qjmlvso1_500.gifv

SEASON RANKING

1. Pearl Islands 

2. Borneo

3. Panama - Exile Island

4. China

5. Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites

6. The Amazon

7. Palau

8. Vanuatu

9. Gabon