The X Factor Rankdown

*Chris

47 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

I think we are thinking about the same person. I saved Rebecca so Elliott wouldn't get to her when I should have just saved her because I knew once Rebecca was saved, Wally would just save Treyc. :(

This was pretty much the same case with me with saving Fifth Harmony last night. Totally understandable to not take that risk with Elliott around.

41 minutes ago, Solaris said:

not really.  Do something unexpected!

Be careful of what you wish for. :haha: And if I were to do something unexpected, you would yell at me for it. 😢 😛 

Just now, *Wallace said:

This was pretty much the same case with me with saving Fifth Harmony last night. Totally understandable to not take that risk with Elliott around.

Be careful of what you wish for. :haha: And if I were to do something unexpected, you would yell at me for it. 😢 😛 

you would.

CASSIE HENDERSON

340?cb=20181003134755

Cassie Henderson competed on the first series of The X Factor New Zealand back in 2013. She was only 14 years old at the time, and she was mentored by Daniel Bedingfield in the Girls Category. She must've been popular with the viewers as she made it all the way to fifth place. Some of the songs she covered included "I Want You Back," "Unwritten," "I Say A Little Prayer," "Love Story," and "The Climb." I'm watching her audition performance of "Mean" on YouTube now. She has a sweet voice, and the singer-songwriter vibe works well for her. She seems like someone with a lot of potential. As for her performance of "Love Story," this was pretty good as well. She might've been lacking a musical identity at this point. She was still very green since she's so young, but I can only imagine she has improved since her time on the show. Anyway, sorry to Cassie and her fans, but out she goes from the rankdown.

And I'll save Angel.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Mahalia Simpson

X-Factor-Australia-2015-Interview-Mahali

Mahalia Simpson is from Brisbane, Queensland and competed on The X Factor Australia Season 7. Mahalia was a part of the girls category with Dannii Minogue as her mentor. Honestly, I remember having an on again/off again thoughts of feelings on Mahalia. She had a very inconsistent run on the show with some really good performances and some bad performances I didn’t care for. This was likely due to the case of weird arrangements. Her voice and singing style was unique, but her performances didn’t always click for me. I believe she lasted around 7 weeks, and made it to 5th place and was Dannii’s last girl standing of the season. She landed in the Bottom 2 about 3 or 4 times. Let’s take a look at her song choices.

Week 1: “Is You Is or Is You Ain’t My Baby?” by Louis Jordan.  This was a fun sassy performance that I thought she did well with.

Week 2: “Hello” by Lionel Richie. Also enjoyed this from her too.

Week 3: “Get Stupid” by Aston Merrygold. Love this song but this was such a terrible song choice for her, which did not make sense. Even how she performed it, Mahalia did not seem like she was feeling the song a all. This landed her in the Bottom 3.

Week 3 Sing Off: “Summertime” by George Gershwin. She was beat Jimmy Davis in the sing-off,  by a 3-1 vote.

Week 4: “Need You Tonight” by INXS. Another weird and bad song choice for her, but she managed to be safe.

Week 5: “Tears Dry on Their Own” by Amy Winehouse. This was better than her last two performances but not as good as her first two. At least I think so - landed in the Bottom 2 after this. Overall, don’t really remember this.

Week 5 Sing Off: “Ready for Love” by India.Aire. She competed against fellow Girls act, Michaela Baranov, in the sing-off. She won this sing-off with a 3-1 vote to stay in her favor, even though Dannii voted against Mahalia to even out the votes.

Week 6: “Chasing Pavements” by Adele. Thought this was really good and one of her better performances.

Week 6 Sing-Off: “No More Drama” by Mary J. Blige. Yep, Mahalia was in her 3rd sing-off vs. Natalie Conway’s 1st sing off and beat her. 😐 it was a 2-2 vote but Mahalia received  more votes than Natalie and stayed another week.

Week 7: “I Try” by Macy Gray. This doesn’t really standout too much for me, but at this point i was just ready for Mahalia to go. :haha:

Week 7 Sing-Off: “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus. Mahalia was in her 4th sing-off and this time against, Big T. This was another 2-2 vote but Mahalia received the least votes and was eliminated.

Mahalia did really well making it this far. Even though it was frustrating for me towards the end of the season. It did feel like she was steering away from her artistry and Dannii didn’t really do a great job in mentoring her. :ph34rwave: I will close this out with some performances from her.

Saving: Treyc Cohen

tumblr_mibpgswC9T1s609pno6_250.thumb.gif

Updated Mahalia write-up!

Holly Tandy

holly-tandy.jpg

The most interesting thing about her is that she formed a close bond with Leon Mallett during the show. Because Leon is hot and amazing. Anyways, scandalous if they were flirting or dating or whatever because I think she was 16 and he was 22. Awk, well she's 18 now Leon, but you are too cute to be straight, go find a nice, hot boy. Anyways, Holly finished in 7th place on Series 14 of the UK version. She did pretty well, and she has done pretty well here, but it is the end of the road for her. Bye girl! Also, I will leave you all with an amazing duet with Leon, even though it has nothing to do with Holly. Sorry girl, but really that was the most interesting thing about you. Leon.

Save Alisah

Bella Penfold

300?cb=20181019104959

TBH I confused her for a second with Molly (they are nothing alike, they are just equally forgettable), but now I sorta remember her, even tho the only contestants I remember from that season are Shan, Dalton, Scarlett (sorta) and Anthony (unfortunately). If it isn't obvious, she's from season 15, and finished in 8th place. She has an interesting tone, and that's about the positives she had going for her. She had close to no range, and most of her performances were messy, and in the best case they barely were ok. She was casted as filler tbh, and she did that role well lol. Anyway, bye, no one will miss you most likely.

Save: Monica Michaels

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, NGM said:

Bella Penfold

300?cb=20181019104959

TBH I confused her for a second with Molly (they are nothing alike, they are just equally forgettable), but now I sorta remember her, even tho the only contestants I remember from that season are Shan, Dalton, Scarlett (sorta) and Anthony (unfortunately). If it isn't obvious, she's from season 15, and finished in 8th place. She has an interesting tone, and that's about the positives she had going for her. She had close to no range, and most of her performances were messy, and in the best case they barely were ok. She was casted as filler tbh, and she did that role well lol. Anyway, bye, no one will miss you most likely.

Save: Monica Michaels

tenor.gif

GEORGIA DENTON

2CCF0C5F00000578-0-image-m-19_1443318903

Georgia Denton is from the seventh season of The X Factor Australia. She placed 10th and was the third contestant eliminated from the season. So why has she made it this far, y’all? :dead: The first week, she sang Hold My Hand (not the Hootie & the Blowfish song) in the performance show, and then Ave Maria in her sing-off. For the second week, she did Listen to Your Heart and was safe. In the third week, she did I’ll be There and was automatically eliminated.

Edited by Elliott

Just now, Elliott said:

Georgia Denton is from the seventh season of The X Factor Australia. She placed 10th and was the third contestant eliminated from the season. So why has she made it this far, y’all? :dead: The first week, she sang Hold My Hand (not the Hootie & the Blowfish song) in the performance show, and then Ave Maria in her sing-off. For the second week, she did Listen to Your Heart and was safe. In the third week, she did I’ll be There and was automatically eliminated.

As should everyone who attempts to do that song.

14 minutes ago, Elliott said:

She placed 10th and was the third contestant eliminated from the season. So why has she made it this far, y’all? :dead: 

I believe there's a few more contestants that didn't even make it as far as 10th still remaining. :haha: Although a select frew of those (or well 1) did deserve better and to make it further.

And also I don't recall you ever nominating Georgia before. 😘 :claybleh: