Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

giphy.gif

The Mad Hatter

Alice in Wonderland has a lot of really "iconic" characters that don't really do all that much. The White Rabbit, the Cheshire Cat, the Caterpillar, even the Queen of Hearts. They are all little vignettes essentially in a much larger story strung together by Alice to look visually interesting and convey the peculiarities of Wonderland and thus they are all fairly one dimensional characters. 

In the Disney Animated Classic, The Mad Hatter is portrayed by Ed Wynn who you probably recognize as Uncle Albert from Mary Poppins 

Jane-Michael-Bert-Uncle-Albert-from-Mary

He appears with the March Hare celebrating an "un-birthday" and asks Alice in infamous "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" riddle. But when Alice attempts to answer the Hatter and the March Hare accuse Alice of being stark raving mad and eventually he forgets that he asked Alice the riddle in the first place. Throughout his appearance in the movie he pulls things out of his hat and acts very childish. Or rather being incapable of expressing more than one emotion at a time. Thus his emotions go from being happy and jolly one moment to being angry the next with no in between or subtleties. 

The Hatter got a revamp and expanded role in the 2010 live action Alice and Wonderland but despite watching that movie I don't remember him at all except that he had more to do. Which I think is dumb.

Saving: Mama Imelda

Prince Naveen 

open-uri20150422-20810-9t0v68_9e3742b7.j

Prince Naveen is from Princess & The Frog. Prince Naveen is the deuteragonist of the film where is he is the eldest prince of Maldonia. He is known for bing charming handsome and being quite the catch. Wow someone seems full of himself. 🙂 Lmaoo I’m teasing. He is also outgoing, smooth taking and fun loving. But yeah maybe all of this with Prince Naveen taking pride in his looks and charm and him visiting New Orleans, he sas transformed into a frog by Dr. Facilier (who is a wicked witch doctor). The only way he can become a Prince again is by kissing a Princess - which is where Princess Tiana comes into play. Does he get to kiss Princess Tiana? Watch the movie and find out for yourself. 😘 

Saving: Kronk

Ernesto de la Cruz (Coco)

???Kuzco or Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove)???***

Roz (Monsters Inc.)

The Queen Of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)***

Lock, Shock, and Barrel (Nightmare Before Christmas)

Dr. Facilier (Princess & The Frog)

Edited by FrogLenzen

Remaining:

Ernesto de la Cruz (Coco) 
Kuzco (The Emperor's New Groove) **
Roz (Monsters Inc.)
The Queen Of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland) **
Lock, Shock, and Barrel (Nightmare Before Christmas)
Dr. Facilier (Princess & The Frog)

The Queen of Hearts

tumblr_lt36k6a5121qg35tio1_500.gif

I think Dee requested safety for four of the six remaining options, so luckily my save is one of them and the cut is not. :haha: The Queen of Hearts is the main antagonist of Alice in Wonderland and is the ruler of Wonderland. Although all the characters of Wonderland are "mad", The Queen of Hearts is the most dangerous.She has sadistic love of beheadings, with "Off with their heads" as her catchphrase, which is certainly not relatable.  She becomes obsessed with decapitating Alice after she arrives in the kingdom and humiliates the Queen of Hearts. Of course, Alice ends up safe and sound, while the Queen gets hit in the face with jam and a gavel. After Alice insults the Queen, she is chased out of Wonderland and the Queen does not get her wish to behead her granted. I somewhat agree with Megan in that Alice in Wonderland has many memorable characters that don't necessarily do too much, which is kind of what conflicted me when considering nominating some of them. :haha: I do love the movie and the whimsy of it all though. ❤️ I prefer other fun characters Alice meets over the Queen though, most of whom were cut already.  Actually ouch, I see three of the four remaining characters from this movie were just cut, so I am sorry to have contributed to that. :broken: At least The Queen of Hearts is the highest ranking one outside of Alice. 

Saving: Kuzco

original.gif

Lock, Shock, and Barrel 

latest?cb=20190620221415

Kinda surprised no one targeted them harder till now but hey, this close to the top 100 is not a bad spot to end up (RIP all of my other faves that went out this round as well). They start as Oogie Boogie's henchmen, causing chaos since they wanna have fun (out of fear, since they have kinda no loyalty to him and fear him). They don't really do much plot wise, but they have their fun moments (like capturing the Easter Bunny instead of Santa). They were voiced by Danny Elfman, Catherine O'Hara, and Paul Reubens. Well I guess that's it for them, out they go from the rankdown.

Save: Ernesto

2 minutes ago, NGM said:

Lock, Shock, and Barrel 

Kinda surprised no one targeted them harder till now

It could be because of this. :blushingwave: 

On 5/28/2020 at 8:55 PM, Deeee said:

Cutting Lock/Shock/Barrel will have major consequences.