RuPaul's Drag Race Season 12

*Lily

Aiden posted about his previous transphobic comments:

So since today is the day of expressing myself online about things that have been going on lately, I’m going to address this as well. it’s obviously impossible to not see the swirling rumors of me being “transphobic” & while I HIGHLY debated not even addressing the matter because a part of me felt like my words wouldn’t be taken seriously & that people will stick to their opinions regardless.. I’ve decided if so THAT’S FINE!

I am not making this post to change anyone’s opinion of me. If you just enjoy being a troll online than I guess that’s your thing and I hope life gets better for you.. But do ask yourself if you are a part of the problem. I am making this post for one reason and one reason only and that’s for the transgender community. Not because I’m seeking forgiveness for a post I made in 2018 but because I am now on a television show that has given me a platform and as a member of the queer community I feel it’s my responsibility to be yet another voice, to speak up and push the message that YES, ALL DRAG IS VALID! I do not want any other message out there. I do believe in this statement. Anyone that knows me knows I Embrace and love people for who they are. Period. I said this earlier and I’ll say it again.

None of us say all of the right things all of the time! & I am fully aware that every single person dragging someone else on the internet is also.. not freaking perfect. Let’s start with the way you’re dragging people you don’t even know & spreading that negativity online & into the world Instead of addressing THE REAL problem at hand. You’re not going to change hearts and minds by calling people names and talking trash.. you’re just feeding into the bullshit that you so desperately want to snuff out. Life IS a f*cking learning process & I can’t even begin to express all of the things I’ve learned over the last several years even about my own community!

So please, spread knowledge where you can. Ask questions. Work to enlighten people. We all come from different walks of life & naturally our minds are not always tuned into all of the right or same channels. We work like puzzles.. and some of our pieces fall into place in different ways & at different times. There are those who don’t want or care to learn & well... those people are assholes 💁‍♂️ and that’s just never going to change.. but there are also those who are just figuring sh*t out as they go (as we ALL are) & we could all take a little more time to not only LEARN about those around us but TEACH as well before we pounce and attack.

At the end of the day it’s about treating people with respect. Ignorance is a real thing & I will never pretend to be someone with ALL of the answers or correct view points. Sometimes we might be looking at a situation from a bad or narrow angle and sometimes (I definitely know I) could use a slap upside the freaking head BUT if nothing else I am ALWAYS willing to learn & see a new and/or better perspective and more importantly I’m always open to just freaking caring about other human freaking beings. With that said We’ve had some awesome trans entertainers come through the Drag race doors and I’d LOVE to see MORE. All. Drag. Is. Valid. Period. I said it earlier and I’ll say it once more, SPREAD SOME LOVE. Between my two posts today, I hope I’ve made my message clear and I’m going to leave the conversation at that.

Glad to see they no longer back their original comments.

After the 2 premieres - strong cast. 

1. Jackie Cox: My favourite pre-season, and still my favourite after the 2 premieres. Love her looks and her style, and her love for Broadway - been watching her performances on Youtube and I decided to stan forever. And cute out of drag so a plus
  2. Jan: Amazing! Knew her before Drag Race and she did not disappoint - without a doubt, better than her drag mom. Looking forward to her bringing it, every week. 
  3. Jaida Essence Hall: Amazing. She surprised me - didn't expect her to slay me like she did. 
  4. Rock M Sakura: Sign me up! Her number was amazing, and loved all of her looks this week. 
  5. Heidi N Closet: She surprised me a lot. Tons of potential with amazing confessionals. 
  6. Gigi Goode: Gigi has a ton of potential - just not at the same level as the others for me. 
  7. Crystal Methyd: I do like Crystal and I think she has lots to offer, but from the 2 premiers, she kinda faded in the background for me. 
  8. Nicky Doll: Love me a french queen; love her looks but is she more than look? We shall find out. 
  9. Widow Von'du: She was good but just not feeling her - I feel we will turn on her quickly.
  10. Aiden Zhane: Unique and loved some of her look. I feel she will eventually get lost in the shuffle. 
  11. Brita: Was looking forward to her but she didn't really step it up. 
  12. Dahlian Sin: Meh!

My rankings after the first two episodes:

1. Gigi Goode - I was really impressed by her in her verse and her performance. I'm glad we have a fashion/IG queen who actually looks like she has a potential to slay the competition.

2. Jan - Definitely impressed by her. I don't get the comments of the judges but whatevs. Jan showing all she can do like a preview in the episode is a good thing for her because now the fans are rooting for her. So suck it, judges!

3. Jaida - I feel like she was supposed to be the villain of the season who would do well in the competition but then Voldemort happened so. I really liked her in the episode barring the dance practice. She slayed her lipsync too.

4. Rock M. - I really like her even if her makeup reminds me of Trashtell. She seems so sweet and her looks are actually really good! Even her performance in the maxi challenge. ALSO, HOW IRONIC COMING FROM THEM BEING OFFENDED BY FART JOKES WHEN THERE WAS A CHALLENGE WHERE IT'S ALL ABOUT FARTING HUMOUR IN AS3. 

5. Jackie - Cutie in and out of drag. I like her but I need to see more from her. She did great in the episode though but didn't stand out for me.

6. Widow - Did great on the challenge and the lipsync but her runway look was not the TEA. Her spring/fall looks were better than that mess.

7. Nicky - I have bias on putting her here because I think she is just so beautiful and I'm a sucker for European accents. Anyway, her fashion was great but her verse, I needed subtitles because I thought she was slurring all over it.

8. Aiden - I actually like her? She was not messy and she actually served a look on the runway. Her performance in the challenge was also really good. Shocked.

9. Heidi - Sweet queen but I just didn't like her anything. Even her verse was meh to me. Her mug on the runway look though, cyst.

10. Crystal - I don't like her mug, her humour, her performance, her runway looks.

11. Dahlia - The only reason she's above Brita is at least she served looks. But honestly, 11-12 can be tied for last.

12. Brita - Cocky yet didn't serve anything but flop.

Finally watched episode 2, I think I will actually look forward to watching this season rather than struggle through it like 11. 

1. Gigi Goode - As others have said, looks like we have a runway queen with a bit more of a standout personality than Violet. Can't wait to see what she does in the coming weeks. 

2. Rock M Sakura - Loved her opening up to the other queens, so cute. Loved her looks and her anime/video game influenced drag too. She is like Kim Chi Jr. and I am here for it. 

3. Jaida Essence Hall - A well deserved win both in the challenge and lipsync; thankfully over redacted...errr....Sherry Pie. Good for her for overcoming the villain edit as others have said, 

4. Jackie - Obviously a cutie and did well in the challenge too - definitely want to see her stick around a while. 

5. Jan - Strong start for her even if Ru picked on her a bit. 

6. Aiden Zhane - I liked her in all her performances but I feel Michelle well harp on her for her cheap/thrifty drag before too long. I hope she can last a good few weeks at least because I like a weirdo. She'll probably leave early though. 

7. Heidi N Closet - Like her backstory and name; also hilarious confessionals. I do think she might have a short shelf life, she screams shocker boot to me, but we'll see.

8. Widow - Based on the challenge she deserved her top two placement and had a good lip sync too but I fear she will hog the air time like Silky. I also think redacted...errr...Sherry Pie will do so as well since I don't think they can go back and re-edit the show at this point. 

9. Nicky - I liked her mini challenge and runway look but if you admit you name yourself after Icky Minaj, even if you are just trying to suck up to her, you lose major points in my book. Icky does not deserv flattery. 

10. Crystal - Meh, one of the least memorable ones. 

11. Dahlia Sin - Another that will hog the air time I feel and will be style and no substance. Good looks aren't enough to put her any higher in my ranking.

12. Brita - One of those queens we've seen from NY who think they'll own the competiton but get owened quickly. Didn't make much of an impression beyond that. 

Someone who sees the finished episodes said that they trimmed as much of her airtime from the preview as possible. I wonder if VH1 is indeed making last-minute changes to the episodes to try and rid themselves of him.

1 hour ago, *Chris said:

The first 10 minutes of the next minute has been released - it still includes a warning regarding you know who. 

🤣

17 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Oops. 

Was at work and distracted, been an hectic day due to the current situation. 

Actually, that wasn't why I reacted that way. That's too funny, I just noticed the mistake. I feel bad for people that always have to go away due to allegations and their life gets ruined every time, regardless. Not saying Sherry didn't do this, but it always seems to be the first thing done - immediately get the person out and remove anything containing their presence, lol. 

Looking forward to the episode tomorrow though! 

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Actually, that wasn't why I reacted that way. That's too funny, I just noticed the mistake. I feel bad for people that always have to go away due to allegations and their life gets ruined every time, regardless. Not saying Sherry didn't do this, but it always seems to be the first thing done - immediately get the person out and remove anything containing their presence, lol. 

Looking forward to the episode tomorrow though! 

I was saying this because of my mistake :dead:

This challenge was...horrendous? Horrific? Terrible. IDK. Charo is the only reason to watch that challenge. You could skip straight to the runway tbh. The winner being [REDACTED] is also a disheartening end to this episode. 

At least a donation was made to The Trevor Project to try and mitigate some of the backlash and negativity that will come with crowning [REDACTED] the winner. Even the lip-sync was terrible...LOL.

Dahlia had a very, very weak showing tbh. Obviously, her runway looks are strong. But yikes to her lip-syncing abilities and acting chops. 

The best part of this episode was Charo + the drama of Dahlia Sin storming off the set. :dead:

Rankings:

1. Jan Sport - her runway look was everything + she was super committed in that challenge + star personality

2. Jaida Essence Hall - another solid runway look + commendable performance in the challenge + star personality

3. Gigi Goode - amazing look + very committed to her role + sweet personality

4. Jackie Cox - great look + good actor

5. Heidi N Closet - star star star star + best performer in the challenge imo + cute look

6. Widow Von Du - her line about barbecue was the funniest part of the entire challenge + good look

7. Rock M. Sakura - loved her look tonight + fighting for the apple only to fail as the orange was hilarious 

8. Nicky Doll - enjoy her personality + sickening runway look + weak performance in the challenge and lackluster lip-sync

9. Crystal Methyd - Michelle picking on her for no reason is yucky + she is so sweet and her make-up skills are otherworldly + but her performance was weak

10. Aiden Zhane - wtf was that runway + she was looking at her partners the entire challenge for cues

11. Brita Filter - terrible personality + not slaying enough in the competition to have that much confidence

Totally agreed with all the comments on Brita. I think she went in with a bigger reputation than most of the other girls, I've seen her on cast wish lists for a couple of years now, so she was probably expecting to come and slay it. But she's not really doing anything that special atm and she needs to lose the arrogance. I agree that Aiden was the weakest in their group but none of them were that great tbh so the way they teamed up on her felt really unfair.

1. Jaida - I don't see this changing for me at all over the season tbh.

2. Heidi - honestly such a star. She deserved to win this challenge, she was great (and I like her not-so-great name!)

3. Jan - Brita should take some lessons from her when it comes to humility tbh. She's doing well in the challenges, I've liked her runways and her personality.

4. Gigi - unlike others she's found the balance of being a look queen who can do more than one thing.

5. Jackie - she also did great this week, I'm really enjoying her.

6. Nicky - tbh I think next time there's an acting/comedy challenge she's gonna struggle, especially since we've now seen her lip-syncing, but I just love her confessionals.

7. Rock - I think she did okay this week!  Nothing special but I think she's coming out of her shell a little more now.

8. Crystal - I'm not personally a big fan of the makeup but also why bother bringing on queens like her and then ripping her apart for her signature look. Plus it's week 2 technically so Michelle saying it's repetitive... get another critique.

9. Widow - she's kinda slipping under the radar for me which is weird because she had such a great first episode.

10. Aiden - I think she's probably going to struggle a lot next week because it's clear that she doesn't have the budget in her drag that others do. I kinda like her though? It's refreshing to see someone different like her on the show. Brita/****** kinda ganging up on her was uncalled for too.

11. Brita - like everyone's said, the arrogance is a huge turn-off. If she was applying it to the challenges I'd get it. But so far she's not really giving us anything.

12. Dahlia - I mean the storm off is actually kinda iconic. But she was the easiest choice for first boot. She wanted to talk the talk but couldn't walk the walk so... bye girl.

Caught up on the episode last night. That challenge was rough outside of Heidi/Jackie/Gigi's groups.

RANKING:

01. Jaide Essence Hall - Her runway? Flawless. Her improv skills? Flawless. Her confessionals? Flawless. Her leadership skills? Flawless. Woke up? Like this.

02. Gigi Goode - I did not expect her to actually be funny in the improv challenge, but it was a pleasant surprise! She was cracking me up in Untucked. :rofl: Her poor mother having to sew 25,000 buttons on her dress, though.

03. Jackie Cox - I actually thought Heidi and Gigi were funnier in the skit than her, but I got the impression she was supposed to be the "Straight Man" of the group. Still remains a cutie out of drag. :wub: 

04. Heidi N Closet - Ru's hatred for her name is so random. Also robbed of a win this week! Living in my French Vanilla Fantasy™ of Widow, Jaidi and Heidi being the winners so far.

05. Jan Sport - Moved down more-so by default, just because I'm really living for the top four.

06. Rock M Sakura

07. Widow Von'Du - Killed at the improv and remains serious competition, but I haven't really cared for any of the looks she's shown so far. :ph34rwave:

08. Nicky Doll - I think she's on limited time, but I can't deny her runways are slaying.

09. Aiden Zhane - M e h.

10. Crystal Methyd - Not a fan.

11. Dahlia Sin - That stomp-off after she was eliminated was iconic :wub:

12. Brita Filter - How does someone who's been the worst in all of her team assignments so far have the biggest ego? Pass.

Loved 🥧's runway look this week, so props to the designer Florence D'Lee for that! I'm just ignoring who was wearing it.

The episode was okay, the runway had some good looks. But with that being said, I really like/love the queen that are on this season. 

1. Jackie Cox -  I don't see this changing for me. I absolutely love everything about Jackie ❤️ 
  2. Heidi N Closet - Honestly, she's a star! I love watching her - her confessionals are amazing. And her runway look? Amazing. 
  3. Jan - love Jan, another one that is a star. And I love her Jan's jukebox where she did Dancing On My Own and Problem. 
  4. Jaida Essence Hall - She's one to watch; everything she does is effortless. 
  5. Gigi Goode - I am impressed by her; she's showing that she can be more than a look queen, which she excels at. I think she will be a contender! 
  6. Rock M Sakura - I love her style, really hope she can shine sooner than later.
  7. Crystal Methyd - I actually love her look which is her brand. Her being criticized for her makeup is getting old. And I wanna see more of her! 
  8. Nicky Doll - the look? Amazing. And I relate to her on some level #FrenchKiss
  9. Widow Von'Du - Moving down because she didn't really impress me, this week. 
  10. Brita - girl, wake the f**k up!
  11. Aiden Zhane - This week, she was MEH.
  12. Dahlia Sin - girl, bye! 

Compared to last week:

1. Gigi Goode (+1) 

2. Jaidi Essence Hall (-1)

3. Jan 

4. Jackie Cox 

5. Heidi N Closet (+3)

6. Rock M Sakura (-1)

7. Nicki Doll (-1)

8. Widow Von'Du (-1)

9. Aiden Zhane (+1)

10. Crystal Methyd (-1)

11. Brita (+1)

12. Dahlia Sin (-1)

13. [redacted]

Heidi should have won the challenge, no question.

1. Jan

2. Crystal Methyd (literally Michelle stfu)

3. Heidi N Closet (judges leave her tf alone about her damn name it’s not that deep)

4. Jackie Cox

5. Rock M Sakura

6. Gigi Goode

7. Jaida Essence Hall

8. Widow Von’Du

9. Nicky Doll

10. Aiden Zhane

11. Brita

12. Dahlia Sin