American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

Colton Dixon

colton-dixon-medium.jpg

I think I procrastinated enough on this write-up (my apologies), so let's get it done. Colton was a contestant on season 11, and he made it to 7th place, the week after Jessica Sanchez was saved by the judges (yes, I'm including this solely for Elliott). As with the rest of that top 7 (except for Hollie) he was quite good, and delivered some good to great performances during his time on the show (personal favourite goes to Piano Man, with Decode as a 2nd). His only real dud week was the one he left on, when he bombed on Bad Romance and September. Not a great note to end his Idol journey, but from what (little) I know, he did pretty well post-Idol on christian music (?). Thing is that does nothing for me so I didn't follow anything he did post-show. Still, good contestant, and solid run here.

Kimberly Caldwell

SlowMeekDevilfish-size_restricted.gif

Kimberly Ann Caldwell! One of my original American Idol favorites. She was like my Ryan Starr favorite of American Idol Season 2 until Trenyce came along. The drama between her and Julia DeMato was one of the juiciest Idol feuds (at the time)! Things were just different back then. Oh, 2003. :dead: Then Frenchie Davis went and got herself disqualified and well you know the rest. I absolutely loved Kimberly during her run on Idol. I was very obviously Team Kim during her feud with the hairdresser!  Let's get this write-up over done and over with. Kimberly Caldwell is an American singer, actress and television hostess and she was a contestant on American Idol Season 2. Before the Top 32 Kimberly was best known for drama! She performed in Group 1 along with Julia DeMato and Charles Grigsby. She sang "Come To My Window" by Melissa Etheridge and she made the Top 3 in the vote which advanced her to the Wildcard portion of the show. Julia DeMato and Charles Grigsby were the Top 2 and advanced to the Top 12 and that will always be a choice! Julia probably thought she saw the last of her but Kimberly Caldwell performed "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King and thankfully, Randy Jackson chose her to be his wildcard choice. I'll make a long story short and end with the fact the she ended up beating both Julia DeMato and Charles Grigsby and placed 7th place overall! BAM! She really should have beat Carmen Rasmusen and make the Top 6. I wouldn't have been mad if she made the Top 5 and beat Joshua Gracin as well. 😘 She went on to do some acting, some hosting, some dating of David Cook. :giggle:She released her debut album Without Regret on April 19, 2011. Kim will always be one my favorites but this placement is really generous for her. All the complaining I got about my nominations and someone who actually deserved to leave at this point actually did so I think I did THAT. ❤️ PS: Watch Kim play herself in both Wrong Turn 2: Dead End and Monkey Up! :dead:

Edited by 1234567890

30 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Victoria saying she's a Kim Caldwell fan, but getting her eliminated in this and getting Wrong Turn 2 eliminated in the horror rankdown.

chicago blackhawks hockey GIF

Wrong Turn 2: Dead Turn is not a good film and 38 is a more than generous spot for Kimberly!

power rangers 90s GIF

hqdefault.jpg
George Huff

I remember nothing about George apart from the following:

1. He was BFF’s with Jennifer Hudson.
2. He slayed when he performed “Take Me to the Pilot“

3. He was a contestant on the third season of American Idol.

So, George was a contestant on the third season of American Idol aka The Diva season. He was the last male standing and rightfully so when it was down to him and John Stevens. I would’ve probably had his outlast LaToya at that point since she’s virtually a cabaret robot but whatever. I think he showcased his talent fantastically in the earlier parts of the show but couldn’t keep up once the Jasmine storyline and Fantasia/Diana domination happened. This is a good placement for him.

Edited by Zoey

10 minutes ago, Zoey said:

George Huff

I remember nothing about George apart from the following:

1. He was BFF’s with Jennifer Hudson.
2. He slayed when he performed “Take Me to the Pilot“

3. He was a contestant on the third season of American Idol.

So, George was a contestant on the third season of American Idol aka The Diva season. He was the last male standing and rightfully so when it was down to him and John Stevens. I would’ve probably had his outlast LaToya at that point since she’s virtually a cabaret robot but whatever. I think he showcased his talent fantastically in the earlier parts of the show but couldn’t keep up once the Jasmine storyline and Fantasia/Diana domination happened. This is a good placement for him.

naomimeme.jpg

On 7/16/2020 at 11:43 AM, FrogLenzen said:

Who remembers all the talk from VFTW about Carly being a “plant” in season 7?

Lmaooo I remember this as clear as day. :dead: It was such a huge deal back then (And same with that Joanna lady in S8) but nowadays everyone (exaggerating of course) are plants so no one cares. :lmao: 

On 7/15/2020 at 4:57 PM, Elliott said:

You Really Got Me was her only “iconic” performance imo but FFS was easily the best S1 performance by anyone not named Kelly, Tamyra or Nikki.

Omggg I thought you were saying YRGM was the best S1 performance outside of those 3 and I was about to @ you with that nonsense. :dead: FFS was great though but I do think RJ and Justin had some strong performances on that level too.

ETA: And Christina too. DUH.

On 7/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, Elliott said:

Top 37 contestant Ryan Starr ❤️

She made the Top 37? 😐 

On 7/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, 1234567890 said:

This you, @*Wallace? 🕵️‍♂️

Jessica Sanchez is gone so nope. :broken: 

On 7/15/2020 at 4:35 PM, JC said:

Boo at Phillip and Jessica Sanchez eliminations, I’m one of the few that likes both (other than Wally of course) :giggle:

You better include Elliott in that equation because we are both polar opposites there. :lmao: Although I do give Phillip credit sometimes. :haha: 

8 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

tenor.gif

It's difficult being a Jessica Sanchez and Phillip Phillips fan. 🥴

:dead: 

Oooh awwww I can understand that. I went through that back in the S5 days of being a Kat and Elliott fan. And actually I think i go through that with many rivalry fanbases. :haha: 

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Omggg I thought you were saying YRGM was the best S1 performance outside of those 3 and I was about to @ you with that nonsense. :dead: FFS was great though but I do think RJ and Justin had some strong performances on that level too.

Again, this Christina Christian erasure. 🕵️‍♂️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh awwww I can understand that. I went through that back in the S5 days of being a Kat and Elliott fan.

Even worse... imagine your top two in S5 being Chris and Katharine. 😐

Edited by Elliott
  • Haha 1