RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12

*Lily

Someone said they might be trying to replicate AS2's success by airing it in the summer/fall.

But based off the cast's social media, I think they all expected it to start airing already. :rofl: 

Edited by Elliott

MEET THE QUEENS OF SEASON 12

Aiden Zhane | Acworth, GA

Aiden-Zhane-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billb

"Hailing from rural Georgia, it’s apparent Aiden Zhane is attracted to the darker side of life. Horror films, Marilyn Manson, and weirdness all inform her outlandish – and original – spooky persona."

Brita | New York, NY 

Brita-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billboard-1

"Everyone who knows drag in New York City knows Brita. That’s because this hard-working Polynesian queen captivates audiences with her famous lip-syncs…no less than seven nights a week."

Crystal Methyd | Springfield, MO 

Crystal-Methyd-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billboard-1548.jpg

"The only thing Crystal Methyd is addicted to is attention. And with her quirky fashions, incomparable makeup skills and screwball sense of humor, she’ll certainly be catching the judges’ eyes."

Dahlia Sin | Los Angeles, CA 

Dahlia-Sin-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billbo

"Originally hailing from Brooklyn, Dahlia Sin emerged from the Haus of Aja (of Season 9 and All Stars fame). Now this look queen lives in LA, where she wows the west coast with her urban brand of sexiness."

Gigi Goode | Los Angeles, CA 

Gigi-Goode-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billbo

"This leggy fashion queen is only 21, but enters the competition with a sizeable social media following. Gorgeous fashion illustrations come to life and make her Instagram fans stan."

Heidi N Closet | Ramseur, NC

Heidi-N.-Closet-2020-rupauls-drag-race-b

"Heidi comes from Ramseur, a small country town in North Carolina. She playfully says there’s little to do there except count chickens and cows. But her infectious persona is sure to make her a global name very soon."

Jackie Cox | New York, NY 

Jackie-Cox-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billbo

"The Persian princess of drag has arrived. Born in Canada and with Iranian heritage, Jackie Cox now considers the New York cabaret stage her home.  She loves to write her own shows and bring them to life."

Jaida Essence Hall | Milwaukee, WI

Jaida-Essence-Hall-2020-rupauls-drag-rac

"Jaida Essence Hall always strives to be the essence of glamour.  She originally wanted to be a fashion designer, and now gets to both live that fantasy and model her own gorgeous creations."

Jan | New York, NY 

Jan-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billboard-124

"Jan is a musical theater queen and skilled singer, who can belt in the original key of a female popstar’s song. Ambitious and driven, she’s looking to slay the Drag Race performance challenges."

Nicky Doll | New York, NY 

Nicky-Doll-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billbo

"The first French contestant to compete in RuPaul’s Drag Race, Nicky Doll relocated from Paris to New York City, where she enchants audiences with her European catwalk, high fashions and seductive charm."

Rock M. Sakura | San Francisco, CA 

Rock-M-Sakura-2020-rupauls-drag-race-bil

"Rock M. Sakura’s aesthetic is an amalgamation of anime, manga, and anything pink. With her high-energy death-dropping performance style and dirty sense of humor, this is a queen who defies categorization."

Sherry Pie | New York, NY 

Sherry-Pie-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billbo

"A campy, polished queen who knows her references, Sherry Pie will leave an audience in stitches. And with Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett as her icons, she’s certainly learned from the best."

Widow Von’Du | Kansas City, MO 

Widow-VonDu-2020-rupauls-drag-race-billb

"The Widow is up in the building. A Missouri girl who lives life out loud, this queen can perform the house down… and dance circles around her competition."

For full length interviews, they can be found on Entertainment Weekly

Edited by *Chris

My early favourites are Jan (been following her since AGT), Jackie, Sherry (another queen that I've been following for a while).  Looking forward to see what Gigi, Brita, Rock and Crystal have to offer. 

Edited by *Chris

Apparently they filmed both possible eliminations for the Top 5 episode this season rather than just the one who actually got eliminated (think Brooke vs Vanjie). Imagine not knowing if you're actually in the finale until the episode airs like nine months after you tape it. :rofl:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Apparently they filmed both possible eliminations for the Top 5 episode this season rather than just the one who actually got eliminated (think Brooke vs Vanjie). Imagine not knowing if you're actually in the finale until the episode airs like nine months after you tape it. :rofl:

mess

2 minutes ago, vee_ said:

Based on the photos and descriptions (I'm toolazy to watch MTQs), I like Aidan, Gigi, Jan, and Nicky. But I'll wait til the show starts to pick my faves for sure.

#me

The only pre-season interviews I bother with are related to Parvati Shallow tbh

Season 12 is looking like a far more competitive and polished season than the last. 

Very excited to see Dahlia, Jackie, and Sherry. Even though I knew the cast prior to the reveal, these are three queens I have been following for some time!

Gigi, Jaida, and Crystal are the only queens that do not excite me yet.

9 hours ago, Deeee said:

Season 12 is looking like a far more competitive and polished season than the last. 

Very excited to see Dahlia, Jackie, and Sherry. Even though I knew the cast prior to the reveal, these are three queens I have been following for some time!

Gigi, Jaida, and Crystal are the only queens that do not excite me yet.

I agree with you on Gigi - there's something thats not clicking. I found that in her video, she lacked personality compare to the other queens. 

But I disagree with you on Crystal - I feel she's unpredictable and I am here for that! 

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

The MTQs hold little stock for me considering Silky seemed like someone that would be good after S11's came out.

Lol this is true, Silky was my fave in the MTQs by far...and then came the first episode