RuPaul’s Drag Race - General Discussion Thread

Elliott

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

My feelings on Ben kind of soured after AS3. He was my favourite in S6 so I was excited to see him back, but after he spent all season talking about sending the weaker contestant home, voting for Kennedy over Shangela and BeBe just seemed hypocritical. But Ben has said the reason he quit was because he didn’t like how production was trying to manufacture the drama (ironic) and didn’t think it was fair that the winning team was the bottom three.

BeBe :wub: I also agree Shangela/BeBe should’ve been the top two of that finale, but it was clear they were never letting a winner make it to the final lip sync.

Aja turned it out in AS3. Her being in the B2 the week she went home was stupid considering I thought she had the third best look after Trixie and BeBe.

I like Trixie more or less off the show, but I’ve never really been a fan of what she brings to the show if that makes sense. That said, I wish Milk didn’t ruin their scene during the improv challenge because what bits she managed to get in had me rolling.

Kennedy is too high. 🙂

That low ranking of Thorgy is... aw Jesus gross.

Re: Chi Chi, she was diagnosed with Scleroderma before the season began filming which is why she didn’t perform as well 😥

Milk is hot out of drag but lasted too long and the theatrics got old quickly. :haha: Him not being in the B2 for that offensive Céline performance still haunts me.

I assume there was a lot of behind the scenes drama that maybe wasn't shown cause I truly cannot see how Shangela got only one point and it wasn't even a top vote. But I put all the blame in the producers cause the all-stars never should have gotten that much power on the first place. I still love Bela and my love from grew even more from her original season.

I love Bebe on the season. Just doing whatever the hell she wanted and not caring for the other queens or the judges opinions :wub:

I'm the same with you regarding Trixie. She just ended up being a very random winner. Milk really ruined that scene for her though.

mmmm nope 🙂

She didn't do much??

Oh I see 😥

Milk's Celine was tragic and very deserving of being in the bottom!!!

1 minute ago, .Rei said:

I assume there was a lot of behind the scenes drama that maybe wasn't shown cause I truly cannot see how Shangela got only one point and it wasn't even a top vote. But I put all the blame in the producers cause the all-stars never should have gotten that much power on the first place. I still love Bela and my love from grew even more from her original season.

A lot of the girls claimed to not like Shangela due to the fact that she turns her persona on for the camera, felt like she might be diva-ish, etc. It was entirely personal. 

1 hour ago, Deeee said:

A lot of the girls claimed to not like Shangela due to the fact that she turns her persona on for the camera, felt like she might be diva-ish, etc. It was entirely personal. 

A drag Queen play up the drama for the cameras?

I am shocked, I tell you. 

• Like 1

Rei, all the words you wrote on Shangela are 100%, great write-up for the season.

I actually feel opposite to Elliott about Ben. I was very underwhelmed with Ben in Season 6 and was a big fan of her for AS3 regardless of the quitting. S6 Ben was a target of mine for the last rankdown but now that it's not split by season Ben ranks much much higher for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Rei, all the words you wrote on Shangela are 100%, great write-up for the season.

I actually feel opposite to Elliott about Ben. I was very underwhelmed with Ben in Season 6 and was a big fan of her for AS3 regardless of the quitting. S6 Ben was a target of mine for the last rankdown but now that it's not split by season Ben ranks much much higher for me.

I'm the same with you.. I preferred Ben's run this time around much more. Ben was much stronger and actually slaying the competition

12 hours ago, Deeee said:

yeah I feel like something was going on.. still dumb though to not vote for her 

14 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

I liked Ben in AS3 and didn't mind her quitting because I'm always here for people trolling RuPaul. :wub: It just left a bad taste in my mouth that she voted Kennedy first and didn't give Shangela any votes on the jury after saying all season long that she wanted to send home the weakest each week.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 10

s10-drag-race-cast-billboard-1548-compressed.jpg

1. Monet X Change

source.gif

I guess Monet ends up as my favorite. I really like her personality and was most of the time fun to watch. But also bombed hard some of the challenges and runways looks, hence why I am not standing hard for her.

2. Monique Heart

rs_640x360-180628184033-RuPauls_Drag_Race-Grand_Finale-5_58_37_PM_-_5_58_38_PM-2018-06-28.gif?fit=around%7C640:auto&output-quality=90&crop=640:auto;center,top

Lol only this gif made the finale worth watching. I admit that Monique was a mess in the competition, but at least she gave me some of the personality that I was craving in the season and hardly got.

3. Aquaria

giphy.gif

She deserved to win the season and while I agree her runway looks were flawless and performed well in most of the challenges, I still didn't connect to her. She is a much better winner than Violet though.

4. Asia O'Hara

tumblr_inline_pb2m4fGrX51tqsn68_500.gif

I enjoyed Asia most of the season but sometimes she rubbed me the wrong way especially on the reunion show. She had some really great performances but girl bombed hard on the final lip-sync, having said that so did Aquaria and Kameron Michaels in my opinion.

5. Miz Cracker

miz-cracker-teeth-1528612430-1528612432.

I believe in the beginning that Miz Cracker would end up being my favorite but unfortunately she perform poorly 50% of the time and by the end was all over her head and unable to outperform the rest. I absolutely loved her look above though.

6. Blair St. Clair

06-blair.gif

I was heartbroken when she shared her rape story and I felt for her. I really liked Blair but Ru and his shenanigans prevent me to getting to know her more and see all of her talent, as I don't think she deserved to leave when she did.

7. Kameron Michaels

tenor.gif?itemid=14724815

I may have bought the whole quiet personality stuff until she was unmasked on the reunion show and we knew that apparently she is just a b***h. She put me to sleep several times during the season and was unmemorable the whole way through. Didn't deserve to make the finale and her skills as a lip-syncer are way overrated. I'm also probably the only gay that was not attracted to boy Kameron.

8. The Vixen

200.gif

She may have been on the right regarding the whole Eureka drama. But she was also an instigator that just tried to provoke the drama just cause. Having said that at least she brought some entertaining moments to the season.

9. Eureka

15-Eureka-1524257601-1524257602.gif

The definition of obnoxious! So annoying. Terrible personality. She's only this high cause I have to admit that she had the second best run after Aquaria but is not someone that I like.

10. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo

tenor.gif?itemid=11518728

Queen of the Internet! She was the winner of the season as far as I'm concerned.

11. Dusty Ray Bottoms

tenor.gif?itemid=11653764

Unlike Kameron Michaels she was cute out of drag. I like the little I saw and would have like for her to last longer.

12. Mayhem Miller

rupaul-drag-race-season-10-episode-5-may

Who?

13. Kalorie Kardashian Williams

giphy.gif

Who?

14. Yuhua Hamasaki

giphy.gif?resize=480,259&ssl=1

Who?

Seasons Rankings:

1 - Season 6 

2 - All-Stars Season 2 

3 - Season 9

4 - Season 4

5 - Season 5

6 - Season 8

7 - Season 1 

8 - Season 2

9 - Season 3

10 - All-Stars Season 3 

11 - All-Stars Season 1

12 - Season 7

13 - Season 10 - I must admit that I'm not a fan of this season. Were they great runs? Yes. Were there great performances in challenges? Yes. Were there great lip-syncs? Yes. Was this season completely boring and hard to get through?? Absolutely. There was no one from this cast that would be part of my top favorites. Even as I was ranking them I was having a hard time cause most of them were just meh and the ones I enjoyed were also just okay and not amazing. Even in some of the previous terrible seasons there was always a queen that I would stan like Katya in S7 or Raven in AS1. But in this time I just didn't care for anybody's run that much and was just trying to finish this season as soon as I could. There's not to say that queens were terrible, and in fact, the season ended up with the most deserving taking the crown but I just didn't really connect to anyone and that's the reason why S10 will go down as my least favorite season so far.

Top 22 Queens so far

Bebe Zahrara Bennet

Raven

Jujubee

Tatianna

Shangela

Alexis Mateo

Chad Michaels

Phi Phi O'Hara

Latrice Royale

Willam

Jinkx Monsoon

Alaska

Detox

Alyssa Edwards

Bianca del Rio

Adore Delano

Ben DelaCreme

Katya

Chi Chi Devayne

Shea Coulee

Pepermint

Trinity Taylor

Winners Rankings

1. Bianca del Rio

2. Jinkx Monsoon

3. Bebe Zahrara Bennet

4. Alaska (AS2)

5. Bob the Drag Queen

6. Sasha Velour

7. Chad Michaels (AS1)

8. Aquaria 

9. Trixie Mattel (AS3)

10. Violet Chahki

11. Raja

12. Tyra Sanchez

13. Sharon Needles

Supposed lip sync assassins for AS6:

Plastique Tiara, Asia O'Hara, Laila McQueen, Adore Delano, Kameron Michaels, Dida Ritz, Heidi N. Closet, Jessica Wild, and Jade Jolie.

Potentially Jaida Essence Hall and Trinity the Tuck.

I see they're using the term "assassin" liberally...

Edited by Elliott