Disney Characters Rankdown

Steven_

Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear

Lotso memes. Best Collection of funny lotso pictures on iFunny

From the movie Toy Story 3 (2010)

515?cb=20160408200321

Voiced by Ned Beatty

Ned Beatty, actor | Character actor, Hollywood, Actors

Lotso is the main villain from Toy Story 3. He's been nominated and saved a few times, but I can make this cut guilt-free knowing who he is up against with the nominations this round. Is he an interesting villain? Yeah, I think so. And he's a big part of what makes Toy Story 3 so dramatic. But idk... he's the main villain in the 3rd out of 4 movies in the series. Kind of dilutes it for me, I guess. And his character is very similar to Stinky Pete, with the same kind of villain twist moment. Eh. Anyway, Lotso at first seems to be the kind leader of the new daycare where Andy's toys get donated to. Aww, it's like a retirement home for toys! Happy ending! OR IS IT???? The gang quickly find out that Lotso is psycho... he assigns them to the little kid room where the toys get beat up all day, and then does mind control over Buzz and imprisons the rest of the gang except Woody. So a lot of the movie is following our toy heroes as they try to escape from Lotso and the daycare, and in the process we learn about Lotso's really sad backstory about being loved and then abandoned by a little girl. Honestly, the stories with little kids giving up their toys in all the Toy Story movies is sooooo sad and borderline disturbing, particularly with Lotso. Life sucks, childhood should last forever. However Lotso tries to murder all our heroes in the dramatic scene in the dump furnace, geez what an awful awful scene. Traumatized for life. Lotso ends up strapped to the front grill of a dump truck at the end of the movie. Does he know that the other toys survived? Hmmm I don't remember if he does or not. 

Save Robin Hood

Edited by FrogLenzen

Anastasia Tremaine and Drizella Tremaine (Cinderella)

af6ba57b9319b7fc2003dc929840006d.gif

Finally. Sorry Alex. Except Chris nominated eight of my entire top twenty characters, so this round leaves me no choice but to put the nail in the coffin of The Evil Stepsisters. Well, half-evil. Kinda evil. At least that means if any of them are saved I do not have to worry about them during the next set of nominations. This was the most painful set of nominations this entire game. Really hard to make any decision honestly.

But Anastasia and Drizella have without a doubt been targets of mine for some time now. I dislike the Cinderella franchise as a whole. They are both also supporting characters in Cinderella, which would change in the horrible sequels as they become more fleshed out characters. But the Disney classic just never, ever struck a chord with me. I can totally admit that Anastasia + Drizella have far more personality than Cinderella, who I have also been targeting for quite some time as well. I think what hurts them in the original film is that they are quite literally the same exact character. I think their characters would resonate with me a bit more if there were differences between the two, but this only becomes a reality in the very awful sequel film.

Anastasia and Drizella are just vain, haughty, violent, evil, selfish, rude, impatient, clumsy, dimwitted, arrogant, short-tempered brats. While they are both easy to laugh at on occasion in the first Cinderella film, both of them are extremely one-note in the only film that matters in the series. I know people like Cinderella III: A Twist in Time, but the movie is still pretty bad in my opinion. But even the third movie mocks the fact that Anastasia and Drizella are nothing but oafish caricatures in the first film.

Maybe I am being harsh on the sequels, but they really are bad movies overall. And that kind of hurts Anastasia and Drizella who become FAR more layered characters in those movies, particularly the former since she has a complete change of heart. We are getting down to the wire here, so supporting characters, particularly one-note supporting characters where it counts, just become easier to cut. They had a good run thanks to the loyal support of Alex, but this is the most sensible decision that can be made given this set of noms imo.

SAVING: Chihiro Ogino

5 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

i can't believe anybody thinks i am working with dee after he nominated both shang and david. smh.

I knew this was coming, though she is correct! :dead:

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol not really. I meant that I was going after your wildcard picks (not immunities) so you should be the only ones petty against me :dead:. And Nico. Pretty much the Studio Ghibli crew.

Oh now your comment makes sense. :lmao:

4 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Lol not really. I meant that I was going after your wildcard picks (not immunities) so you should be the only ones petty against me :dead:. And Nico. Pretty much the Studio Ghibli crew.

only one of my wild cards was a studio ghibli character and none of my immunities were :(

Just now, Alex95 said:

No hard feelings whatsoever @Deeee!

Thank you Alex! I actually found myself feeling bad about the decision since you fought so hard for them, especially considering the sequels did try and do something with them! But Chris basically nominated every character left that I want in the endgame, so I had no way around this. 

3 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Also, why did Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear get so much hate in this game? I think he deserved better!

7 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

idk... he's the main villain in the 3rd out of 4 movies in the series. Kind of dilutes it for me, I guess. And his character is very similar to Stinky Pete, with the same kind of villain twist moment. Eh.

• Like 1

Cheshire Cat

latest?cb=20190228152714

Obviously half the noms are the characters from my favorite movie and my immunity picks and I don't exactly know what prompted this backstab since I felt I was working well with the nominator the past few rounds and I didn't cut or nominate any of those characters, but I guess it had to happen...? Unfortunately for Cheshire Cat, he didn't land amongst my faves. We met the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland, which is far from one of my favorite movies. Alice turns to the Cheshire Cat looking for directions, but that's not who he is at all. Instead, Cheshire Cat talks in circles and riddles which confuses Alice even more. Alice drops him like a bad habit when she realizes he is mad, but she is distressed to learn that literally everyone in Wonderland is mad. When she meets him again, he's a bit more helpful and shows her the way to the Queen of Hearts, which is how she can get home. I mean I guess he's not that helpful since it sucks for her that she has to deal with the queen, but he's doing what he can I guess! The Cheshire Cat f*cks with Alice during her time with the queen though, causing Alice to get into more and more trouble. What a troll :wub:. Honestly, he's a lot more fun on paper than in person lol. If I appreciated the movie more I probably would've been less likely to cut him, but I also didn't have very many options. If anyone has some insights into some of Chris' faves my pms are open!

Save Yzma

11 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Lotso is the main villain from Toy Story 3. He's been nominated and saved a few times, but I can make this cut guilt-free knowing who he is up against with the nominations this round. Is he an interesting villain? Yeah, I think so. And he's a big part of what makes Toy Story 3 so dramatic. But idk... he's the main villain in the 3rd out of 4 movies in the series. Kind of dilutes it for me, I guess. And his character is very similar to Stinky Pete, with the same kind of villain twist moment.

I think Megan made a good point in that a lot of the villains become interesting for how they interact with the characters that matter and how that drives the development of the protagonists, rather than them changing the game in terms of storytelling. Considering that these movies are made with kids in mind mostly, the villain is kind of necessary since the storytelling has to take a sort of good vs. evil approach. The villain twist moment is also one of the only ways to actually shock kids appropriately? LOL.

Sure he is the third villain of the series, but Gabby Gabby is the fourth and maybe the best villain of the series? I just think that a lot of the villains are so easily discarded when most of them add some type of complexity to the movie.

I’ve been losing my faves left, right and centre so... and those are literally some of the few characters that I do not care about at all 🤷🏻‍♂️

And you can’t have all your own favourites in the end game since everyone should have at least one fave in the end game. 

I have nothing left to lose and this is just a game so you wanna take shot at me then go ahead ❤️

4 minutes ago, Deeee said:

I think Megan made a good point in that a lot of the villains become interesting for how they interact with the characters that matter and how that drives the development of the protagonists, rather than them changing the game in terms of storytelling. Considering that these movies are made with kids in mind mostly, the villain is kind of necessary since the storytelling has to take a sort of good vs. evil approach. The villain twist moment is also one of the only ways to actually shock kids appropriately? LOL.

Sure he is the third villain of the series, but Gabby Gabby is the fourth and maybe the best villain of the series? I just think that a lot of the villains are so easily discarded when most of them add some type of complexity to the movie.

Wow, we didn't even include Pixar's two best villains in the rankdown:

Sir Miles Axelrod

Professor Zundapp

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

I love villains. Scar, Jafar, Hades, Cruella, Maleficent, Ursula, etc...

Considering there are multiple villains left, you have an opportunity to save one if you see fit. LOL.

I will offer ANYBODY that saves either Ernesto, Kuzco, Kronk, Dr. Facilier, or Lock + Shock + Barrel.

REMAINING

Prince Naveen (Princess & The Frog)

The Mad Hatter (Alice in Wonderland)**

Ernesto de la Cruz (Coco)

Kuzco (The Emperor's New Groove)

Roz (Monsters Inc.)

Kronk (The Emperor's New Groove)

The Queen Of Hearts (Alice in Wonderland)

Lock, Shock, and Barrel (Nightmare Before Christmas)

Dr. Facilier (Princess & The Frog)

Mamá Imelda (Coco)**

7 minutes ago, Deeee said:

you missed my point in that most villains are unnecessary in pixar movies. except like the incredibles. but still that's more like mr incredible coming to terms with retirement and then the family dynamic changing.

1 minute ago, totes4totes said:

you missed my point in that most villains are unnecessary in pixar movies. except like the incredibles. but still that's more like mr incredible coming to terms with retirement and then the family dynamic changing.

Ahh thanks for clarifying. I feel like they are necessary, but not for the adults. More so for the kids. LOL. Which was kind of my point.