Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

11 minutes ago, .Rei said:

I mean you two are not wrong, but there were some moments that I enjoyed 

I would’ve enjoyed it more if they actually edited Sarah to portray her winning game as the villainous run it was rather than taking out any sense of villainy.

And someone being auto-eliminated for not being good at playing finders keepers goes against everything Survivor was supposed to be about.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I would’ve enjoyed it more if they actually edited Sarah to portray her winning game as the villainous run it was rather than taking out any sense of villainy.

And someone being auto-eliminated for not being good at playing finders keepers goes against everything Survivor was supposed to be about.

I agree with you in both opinions 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, .Rei said:

wait until you watch Ghost Island, Edge of Extinction and Island of the Idols 😶

I mean comparatively, EoE isn’t terrible   like GI and IotI were. At least it didn’t have a sexual misconduct scandal. :/ #lowstandards

1 hour ago, .Rei said:

I agree with this, which is when a contestant is able to win the game despite not dominating with "big or flashy moves" I tend to gravitate towards that person. 

I really like Aubrey and think she played a fantastic game but she also lacked in the social game aspect which is what costed her the game and benefit Michele at the end. Which is why I think that in any combination involving any of the top 4 and Michele, ends up with Michele winning anyways.

It is pretty much what happened to Parvati in Heroes & Villains, and while I will always be Parvati's biggest supporter, I would never deny the social game that Sandra played in that season.  Yes, there are always bitter jury members that are just such losers, but a part of the game is to be able to sell your case to them and get their votes.

Also let’s be real - if Neal wasn’t medevac’ed when he was, Aubry was likely toast at the merge.

• Like 1

Just now, #jeah said:

Also let’s be real - if Neal wasn’t medevac’ed when he was, Aubry was likely toast at the merge.

Most definitely, but the same applies to Michele with Joe. The two of them were definitely spared my the evacuations! LOL

52 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Most definitely, but the same applies to Michele with Joe. The two of them were definitely spared my the evacuations! LOL

True but if Aubry had gone then we can’t assume the Michele/Joe situation would have happened…the rabbit hole gets deeper lol 

Glad to see you enjoyed Kaoh Rong! One of the first modern seasons I really watched in real time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. A great cast, some key rootable players and key people to root against lol.

Michele is.. an interesting case for me. Because by very definition I feel like she fits the sort of person I would like well enough but feel was overhyped and wouldn't root for. I do think she is a little overhyped (moreso from what I've seen on social media) but also.. I really rooted for her. I can understand why people don't necessarily as I don't think she is set up to have one of the most engaging arcs perhaps. Especially sat next to someone like Aubry who obviously has the compelling growth from nervous wreck to brilliant strategist. So tbh I can totally get all the points you make about her, I'd need to watch the season again to really focus more on the actual moves she made in the game. I just think she comes across to be a really likeable character when she does get shown and that perhaps has slightly tinted how I objectively would view her as a player and winner. :haha:

Aubry's someone I really rooted for on KR and then I think maybe I was kinda burned out by Aubry from future appearances. Not something I blame on her, gotta take those opportunities while you can grab them! But yeah her first season was definitely great and totally get why you ranked her #1.

Cydney :wub: Quite possibly my favourite one-time player? Just adored her. Felt the same as you in those first couple of episodes and wasn't sure where I was going to land on her. Her elimination was really sad to see and I hope to see her back one day, although she (unsurprisingly) still seems to be dominating it in her bodybuilding career so I guess it might be a little time yet. Hope when she is ready that there is a slot for her.

Lastly I have to talk about you putting Alecia this high.. and how it is totally deserved 🙂 Icon! Alecia was done so dirty and deserved so much better. Scot and Jason were beyond gross. Did not like how Jennifer was to her either (Jennifer above Michele I will pretend I didn't see it :kissbye:) but obviously Scot/Jason were far more awful. Obviously didn't seem the right fit for the Brawn tribe but then you have some great storytelling moment where after like 4 episodes, you kinda realise she is showing herself to be stronger than any of the on-paper 'strong' guys on her tribe. Held her own throughout, was always in the right and fought to the end! A queen at the end of the day!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

However it was the season where I became a Sandra stan*, so there’s that.

*before anyone @s me, yes I’m a bitter Parvati stan

same here on both accounts.  It was the first time I was like damn Sandra go girl.  

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely agree with the Aubry win. She's easily the most fascinating newbie of the 30's and three-season arc is tremendous (though knowing the behind-the-scenes tea for GC helps). I hate the narrative that has formed around her that she's a bad social player because I think that couldn't be further from the truth. Aubry flipping Tai was the pivotal move of the season and that was solely a social move. She bonded with Tai, got to know him, and used their social connection to flip him. The social game has become equated with who has the most friends but that's not what it means. The problem with Aubry's game was that it was too hidden. The jury didn't realize how important Aubry was for shifting the tides of the game against the Brawn men. Her Oregon Trail confessional is also one of the best in Survivor history and gives me goosebumps every time.

Also agree with Tai & Cydney rounding out the the top three. Then I'd have Alecia after that and Debbie & Michele tied somewhere below that. Tai & Cydney are amazing and deserve the world. Alecia is one of the best premerge boots ever and deserves the world (bonus love for the DRAGGINGS Alecia gave Scot & Jason while the season was airing). Debbie is the perfect early jury boot. She's around long enough to stir the pot, and leaves before the caricature overstays her welcome. Though I am firmly in the Michele is Fine camp, I'd at least have her higher than Julia & Jenny lol. Michele in the final six TC alone where she #drags Tai to filth is worthy of being higher than the second boot lol.

After that, it can go in whichever order you'd like with Jason & Scot obviously at the bottom. I do have a soft spot for Grandpa Joe. He came, he was a minion of Debbie then Aubry, then he left. You really can't ask more from a c00t old man on Survivor.