American Idol Rankdown 2.0

sublymonal

DEANDRE BRACKENSICK

f454efce780d0d5b832ceaeeca8a044f.gif

Prior to appearing on the 11th season of American Idol, DeAndre made it all the way to Green Mile in Season 10 where he was cut for not being ready. A year later, the judges thought he was ready where he was selected as a semi-finalist. His first live performance was actually not that great - it was his version of "Reasons" and the public agreed that it was not good. The following night, he was selected as a wildcard where he performed a mediocre cover of "Georgia On My Mind", his performance was good enough to move on to the next round which I didn't agree as I thought Jennifer Hirsh should have moved on. After making the Top 13, he continued to delivered either mediocre or terrible performances - some of those performances includes "Endless Love", "Only The Good Die Young", "Master Blaster", "I Like It", "Sometimes I Cry", and "I Like It". He made it all the way to the Top 8 which I have no clue how he achieved that, just like how he achieved making it past the Top 100 in this rankdown. 

Since Idol, DeAndre came out as bisexual which is nice to hear & he feel comfortable enough to live his authentic self.  

SAVING: CARRIE UNDERWOOD

Edited by *Chris

Michael J. Woodard

Michael J Woodard sings "Beauty and the Beast" on American Idol ...

I never really understood why people felt the need to use their middle initial when saying their full name.  Michael auditioned for idol when the series got rebooted for Season 16.  He was never really a front runner for me throughout the season.  He proved to be a good singer, but I just didn't connect with the song he chose.  He picked songs that showcased his range, but I personally didn't think he lived up to what the songs needed.  Singing my Heart Will Go On, is tough for anyone, but for a guy?  Wrong choice.  In my opinion he was at his best when he did Titanium during the Top 14.  I also thought he did well with Beauty and the Beast, which was the one time i was surprised by his song choice.  It was my third favorite of the night, and it was memorable.  Ultimately Michael ended up in 5th place, which is further then I expected him to get.  Hell he made it further in this rankdown then I expected.

Save: Jessica Sierra

JUSTIN GUARINI

NlBpNjFEV2xkMUlNbmNEbkxWUHYucG5n.jpg

This write-up was originally for Carrie, but since I cut Justin instead, I can just mostly use the same write-up. I love when that happens. :wub:

Justin Guarini made the finale in the first season of American Idol, where he thankfully didn't beat the superior finale mate that he had. Despite being a frontrunner and a judges' favourite, most of the performances turned in by this contestant were pretty mediocre. He did have one stand-out with Get Here, which was eventually reprised underwhelmingly in the finale. Also him not being in the bottom two for Top 4 week after PYT was an absolute choice. Post-show, Justin has had some some success with his career, but I mostly recognize him for his Kelly stanning on Twitter. At least there's that.

SAVE: Kimberly Caldwell

Sonika Vaid

rpet_arrivals_and_the_debut_of_the_american_idol_xv_finalists-jpeg-06db4_6ddc82512fbcb5db45e7629a641a7677.jpg

Thank you @Alex95 for allowing us to get rid of some of the fodder in this rankdown. The past three cuts (including my own; Michael, DeAndre and Sonika) have been long overdue as I scratch my head and wonder how the hell Sonika Vaid made it so far into this rankdown. :dead: She was once considered on this forum (LOL) for her performance of "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. The performance was cute but was forgotten as soon as La'Porsha sang "Diamonds" by Rihanna. Sonika was a contestant on American Idol Season 15 which was considered The Farewell Season. She had a nice, pretty technical voice but was pretty boring overall. She placed 5th on that season.

Edited by 1234567890

On 5/2/2020 at 2:02 PM, Alex95 said:

Danny Gokey

Uj7Q2_QONxptWzaYC0lpaghPtxhGhD9MXmsMP75i6LTOVGBG_whl8kLaQvBW5wCyr2700VplnW1MOIj8w62ZTj6A4LSID8Wzyw9grXA2htz8W_Qk4W80WMjK2-EkkBRKKLkuU9dyBIEl4NLv7va2Hf5BDHhHPMxqjYU4-S4nPzsj

Is this reason enough to cut him?

What about this?

Or maybe because he was underwhelming during literally every other single performance as well and skated by to the top three based on a sob story and seeming nice to the cat moms at home. I think all those reasons combined are all extremely valid and correct reasons to cut him here. Danny was my first cut in the original Idol rankdown, but I avoided him to take out the fodder. There's not much fodder amongst these noms and I was gonna nominate him anyway so this is a more than fair and appropriate placement for Gokey. Danny skated by week after week performing mediocrely, having a punchable face, and picking the most bland song choices imaginable. What happened to that woman that did the recaps with Slezak and called him "Ghoulish Widower"? I stan her so hard. His "dancing" was awful during every performance. His singing was D+ at best. There was nothing unique about him. However, America felt they want to hear three more performances from him on top three night instead of Allison. Disgusting. Danny is easily one of my least favorite Idol contestants ever.

bc recycling is good for the environment and the soul

save phil

18 minutes ago, NGM said:

also all it takes is iced coffee? all we need is to find a coffee shop we can paypal to give Elliott iced coffee and we are set

It's probably extra points if it's pumpkin spice iced coffee

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I would like to know why Tim Horton's is so beloved because (in Raven's voice) their coffee is sh*t, their food is sh*t, their snacks are sh*t.

The only thing I liked from Tim Hortons are their Iced Capps (double blended, 1/2 the amount of chocolate milk).  Otherwise I agree, theres nothing special about Tims/