American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

Her anniversary is coming up. :( 9 years. :broken:

omg I can't believe it's been that long. :( I still remember finding out about it when Andrew and I were eating lunch during one of our road trips to see Lee. 😢

Just now, Elliott said:

omg I can't believe it's been that long. :( I still remember finding out about it when Andrew and I were eating lunch during one of our road trips to see Lee. 😢

I found out before I was going to see a play that Tamyra Gray was in and it soured the experience immensely. :(

Just now, Zoey said:

Jennifer’s “Circle of Love” and “Weekend in New England” >>>>>> anything the other two did.

Are we omitting "I Have Nothing"? I love Jennifer don't get me wrong but I'm just solely speaking from the batch of nominees. 😛

8 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Is Phillip one of the best winners? He's had some high highs but I found him quite inconsistent. I think this is a pretty right placement for him overall.

Other than his Top 5 performances, I don't think he was any more inconsistent than Jessica, Joshua, Hollie, Skylar or even Elise were. :ph34rwave: The endless duets/trios forced upon the S11 cast really ruined a lot of their momentum. I think Phil and Jessica had the record for most performances in Idol's live shows until Jena came along. Post-Idol, Home was the best-selling song from an Idol alumni, his first two albums went platinum and gold respectively, and his third album wound up selling more than the label had anticipated from what I remember. His accompanying tour for it was sold out on most of the dates, as well.

As much as I don't like using the term because I think they're all successful in their own way, by IDF standards, he's the last "successful winner" Idol was able to churn out, too.

Edited by Elliott

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Are we omitting "I Have Nothing"? I love Jennifer don't get me wrong but I'm just solely speaking from the batch of nominees. 😛

I just don’t love that as much as the other two I listed. It was great though.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

She didn't do I Have Nothing on Idol.

Jessica Sierra

3388959_orig.jpg?312

Honestly, Jessica was a really fun contestant and had a really strong voice! I enjoyed her more upbeat performances, but wasn't crazy about most of her ballads or country songs. She was pretty karaoke during her journey too if we're being honest, but a lot of people in the early seasons were pretty karaoke. "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is obviously her biggest moment on the show that a lot of people talk about and it's definitely my favorite performance of hers (though I wouldn't call it amazing or anything). She got eliminated in 10th place and it definitely felt a bit premature, but she did have a bad week. Obviously Scott and Anthony shouldn't have beaten, her but they shouldn't have beaten anyone, yet they made it to fourth and fifth place. After the show, Jessica fell off the rails a bit and dealt with drug & alcohol addiction and even ended up on Celebrity Rehab. I have no idea what she's up to now, but hopefully she's in a better place.