The X Factor Rankdown

*Chris

5 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

My power. :dead:

:giggle: 

5 minutes ago, JC said:

#TeamTrotman

ccelebritiesRB-COMP-LI-MUM.jpg

I love that I'm a fan of Luke T's mom but have never seen her season or any of her performances :giggle:

:dead: 

Beverly was really good. :yes: I like both acts so curious to see who the vote goes.

Nathaniel Willemse

X-Factor-Elimination-Interview-Nathaniel

I decided to take on Nathaniel’s write-up as I’m a fan of his and really liked him so let’s get to it.  Nathaniel Willemse is a singer from South Africa and then resided in Melbourne, who competed on The X Factor Australia Season 4. He was a member of the Over 25s category and mentored by Guy Sebastian. He’s an R&B singer so chances are that i would gravitate towards and root Nathaniel on which I did do. He was one of my favorites of this respective season. He lasted 7 weeks in the competition and made it to 6th place. Here’s the songs he sang.

Week 1: “Love on Top” by Beyoncé

Week 2: “Canned Heat” by Jamiroqaui

Week 2 Sing-Off: “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars (2-2 vote and won deadlock vote against What About Tonight)

Week 3: “Try a Little Tenderness” by Otis Redding

Week 4: “The Scientist” by Coldplay

Week 5: “What’s Love Got to Do With It” by Tina Turner

Week 6: “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)” by Ne-Yo

Week 7: “Red” by Daniel Merriweather

Week 7 Sing-Off: “Sexual Healing” by Marvin Gaye (2-2 vote and lost deadlock vote to Samantha Jade)

Some of my favorites from above includes: “Love on Top,” “It Will Rain,” “The Scientist,”  “What’s Love Got to Do With It,” “Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)” and “Red.” I do remember Nathaniel and Guy I think had some differences one week on how Nathaniel ended a performance differently from the live show vs. how it was rehearsed. I can’t remember exactly what happend but it was kinda heated. But they quickly moved on from that. It did suck seeing Nathaniel and Samantha Jade in the Bottom 2 together on Top 6 results night but when that happened of course Nathaniel had to go as we couldn’t lose Samantha. Nathaniel did go on have a decent music career releasing an album called Yours in 2015. I believe he came back on the show as a guest performer too.

I was personally hoping for Nathaniel to survive the Battle-Off against Natalie, but no such luck as he left on a 3-2 vote. But that’s fine as I am happy Nathaniel got to fly under the radar and make it to a respectable Top 55 spot in this Rankdown. And even better yet he got to outrank Shiane Hawke and Jason Owen, whom he was robbed by on the actual show so yay us for fixing that. :giggle: I will close this out with some of my favorite performances of Nathaniel’s. 

The rankers saved: Natalie Ong

1 hour ago, ~Tom~ said:

Yesss. ❤️

I like Nathaniel as well but Bella is more my style,s o I'm glad she outranked him. Both got great placings though!

Of course we differ there regarding their styles. :giggle: But yes happy for them both getting this far as I do really like them both. 

UNION J

union-j--a.jpg

Union J is a terrible boy-band that made it far in The X Factor UK even though they sucked. They were most notably saved over Jade Ellis despite Jade's White Flag being one of the best performances of that year, District3 even though this exists:

original.gif

and Rylan Clark even though Rylan was actually entertaining. I would say at least they were out in fourth place but considering the people who advanced over them were Jahmene Douglas and Christopher Maloney, I would've even taken them in the finale. :/ Post-X Factor, apparently a bunch of them have left over the years and now it's just two of them. They're still a thing which is surprising since I assumed they broke up after their XF obligations were done like 99.9% of these X Factor bands that realize they want to be solo and not in a band. Except for Little Mix. :wub:  Anyway, I remember virtually none of their performances enough to talk about them and I've hit my word limit, so that's that.

SAVE: James Arthur