Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

2 minutes ago, #jeah said:

T-Bird not number one is a crime 💔

I really struggled with ranking the top three. T-Bird and/or Lex are probably the correct number one for the season, most complex characters and players. I think I just connected to how psycho Kelly acted. Is that wrong to say? :dead:

T-Bird getting robbed of Second Chance in favor of Kelley f*cking Wentworth will forever be an injustice (yes I know Wentworth's an "icon" now or whatever but you cannot look at her on SJDS and say that it's deserved, I'd rather have T-Bird's second chance than "Savage does not count" unpop opinion).

Righteous Big Tom ranking. Even watching Africa when I was younger and less socially #woke I noticed there was something...off about his treatment of Clarence. Obviously I felt quite vindicated on my rewatch when I realized "Ohh there's not something that's off, he's racist!"

Ethan's a bit too low for my liking, but he was kinda bland in Africa. But when the other winner options are Lex and Tom, I'll happily take the sweet but bland hottie cruising to victory any day.

Also his amazing later season appearances help things.

Samburu is an iconic tribe thanks to the mean gurl clique of hot lazy young people led by Lindsey Richter (and Silas Gaither grr I used to love that idiotic douchebag). Lindsey is still an all-time amazing pre-merger though.

23 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lindsey is still an all-time amazing pre-merger though.

Her going from being over-the-top negative in every episode to getting hero music as she gets eliminated and has an epiphany is still one of the funniest moments of Survivor to me. ❤️

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

T-Bird getting robbed of Second Chance in favor of Kelley f*cking Wentworth will forever be an injustice (yes I know Wentworth's an "icon" now or whatever but you cannot look at her on SJDS and say that it's deserved, I'd rather have T-Bird's second chance than "Savage does not count" unpop opinion).

Or even Monica, lmao.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Or even Monica, lmao.

I think if we look back in time post-Cambodia, it's easy to call Monica the weak link. Wentworth has obviously made a name for herself and Monica is just some random. However, I happily voted for Monica every chance I could and I think she's someone who "Second Chance" is all about. She knocked Russell down multiple pegs in Samoa and realized, a little too late, she should've been doing that all along. She made mistakes, learned from them a little too late, and needed a Second Chance to prove she knew what she was doing. Of course getting iced by Kimmi Kappenberg at her first tribal council isn't exactly the most compelling story in the world, but I still don't think she was the mistake in the cast given the information we had at the time. Kelley obviously did have potential, and I guess it's nice to see that potential realized in a near-win in Cambodia, but I still don't think it was worth price of admission of losing T-Bird. If T-Bird does eventually return, I'll be more okay with Kelley having been chosen.

I love Africa. Of the first 10 seconds, it's my second favourite behind Palau. It does have its boring moments, but even then, the danger of them living within wildlife is still exciting to me. Also never forget the time Mark Burnett himself had to scold one of the tribes for not taking their shelter seriously and dragging them for putting his production team at risk. :giggle:

I think overall T-Bird's my favourite of the season, and I was gutted she lost out on the second chance vote. Hopefully she comes back soon, but I get the impression production's kind of forgotten about her. :( I f*cking hated Lex in Africa and even more so after All Stars, so he'd be close to the bottom of my ranking. #TeamKelly on that battle, even if I also wouldn't rank her that high. S*las was one of my favourites IN the season, and was usually cited as someone people wanted back since he was the original contestant to get swap screwed. Though obviously he ain't sh*t nowadays.

The Frank/Brandon storyline was f*cking hilarious, even if it seemed like part of Frank's hatred for Brandon was because of Brandon being gay. :ph34rwave: I'd probably hate Frank if he was in a modern season, but I find him lowkey entertaining during the season and the edit probably hid a lot, so it is what it is.

I was fine with Ethan winning, considering I liked him more than everyone else in that final four. He's someone I like more for his story / outside of Survivor stuff than as a part of Survivor. Speaking of the final four, you should look up the "drama" surrounding the final four tribal challenge. A mess! (tl;dr: Production intended for the quiz to only be about those who made the jury stage. The contestants were not told, so Lex's answer of Lindsey was actually correct, even though he was eliminated for it. Lindsey - of course - made this known at the finale/reunion airing, so production paid Lex and Tom the same amount Kim got paid.)

Lindsey Richter. :wub: One of my favourite pre-merge contestants ever. Absolutely terrible at the game, but amazing television. She was the pre-merge villain that season needed, and I lived for the edit suddenly painting her as the fallen hero when she got eliminated after they'd gone so over-the-top in portraying her as a negative contestant up to that point. :dead: She's someone I'd love to see come back nowadays, though that'll obviously never happen. :rofl:

Diane... Jessie... Linda... whomst? (And Linda that high? Child.) Tom sucks. Next.

I probably won't have detailed comments for Marquesas because I'm not really huge on that season unlike most of the fanbase, so let me know when it's time to start drunk watching Thailand. :giggle:

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I love Africa. Of the first 10 seconds, it's my second favourite behind Palau. It does have its boring moments, but even then, the danger of them living within wildlife is still exciting to me. Also never forget the time Mark Burnett himself had to scold one of the tribes for not taking their shelter seriously and dragging them for putting his production team at risk. :giggle:

I think overall T-Bird's my favourite of the season, and I was gutted she lost out on the second chance vote. Hopefully she comes back soon, but I get the impression production's kind of forgotten about her. :( I f*cking hated Lex in Africa and even more so after All Stars, so he'd be close to the bottom of my ranking. #TeamKelly on that battle, even if I also wouldn't rank her that high. S*las was one of my favourites IN the season, and was usually cited as someone people wanted back since he was the original contestant to get swap screwed. Though obviously he ain't sh*t nowadays.

The Frank/Brandon storyline was f*cking hilarious, even if it seemed like part of Frank's hatred for Brandon was because of Brandon being gay. :ph34rwave: I'd probably hate Frank if he was in a modern season, but I find him lowkey entertaining during the season and the edit probably hid a lot, so it is what it is.

I was fine with Ethan winning, considering I liked him more than everyone else in that final four. He's someone I like more for his story / outside of Survivor stuff than as a part of Survivor. Speaking of the final four, you should look up the "drama" surrounding the final four tribal challenge. A mess! (tl;dr: Production intended for the quiz to only be about those who made the jury stage. The contestants were not told, so Lex's answer of Lindsey was actually correct, even though he was eliminated for it. Lindsey - of course - made this known at the finale/reunion airing, so production paid Lex and Tom the same amount Kim got paid.)

Lindsey Richter. :wub: One of my favourite pre-merge contestants ever. Absolutely terrible at the game, but amazing television. She was the pre-merge villain that season needed, and I lived for the edit suddenly painting her as the fallen hero when she got eliminated after they'd gone so over-the-top in portraying her as a negative contestant up to that point. :dead: She's someone I'd love to see come back nowadays, though that'll obviously never happen. :rofl:

Diane... Jessie... Linda... whomst? (And Linda that high? Child.) Tom sucks. Next.

I probably won't have detailed comments for Marquesas because I'm not really huge on that season unlike most of the fanbase, so let me know when it's time to start drunk watching Thailand. :giggle:

latest?cb=20151005001130

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Monica always seemed like a random inclusion to me (as did Wentworth, to be fair) in that cast. At the time, I would've taken Sabrina and T-Bird over them two, tbh.

The women's cast was just impeccable there were like 12 people I needed in the cast so it was a shame there weren't enough spots. Natalie, Stephanie, and Mikayla were the only women I didn't really want so I'm still content enough with the cast since they were three of the six women to miss. And Carolyn, though I enjoyed her towards the end of Worlds Apart, I didn't need to see so soon again (though I would love to see her randomly pop up now that it's been a while).

I voted for Sabrina a few times and she's someone I felt deserved a second chance, but I remember that she lost a friend during the campaign or something so her heart was never really into the campaign and I was afraid that would transfer over to the show. So all five of those women getting cut made sense to me and I was okay with. The T-Bird cut will forever sting though.

Just now, Alex95 said:

I voted for Sabrina a few times and she's someone I felt deserved a second chance, but I remember that she lost a friend during the campaign or something so her heart was never really into the campaign and I was afraid that would transfer over to the show.

I remember that, though I think she said she was looking forward to the show as a way of helping her clear her mind. :( She was my favourite in OW, so I was bummed to see her miss out. Especially since she's someone I don't think the show really cares about bringing back... even though they've brought back Troyzan, Colton and Kat and Monica Culpepper though I like her of all people.

5 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Righteous Big Tom ranking. Even watching Africa when I was younger and less socially #woke I noticed there was something...off about his treatment of Clarence. Obviously I felt quite vindicated on my rewatch when I realized "Ohh there's not something that's off, he's racist!"

Ethan's a bit too low for my liking, but he was kinda bland in Africa. But when the other winner options are Lex and Tom, I'll happily take the sweet but bland hottie cruising to victory any day.

Reveal hidden contents

Also his amazing later season appearances help things.

Samburu is an iconic tribe thanks to the mean gurl clique of hot lazy young people led by Lindsey Richter (and Silas Gaither grr I used to love that idiotic douchebag). Lindsey is still an all-time amazing pre-merger though.

Big Tom was honestly a horrible human being. Homophobic, racist, misogynistic, and perverted. I hated that he lasted so long and everybody just seemed to laugh at his behavior. LOL.

I feel like people really like Ethan, but I just cannot see why. Speaking only on his time in Africa! 

Unpopular Opinion: Lex > Ethan. 

Lindsay was an icon that needed to last longer. What a mess. What an edit. 

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

Her going from being over-the-top negative in every episode to getting hero music as she gets eliminated and has an epiphany is still one of the funniest moments of Survivor to me. ❤️

Such a hilarious character progression. :lmao:

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

I could see why people enjoy Africa, but maybe watching it directly after viewing The Australian Outback was a mistake. Between The Australian Outback and Africa, I needed a break from the danger. There were a few times I was legitimately worried for them, even though I have seen this season before and know that nothing happens. LOL.

T-Bird is a gem. So am I correct in assuming she was almost brought back, but then was abandoned by production in favor of other people? If so, what a mistake. T-Bird is a legend.

I am curious as to why you hated Lex. Not saying he is a likable guy, but I think he is maybe the most important character of the season. And he is not a disgusting person by any means.

I hate Frank! But he is so iconic as a character, and the editors must have realized how unintentionally hilarious he would be. Hence the edit which most definitely hid most of his ignorance. Or maybe Big Tom was so bad that they did not want two disgusting edits to make the cut. The rivalry between the two is just too funny.

I did read up on the Final Four Immunity Challenge debacle. LOL. And of course Lindsey would be the person to cause the truth to come out after everything had happened. What a f*cking icon. I love her so much. The edit she was given is just too much. :dead:

I will not have much to say about Marquesas. Too boring. Too religious. Too underwhelming.

@#jeah @Elliott when should the Thailand + drinking begin?

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I could see why people enjoy Africa, but maybe watching it directly after viewing The Australian Outback was a mistake. Between The Australian Outback and Africa, I needed a break from the danger. There were a few times I was legitimately worried for them, even though I have seen this season before and know that nothing happens. LOL.

T-Bird is a gem. So am I correct in assuming she was almost brought back, but then was abandoned by production in favor of other people? If so, what a mistake. T-Bird is a legend.

I am curious as to why you hated Lex. Not saying he is a likable guy, but I think he is maybe the most important character of the season. And he is not a disgusting person by any means.

I hate Frank! But he is so iconic as a character, and the editors must have realized how unintentionally hilarious he would be. Hence the edit which most definitely hid most of his ignorance. Or maybe Big Tom was so bad that they did not want two disgusting edits to make the cut. The rivalry between the two is just too funny.

I did read up on the Final Four Immunity Challenge debacle. LOL. And of course Lindsey would be the person to cause the truth to come out after everything had happened. What a f*cking icon. I love her so much. The edit she was given is just too much. :dead:

I will not have much to say about Marquesas. Too boring. Too religious. Too underwhelming.

@#jeah @Elliott when should the Thailand + drinking begin?

I can do it tonight and tomorrow, but not Friday. Unsure about the rest of the weekend