Dee Watches Survivor (Currently On Kaoh Rong)

Deeee

Just now, Elliott said:

These opening shots of the Thailand locals is going to be the highlight of this season.

Take a shot every single time we have to watch one animal kill another animal, or regurgitate something lol.

Just now, #jeah said:

Me starting this season acting like I don't know damn well it's gonna end up at the bottom of my season rankings:

7iUN.gif

It also hurts knowing that we have to agree with Jeff Probst on something. re: the quality of this season

Just now, Deeee said:

It also hurts knowing that we have to agree with Jeff Probst on something. re: the quality of this season

Ugh seriously. There better be some fcking eye candy at least

Just now, Deeee said:

You know a season is bad when it's won by a white male and even Jeff Probst hates it.

56 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I am shocked to hear that you like Neleh + the endgame! Curious about your thoughts on these aspects.

I mean Neleh did orchestrate the first power switch in Survivor history. And it came from the most unassuming person in the cast. I thought she was kind of cute as the "America's Sweetheart" and I did actually find it likable. I knew there was more to her though, like with all the sweethearts on Survivor. Then when she took control of the game, her mask slipped, and she became the lazy, annoying girl. Love that journey for her. The mint in her mouth is ICONIC. Colleen, Elisabeth, and Kim P were kind of just sweet hapless bystanders in the Sweetheart role. Neleh was doing the same thing, but then took control of the game and everyone hated her :wub:. And the "sweetheart" token casting choice kind of died with her and the cute, young female strategist was born.

I also adore Vecepia. The first black winner of the franchise, especially on a season that I think was pretty yikes with Paschal, Rob, and Patricia. I don't think the editors quite knew what to do with Vecepia, her game was so under-the-radar and scrappy. I was kind of here for her brand of condescension because she lowkey was better than everyone else out there lol :wub:. I think she's visible enough that you appreciate her gameplay and understand what she's doing, but all hidden enough that you wonder who she really is. That's a reality show contestant who I'm intrigued by and leaves me wanting more. I also did find her personality to be rather and engaging and funny. And with my hatred of Paschal, I did like to see the first alliance of black people win in the end.

Sean1.gif

The Marquesas endgame is AMAZING. I love seasons sometime where one alliance makes it to the end in tact, only to realize they have to turn on each other. Kathy being the swing vote at the intense final five and choosing Neleh & Paschal, then flipping back to Vecepia and forcing the iconic rock draw, only to get backstabbed by Vecepia at the last second is one of the most exciting endgames we've had yet.

• Like 1