Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

MURDER MYSTERY

Jennifer-Aniston-and-Adam-Sandler-in-Mur

Oh No What GIF by Identity

-All of us to Jennifer Aniston's career post-Friends and pre-The Morning Show.

Murder Mystery is one of the Netflix-exclusives that Adam Sandler produced for them as part of their arrangement/deal/whatever you call it. Seeing as how it wasn't written by him, it's probably not as terrible as... all of his (comedy) movies in the 2000s. The film's basic plot is that Adam Sander and Jennifer Aniston play a married couple who are caught up in a murder investigation aboard a trip on a billionaire's yacht. #EatTheRich Just glossing over the somehow far-too-detailed recap on Wikipedia, it seems like it's ~inspired~ by the works of Agatha Christie. By that, I mean it's as much of a rip-off as one can get without actually having to pay licensing and copyright fees. Anyway, it has a run time of 97 minutes and a 44% at Rotten Tomatoes, which is better than I was expected. Most of the reviews seem to say it's a mediocre film that goes for cheap laughs, which sounds about right for an Adam Sandler movie.

SAVE: Love & Other Drugs for the many, many scenes of Jake Gyllenhaal naked

Edited by Elliott

7 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Tag is underrated! I think it got hindered coming out the same year as Game Night and Blockers, two brilliant studio comedies. Also Isla Fisher is f*cking hysterical in it.

This! I think it's soured for some because of Jeremy Renner but the movie was hilarious. The release of Game Night and Blockers didn't help either. The movie was fun and I enjoyed it.

Just now, 1234567890 said:

This! I think it's soured for some because of Jeremy Renner but the movie was hilarious.

A girl I went to high school with used to have a massive crush on Jeremy Renner. Like to the point that she went to a midnight showing of Tag (which was apparently a thing?) wearing Hawkeye merch.

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

There was a Jeremy Renner app?

6 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

This?

Yes it was a social media app for only Jeremy Renner fans where he would do literally the bare minimum and people would pay money to like his posts of him doing the bare minimum :wub:. And then trolls "ruined" it and forced him to tearfully shut it down. An absolutely hysterical moment in history.

1 minute ago, Alex95 said:

Yes it was a social media app for only Jeremy Renner fans where he would do literally the bare minimum and people would pay money to like his posts of him doing the bare minimum :wub:. And then trolls "ruined" it and forced him to tearfully shut it down. An absolutely hysterical moment in history.

pay me video games GIF by iOne Digital

18 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

happy marie kondo GIF by NETFLIX

BOOK CLUB (2018)

giphy.gif

Yeah, I can tell just by this gif that the movie is probably horrible :dead: A great cast does not always equal a great movie, and here is a good example. It does have a really cool cast - Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Mary Steenburgen, Richard Dreyfuss, Candice Bergen, etc, but then you get to the plot......a group of ladies reads Fifty Shades of Grey together. And yeahhhhh I'd close my laptop immediately. This just looks like a cheap grab to get boomer women back into the movie theaters, and...it sorta worked? It garnered over $100 m at the box office compared with its $14 million budget, so not too bad? I don't think I will ever see this movie tbh, if I was on a 12 hour plane ride and it was the only one available I'd probably just sleep the whole time instead :haha: 

Saving: Midnight In Paris