Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

Goofy (Mickey & Friends)

Jiminy Cricket (Pinocchio)

Pinocchio (Pinocchio)

Dopey (Snow White)

Woody (Toy Story)

dory lessons GIF

Dory

i will pretty this up later because I am in bed. Dory is a fish. I hate fish. I love eating fish. Dory would probably not taste good. dory is a secondary protagonist in finding nemo. she has a bad memory (as i imagine most fish do) but comes through in remembering where nemo is. It’s hard to like Dory because Ellen voices dory. And I’m mad at Ellen always. But even before that dory was boring and annoying. Marlin is the only good fish. Which is a low bar because fish are dumb. Why did Pixar make an entire movie about fish. Go back to bugs and monster. Finding Nemo is overrated. Dory is overrated. Fish are overrated. The only useful fish that aren’t for eating are zebra fish. Higher vertebrates for life.

saving merida

Edited by totes4totes

Dopey

snow white dancing GIF

From the movie Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)

516?cb=20190822153655

Voiced by Eddie Collins (1883-1940)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Collins_(actor)

Eddie Collins Picture

Dopey is the official winner of the IDF 2020 Dwarf Rankdown. Deservedly so. Apparently Dopey has a voice actor?? Interesting because he's mute. But there's always other noises to make besides talking, I guess. Fun fact, wiki says that this voice actor also provided the sneezes for the squirrels and chipmunks. That's wild. I think we've all collectively agreed that while the dwarfs (why isn't it dwarves in the movie title? I don't know grammar for that word I guess) are iconic Disney characters, there's not really much to them. They live together in the woods. Their names describe their personalities so well that Snow White is able to guess everyone's name on the first try. They do not shower or clean unless a woman tells them to. Dopey is a dope. He has no lines, but he's the most recognizable and most lovable of them all. In the movie, the dwarfs don't really have any plots independent of one another. There's nothing really that one does that the others do not. I guess Dopey was the one chosen to go see who had broken into their house when they were all terrified and thought Snow White was an intruder, poor guy. Well, Snow White was definitely an intruder. But she cleaned up the place really well if it's any consolation. Still wouldn't let her sleep in my bed, but maybe I'm not gentlemanly enough to stranger maid trespassing. 

Save: Ariel

DISGUST

tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago4_250.gif tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago9_250.gif tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago2_250.gif
tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago5_250.gif tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago1_r1_250.gif tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago8_250.gif

tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago6_250.gif tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago7_250.gif tumblr_nqttigCB3n1s4p4ago3_r1_250.gif

As I mentioned before, I absolutely love "Inside Out" and I obviously love Disgust, considering I did assign one of my immunity to Disgust at the start of the rankdown. With that being said, I had to make the hard decision to cut Disgust as out of the nominated characters, I felt that it was the character that I cannot justify saving among some of the greats - this way, I can give her a somewhat decent write-up. 

In Inside Out, Disgust is one of the five emotions controlling Riley Andersen's mind - we are first introduced to Disgust when Riley's father tries to feed her some broccoli which is one of Disgust biggest dislike which is ironic considering the color of her skin.  She takes an more prominent role in Riley's mind when Joy & Sadness gets lost, and she & other emotions have to control Riley's mind until Joy & Sadness gets home. Outside of that, Disgust is mostly in the passenger seat throughout the movie.

However, why do I love Disgust? I love her personality - opinionated, honest, protects Riley. And while she can be negative, I love that she is vain, sarcastic, sassy, snarky while have some caring traits - she is one of the highlight of the movie, even when the scene is not her. Anyway, she is not the main emotions but she's one that I enjoy. 

SAVING: WOODY

Edited by *Chris

Cinderella (Cinderella)

cinderella-gifs-steven-dam-06.gif

This is definitely a risky move to make, but I am taking out the icon that is Cinderella before she advances any further than I would like to see her go. Is she an icon? Undoubtedly. Is she one of the pillars of Disney? Absolutely. Is she a pretty generic and boring princess archetype? Most definitely.

Cinderella is one-note with a story as cliché as one could imagine. We all know the story of Cinderella. It's etched into the backbone of American storytelling. Little girls are told the story of Cinderella and still put her on a pedestal and dream for a life like hers. A fairy tale ending. While a classic, there is nothing more to Cinderella than the eye can see. Her parents are deceased. She finds herself in a horrible life surrounded by evil individuals. She escapes her dire situation. She marries the Prince. She lives happily ever after. Period. All the while maintaining her fair skin, blue eyes, pink lips, strawberry blonde hair, and skinny hourglass frame.

How vanilla. I understand that there is a magic to the story of Cinderella for many people, and watching her dreams come true after a bit of perseverance and help from her friends. The pumpkin carriage. The Fairy Godmother. The mice friends. The comeuppance of her abusers. All iconic stuff.

But I think Cinderella is just boring and vanilla. Cookie-cutter, bland, and devoid of personality. The character herself is not iconic, but rather her story and her circumstances are iconic. The magic of a tale as old as time. But her character does not see any action until the third movie where she is actually pushed into fighting for her life, standing up for Anastasia and defending her choices, and regaining the love of Prince Charming. Too bad the movie is bad. 

I understand that Cinderella is THE DISNEY PRINCESS for most people. There is no arguing against how important of a character she is in the world of Disney. To me though, she is just a blank slate that was given all of the "ideal" qualities of a white woman and the rest is history. She is given hardly anything to do besides be stuck in her lot for most of her existence as a character. I get that she remains kind and loving throughout all of her torture. I get that she is able to make her dreams come true by just dreaming hard enough. But this is not enough for me to find her interesting.

Sorry to any fans of Cinderella, I just think this is a fair spot for a fairly simple character. 

SAVING: Dash

• Like 1

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I can say the same about Cinderella. She is the best of the generic princesses.

Dopey is a character that I hold near to my heart because of my mother. She always said I looked like him because of my blue eyes and silly personality as a kid, and would buy me a lot of Dopey stuff. I am fine with his cut objectively, he just means a lot to me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Dopey is a character that I hold near to my heart because of my mother. She always said I looked like him because of my blue eyes and silly personality as a kid, and would buy me a lot of Dopey stuff. I am fine with his cut objectively, he just means a lot to me. 

❤️