Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

Love Rosie 

Love,_Rosie_(film)_UK_poster.jpg

Wow. A rare occurrence has happened. I haven't even heard of this movie. Let's see if this is something I should feel bad about cutting. It seems the leads, Lily Collins (From the Mortal Instruments movie and To the Bone) and Sam Claftin (Catching Fire) both do very well in the movie. However, they just cannot save the awful script. It's based off the book Where Raindbows End. Hmm. Wonder if they did not even use the books name? Doesn't matter. It was an awful movie anyway. It has a 33% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The overall ranking is a 4.6/10. Ouch. 

If there is any fan of this movie you would like me to add something nice about it, just let me know.

Saving the Hitman's Bodyguard

Just Go With It

220px-Just_Go_with_It_Poster.jpg

I will save the gif machine that is Bad Teacher over pretty much anything remaining in the list right now. But cutting a terrible Adam Sandler movie is a nice bonus. Just Go With It is a romantic comedy released in 2011, and stars  Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman, Nick Swardson and Brooklyn Decker (was Nicole Kidman short on cash at the start of the decade? I need a reason for this tbh). The premise is simple (and if the last movie I cut was a mess regarding origins, this one goes further: it's based on a movie, that was based on the adaptation of a play, that was based on Fleur de cactus, a french play. MESS). TL;DR guy gets cheated on, then lives his entire adult life using a fake marriage as an excuse to have flings till he tries to have a relationship with someone he just met, just to end up on a relationship with someone he has known for years. It's terrible, and will live on forever in repeats on tv sadly (it was decently successful commercially). Anyway, bye.

Save: 
tenor.gif?itemid=11495247

200.gif

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

If you are mad with this cut, well persuade me to save faster than Victoria did. Or honestly, this was the last in the set so I imagine that nobody can be too mad with this cut because any of you could have saved this movie a long time ago. I didn't realize that The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was a comedy but that gif seems to indicate that it was so. This was a polarizing film when it came out and that's represented by its RT score of 51% and is actually the second film adaptation of the short story of the same name. The movie is about a man named Walter Mitty who is searching for a photographer to save his job and trying to win the love of a woman. I remember that the trailers for this movie made it seem really appealing. But apparently the film never quite lived up to its ambition. I think the "secret life" part of the title references the daydreams that Walter Mitty has. The film was criticized for not being satirical or as comedic as it could have been (and as the source material is). IDK how much more you need to know.

Saving: Isn't It Romantic

Cycle 3 ~Dynamic Duos~

source.gif

A relationship between the two main characters can make your audience fall in love with the film. Sometimes they're best friends, sometimes a romantic relationship forms, and other times they're enemies. You will each pair up this round and nominate together. But here's the catch! Maybe your prospective partner is actually an enemy of yours. You can screw them over if you'd like. So when you get your partner assignments you will pm or dm what you want to do. Here are your options:

-You can nominate together. If you both pm me separately that you wish to nominate together, you will. You will collaborate and come up with 16 nominees.

-You can try to nominate alone and get an advantage. If you ask to nominate alone while your partner wants to nominate together, you will be able to nominate alone, your partner won't be able to nominate, and you'll get a pretty big advantage. Your partner also won't be able to cut and save during your round.

-If both members of a pair try to nominate alone and screw each other over, neither of you will be able to nominate this round. You will both get an advantage, but a less powerful advantage than you will get if you successfully get to nominate alone.

So do you want your partner to be your friend or your enemy? Here are the partnerships:

PRkfAw1.png

@Steven_ and @1234567890

@Elliott and @#jeah

@NGM and @totes4totes

@*Chris and @Deeee

@.Rei and @aliasocfan

PM me what you'd like to do. Do you want to nominate with your partner or do you want to try to nominate alone and secure the advantage?

Edited by Alex95

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

The Prisoner’s dilemma of rankdowns! Except easier because we can theoretically talk to our partners

Lol yeah I couldn't think of a way to keep you guys from talking :dead:. But that's fine.

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol yeah I couldn't think of a way to keep you guys from talking :dead:. But that's fine.

I mean Nico and I could talk and say "We are going to nominate together" and then go to PM you separately and say "We want to nominate individually" It's all about trust!

I just finished a game that revolved around this. :haha:

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 1

i'm changing the rules to make things a bit more tempting lol. If you both go for the advantage and fail, you will get a slightly less powerful advantage instead of both missing the advantage and getting nothing. So if you go for the advantage, you're at least getting something! But you still won't nominate this cycle if you both go for the advantage.