Films of the Decade Rankdown

Alex95

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

It's hated in the hardcore fan forums because they're all neck-beards who were mad the main characters were all women and minorities. 🍵

To the point where they harassed Kelly Marie Tran right off of social media. And then Disney and JJ Abrams rewards them by essentially making her a background character in TROS

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

I don't know them by names. :dead: I know the original trilogy by name and the new trilogy by name. And Revenge of the Sith. The other two I forget.

Attack of the Clones is episode two. Clone Wars is the animated movie/TV series/second animated movie (they have the same name). :haha:

Another issue is with the Rise of Skywalker is that they tried to walk back everything that Rian Johnson did with The Last Jedi that was good. Making Rey a nobody? A great choice that shows that those powerful in the force don't have to come from a powerful bloodline. Having Ben Solo progress past being Kylo Ren and his obsession with his grandfather by smashing the helmet? Great choice! Like it felt like the movies were finally going to move on to more interesting things than the first movie which was good but as Elliott said an essential retread of A New Hope. And then they decided they hated all those bold decisions and again, trying to be as inoffensive as possible with anything rubber banded back to all these plots that were already done in the original trilogy. 

I mean, one reason why Rogue One was so exciting is that it wasn't afraid to actually literally kill everybody off. By the end of the movie none of those people were alive. The Rise of Skywalker was like "gotta bring back Han Solo even though we killed him." Don't actually have the balls to kill Chewbacca. Can't even kill Keri Russell. A character we introduced for this film only to give Poe a heterosexual love interest. The stakes were non-existent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

The Purge: Election Year? Science-Fiction? I guess according to IMDB. :dead:

According to Wikipedia:

• 2010s science fiction action films
  • 2010s science fiction horror films
  • American science fiction action films
  • American science fiction horror films
  • American science fiction thriller films
  • Social science fiction films

3 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

Another issue is with the Rise of Skywalker is that they tried to walk back everything that Rian Johnson did with The Last Jedi that was good. Making Rey a nobody? A great choice that shows that those powerful in the force don't have to come from a powerful bloodline. Having Ben Solo progress past being Kylo Ren and his obsession with his grandfather by smashing the helmet? Great choice! Like it felt like the movies were finally going to move on to more interesting things than the first movie which was good but as Elliott said an essential retread of A New Hope. And then they decided they hated all those bold decisions and again, trying to be as inoffensive as possible with anything rubber banded back to all these plots that were already done in the original trilogy. 

I mean, one reason why Rogue One was so exciting is that it wasn't afraid to actually literally kill everybody off. By the end of the movie none of those people were alive. The Rise of Skywalker was like "gotta bring back Han Solo even though we killed him." Don't actually have the balls to kill Chewbacca. Can't even kill Keri Russell. A character we introduced for this film only to give Poe a heterosexual love interest. The stakes were non-existent. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9040696

7 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

The Purge: Election Year? Science-Fiction? I guess according to IMDB. :dead:

I literally used the Wikipedia page “Science fiction films of the 2010s” as my criteria :dead: 

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Oh No Fire GIF

This thread right now

This is why my New Year's resolution was to stop letting JJ Abrams and TROS live rent free in my head because once I start thinking about it and how mad I am about every awful think in TROS I cannot stop. I've gotta go and make myself zen again.

Alien: Covenant

tumblr_om45unVoTa1vyvg1co1_500.gifv

Is this my turn against the horror genre? Maybe so. That and I really just don't like this film. I only like Alien and Aliens in the Alien franchise and all the other films can rot. Alien: Covenant is a 2017 science fiction horror film directed and produced by Ridley Scott and written by John Logan and Dante Harper. It was inspired by a story from Michael Green and Jack Paglen. It's a joint American and British productions. Look at them working together. I love the Brits. The film is a sequel to Prometheus which was released in 2012. and is the the second installment in the Alien prequel series and the sixth installment in the Alien franchise overall. The films stars Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston, Billy Crudup, Danny McBride and Demián Bichir. The film follows this crew of a colony ship that lands on an unknown planet and they make a terrifying discovery to say the least. :giggle:Michael Fassbender returned to the series as David. The film was distributed by 20th Century Fox. The film reviewed favorable reviews with a 66% score on RT but underperformed at the box office. The film doesn't have Ellen Ripley so it can go so that Power Rangers can live.

Save: Power Rangers