RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12

*Lily

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

So far Gigi > Jackie & Heidi > Britta > Crystal & Widow. 

For me, entrance, personality and mini-challenge; 

Jackie > Nicky > Brita > Gigi > Crystal > Heidi & Widow

Edited by *Chris

Loved the premiere!! Episode 1 rankings, based mostly on personal enjoyment but also how they did:

1. Heidi - I mean overall she probably had the weakest episode in terms of her challenge performance/runway, but I don't really care, she's already a star? :wub: Some of her one-liners were hilarious. I'm nervous for how she does this season but am hoping she can have a real journey arc because she feels like she'll make a great narrator.

2. Widow - Loved her at the start, lost her in the middle a little bit but then she won be back straight away with her rap and lip-sync. Dominated the episode.

3. Gigi - She's going to bring great looks and she seems fun as well, I look forward to seeing her in acting/comedy challenges to see how she does there too. But she took the right approach with the lip-sync and it worked for her.

4. Nicky - I was a little skeptical pre-season because I kinda felt like she'd just bring looks and not much else, but I really like her personality... I have a feeling, unfortunately, that she'll be set up to struggle in acting/comedy challenges in the future since they're already making a lot of references to her accent/not understanding words. But really enjoyed her.

5. Jackie - Can't say for sure for a few weeks/until we see the other girls but she already feels like a Miss Congeniality possibility. She has the backstory, plus just seems really nice/personable. I also hope she makes it to Snatch Game as all I want is for her to do Lisa Rinna.
6. Crystal - Just need to see a bit more of her but I really like her (also really cute out of drag). I think she has great potential.

7. Brita - Idk what it is about Brita, she didn't really do it for me this episode... I thought Gigi put it well when she mentioned her big NYC reputation but she was clearly struggling. She's very confident in herself and I'm hoping that'll resonate to the challenges in the future. I didn't dislike her though - just liked her slightly less than the other six, but still excited for her!

That was a fun premiere! Rankings after episode 1 (I don't dislike anyone):

1. Heidi N Closet (a more polished Chi Chi? Sign me up)

2. Crystal Methyd (whatever, she's so much fun)

3. Jackie Cox (the thirst is real, also I would have had her in the top over Gigi based off the performance)

4. Gigi Goode (Violet meets Aquaria, love her potential, but what's with the helmets lmao)

5. Widow Von'Du (she had the strongest challenge performance but I see her eating up screentime from people I'll probably like more so I'm a bit skeptical)

6. Brita Filter (living for the Polynesian representation, she seems fabulous, but seemed a bit tentative/not up to her full potential, hoping she delivers more in the coming weeks)

7. Nicky Doll (can't put my finger on what it is about her that I don't love, but I wasn't feeling it too much with her)

Ranking after Week 1 - do not hate any of them.

1. Jackie Cox -  she checks all the boxes for me. and should have been in the top, imo. 
  2. Heidi N Closet - surprise of the night for me, love her personality and can't wait what she have in store
  3. Gigi - another surprise for me, as I expected her to be like Scarlett which wasn't the case
  4. Nicki - love her style and love that she's a fellow frenchie ❤️ 
  5. Crystal - fell into the background for me but def. have potential
  6. Brita - love her but she didn't live up to the hype for me
  7. Widow - she owned the episode but she's simply my least favourite out of all of them. And I fear that she will be annoying as season progress.

01. Heidi N Closet - LOOOOOVE. ❤️ ChiChi vibes!

02. Crystal Methyd - I loved all of her looks and rap.

03. Jackie Cox - Shes gonna be a strong all rounder.
04. Brita - She brought it during the performance! One of the better ones.

05. Widow - I find her very erratic but there were moments she made me laugh. 
06. GiGi - There’s something missing. 
07. Nicky - Again, something missing.

1. Gigi - She’s like a likeable version of Violet and Aquaria. But I think she succeeded in every part of the first episode, so I could see her being a very strong contender this year.

2. Jackie - If this was purely a ranking on them out of drag, she’d be first because #thethirstisreal. Maybe I need to rewatch the episode but I remember not really caring for her in the rap challenge.

3. Heidi - I think she’s going to be the meme queen this season. She’s very likeable and I thought she was one of the best ones in the challenge, but was let down by her runway.

4. Widow - girl that fall look... #choices She was the best in the rap challenge and did better in the lip sync, so a well deserved win. 

5. Nicky - Pretty interchangeable with Widow. Like her designs but unfortunately I think the language barrier is going to put her at a disadvantage. :( 

6. Brita - Was she even in the premiere after the mini challenge?

7. Crystal - Not feeling her so far. I think it’s because she reminds me of Milk. 

Edited by Elliott

On 2/3/2020 at 11:27 PM, Deeee said:

Fans have already uncovered transphobic statements made by both Aiden Zhane and Dahlia Sin on Twitter. Both of them essentially agreed with the problematic opinions on the place of trans women on the show. 

And that’s like the tip of the iceberg.

Sherry Pie is being accused of scamming gay men and taking advantage of them and Brita Filter is accused of sexual assault. Big ol’ y I k e s this season.

Here's the Brita story too - TW; sexual assault.

This is all really gross obviously and the Sherry stuff especially seems to be picking up a lot of attention. Not in the media yet, but circulating widely on social media. It's a tough situation considering the season is pre-recorded so there's nothing that can be done from the show's side if it was to start picking up bad publicity, really. Who knows, people might forget this in a few weeks knowing RPDR drama, but considering the severity of it I really hope that's not the case.

Alternatively I do wonder if they would do anything if either Sherry/Brita was to make the finale. I'd imagine probably not but considering it's live it'd just feel gross to have a queen there under these allegations. Hopefully they're both gone by then lol.

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

It's a tough situation considering the season is pre-recorded so there's nothing that can be done from the show's side

Alternatively I do wonder if they would do anything if either Sherry/Brita was to make the finale.

They had no problem (I use that phrase very liberally) editing a double crowning together or editing Shuga out of S11, so at most, they'll probably just go through and make Sherry as invisible as possible after Ep 2 if the story continues to go more viral. Then again, they did jack sh*t about Silky last year when the allegations about her went viral, so who knows if Ru/WoW will even do anything.

Allegedly they filmed both outcomes for the Top 5 bottom two this year (so like if they had filmed Brooke leaving and Vanjie leaving last season) so I guess if Sherry and/or Britta is there, they'll probably just end the episode with a message like Due to circumstances that happened after filming, X queen has been reinstated following the dismissal of Sherry/Britta.

Edited by Elliott

10 minutes ago, Elliott said:

They had no problem (I use that phrase very liberally) editing a double crowning together or editing Shuga out of S11, so at most, they'll probably just go through and make Sherry as invisible as possible after Ep 2 if the story continues to go more viral. Then again, they did jack sh*t about Silky last year when the allegations about her went viral, so who knows if Ru/WoW will even do anything.

Allegedly they filmed both outcomes for the Top 5 bottom two this year (so like if they had filmed Brooke leaving and Vanjie leaving last season) so I guess if Sherry and/or Britta is there, they'll probably just end the episode with a message like Due to circumstances that happened after filming, X queen has been reinstated following the dismissal of Sherry/Britta.

I think the difference between the allegations against Sherry and the allegations against Silky is that Sherry's not only gaining steam within social media but also amongst popular past queens. Both Monet and Aquaria have commented on it. Though I think Monet may have deleted her tweet on it. 

This is Joey, I want to start by saying how sorry I am that I caused such trauma and pain and how horribly embarrassed and disgusted I am with myself. I know that the pain and hurt that I have caused will never go away and I know that what I did was wrong and truly cruel. Until being on RuPaul’s Drag Race, I never really understood how much my mental health and taking care of things meant. I learned on that show how important “loving yourself” is and I don’t think I have ever loved myself. I have been seeking help and receiving treatment since coming back to NYC. I truly apologize to everyone I have hurt with my actions. I also want to say how sorry I am to my sisters of season 12 and honestly the whole network and production company. All I can do is change the behavior and that starts with me and doing that work.

Sherry's statement. Yikes.

Not sure how to feel about the entire situation - it is a lot to take in. I was looking forward to Sherry Pie considering she's a Broadway queen but this is another level of uncomfortable & making it harder to root for her. 

It makes you wonder if there is a vetting process in place? Do they even dig on these queens past statements, etc... It is turning a season with lots of potential into a terrible season.